Dance For Me.....{ON HOLD}

By lovethefics

Iris is just a regular girl. Born in New York, loved dance with all her heart. But things happened there, thi... More

Dance For Me.....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

86 3 6
By lovethefics

Chapter 6

 "Yes?' The guy in the doorway questioned.

I just stood there silent. Too speechless and tired to say a word. By then, I just felt like crumbling into nothing.

It could've actually been a possibility at that point.

My soaked hair stuck to my face and the hood of my favourite hoodie that rested on my head, sent droplets of water down my face. My duffel bag that was still slung over my sopping shoulder made my whole body feel as though I was going to collapse right there in that hallway, outside the door that I thought belonged to my last chance. 

"Dan, who's at the-- Scout?" A familiar voice sounded from inside the flat. I glanced over the shoulder of the boy at the door to see Phil standing there with the most confused expression on his face. 

"Phil?" I whispered out in a shaky breath.

 Seeing Phil just sent me over the edge. I dropped my bag, pushed past the guy at the door, knocking shoulders as I rushed into Phil's arms.

"Phil" I said louder this time but with a broken voice.

All of the pain and distress of the day caught up with me at that point and I finally just let it out. Let out the anger, the sadness, the heartache, the pain and all the emotions and distress that day had caused me, right into the jumper of a boy who I hadn't even talked to in a month or more. But I couldn't have cared less because I needed somebody. Somebody who gave off warmth, happiness, comfort and felt like home.

And that was no other than Phil.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I peeled my eyes open, observing my surroundings.

It's been, I don't even know how many hours since I barged into the poor guys flat. And I finally wept. Even when I lost my job, all I did was cry. But I finally let out all my emotions and wept.

Weeping is not the same thing as crying, It takes your whole body to weep, and when it's over, you feel like you don't have any bones left to hold you up.

That's what happened to me the minute I fell into Phil's warm arms. I started to weep which drained all strength from my body. I literally would have collapsed in the middle of the flat if it weren't for Phil's arms wrapped around me. He carried me to the sofa where we sat and I let everything out. I just wept into his jumper and he didn't question me. He just held me tight and refused to let me go. He was just there for me. And that's all I needed.

Now sat on Phil's sofa, my face hidden in his warm and tear stained jumper, letting my silent tear drops fall with a killer headache not helping. My weeping has long since turned into sobs, which turned into silent sobs, then silent tears that would occasionally fall. The entire time Phil didn't speak a word, he just let me let it out while holding me tight and saying the occasional 'shhh' or 'I'm here now, love'.

Damn, I'm lucky to have him.

I pulled my head out of Phil's comfortable embrace and sniffled a bit. I looked up into his blue eyes which were like the ice water of the arctic but they were so kind and felt like home that they could never feel cold. His pale skin perfectly surrounded his kind blue eyes with his ebony black fringe framing his entire face. His sympathetic, but confused, eyes and sad smile made him look almost like an innocent puppy and made me feel loved. I felt like such a burden on him.

He doesn't deserve sadness in his life.I'm a terrible person for laying all this on him, and yet he still has no idea what's going on with me to make me like this. If only he knew, but I don't want to get him involved in this.

"I'm sorry" I croaked out in a hoarse and scratchy voice that didn't sound much louder than a whisper.

"For what? I feel like I'm the one who should be saying sorry." He spoke quietly while brushing some hair that stuck to my tear stained face away.

"I-I shouldn't have just barged into your flat..b-but....It w-was my only hope. I stumbled into your neighbourhood purely by accident before I recognised it and I just, I just--"

"Shhhh, it's okay Iris, I'm here for you. You can tell me anything or nothing at all but I'm still here for you and I'm not going anywhere nor am I letting you go anywhere." He pulled me into another warm embrace. This time a lot shorter but it still radiated the same warmth and comfort that his hugs always seemed to harbour. As he pulled away, my knee banged into his causing a sharp pain making me shriek.

"OW!! What the actual fuck?! Why did that hurt?" I cried out, completely confused with the situation.

"Holy crap, Iris! Are you alright? I'm so sorry. Um, here." He looked over my knee for a second before sighing " Actually, why don't you go take a shower then we can see what's going on with your knee because all I can see on your knee, right now, is mud. Plus, a shower should make you feel a bit better and maybe we can talk afterwards too, if you're up for it." He smiled kindly after taking one last look at my knee, standing up and offering me his hand.

I took it as he gently pulled me to my feet.

"Th-thanks" I muttered as he helped guide me through the flat.

 He stopped in front of a door and pushed it open. I glanced inside as he moved around me and opened a cupboard to grab a towel for me.

 "Um, here's a towel, do you need anything else? Well, of course you need clothes, gosh I'm stupid, ah, sorry, um, you left that bag at that front door when you got here, right?" He asked after handing me my towel.

"Um, yeah, I did but, uh, I was wondering if I could also borrow a t-shirt? Sorry, I just was wondering." I awkwardly asked.

"Oh, yeah, of course! I'll get those for you and you can just go straight into the shower."

"Don't worry I'll leave your stuff outside the door." He quickly added once he saw the questioning glance I gave him.

"Feel free to use anything you want" He called back at me, making his way to get my stuff for me. He's so sweet.

I stepped into the bathroom and flicked the lights on as I put my towel on the counter and closed the door. I started to turn towards the shower to turn it on when I caught my reflection in the mirror.

 “Holy shit!” I whispered under my breath, as I took a step closer to it to get a better look at the face in the mirror which I barely recognised as my own.

My eyes were as puffy and red as bags of strawberry marshmallows with the tiny bit of eyeliner that I had put on, smudged around my face. My nose looked as though I could be Rudolph's stupid sister and my skin was just overall blotchy. Not to mention my hair, I couldn't even describe the terror that was my hair. It looked like it got attacked by birds, then got severely rained on, then it dried slightly resulting in a rat's nest type thing with pieces stuck to my face.

 I turned away from the mirror and started to slowly peel my dirty and drenched clothes off my cold body. I just wanted to get in the shower and wash away some stress. I didn't want to think about anything anymore. I just wanted to wipe the day away.

I turned the handle and start the shower, setting it to a steamy temperature before stepping in.

The small beads of water that rushed out in dozens seemed to be magic as I let the day slowly start to wash away. I let the water rush through my hair and felt it start to wash out the adventure that the day had been. After a few minutes of letting the dirt and grossness wash off my body and out of my hair, I started looking for shampoo, body wash and all that good stuff. I looked at the rack on the wall of the shower that held all their showering goods. I scanned it for a minute before stopping in my tracks. I started to giggle at the sight of the floral scented soap, which I was pretty sure wasn't a guy's brand. All of a sudden a song came to mind from 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights', a hilarious movie, might I add.

We're men! MANLY MEN

We're men in tights! YES

We roam around the forest looking for fights!

I started to sing the song, as I washed my body with their manly soap, with a full out grin on my face. My grin didn't even falter when I realised it was the first time that I smiled since that morning.

I quickly finished up my shower before drying off with my towell and wrapping it around my chest-ular region. I looked my knee over, since the mud and dirt was gone, just to see a small scrape. Gosh, I could be such a baby sometimes. I walked over to the door and opened it a crack just to grab the bag and t-shirt Phil had left out for me.

Once I had my bag on the bathroom sink counter, I opened it and glanced at what I mindlessly threw into it whilst rushing out of the flat, in the morning. I put my hand in to grab, what I thought were sweats, only to find that it was wet?! The freaking rain wet through the bag and made all my clothes wet!

t-shirt

shorts

jeans

bra

underwear

Yes! Sweats too! All freaking wet!

Oh damn.

The real problem wasn't me not having anything to wear. It's going out there in just Phil's t-shirt and telling him that I had nothing to wear.

Well, this should be interesting.

I slipped his t-shirt over my naked body and thankfully it at least went down a few inches past my ass so he, hopefully, wouldn't see anything. Hopefully.

I opened the bathroom door and made my way down the hallway which, I assumed, was the way to the living room, judged by the faint voices I heard. I made it all the way down the hall and peered into the living room where Phil and Dan, I think it was, were sitting without noticing me there.

"Phil" I quietly dragged out his name to get his attention whilst waiting at the doorway, one hand fiddled with the hem of the t-shirt and the other is placed on the doorway, to lean on.

He and Dan both turned their heads at the sound of my voice and both visibly widened their eyes and gaped at my attire.

My long, dark, wet hair half cascading down my back and half falling lightly on my front. Small driplets of water wet the grey t-shirt that I'm borrowing from Phil. 

I cleared my throat nervously as a blush crept on to my face. The boys snapped out of whatever they were in and looked up at me with the same blush stricken across their faces.

"Um, sorry to bother you guys so much but, uh, I was wondering if you guys might have some boxers or sweatpants or something for me to borrow because everything in my bag, kind of uh, got soaked from the rain." I awkwardly asked, fiddling with the t-shirt's hem again. 

"W-wow, uh I mean, that is terrible" Phil stuttered out with a slight pink tinting his cheeks.

"Um, yeah, y-you can borrow some of mine just come with me." Dan said as he gets up to lead me somewhere. Probably his room but I wasn't sure.

We reached a random door and stopped to open it. He stepped inside with no need to turn on the lights because of the fairy lights around his room. He made his way over to a dresser before turning around with a pair of boxers in his hands.

" Uh, here you go, sorry, I don't think my sweats would fit you very well, Scout, right?" I nodded "Well, Iris, I am going to go to the living room, uh, everything okay here?"

I nodded again. He nodded back once more before turning and walking out of the room. I slipped on his boxers and stepped out of the room, ignoring my slight urge to snoop. I closed the door behind myself and started to walk towards the living room. Once again, I heard voices but this time it sounded more like a slight argument. I couldn't really hear what they were saying but once I got to the doorway of the living room it stopped. Dan glanced over Phil's shoulder to look at me from where they were both standing. 

"Oh, h-hey Iris." Dan waved nervously as Phil huffed and stormed out of the room, leaving me and Dan in an awkward silence as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

*Ahem* I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence that I would've done an awkward turtle in, if it weren't so serious.

"Um, sorry about that, Iris, uh, I hope you don't mind, I set up the couch for you tonight, I mean, if it's not comfortable, you could always take my room and I--"

"No!" I cut him off "No, really, it's perfect. I'm just thankful you even let my trainwreck ass sleep here tonight." I said with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood a little which earned a small chuckle from him.

"Well, if you need anything feel free to come ask, I'll probably be up on the internet till 4:00am, anyway." He chuckled before adding "Sorry, you didn't really get to talk to Phil, I promise you'll be able to tomorrow, he just needs to cool down for a bit, which, by the way, I should be trying to help with, goodnight, Iris."

"Night, Dan, and thanks again." He just gave me slight nod before hurrying off to, probably, Phil's room.

I sat down on the couch which, thanks to Dan, was all snuggly with a sheet, giant blanket and a pillow. I snuggled myself underneath the blankets and let my mind wander. 

After around 2 minutes of wandering my mind led me to my phone. My phone which I shoved in my bag before leaving the flat. The same bag of wet clothes that got soaked by the downpour I found myself in earlier.

"Ugh" I groaned as I pulled the warm and cozy blanket off of my body. I stumbled on my feet and started my way towards Phil's room where, I assume, Dan is. 

I walked down the hallways and right by Dan's empty room, which further proved my earlier assumption. I heard voices coming from Phil's room. 

Sounded like they decided to continue the argument in the bedroom.

I crept over to the door that was cracked open a little and silently peered inside to eavesdrop and spy.

I'm creepy, deal with it.

"Seriously, Phil, calm down, what if Iris hears? Plus, might I remind you for the hundreth time, we have neighbours." Dan hushed, obviously annoyed and frustrated.

"Calm down? I'm not being that loud, Dan, and this is what I'm talking about. I mean, you were practically undressing Iris with your eyes. I get that your bi, Dan, but I didn't think I would have to compete with everyone that steps into the house!" Phil said angrily.

Dan and Phil are together? Huh, interesting.

"You don't have to compete with anyone, Phil! Why don't you get that? Yes, I gawked at Scout but so did you and nobody, I mean nobody even compares to you! You're the one, Phil, the only one." Dan yelled frustrated.

Phil grabbed Dan by the back of his neck and smashed his lips on to Dan's. The kiss was passionate, hungry, and had started to get uncomfortable. Phil pushed Dan onto the bed before straddling him.

Nope, nope, noppity nope nope. No thank you.

I stumbled backwards and quickly made my way back down to the living room. My phone could wait. I layed my head down as I snuggled back into the couch and under the covers. I gently closed my eyes and let myself start to fall asleep with the silence surrounding me. I started to feel my conciousness slipping.

"Aaah Phil, yeeeees AAAhmmm fasTER"

My eyes shot open at the rythmic squeaking and thumping bed, above.

Shit. This is going to be a looong night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hellooooooooooo again,

Do I even still have readers after the amount of time I was gone?

I know, I know, WHERE THE BALLS HAVE I BEEN FOR THE PAST MONTH?! I have been extremely busy with family stuff and also school started again *sigh* and also, writers block is a thing as well as lack of INTERWEBS CONNECTIVITY!!! So in other words, just a crappy month in which I couldn't write :( I'm sowwy, BUT I'M BACK NOW :D and I have a schedule!! 

I WILL UPDATE EVERY SUNDAY!!! SO LOOK OUT!!

Right now it's like 1:30am which now makes it Sunday!! :D

OOOOOOOOH I forgot to tell you guys stuff, there are a few good things that happened when I was away.

I HAVE A GIANT PIKACHU IN MY ROOM!!!! My brother won me a GIANT pikachu from the amusement park fair thingy mabob and now it's in my room and I'm all happy and stuff :3

And the only good thing about school starting... THERE'S THIS REALLY CUTE GUY IN MY SOCIALS AND SCIENCE CLASS AND HE IS SO asdfghjkl;'  I know... I'm a creeper but he is like so fine! Anywhoozle, yea... that... *awkwardly shuffles out* :3

also I decorated my room today, or should I say, yesterday... :3

Soooo... back to the story....

The song Scout sings in the shower from the hilarious movie is there >>>

Dan and Phil are the youtubers Dan Howell (danisnotonfire) and Phil Lester (amazingphil)..... CHECK THEM OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!! that's them on the side.. Dan (left) Phil (right) >>>

And don't worry.... this is a 1D fanfic...they're coming.... sheesh give it a few chapters...

Anyway, I hope you liked it! If you did VOTE COMMENT and FAN? and if you didn't then COMMENT on how I could improve c:

Stay True to Yourself,

I Love you all to the Moon and back,

lovethefics xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 970 41
"Blue" De Wolfe is living a life she never thought she'd live. She's famous, and she's living a life for her fans, and to send a message to those who...
15.4K 401 30
Caitlyn's life has always been revolved around the Central Intelligence Agency. With her parents being one of the two top agents of the facility, Cai...
1K 55 35
Elena Marie Owens, a cool, Independent 15 year old. A very well known person around New York due to her talents in the Arts and Crafts, and one of he...
9.4K 187 35
18 year old Ariella didn't want to be at the One Direction concert she had been forced to go to with her little sister. She'd much rather be out on t...