Like Me Or Not

By onedirectionshinee

Charlie Rose Evanders is the average 16 year old high school student. She loves sport, music, sleeping and T... More

The Concert

Like Me Or Not

151 0 0
By onedirectionshinee

Hey anyone who is reading this, I just wanted to let y'all know that this first part is just an intro and nothing exciting is happening YET.  'Yet' being the key word in that sentence.  please let me know what you think and comment any ideas for the story, also, this is my first fan fic, so no hate please.

Like Me Or Not is about a 16 year old girl named Charlie Rose Evanders.  She lives in a town about two hours away from Melbourne, Australia, and she has a little sister, Tess, who is 13 years old.  Charlie is an ordinary girl, an on and off fan of One Direction, but a 24/7 fan of a KPop group named SHINee.  Just to let you know, her favourite member is Minho.  Also, I am trying to make this fan fic as close to real life as it can get.  I mean, a realistic mum and dad who are quite strict, and a girl who doesn't live in an apartment in the city.  Uh...  yeah....  Anyway, there isn't much 1D action in this first chappie, but i'll try to update at least twice a week and there will be super soon! 

Luv you all! xx

 BTW that's SHINee on the side ---->>>>>>>>  Minho's the one with the hat on

Here we go:

CHARLIE'S POV

“Yeah, but Minho is waaay cuter than Jonghyun!” I told my best friend, Alessandra Walters, (Ali for short) as we made our way home from the tennis match we had just utterly failed in. 

We were fighting about my favourite band, SHINee.  A Korean boy band I was obsessed with.  You see, Ali didn’t agree with my liking of KPop, she says I should be concentrating on listening to English music, seeing as I live in Australia, but I think the opposite.  Because I live in Australia, I reckon I should DEFINITELY listen to music in another language.  Don’t ask me for a reason why, because I have none whatsoever.  By the way, my name is Charlie Rose Evanders.  I’m 16 and I have a younger sister named Tess, who is thirteen years of age. 

Anyway, so we were fighting over our favourite members of the band, when two tall boys walked past us, the shorter one letting out a loud laugh as they walked past.  I knew at once who they were, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction, but I couldn’t think about it because Ali, being Ali, decided to copy the guffaw, except louder. 

I grabbed her arm and hissed, “Ali!  They could easily bash you up!”  (Ha ha notice I only said they could bash her up?)

“Yeah we could, but we won’t,” said Louis’ familiar voice. 

I turned around slowly.  “Ehum…  Sorry about Ali, she’s a little uh…  Out there?” I apologized quickly and spun back around. 

“Yeah I’m totally out there!  And Jonghyun is cuter,” Ali said to me. 

“Right okay, who’s Jonghyun?” asked Niall.  Yes I admit, I have read maybe more than one fanfic and maybeee joined the Directioner community on Google + which yes, I do actually have!  Alright, alright…  I was a half-Directioner.  I’ve watched most of the video diaries, and once I had 5 photos of them on my iPod, but that was like TOTALLY 3 years ago!  But I did know their names…  And ages maybe…

“How did you hear that?”  Ali asked.

“Well you were kinda shouting it,” Louis said with a smile.

“Ah, you tell her, she never listens to me!” I said.  “And Jonghyun is a member of a KPop band.  Named SHINee.  Double ‘e’ before you ask.”

“You like KPop?” Niall asked.

I felt like rolling my eyes and saying, ‘Well no poo Sherlock,’ but I decided not to because Sherlock was the name of one of SHINee’s songs, and I’d probably start dancing and embarrass myself.  Wait, why were One Direction even here?  We were like two WHOLE hours away from Melbourne, which is where they were supposed to be…  Don’t ask me HOW I know that…  Just don’t, please.

“Yes I do,” I said slowly, suddenly aware I was talking to two of the most famous boys in the world.  “She doesn’t though,” I said, tilting my head towards Ali, who’d suddenly realised who she was talking to and had frozen. 

“Right okay, come on Niall, let’s go,” Louis said. 

“Just wait!  What is your name?” Niall asked, smiling at me.

“Charlie.  Charlie Evanders,” I told him, returning the smile.

“Charlie.  That’s a nice name.  We’ll know who to call if we need help!” he joked.

I grinned.  “Thanks.”

“No problem, see you!” he called.

“Bye,” I replied, turning around and running to catch up with Ali, who had decided to rudely walk away.

“Wasn’t that great?!” I cried.

Ali looked at me like, ‘What the hell is wrong with you?’

“I take that as a no,” I said, pressing the button as we reached the lights.

“What the hell Charlie?” screamed my younger sister Tess as I flicked the TV channel over to SBS PopAsia.

It was Saturday evening, and MY time for watching my favourite show, but of course Tess wanted to watch Bridge to Terabithia for the 1000th time!  We were fighting, well SHE was anyway.

“My time, my show,” I told her, relaxing into the couch.

“Yeah well it’s my time too!  And I don’t want to be scarred for life after watching a music video,” she argued.

“Well move your butt and go somewhere else,” I told her, stealing a cushion and setting it behind my head comfortably.

“No way!”

Geez little sisters ARE annoying.

“Charlie, put Josh Hutcherson back on,” mother interrupted.

I groaned and flicked it back.  “How many times mum?  It’s BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA!” I said angrily, jumping up and moving into the study.   

I clicked on the twitter icon, deciding to FINALLY create a twitter account. 

I constantly swore to myself, trying to get my head around it,  especially when a crazy unicorn popped up in my ‘Followers’ box.  Wait no, I HAVE 1 FOLLOWER!  YEAAAHHHH! 

After about ten minutes, I found out my 1 follower was @NiallOfficial.  To tell you the truth, I really have no idea who that is…  Wait.  Okay, no screaming please.  Niall Horan is following me on twitter, AND I DIDN’T HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM FIRST!

Wow.  Okay. 

“Charlie, how long have you been on the computer?” mother asked in her annoying, ‘I’m pretending to be nice’ voice.

“About two minutes,” I told her.

“No, more like 30.  Now get off or no TV for the rest of the night,” she replied, turning back to her crossword.

I clicked on Niall’s profile quickly and saw it long enough to read a tweet:

Haha bus broke down, not in Melbourne yet.  Luv all the locals, keep being shiny!  @Louis_Tomlinson see what I did there?  #kpop

I sat, staring at the screen for about half a minute before mother screamed at me to get off the computer again. 

I logged off and stood up, making my way over to watch, ugh, Bridge to Terabithia.

“Hey Charlie, why do you listen to One Direction?” Tess asked me randomly in an ad break.

“Hey Tess, why do you live?’ I replied. 

“Because-“

“RETHORICAL question!” I cried.

Tess always replies to rhetorical questions.  I mean, WHO DOES THAT?  Besides her of course…

“Why do you?” she asked again.

“Because I like their music.  Is that a crime?” I asked.  “Rhetorical question,’ I added.

“Yeah, right!  That’s totally why you have a poster in your room,” Tess replied.

“So?  I like their music, so I have a poster in my room.  I could just say the same about you and Little Mix,” I told her.

“Yeah well Little Mix aren’t a boy band!” argued Tess.

“That’s enough girls,” mother interrupted.

I sighed and took out my phone, texting Ali:

Ali!  I got twitter.  Follow me!

I attached my twitter name and waited for her response.

Haha lol you have 2 followers!  Who else is following u?

I don’t know. 

Well look it up dummy.  Don’t you have the app?

There’s an app?  Wow…  I’m dumber than I thought.  With the app, mother won’t know I’m on twitter!  Yess! 

Charlie:  1

Mother:  0

I quickly downloaded it and logged in, finally getting the hang of it.

Ali had tweeted:

Yay!  Go @Charlie_to_the_Evanders!  U finally got an account!  Luv ya! Xx

(not a real twitter name btw)

Now, that’s enough about Ali, what happened next was amazing!  Louis tweeted me!  (sort of…  not really)

He tweeted:

Lol @NiallOfficial I wish we could meet the ‘jonghyun’ girl again.  We’ll have to go all ‘Sherlock’…

I was screaming inside, so I retweeted Niall’s earlier tweet and Louis’ present tweet. 

With that, the movie finished and I was ordered to go to bed like I was a little kid.  Which I practically still am…

The next morning I woke up feeling glad it was Sunday and I didn’t have to go to school.  Don’t get me wrong, I like school, but not the girls who go there.  You know, not mentioning any names…

*cough* Wendy* cough*

Anyways, so I woke up and straight away noticed a notification from Twitter.

@NiallOfficial:  bus still down.  Might be another day til we’re moving, concerts have been postponed L how about a nice day out in the country lads?

I frowned and smiled at the same time.  I smowned.  I frowned because some of my friends were going to the concert, and I smiled because Wendy was going, which sounds evil, but she totally deserves it!

Okay so after my daily coffee shot, I stepped outside for a walk. 

I was just wandering along, wandering because I didn’t know where I was going, when I spotted two familiar figures at the footy oval, kicking a soccer ball around. 

I wandered over, and sure enough, Niall turned around and waved at me to come over. 

I pretended I didn’t see him and kept walking, until I got to Paris where I met a guy named Simon and we got married and lived happily ever after. 

Nah just kidding, I actually looked behind me because I didn’t think he was talking to me, and when I turned back, he was literally about 5 metres away from me.

“Woah I didn’t see you there!” I cried.

Niall laughed, cos I am totally hilarious of course…

“It’s nice to see you again!  Maybe this time we can have a proper conversation,” he said.

I almost frowned.  What wasn’t proper about the conversation we had yesterday? 

“Ha ha yeah,” I said as Harry Styles walked over.  Wow I think I must be dreaming.

“Hello love,” he said.

I smiled.  “Hi.  I’m Charlie,” I said.

“I’m Harry,” he replied with a smile.

Yeah, like I didn’t know.

“Yeah, hey Charlie, you have twitter right?” Niall asked.

“Uh yeah since yesterday, why?” I asked.

“Oh right, cause I’m following someone called @Charlie_to_the_Evanders, and I didn’t know if it was you or not,” he said.

“Yeah that’s me.  It wouldn’t accept just plain Charlie Evanders so I had to make up a stupid name.  Sorry I’m waffling, I had coffee this morning and it’s just kicking in right now,” I said with a small smile.

Harry laughed.  “Woop! That reminds me of Louis, sorry,” he said awkwardly.

Suddenly I heard a familiar, annoying, voice. 

“Okay boys!  We can get to the Granny this year!” shouted Finn Daniels to his footy team.

I swore to myself. 

“Hurry!  Get out of here!” I cried, pulling Niall and Harry over to the playground next to the oval.

“Why?  What’s happening?” Niall asked as I sat on the slide.

“Finn Daniels and his team are having footy practice.  Finn is a freak at footy, and being annoying.  If he saw me here with you, I’d be dead at school,” I explained.

“I bet Louis is better than him,” Harry scoffed.

I laughed.  “Aussie rules.  Not soccer.”

“Riiighht,” said Niall as though he understood.

“Ha!  Niall as if you understand,” Harry remarked, just as I was thinking that.

I glanced over to the football team who were belting the footballs way further than any normal person should be able to.  Finn looked over and caught my eye for a second, but I was too far away for him to recognise me.  I hope…

“Anyway, so how old are you?” Niall asked, quickly changing the subject.

“I just turned 16 a week ago actually,” I replied.

“Oh!  Happy Birthday!” said Harry.

“Thanks,” I replied, glancing over to where Finn and his mates were taking a drink break. 

“Is he really that bad?” Niall asked, following my glare.

“Worse,” I told him.

“You wouldn’t believe the things he says to me and my friends,” I added.

“I can imagine,” said Harry as we heard Finn shouting at one of the other boys.

“Ha ha yeah so what are you up to today?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Uh we have to go on a radio show actually, apparently it’s pretty big,” Niall told me.

I was surprised.  “Oh!  Well I’ll have to listen!”

“Yeah.  You have to,” Harry said menacingly.

“Oh that was a LITTLE creepy,” I told him.

He laughed.  “Yeah, it was meant to be.”

“Hey can you show us around?” Niall asked.

I glanced at the time.  I’d been gone for twenty minutes.

“Yeah sure.  Where’d you wanna go first?” I asked.

“Where do you go to school?” Niall asked.

“It’s too far away to visit, but there’s a school fete going on at my Primary School if you want to visit,” I suggested.

“Yeah sounds good,” Harry agreed.

We began walking, sort of quickly. 

“So you’re on tour right?” I asked.

“Yeah we are actually.  Well, we’re supposed to be in Melbourne at the moment, so things are a bit stressy on the bus.  Me and Haz decided to go get some air,” Niall said.

“Stressy?  Is that even a word?” I asked.

“Yes!” Niall replied.

“Yeah since now,” Harry scoffed.

“No, since always,” Niall corrected.

I chuckled.  “I’m going to use that now,” I told them.

“Yeah, it’s a great word,” Niall agreed.

“Hey, I don’t want to sound like a crazy fan or anything, but can I ask you a question?” I asked.

“Ask away,” said Harry warily.

“Don’t worry; I’m not a rude person.  I just wanted to know, do you reckon you’ve changed, like after the fame and stuff?” I asked.

“Ha well Niall hasn’t.  He’s still as immature as ever,” Harry said.

I laughed.  “Really?  I can’t believe that,” I said as Niall scowled at us.

“No.  Actually, in all seriousness, we haven’t REALLY changed.  I mean, in some ways, but we’re still… kids if you get what I’m saying,” interrupted Harry.

I nodded.  “Yeah I understand, is it hard?  Being famous and like, not being able to go anywhere without a bodyguard?” I asked.

“Well, I don’t see any bodyguard around here,” Harry said.

I smiled.  “Yeah, well besides now.”

“It’s hard sometimes, like when we just want to be alone, but it’s alright,” Niall told me.

“Yeah, here we are.  You don’t have sunnies do you?  If people see you, it’ll be like ‘AHHHH’ and girls everywhere,” I said.

They took out their sunnies and slid them on.

“Yeah okay, it didn’t really help but you know, what can I do?” I asked, entering the school.

By the way, whenever I say 'footy' or 'football' I mean AFL which is Aussie rules, and if I say 'soccer' I mean soccer.  If you don't know what Aussie rules is, I suggest you look it up, but I won't mention it that much.  xx :)

Continue Reading