Alpha King's Chase

By OlympicWolf

Archer is a rare female-wolf Delta Warrior and was brought to the King's 'Mating Games' against her will. Act... More

Chapter 2 ♟♟
Chapter 3 ♟♟♟
Chapter 4 ♟♟♟♟
Chapter 5 ♞
Chapter 6 ♞♟
Chapter 7 ♞♟♟
Chapter 8 ♞♟♟♟
Chapter 9 ♞♟♟♟♟
Chapter 10 ♜
Chapter 11 ♜♟
Chapter 12 ♜♟♟
Chapter 13 ♜♟♟♟
Chapter 14 ♜♟♟♟♟
Chapter 15 ♜♞

Chapter 1 ♟

16.6K 434 44
By OlympicWolf

THE MATING GAMES

Chapter 1 -- Wolf Rising

I was in the clear now, I managed to elude the perimeter guards since they didn't think any female could even get this far. Idiots! I was determined to get out of this charade, this mockery of a mating 'game'. No male was going to mate with me just because they caught me in some made-up excuse of avoiding a relationship, not offering a choice, to just take what they wanted.

Not this she-wolf. Not now, not ever. But my wolf howled inside my head to stay, refusing to shift and doing everything she could to make me stay within the boundaries of the 'playing field'. 'Knock it off!' I yelled at her.

I rested against a tree, looking at the nearby alley. I needed to focus to make sure the vacant street wasn't a trap, and I waited a few minutes to make sure I could disappear into the city. I had a map of the local bus routes and times and enough money to get to a wilderness area a few hours away. I had a plan.

My wolf was restless and arguing with my decision, she wanted to stay and play 'the game'. Well I wasn't having anything to do with it. 'Stay!' I heard from her. Stupid wolf.

'Not stupid, mate is close! Stay!' I ignored her just shaking my head. I had no mate and just wanted to go home, I just wanted to go home.

My wolf put a picture in my head of my dream last night, of a shirtless and passionate King kissing me. Hard and rough... I had seen him a few days ago in a distant training field and couldn't get the image out of my head. His muscled chest and back, training his Guard and showing them new techniques. I had just stood there and stared until another annoying Guard began yelling at me for something, they were always yelling at me.

But that chest, that back, those abs... those thighs...

'Stop it!' I shouted at my wolf, I had to think clearly now. I just felt my wolf smirking at me, she knew my weaknesses of course.

But the consequences of being caught were severe and made me pause for a few moments. Finally making up my mind I raced across the now empty 4-lane street and disappeared into this strange city, into this strange neighborhood absolutely convinced that being on the run was my new life for the foreseeable future.

Homeless and without friends here. It was a good thing I knew how to survive on the streets and in the wild, it was a good thing I was a strong wolf and a Delta Warrior and had experienced urban combat as well as 'jungle' fighting. And it was a good thing I didn't want to throw up right now- ok the last part was a lie but I ran fast anyways disappearing into the anonymity that a city could offer.

♟........♙♙♙♙♙....................♟

A short time later a huge, gruff, handsome man wearing only shorts stood by the same tree with his arms crossed looking around the edge of the city. "Did she really leave the 'games'?"

"Yes King," came a reply by a slightly smaller man dressed in fatigues looking in the same direction as the larger one. The same direction the young she-wolf had been looking. The King sniffed the air again and let out a long sigh.

Then huffing out a deep breath and running his hand through his dark brown hair, the 'King' looked at his Beta who was his second in command. "Send half the guards into the city to find her now, and send the remaining guards after the 'games' have ended later tonight."

The King added with his voice full of anger, "And lock the goddamn city down immediately! Airports, trains, highways- everything. Pull in everyone, you know the drill. And no one sleeps until we find her."

Bowing his head the Beta replied, "As you command." The Beta turned to do his King's bidding, knowing the King was going into the city unescorted. And the Beta smiled to himself, the King had finally met his match and the Beta couldn't be happier. The she-wolf was now playing an entirely different 'game' and the stakes were higher. Higher than she knew.

This was going to be so fun to watch, and the Beta vowed to help the little she-wolf give his Royal Commander a run for his money. The King needed that, and the Kingdom needed a Monarch that had a new drive and a reason for effecting the type of changes needed that were long overdue.

Oh yes, the Beta smiled knowing he would anonymously aide the little she-wolf to make the chase more rewarding. His brother was in for a fun few days, and the Prince warrior smirked to himself as he jogged away.

Maybe the King would finally wake up to the problems in his own kingdom...

♙........♟...♙♙♙♙.................♟

I woke slowly registering the sunlight rising over the treetops and hearing the loud birds with their ceaseless chatter. I started to stretch my tense and sore muscles. I laid there blushing at the dream my wolf sent me, his chest...

"Good morning," a male voice said from the floor against the wall me making me jump to my feet in a fighting stance, my hand automatically covering my racing heart. I almost peed my pants!

Holding up a hand, a mysterious and huge man was sitting in front of me cross-legged in fatigues and combat boots just studying me. "Calm yourself female, I didn't mean to frighten you." I stepped back wary of this Royal Warrior, the insignias on his uniform reflecting a high status. But his gruff demeanor seemed to calm me slightly.

My wolf seemed to be fine with this warrior male so close to her and was silent but watching.

"If you didn't mean to frighten me you wouldn't be watching me sleep asshole," I replied before I thought my response through. This man could have killed me, and could still do it. It was what I deserved from running from the Royal Games, leaving was forbidden.

Smiling a little from my outburst the man just calmly waited for me to calm down. We just watched each other, and when my breathing and heart rate returned to my new 'normal' he began speaking again.

"I am here to assist you, the King is closing in and you will need to be leaving soon."

I started choking, King? What the hell? I blinked at the man not fully registering his words.

Smiling fully now the man continued talking. "Yes the King and his wolf have chosen you, and you have been rejecting him by running away. Oh don't look so surprised, you provoked him enough these last weeks. But it's important for you to understand what's happening, we don't have much time." The strange man pulled out a pack of gum, unwrapping a piece and putting it into his mouth.

Still studying me the man started talking again. "I have a backpack here that you will need. There's a map of the city inside, and I've marked some 'safe' places for you to spend the night where the King won't find you. But you can only stay at these places for a few hours because I'm sure they will be under surveillance after you have stayed there. Do you understand so far?" He stopped and looked at me, I just shook my head 'yes', this was crazy. I didn't really understand at all.

"Good, now I've put some cash in the pack, it's not a lot but should hold you for a few weeks." Weeks? What the hell was happening here?

"You will not be able to leave the city, the Royal Guards are patrolling the borders, and all the cars leaving are being searched based on a false rumor started by the Palace of a fugitive loose in the city. Oh, you'll need to wear your hoody pulled down low. Now as I was saying stay in the city, but move around quickly and change your clothes often. Leave public transportation alone, cameras are everywhere so stay off the main roads, stick to alleys and the low traveled roads, parks and places like that. I wouldn't recommend traveling at night either, a lone female would stick out too much."

"Oh and try to lose your scent by occasionally going into busy stores and things like that, you know the tricks of urban warfare. Understand so far?" the man asked like I knew what the hell he was talking about.

Finally finding my voice I replied, "No, and I don't know who you are or why you're helping me. How do I know it's not-"

But I was cut off by the stranger, "A trick? You don't, but you will be caught in about thirty minutes if you don't follow my directions. Who I am isn't important and I've put a phone number on the map, but you can only call if there is no other alternative. Do you want to be caught? Do you want your choice stripped from you? Then follow these directions and the others that are in this backpack and get the hell out of here now."

The man stood up slowly, the low roof making him stoop over as he held out the black backpack. "I would advise running instead of walking, and start using your brain instead of just blindly being stupid." I frowned at the insult, but took the backpack.

I lifted my chin and told the Commander, "You're right about wanting a choice, my choice."

He only nodded agreeing with me and pointing out the small doorway. I studied the man for a moment before turning to leave.

"Good luck to you, me and my friends will do all we can to assist but you'll have to be inventive and unpredictable to outsmart the King and his Guards." I nodded and climbed down the ladder to the remote treehouse I had been fortunate to find and sleep in. At the bottom I looked around the large, overgrown backyard, pulled the hoodie low over my face then ran and scampered over a far fence.

The man stood up and reached behind him to get a spray bottle and started to spray the child's treehouse with bleach to temporarily kill the odor. He knew he wouldn't be able to fool the King for long, but he hoped this would buy the female some time. And he smiled at this new game, this game would be good for the both of them, for all of them.

For the Kingdom. Even if it was technically treason.

♙........♟♙♙♙♙.................♟

"Report!" I shouted out the tiny door I barely fit through.

"King, there is a faint scent by the west fence and we've dispatched a team to go in that direction," a voice replied from the ground. I stood unmoving and deep in thought. Something didn't add up and I was baffled, I should have captured the she-wolf by now and didn't understand how she had eluded me for this long.

I folded my arms standing stooped over in that small, cramped, wooden room looking at the children's furniture. I couldn't quite smell her, but at the same time a bit of her scent lingered just under the bleach- my wolf was sure of it. There was also another scent I couldn't quite identify which bothered my wolf, but I ignored that for now. Mint maybe?

I'd have to sleep soon, I was exhausted and slowly climbed down the child's ladder a little surprised it didn't collapse under me.

When I was on the ground I closed my eyes and tried to smell her scent, my wolf growling with annoyance. I let myself remember the night before the 'Royal Games' when I had encountered her on the roof of the Palace. I had left the party and went in search of solitude, and found myself following a familiar female scent that led out an open window.

My wolf urged me forward to find... her. He wanted her, and only tolerated all the other women- hating them actually.

I had never encountered such a strange female and followed her delicious scent as it led to an outside staircase to the roof. After I climbed over the final step on the roof, I saw the she-wolf sitting a few feet away looking at the stars, she seemed sad as I approached her inhaling her fragrance deeply. She looked so wonderful wearing only jeans and a light colored t-shirt, very casual but it suited her.

"Hello," I said startling her as she spun on her knees to look at the 'intruder'. Chuckling to myself I asked, "Needing to be alone for a while?"

The she-wolf slowly got to her feet and I knew she was looking at her King who was wearing a tux with his bow tie hanging loose. "Yes Your Highness," she replied while bowing her head. I walked to her and put a finger under her chin and lifted her face up so she looked at me. I became lost in her crystal blue eyes and started to lower my head toward her lips.

'Kiss her, mate her, she's ours!' my wolf yelled at me, insisting that I touch her, claim her.

The she-wolf opened her eyes wide and took a step back, so I let my hand drop feeling annoyed. I was never rejected after all, and my wolf howled to her wolf- who answered back. So I knew she was struggling the same way, trying to ignore her wolf who wanted mine. Lifting her chin the she-wolf met my eyes in a challenging way which surprised me. She wasn't afraid and she didn't respond in the normal way that females usually did. I was intrigued and tilted my head.

"If you'll excuse me I need to return or my friends will worry," she said to me as she took another step back to start to go around me. I noticed her clenched fists.

"Stay," I said and reached out to hold her arm. My wolf urged her wolf to stay which angered the female even more.

She merely took another step back evading my hand and said with a little anger in her voice, "No thank you Your Highness."

I continued to look down at the little she-wolf, "Have we met, female?"

"No," is all she said as she made to move around him.

"Why are you so angry? All the other she-wolves are dancing and enjoying themselves downstairs."

Looking at the King the woman closed her hands into fists. "It is of no consequence, my King," she replied and took a step toward the stairs.

I took another step backwards, moving with her and deliberately blocking her escape, "What is your name?" I commanded.

A little shocked at the 'Alpha' tone the woman stopped suddenly and replied, "Archer Moore, Highness." The she-wolf took another step to move around me and I simply matched her step, blocking her retreat. The woman just blew the bangs off her face in frustration looking off to the side.

"You haven't answered my question."

Archer looked directly in my eyes with an angry expression, and I reacted by raising my eyebrows- it was so cute. "You don't want to know, my King." And she slowly took another step to go around me, and I retreated another step as well.

"Answer my question."

The woman put her hands on her hips in annoyance, deciding whether to answer honestly or not. I noticed her cheek twitched slightly, interesting.

"Your Highness, these Games are a farce, you've stripped all choice from us. From me," she bit out trying to control herself.

"So you're not a fan I take it?" I couldn't help but needle her. Most females looked forward to being selected, most females were in the ballroom flirting and making their choices known. Females certainly had a choice, that was the point of the days leading up to the actual 'Games'. Which is why I escaped it as well. I felt my wolf responding to the woman in front of us, he was becoming restless- and louder.

'Mate,' is all he said to me forcefully as I stood there slightly shocked, he was filling me with this unusual possessiveness and strong lust for the female in front of us. My body responded in a 'big' way, my wolf had never said that to me before. But we felt the female's wolf respond in kind.

This wasn't the first time I had seen this woman, or the second time. Or third. I had been watching her. From windows, from doorways, from the tree line almost stalking her. I was strangely obsessed with this she-wolf. I watched from every vantage point these past few days as all the female wolves assembled. Only the strongest were invited, only the smartest could compete for the high ranking Guard members.

And she refused to participate, earning 'punishments' from the Guards watching her during the trainings where the females were evaluated. At first she merely laughed but the Guards threatened to tell her father and she reluctantly relented, throwing curses a sailor would blush at.

I read the reports on her, how she refuse to come to the 'Games' and had to be dragged there by force by a group of my Royal Guard. Arguing with her father and alienating her pack, but she wouldn't give in.

When she relented a few times to participate in a competition, she won the few challenges she reluctantly joined in- including a swordplay solo demonstration and archery- but she refused to cooperate where she would injure others. She had been vocal about it as the other astonished wolves watched her, shaking their heads and not understanding her.

But she was a wolf of principle, a diamond among them.

As a consequence many wolves simply avoided her, but she didn't seem to mind it. Many females had been taken to the infirmary with injuries during the challenges, but that was the only way the participants could be correctly evaluated. Plus wolves healed quickly.

Refusing many of the basic challenges deeming them unnecessary and irrelevant. She had been made to do pushups, she had been running punishing laps and brutal hikes long after the others ended their training. She eventually accepted the punishments without uttering a word, but her eyes sparked fire. Her eyes spoke her silent words for her. Her eyes were independent and full of an inner intensity I had rarely seen.

I was drawn to her, my wolf insisted on it and was becoming louder and harder to control during our runs in 'wolf' form. My wolf had now chosen her, but we both had to choose, we both had to agree.

Being in the Games was an honor, and this female was rejecting the entire thing. I had never heard of such behavior, but my wolf loved the challenge. It was irresistible and strangely delicious. We were fascinated which would have only angered the she-wolf if she knew.

I found myself choosing this spitfire, this angry woman standing in front of me. I could see her round with my pups, standing beside me listening to the difficult decisions I had to make. And honestly giving me her opinion, she would hold nothing back. I knew who she was, I read her file. Archer, her name was Archer and she was the youngest daughter of the Alpha of the Shoalwater pack in the Olympic Peninsula. She had been fully trained in survival tactics, she was no helpless female.

I could imagine her passion in bed, I could see her naked and writhing under me with her hair fanned out from early morning sex, cheeks pink and her eyes holding that fire. But her fire would be for the pleasure we would share. Shouting my name, crying from the delightful climaxes I could give her. And I could see her on her knees in front of me giving me pleasure in return and making my legs weak. I could see it all as my cock grew harder and I shifted slightly to release some of my discomfort in my pants.

And Archer was strong. Smart. Independent. Fierce and loyal by everyone's accounts. Brave in defending a child once against a large bear, she saved the child but was severely injured in the process- leaving three long claw scars on her back according to her medical records. Yet she refused to speak of the attack to anyone, and the little girl remained strangely silent- even when ordered to speak.

And she had never shirked her duty in pack patrols, attacking outsiders when needed. Dispensing justice when needed. I knew who she was, I definitely knew and I stood there looking at her and decided that I would choose her the next day in the 'games'.

My wolf had already chosen her to be my Queen.

My mother would be ecstatic.

And coming back to my current surroundings the smart she-wolf had somehow outsmarted me and my trackers- again. I didn't understand how this was possible, but turned toward my current Guard Sergeant and walked to the fence sniffing the area. I vaulted over the fence and continued my pursuit, more determined than ever.

I would sleep later. And I would solve the puzzle that was Archer Moore. 

 The 'games' are worldwide- with some mature scenes and more action in foreign lands. This story is about resigning yourself to your fate with all the people and signs pointing you towards one... goal.

One person.

A person you're not ready for. And events beyond your control, again with 'fate' intervening.

Let me know what you think about how it's starting out so far.  For this story I decided that the 'mate' bond would be initiated by the wolves themselves, and how their 'humans' come to terms with it.  And learn to believe that love is possible. And Inevitable.

Please vote if you enjoyed the chapter. And the music video above is 'Chumbawamba - Tubthumping'. I'm not sure which is the group name and which is the song name- but it's a great song!

Thanks! -Olympic Wolf

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8M 548K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
2.4M 56.9K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
189K 7.4K 42
"So you're a virgin, then." He says it so blatantly it rattles me to the core. "No! I mean, would it matter if I were?" "I suppose not," he muses, hi...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...