The Don'ts of Wattpad

RosesGardens által

A list of writing problems common among many Wattpad writers that I have complied over a year of critiquing. Több

The Don'ts of Wattpad
Multiple Narrators/POVs
Write in ALL CAPS
Multiple Punctuation Marks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uncapitalized i's
An Author's Note on a Serious Chapter
Use Numbers Inapropriately
Lack Breaks Between Dialogues
Unidentified Thoughts
Be general with the Summary
Make Purposeless Chapters
Ask me for a critique

Prologue Synopsis

789 44 10
RosesGardens által

In my year of critiquing this is one that has always stood out, mostly because I am always reading them. Many people mistake the prologue for being the place where they summarize what is going to happen in half their story. This is wrong because the prologue is supposed to be about what happened before the story begins. This is even shown in its original Greek name "Prologos" from the two words "Pro" which means before and "Logos" which means word.

A synopsis (or summary) summarizes what is going to happen in the story and should not be in the actual book, but rather the back of a printed book cover (or inner dust jacket if it is hard cover).

People who have a synopsis for a prologue almost never need an actual prologue, so if you have done this by mistake I recommend that you rename it, repurpose it, or remove it completely.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

64.8K 1K 7
နိုရာနဲ့ပထွေးဖြစ်သူတို့ဘယ်လိုမျိုးဇာက်လမ်းဖြစ်ကြမလဲ 21+ရိုင်းပါတယ်နော် ကလေးများမဖတ်ပါနဲ့
338 63 18
𝐂𝐄𝐎 & 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 He has a past and so does she . Both are similar yet so different. One is fire other is snowball. ______________...
1.3K 108 15
The Emperor and his lover tried to trap her in their evil plans but little did they know it was not her first life... After returning to her past lif...
Trusting Him Elizabeth által

Ifjúsági irodalom

36.5K 788 22
Eva Davis is an average girl. She hasn't had the easiest life. Eva's family is falling apart the only one holding them together is her little sister...