Don't Let Me Go (Harry Styles...

By Mississippi_1D

Scarlett Ashley Smith is your typical teenager with her best friend, Eleanor Calder. They’re first year of UN... More

1. Beginnings
2. Sexiest Man In Rome
3. I'm Always Running Into You
4. I'm Glad My Misfortunes Amuse You
5. That Was Cute
7. Distraction
8. Goodnight, Scar
9. May I Have This Dance?
10. Hot Damn
11. Because I Have You
12. Don't Care
13. Hopefully With You
14. You Party Birds
15. Our Secret Palace
16. Sorry
17. I'm Torn
18. Who Is This?

6. He left

365 16 2
By Mississippi_1D

*Scarlett’s birthday a week later*

Harry had taken me out for ice cream on my birthday. I’m wearing a floral sundress that sways when I walk with sandals on my feet. I was happy with our small date, I never enjoyed celebrating my birthdays. I liked the small gestures because as long as I was with Harry I was fine. We’re walking hand in hand from the car returning to the house after our ice cream adventure and Harry couldn’t keep the smile off his face. I almost ask him but he opens the door to the dark house which confuses me because Lou and El were here or supposed to be at least.

Oh yea? I forgot to mention that Louis proposed to Eleanor when we were on a double date. It was quite romantic; we were set at an Italian restaurant with each table lit with candles. Harry held my hand when Louis got up and stood in front of El dropping to one knee. Before saying yes Eleanor turned her head to me asking for approval because that’s how we were. We didn’t make any life changing decisions without the other’s approval. I laugh and nodded. Louis slide the ring onto her finger and they both shot up enveloping each other in a loving hug. I lean into Harry’s side giving him a sweet kiss. That was two nights ago and the wedding is at the end of July. We’re making it small just her parents are coming along with a couple friends from UNI, two friends we’ve made here, and my parents are flying in from Australia which will be the first time I’ve seen them in a while.

Harry pulls me around the corner to the living room where my heart hits the floor.

“SURPRISE!” They yell. Louis, Eleanor, Charlie and Susan (a couple we met on the beach that we’ve become close with), Mandy and Rachel (friends from UNI) and Stan (Louis best mate from home) all stood in the living room. I jumped behind Harry once they yelled but now I’m laughing as I run over to hug Mandy and Rachel first before hugging everyone else.

“You didn’t have to do this!” I tell them as Harry brings out a beautiful cake. He pecks my lips as he begins to sing.

Happy birthday to you and everyone joins him

Happy birthday, Scarlett, some sing,

Letty, Eleanor sings,

WIFEY, Louis shouts,

baby, Harry’s deep husky voice sings into my ear.

Happy birthday to you!

“Make a wish sweetheart.” Harry kisses my shoulder and I made a wish although everything in my life is perfect the way it is.

I wish things would stay exactly how they are. I think before blowing all 21 candles out.

“Yay!” We can go to the states and legally drink!” Mandy claps her hand.

“Except no one has been there and we could legally drink here anyways!” I say sarcastically causing everyone to laugh. I’m quite known for my witty responses.

"Harry.. This is perfect." I smile up at him.

"I know we've only known each other for two weeks but.. Will you be mine?" He asks nervously.

I chuckle at him. "Yes." I was his the moment he first asked me out.

He smiles widely pleased with my answer giving me a quick kiss and taping on his glass getting everyone's attention.

"I met Scarlett two weeks ago and honestly they have been the best weeks of my life and hopefully we'll have plenty more of them." Harry sends me a wink. "Let’s eat cake!" He grins cheekily. He cuts me a big slice of cake and two scoops of ice cream knowing I love food. He also cuts everyone else pieces being the gentlemen he is.

I catch up with Mandy and Rachel although it’s only been three weeks since seeing them. I talk to Stan for a little while. Louis once said that Stan had a thing for me so I always tried to distance myself because he was just a friend to me. I talked to Charlie and Susan and how they told me they were expecting a baby soon. I was thrilled for them in the short time I’ve known them I know they’ll be wonderful parents.

I haven’t seen Harry since we ate cake nor have I seen Louis. Eleanor is talking with Rachel and everyone else is preoccupied so I wander into the kitchen for some chips they had set out.

Right when I’m about to enter I hear Harry and Louis talking both sounding angry.

“Please, I have to tell her.” Harry pleads.

“No! You can’t! It’ll ruin her.” Louis shouts.

“I know.” Harry whispers.

“Look, I know it’s hard. I wish I never told Eleanor because I see how it affects her every day. Just maybe give it some more time.” Louis says softer. Told Eleanor what? He’s not cheating is he and what does Harry have to do with it?

“There may not be much more time.” Harry sighs frustrated. “I have to tell her.”

Alright I had enough; I walk into the kitchen causing both heads to snap up. I casually walk to the chips and rotel dip. “Tell me what?” I look to Harry.

“Uhh, nothing.” He looks to the ground and I turn to Louis.

“Tell me what Lou?” He looks down as well. I scoff picking up both bowls and walking upstairs to my room upset. I walk out to my balcony enjoying the beautiful sight and delicious chips. About an hour later I hear my door open and Harry sits in the chair next to mine. He doesn’t say anything just stays quiet. I look over to him and he’s looking at the view face contorted as if he’s trying to come up with something.

“Scarlett, I-“ He starts but I cut him off.

“You don’t have to tell me.” I say quietly setting the bowls on the ground and bringing my knees up to my chest and resting my head on them.

“I want to. I just can’t.” He leans forward placing his head in his hands.

“I understand. Sort of.” I let out a short laugh.

He turns his head towards me sadly.

“There isn’t another girl is there?” I ask quietly studying his face as it drops and he reaches out to hold my hand.

“There is and never will be another girl, Scar.” He says reassuringly.

I nod and put my chin back on my knee as he rubs his thumb across the back of my hand. We sit like that for a few more minutes before I speak up hating the silence.

“What’s your biggest fear?” I ask him.

He furrows his eyebrows thinking. “Losing someone close to me due to something I did.” He looks down this time it’s me furrowing my eyebrows. Why would he lose something because of something he did. I don’t question him because I trust him. I think maybe that’s my problem, I trust too easily not pushing someone into telling me a secret because it’s their secret and they’ll tell me. Does that make me naïve? Maybe.

“What’s yours?”

“I worry about the future.” I say simply.

“Why?” He asks curiously.

“Because I don’t know what the future holds. What happens when I become a nurse? Where do I live? Do I go back home or do I stay in Manchester? What about Eleanor and Louis? We haven’t been apart for longer than a week since we were born, literally.” I shrug my shoulders. “I just don’t want to make a wrong move now that will affect my future.”

“I know what you mean.” He opens his arms gesturing me to crawl into them which I do. I rest my head in the crook of his neck draping my legs across the arm rest. We look up at the stars admiring them before I see a shooting star.

“Quick! Make a wish!” I close my eyes and make my wish.

Harry chuckles but whispers in my ear, “I already have my wish.”

I look up at him smiling. “Me too.” I kiss his lips sweetly and return to my original position.

“What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?” He asks me.

“Hmm.. When I’m in school, I like to take the day off and relax. Normally I find a bike trail and I ride my bike exploring new trails.” I smile. “You?”

“I don’t really know. I normally have to work on Saturdays but last Saturday was my favorite.” He says looking down at me.

“It was my favorite too.” I whisper looking into his sparkling green eyes that I’ve fallen in love with. Is it too soon? Maybe but I don’t care.

He leans down and pecks my lips once more and hugs me tighter to him. I rest my hands on his chest and slowly drift to sleep unknowingly.

I feel myself being lifted up but I don’t awake but once I’m being laid on my bed and his arms leaving me I reach out in my half slumber.

“Stay.” I plead with my eyes still closed.

I hear him chuckle but lay beside me allowing me to curl into his side not knowing what he’s thinking about. He’s worried about losing someone because of what he did. What does he do? Don’t travel agents, travel? And what is this secret that Harry has? There’s no other woman which I’m glad for. Louis has a secret that he’s told Eleanor which leaves her in danger. What could this secret be?

I hear a high pitched cackle and I look to my right to see Eleanor glaring down at me.

“El?”

“You honestly thought you’re my friend, Scar?” She laughs evilly. This is not my Ellie. Her eyes are darker than I’ve ever seen she looks possessed.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“Friends don’t keep secrets from each other do they?” She laughs and opens the door and Harry and Louis come into the room.

“Yeah, Scar.” I hear Harry says before laughing and pointing at me. Soon they’re all laughing at me and Eleanor comes and slaps my cheek.

I jolt up out of sleep and I look around hoping to find Harry which I don’t. I walk to the bathroom and wash my face being as that nightmare caused me to get all sweaty. I sigh before walking downstairs to get some water before returning back to my room closing my door. Where’s Harry and why did he leave?

I return to bed climbing in and falling back asleep this time with no bad dreams.

When I awake the next morning I go downstairs to see Eleanor crying.

“El? What’s wrong?” I take her in my arms and she cries into my neck.

“Shh.. it’s okay love. I’m right here.”

“Louis had to leave for a couple of weeks and I have to plan this wedding without him. He said he’d be back a week before the wedding though.” She sniffles.

“You have me.” I smile at her. She nods slightly before narrowing her eyes at me.

“You have makeup all down your face. You never forget to wash your makeup off before bed and your eyes tell me you’ve been crying.” She says skeptically. She’s a very good observer.

“I fell asleep talking to Harry last night and I had a nightmare last night. No big deal.” I shrug my shoulder walking to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

“Okay. If you’re sure.” She sits down flipping through the magazine.

We talk wedding details for a couple of hours writing out everything she wants for the wedding. Luckily Eleanor and I have both planned out our weddings when were 13 so now we just have to make sure we have everything.

“We’ll go dress shopping later this week.”

“And cake testing.” I say brightly excited. Free cake? Hell yes.

“Same old Scar.” She laughs. We call to make an appointment and decide to go get our hair done.

I decide on cutting about a foot off my hair. My hair was down to my bum but now it’s to the middle of my back and it looks healthier. We then go to get manis and pedis before returning home.

***

The next four weeks are slow because Harry hasn’t texted nor called. Did I do something? Louis calls Eleanor almost every night and she excitedly tells him what all she’s done that day. He apologized for having to stay longer than he thought which she was okay with. We’ve gotten the dresses and Mandy and Rachel came down to get fitted. The wedding is in two weeks, I hope Harry is back so he can be my date but I doubt he wants anything to do with me since I haven’t heard from him since my birthday.

“Heard anything yet?” Eleanor asks me and I shake my head sadly.

“He said he never got close to people because his job always uprooted him but what does a travel agent do?”

Eleanor shrugs her shoulders hugging me but not saying anything. I fell hard for Harry. He said he’d catch me when I fell and he didn’t. He left. 

A/N

I really didn't plan on both updates having to do with a birthday. It just sort of happened. 

Please comment your theories if you have any! I would love to know what you're thinking :)

And don't forget to vote! 

Much love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 29 11
Being a celebrity isn't everything. When 18 year old Olivia May, the most popular female superstar, comes back home to London, she realises things ha...
196K 7.1K 12
Harry had been hopelessly in love with his straight friend Louis for a very long time. Louis with his perfect girlfriend and perfect life. They met i...
1.3K 16 17
[[Complete]] Louis Tomlinson was a part of the most famous boyband, One Direction. Eleanor Calder was kind of a fan. One day, through mutual friends...
14M 80.9K 48
Scarlett ends up in a situation, miles away from home with Louis Tomlinson. However, she doesn't even know who he is. But there's more to the story t...