Forever Dead

By jc83189

Nocte Defunctorum...also known as Night of the Dead. One night of every twenty years vampires can come into t... More

Forever Dead
Forever Dead ::2:: Panda Express and Vampires
Forever Dead ::3:: Oh Baby, You're Hard Like Your Belt Buckle
Forever Dead ::Character List::
Forever Dead ::4:: Midnight Rendezvous
Forever Dead ::5:: Football!!!
Forever Dead 6 ::Dinner for the Dead::
Forever Dead ::7:: Vampire Kisses High
Forever Dead ::8:: Shit Hit the Fan
Forever Dead ::9:: Losing Grip
Forever Dead ::10:: This Spices things Up
Forever Dead ::11:: Not so bad....after all
Forever Dead ::12:: Killers...
Forever Dead ::14::
Forever Dead ::15:: Sweet Dreams are Made of Thee
Forever Dead ::16:: The Killer Inside Me
Forever Dead ::17:: Doppleganger
Forever Dead ::18:: Everything is Illuminated
Forever Dead ::19:: To Kill and Angel is to Kill your Soul
Forever Dead ::20:: One evil...One good...Which one are you?
Forever Dead ::21:: Face to Face
Forever Dead ::22:: Who Am I Really?
The End of Forever Dead
Forever Dead ::Completely Published:: The Last part of the story - FREE
CONTEST! CALLING ALL ARTISTS & WRITERS
Contest Results!
SEQUEL NOW POSTED!

Forever Dead ::13:: Ghosts of the Past

175K 3.4K 520
By jc83189

SIMONE ------------>

I opened the door to my room and 6 rushed towards me.

“Oh My God! Leave some of the cute vampires for the rest of us.” She said, playfully hitting me on the shoulder.

“What do you mean?” I asked, sitting on the plush couch.

“Xander has the hots for you.” She said wiggling her eyebrows. “And you also happen to have the attention of Nicholai too.” She added.

“Nicholai just wants me, he doesn’t love me.”

“I never said anything about love. I don’t think vampires can love.” She said seriously. I shot her a questioning look and noticed the blank expression on her face, like she was lost…

“6, are you ok?” I asked her. Through all of this, I hadn’t really paid attention to what the others were feeling. She could have been distraught about the whole girls dying thing. I sure was, who knew who was next?

“Yeah, of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” she asked quickly. She darted her eyes towards the windows and I became suspicious. She was acting funny….

“So, how did you learn to dance like that?” she asked, changing the topic. I laughed and stood, heading towards the door.

“I took lessons for a while when I was a kid. I guess it just stuck.”

“You seem to have a lot of hidden talents, I’ll have to keep my eye on you.” She said seriously and walked into the bathroom. I frowned at her change of mood and just shrugged it off, deciding to go watch a movie.

I entered the empty movie room and picked my favorite DVD from the huge collection. The couches were comfy leather, and after sliding the disk in, I dove under the furry blanket and got comfortable. My head was resting on the arm rest and the screen just turned black when Macy walked in…with Nicholai.

“So what movies do you like?” She asked him, heading over to the movie collection.

“Anything really. What’s your favorite?”

“Oh, I love funny movies. Confessions of a Shopaholic is my favorite!” She said giggling. I almost scoffed and instead just coughed, bringing them to my attention.

“Oh, sorry 10, didn’t see you there.” Macy said biting her lip. No need to feel Guilty Macy, I wanted you to spend time with him. Actually the more the better.

“It’s okay, the movie I watched just ended.” I said sitting up, feeling uncomfortable the way Nicholai was eyeing my laying form.

“Oh, okay.” She said happily.

“Bye.” She added just then Nicholai spoke.

“Did you want to join us?” he asked. Macy’s face-hardened.

“No thanks, I’ve had my fill of shopaholic.” I said grinning. I went to the DVD player and pulled out the movie, placing it back on the shelf.

“You Like Kill Bill?” He asked surprised. I nodded my head.

“Of course.” He crossed his arms and smirked.

“And here I thought you were a Legally Blonde fan.” He said. I smirked right back and laughed.

“Hey, don’t judge me by the color of my hair and I won’t judge you by yours.”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” he asked, leaning against the wall.

“It means brunettes are boring and I’m fun.”

“I’m fun.”

“I’m sure, being all broody and secretive might have Bella Swan wrapped around your finger, but not me. I like blondes.” I said before even realizing that Xander is in fact a blonde. Nicholai just laughed.

“Believe me, if you and I were alone we could have tons of fun.”

“And see, there’s your problem, blondes can have fun anywhere with any amount of people.”

“Kinky.” He said and winked. I realized then I had been flirting with him and mentally smacked myself. Stop drawing attention to yourself! I yelled at my brain and just rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, well, I’ll leave you two to it.” I said and waved goodbye to Macy, who stood frowning in front of the television.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Audrina?” I whispered to myself.

“Everything.” I heard behind me. I turned and saw Mandy standing in front of her bedroom door.

“What do you want from me?” I asked, exasperated.

“Just to tell you if you ever touch me again, you’ll be the next one dead.” And with that she shut the door. I shivered and walked towards my bedroom. I was more confused then ever. Who was the killer? Was it that guy Quinn like Nicholai suggested to Xander? Or was it one of the Potentials? I had thought vampires were monsters, but it never occurred to me that humans could be too. I knew from first hand experience.

“10?” Lucia said from the hall. I looked down and met her eyes.

“Yes?”

“The Young Master said I was to take you to your brother now.” I grinned, nearly forgetting about our deal.

“Perfect.” I sighed and walked towards her. She gave me a small smile and we began descending the steps to the foyer. She took me down a different hall this time.

“This is Princess Katreena’s private quarters, here in the West wing,” she said opening a set of double doors. This part of the castle was totally a girls. The walls were a light gold with pink and silver designs around the borders. It was very feminine. I was in love.

I found myself in a parlor a few moments later, staring at Charlie.

“Hey sis.” He said hugging me. I clung onto him and breathed in his scent.

“I’ve missed you.” I said.

“It’s only been like a day.” He said laughing. I laughed too, wiping my eyes.

“Still…” he sat down and I sat across from him, noting that the parlor was in a Victorian Theme. The couches were comfy at least.

“So where’s your…Mate.” I said, testing the word.

“She’s getting fitted for dresses. She’s planning a Mating ceremony…I guess it’s kind of like a wedding.” He said shrugging his shoulders. I nodded my head, lowering it.

“Am I invited?” I whispered.

“Yes! I think all the Potentials are going. But you’re my sister, you’re in it!” he said laughing.

“In it? How…?”

“It’s sort of like a bridesmaid, but I guess you’d be called a Matesmaid haha.”

“Yeah, hardy ha.” I said hitting him lightly.

“So, really, how is everything? Is he hurting you?” Charlie asked, all traces of joking gone.

“Yeah, it’s fine. He’s not hurting me.” I said, bending the truth a bit. Charlie would just try to cause trouble and he was human…he would never be able to compete with Nicholai.

“Okay. But I want you to promise me something. Tell me if anything happens Drina.” He said, using my nickname. I smiled softy and nodded my head.

“Of course.”

“So how’s everything with the girls? Macy?” he said, sitting back, a little relaxed now.

“Eh, what do you expect? Everyone is really competitive.” I said.

“Yeah that’s to be expected. But Audrina, Nicholai may be an asshole, but the way he looked at you…you have this in the bag,” he said laughing. I frowned.

“I don’t want this Charlie. No matter how long I am here, I will still want to go home.” I crossed my arms and took a deep breath, tired of explaining myself.

“Audrina, I have known you your whole life and though you would never admit it, I know you’re lonely.” He squeezed my knee. “But just because our father did what he did, doesn’t mean you need to punish yourself.” My eyes widened and I faced him then. Charlie hadn’t mentioned our father in five years; he refused to even acknowledge his existence.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said, clenching my jaw.

“Yes you do. Stop being so stubborn. You deserve to be happy Drina! You deserve to have love, like I do. When will you realize that?”

“Yah well maybe I did want love. But that option was ripped away from me when I was taken here.” I said, tears falling down my face.

“Why do you always have to look at the glass half empty?”

“Why can’t you ever?” I shot back

“Sometimes good things come from the bad.” He said. I shook my head slowly and replied. “And they usually don’t.”

“Hey Honey.” I heard behind me and turned to see Nicholai’s sister walking in the room with her arms full of bags. She stopped when she saw me and dropped the bags right in the middle of the floor.

“Hi!” she squealed and ran towards me, throwing her arms around my body and bringing me close. I caught the distinct smell of Chanel No. 5 as she crushed me.

“We didn’t really get to talk last time since my beast of a brother took you away.” She said smiling. I smiled back timidly and nodded my head. I shivered as she pulled away. She was a vampire and could have easily crushed me to bits if she wanted to. Being in the arms of something so deadly was scary…but then, why was I never scared with Nicholai…or Xander?

“Now I hope Charlie didn’t ruin the surprise…” she said looking at him and he smiled sheepily. She just rolled her eyes and kissed him on the cheek.

“I knew he couldn’t keep a secret. So you already know you’re in the Ceremony?” she asked. I nodded my head.

“Am I allowed to be?” I asked, clutching my hands.

“Duh! Don’t worry about my brother, he’s all talk, no action.”

“Mhm.” I replied, wishing I knew that version of her brother.

“So, I just picked up the bridesmaids dresses.”

“You call them that? I thought it was like Matemaids…” Charlie said, wrapping his arms around her. She giggled and replied, “No, for all intensive purposes…this is a wedding, and therefore I am the bride.” She said, kissing him. I felt a pang in my chest, never really seeing my brother so happy. I felt guilty for yelling at him about our mother the other day.

“So, I got your dress size from Lucia and, well, here you go.” She handed me a light pink bag stuffed with tissue paper. I smiled and slowly took it all out, piling it neatly on the sofa. I finally got to the bottom and pulled out a silky lilac colored dress. I pressed it against my body and saw it went just above my knees and was very classy and chic.

“I love it.” I smiled at her. She clapped her hands.

“I knew you would. Charlie said you weren’t very flamboyant, and neither am I, so I chose something simple.” She said.

“Too bad I am the complete opposite.” I heard from the doorway. I turned and saw the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She walked like she was on air, and stood with her back straight and head high… like a goddess. No wonder vampires were often mistaken as Gods in the past.

“Hello Elphina.” Katreena said a little tense.

“Katty,” she said, hugging her and air kissing her cheeks.

“Whose this?” She turned her cool gaze to me and I felt my body involuntarily shrink.

“This is Charlie’s sister…and one of Nicholai’s Potentials.” Katreena responded, hesitating at the last bit. I saw this woman, Elphina’s, eyes widen and narrow.

“Mhm, I thought he liked them skinny.” She said smirking.

“Yeah, he does. Guess that’s why I was chosen.” I said, crossing my arms. Her nostrils flared and she almost spoke when Katreena interrupted her.

“Elphie, here’s your dress. I picked something I knew you would like.” She handed her a bag and then turned to me. “The dresses are different, I don’t really care for the matchy stuff.” She said. I nodded my head and watched Elphina pull out a scarlet colored dress that would look gorgeous with her hair and skin. It sparkled as she moved and came just below her thigh in a slit and then went down to trail behind her. The neckline plunged, giving a generous view of her cleavage.

I stole a glance at my brother and saw him gazing at Katreena’s turned face. I smiled softly, knowing my brother would usually be gawking at any beautiful woman. But he only had eyes for her…he really did love her.

“This is lovely.” Elphina said, placing it back in the bag.

“Elphina is a dear close friend of the family.” Katreena said. Elphina smirked at me, throwing her rank in my face.

“Hmm…Surprising.” I said and turned, walking to the door.

“Charlie, I’ll see you later. Thanks Katreena, it was nice talking with you.” I said and slipped out the door, breathing a sigh of relief. Being around vampires was really taking its toll on my self-esteem.

I just came out of the west wing when I bumped into Nicholai.

“There you are.” He said grim.

“Yes, here I am. You did say I could visit my brother?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“Yes. But I was informed we had visitors.”

“Hmm. Yes, I met Elphina.” I said her name with distaste.

“Ah, you didn’t like her I presume?” he asked, walking alongside me.

“No, I didn’t. She called me fat.” I said, exaggerating her words.

“Well, don’t take it personally. She’s had a crush on me for years.” He said smirking.

“Oh, that explains it. You fuck/ducked.” I said. He stopped and looked at me.

“Fuck/ducked?”

“Yes. You fucked and then ducked. You ditched her.” I said.

“Ahaha, we had fun, that was it. She believed for centuries I would be her Mate, but that spark never happened. Not like you…not like the others.” He said as we continued walking.

“Yeah well, tell her that. She is obviously still upset.” We came to the steps but he took my hand and pulled me somewhere else.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, exasperated. I didn’t need anymore emotional turmoil for the day.

“Just come with me.”

“Shouldn’t you spending time with the other girls?” I asked as he dragged me off. He just shrugged.

“I already did.” I rolled my eyes and followed him outside, passed the fountain we swam in and passed the rose filled garden all the way back into the woods.

“Okay, here is where I draw the line. I am not going into the creepy woods with a vampire.” I said, forcing him to stop. He rolled his eyes.

“Please.” He said sternly. Even though it was rough and his eyes were narrowed, I saw the sincerity in them. “Okay.” I moaned and followed him. We walked in for a mile and came to a stop in front of a giant tree…and in the tree was a house.

“A tree house?” I asked, crossing my arms. The smell of the leaves around me was intoxication, and I heard the soft sound of water running somewhere in the distance.

“Not just any tree house, my tree house. My cousin and I built it when we were kids. My father was sick and tired of us destroying the house with our games and kicked us out, handing us a hammer and some nails and told us to make our own house. So we did.”

“Come here.” He said and I came closer. “Start climbing.” He handed me the rope ladder. I felt the course rope in my hand and sighed, deciding it was better not to argue.

“Can’t you just fly me up.” I said halfway up. I didn’t hear an answer and crawled through the small opening.

“Took you long enough.” He said laughing, sitting on a small couch. I grumbled and stood.

“Thanks.” I rolled my eyes and took in my surroundings. It was very nice and roomy, and had an array of boy things. A few action figures made of wood, wooden swords, chalk…

“Cool fort.” I said, sitting next to him.

“I spent almost every day here. Just thinking,…”he said looking around and then his eyes narrowed.

“Until the day they came.” He said. I turned to face him and raised an eyebrow.

“Who?” I asked.

“The humans…”

My eyes widened when I realized what he was about to tell me. Was he going to tell me the story?

“Okay. You wanted to know, and so I am going to tell you. I will only tell you once, so pay attention. And then you must never speak of this again. Understand?” he asked. He took my hand in his, clutching it. I nodded my head and motioned for him to continue. He took in a breath and began.

“I’ll start at the beginning…”

<>Nicholai’s POV<>

“Nicky, where are you?” I looked down and saw Ash and Xander standing at the bottom of the fort.

“Up here!” I yelled. At Ten years old I towered over the other boys and had just fixed the roof so it was a bit taller.

“Your father said you need to come home, now!” Ash said. I nodded my head.

“Go on, I’ll come in a minute. I just need to fix this.” They looked at each other and nodded their heads, taking off down the slight dirt path. I hammered the final nails in and smiled at the finished product.

Father had been strict about curfew lately, he was worried the Alliance was planning an attack, and that included me, the Prince.

I took off down the ladder and jumped the last few steps to the ground, but never felt the dirt beneath my feet.

Hands from all directions were grabbing me and wrapping pure silver around my hands. It didn’t burn like folklore said, but it did weaken me, especially since I was still a child, I had not matured into my final vampire stage.

I felt a bag slip over my head before I could scream and the hands dragged me away. I kicked and screamed for hours until I was finally too exhausted to move. After hours I was thrown down on the ground and the bag was ripped from my head.

“Prince Nicholai Romano…” I looked up and met the eyes of a woman I had never seen before. She looked like no one I had ever seen, human nor vampire. Her skin was so pale it was almost translucent. In the glow of the moon she looked ethereal. Her dark inky black hair hung in loose curls down her back and her violet eyes shone with a purpose. She stood, legs apart and hands on her hips.

“Finally…I have you.” She whispered. The men and women around me laughed and I saw they were all human, so she must have been too. She kicked dirt in my face and I coughed, spitting it out of my mouth.

“What do you want?” I whimpered. I wasn’t trained for this…

“What do I want? It’s not just what I want Prince. It’s what they want. What they want is revenge against you vampires. You think you can just take anything you want, any time. But you can’t. And therefore, we need to teach you a lesson.” She pulled me up and slapped me across the face. I tasted the blood in my mouth and spit it out.

“Don’t taint me with your filthy blood.” She sneered and threw me down.

“Kill me then, coward.” I said, regretting my words instantly.

“Oh, We’re not going to kill you.” She said in a baby voice.

“Then what do you want?”

“We’re going to do whatever we want until your father comes…and when he does, we’ll be ready. And then we will kill him. If you’re a good boy, then maybe we’ll keep you around.” She patted my cheek and moved passed me.

“We are finally going to free from these animals!” she yelled to the crowds. They cheered and a few men stepped forward.

“Please, let me have him first. His kind killed my family. I deserve it.” One said and another pushed him aside.

“No me first, they held me for years and fed from me. I want to teach him what it’s like to bleed.” I felt the tears spill over my face and tried to stop them. These people hated my father, and me not for what we did, we were peaceful with the humans. We never took blood unwillingly. The Rogues are who they are talking about, but they are just as much as an enemy to us as they are to them. I tried to tell them this when the woman spoke.

“Enough. You will all have your chance.” She smiled.

“Thank you Simone.” They said smiling. Simone…I would remember that name…forever.

<<3 years later>>>

I spit the out the blood in my mouth, knowing what would happen next. It was Paul, one of the men here that hated me most. I had learned vampires killed his family long ago, drained them dry. And so every afternoon he came here and kicked every part of me until every bone broke. Every hole in my body bled, including the new ones they cut into me. And then they would let me feed and I would heal…and the next day it would start all over again. For years I sat in this hut, chained down and beaten. Sometimes they would cut me deep and let my wounds fester and I was sick with fever before they fed me. I had almost died many times. I knew my father was doing his best to find me, on more than one occasion I heard the troops storm in here, but these humans weren’t ordinary humans.

I had been misled. Simone was no human… she was a witch, and she was very powerful. She wanted them to come, and when they did she killed them. I don’t know how since I have been locked in here, but from the screams of my men I knew they were being killed.

I grew angry. I hated humans. They acted out of hate towards me…and for that I hated them. Simone would come to me at night, and brush my hair back from my face when I was in my most delirious state. I would hear her whispering soothing things in my ear as she fed me blood from a bowl. She would look down at me with sincere eyes, but I knew it was a lie. But she had never laid a hand on me since that first day.

And then one day it all changed. Simone was gone and when the troops came back again, they made it through. Most humans fled, some stayed and died. But nothing could describe the feeling I felt when I felt my fathers arms around me, carrying me out of that little village.

“Your safe son.” He cried in my ear. And I nodded my head, looking down at the dead bodies of all the humans, feeling nothing but my hatred grow, for I had not been able to kill them.

And from that day forward I would always hate them…and I would always look for Simone.

<<End of Nicholai POV>>

I felt the tears on my face be wiped away. I grabbed Nicholai’s hand as he brushed the tears off my cheek. No wonder he hated us so much. How could they do that? How could they hurt an innocent boy for so long?

“I am so sorry.” I said, my voice quivering. His eyes softened and he nodded his head.

“I am sorry for not telling you. And…for treating you the way I do sometimes. I hate humans, and I probably always will. You have to understand this.” He said. I shook my head.

“Nicholai, I don’t. You can’t live your life in hate. It’s not right” I said, clutching his hands.

“It’s your turn.” He said, ignoring my plea. I sighed and looked out the small window, barely seeing the castle. He had told me his deepest darkest secret and now it was my turn…

“Alright.” I turned and faced him, taking his hands in my own.

“First you need to know that Charlie isn’t my real brother.” I said. His eyebrows furrowed and I continued. “And my mother isn’t my real mother. And my father isn’t my father. Because… my father murdered my real mother, and stole me when I was a baby.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702K 25K 74
"๐™๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™›๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™จ, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™ค๐™›...
28.6K 1K 4
"Know one thing very clearly, babe. I will never be bound to you for eternity at the cost of anything. Even my life." She was all alone in the world...
12K 411 38
Scarlett violet Morgan is just a regular normal teenage girl well that what she thinks. Scarlett is currently a full time college student. She enjoys...
1.7K 292 24
*Editing* Sophia's life had been pretty normal up until this point, Of course she's went through the normal teenage drama, her own personal problems...