Nothing to Gain (Watty Awards...

By Morterra

Primula is tormented by her family and pack members every day. From the day she was born they beat and tortur... More

Description
Chapter One: Why Couldn't I Have That
Chapter Two: Shadows
Chapter Three: He is Coming Back
Chapter Four: Rejection
Chapter Five: Unknown Anger
Chapter Six: His Mate
Chapter Seven: Evil Within
Chapter Eight: Lullaby
Chapter Nine: The Real Evil
Chapter Ten: Blood and Guts
Chapter Eleven: If Sorry Could Fix Everything
Chapter Twelve: Descend into Madness
Chapter Thirteen: Victims of Circumstances
Chapter Fourteen:The Mother Ship
Chapter Sixteen: The Neutral Zone
Chapter Seventeen: The Gathering of Gargoyles
Chapter Eighteen: Strange
Chapter Nineteen: Part One - Operation: Mass Migration
Chapter Nineteen: Part Two - Operation: Mass Migration
Chapter Twenty: Being Watched
Chapter Twenty One: Emotions Running High!
Author Notes: Very Important - Benefits you!
Chapter Twenty Two - Part One: Legend of Dahaka
Chapter Twenty Two - Part Two: Rescue Mission
Chapter Twenty Three: Awakening of the Alpha
Chapter Twenty Four: The Nymphs and their Satyr
Chapter Twenty Five: A Vicious Cycle
Chapter Twenty Six Part One: The Calm
Chapter Twenty Six - Part Two: Lament of a Vampire
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Shadows Plan and the Gods Solution
Chapter Twenty Eight: Why He Must Die
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Truth
Chapter Thirty: The Broken, Innocent and Guilty.
Epilogue: Promise of Happiness

Chapter fifteen: Entrance to the Neutral Zone

20K 645 107
By Morterra

Hi everyone, chapter fourteen part two turned out to be really long so I changed it to fifteen, sixteen and seven instead of fourteen part two. Sorry for not updating sooner and to show how sorry I am, I will post sixteen and seventeen fast. These couple of chapters was very difficult to write because I needed to do research and I couldn’t just say what happened, I had to show the process-and it was a pain. Well enjoyed.

Lia.

***

Primula POV

***

Eyes closed, head resting on black leather car seat, I tried to calm myself by pretending that I wasn’t in a limo with six werewolves I wanted to rip to shreds. I could feel the nervousness coming from them and it help to ease my boiling rage. I could hear them shifting in their seats gazes locked on my face but I didn’t move.

I sighed wondering how the heck I got myself in this situation. It was all that guy, Arion’s fault. He was the seventh member of this hell ride I wouldn’t mind punching. He had been a thorn in my side since the day he visited me in the forest. After that he refused to leave me alone. He bought clothes, food, sleeping bag, bottle of waters and a real camping tent.

That was not all, he never left, ever! He would sit by me constantly talking about everything and nothing. I, at first told myself to ignore him and then maybe he will find someone else to bother but it never worked. And sadly I always find myself somehow responding to him, answering his questions and providing reply to his remarks.

I almost smiled once at one of his jokes and it scared the crap out of me. I remembered lashing out at him afterwards when one of his knock, knocks jokes caused my mouth to move, lips twitching upwards. And of course he stared at me for a while and continued his jokes like my outburst didn’t faze him at all.

I closed my eyes remembering how I got caught in this ridiculous situation.  I remembered sitting in my tent trying to come up with ways I could ditch the pack territory and finally leave my baggage behind when he barged in with clothing and shoes telling me we would be late.

I was so confused I found myself getting dress and before I knew it, he was dragging me by my hand. That’s another thing, he could touch me! I had no idea how he accomplished it but whatever it was left me felling weary of him. I wasn’t scare of him, no my days of being scared of anything or anyone was over. Come to think of it, I think my fear died with Primrose. No, what had me feeling apprehensive was the role he was now playing in my life.

I don’t want or need attachment, and it was becoming apparent that this is exactly what Arion wants. So I decided that he’s dangerous and is now public enemy number one I would love to smack not because I hated him but because he was a pain! And that was another thing; I couldn’t muster any hatred for him. Yes I was annoyed and angry with him most of the times but I didn’t hate him. And since I hated the whole world, I was uncomfortable with being around him because if I didn’t want to kill or smack him into oblivion, than I had no idea what the heck I wanted from him.

I sighed deciding if I was going to be stuck in this car I might as well do it without feeling uncomfortable after all I had no reason to be. I didn’t know what the heck Arion wants to see happen by bringing me to this meeting but he was going to be very disappointed if he wanted me to help them in anyway. So with my anger nicely tuck in I decided to make small conversations. Sure it might make some people uneasy but that was the beauty of it.

“So-” I started causing six pair of eyes to snap to me as they waited for me to speak. “Arion right?” I asked the annoying one who dragged me into this. He looked away from his technology devise and gaze at me.

“Yeah?” he asked.

“How long until we get there?” I asked him.

“We have couple of hours to go!” It wasn’t Arion who answered my question. I slowly moved my gaze to the man I once thought of as father and give him a dark piercing glared causing him to shrink back into his seat. I turned my attention back to Arion.

“Arion, just out of curiosity, what is your goal for tricking me into coming?”

“I didn’t trick you.” he pouted and I sneered at him.

“Doesn’t matter. So what’s your goal?”

“I have no goal. I only wanted you to get out for a bit, it was getting stuffy in your little apartment.” Was he kidding me?

“I live in the forest!” I scoffed at him.

“You live in the forest?” Dean asked from next to his father. Why were they budding into my conversation? I don’t remember asking for any commentary from the peanut gallery. I tilted my head to the side and decided, why not. I will humor them plus it would be a good way to entertain myself.

“Yes, Dean, I do.” I answered him. He looked shock, his eyes widen and his face stretched into a genuine smile because I talked to him. Eww! I could see the others looking hopeful now. These people were bipolar or in Arion’s case tri-polar – I still didn’t know what that was- but it was time to crush their dreams. I couldn’t wait!

“You don’t have to; there are lots of rooms in the pack house. You can choose any room you like!” the alpha female chimed in. I swallowed back a biting insult and nodded at her.

“Yeah, I can help you chose. We can go shopping for material to decorate your room. It would be like our girls’ day out!” Krista bounced in her seat her voice sounding excited. Girls’ day out huh? The last time she and her followers included me in one of those my hair was shaved off. I mimic her enthusiasm although I abandon the smile because it would look too creepy. But I got the voice and bounce right.

“Really?” Hmm, I didn’t do it right because my voice was a little too high pitch and fake. But she didn’t seem to notice at all, she was already in her happy place. Arion and the ex-mate on the other hand noticed. I’m sure the others noticed as well accept Krista. Arion looked at me trying to make eye contact but I ignored him- It was his fault I was in this mess -so he had no business ruining my fun.

The ex-mate shifted in his seat and bowed his head down, his hoodie covering most of his face. I grimaced a little. There was something missing with him. He seemed more fragile, humble, and less aggressive and confident. If I didn’t know him for years and knew how powerful he could be, I would think he was an Omega instead of an alpha. My eyes snapped back to Krista and all her happy bubble that I was just too happy to burst.

“Yeah, it would be so much fun. Girls’ day out, just you and me!” She clapped her hands smiling big. I was sort of hoping her face would tear from how big she was smiling.

Let the bubble bursting begin-“yeah sure, I can just let bygones be bygones and everything will be perfect!” I mocked her.

“I-we-I- don’t-” she sputtered.

 “So what will this caused me, just out of curiosity?” I asked no one in particular.

“What do you mean?” It was the alpha female who was stupid enough to answer.

“Well, the last thing the pack ever did for me cause me to lose everything. So what will me having a room in the pack mansion mean for me?” Her jaw dropped and she shifted in her seat. The others bowed their head looking ashamed.

“I know what we did to you was wrong, but rest assured that those days are over, I will make sure of it.” The alpha said with determination. I suppressed an eye roll.

“Yes, and I can trust you right?” I sneered at him coldly. He flinched and looked away. I rested my head back on my seat feeling satisfied with the twitching and fidgeting coming from the other six people in the car; Arion was completely relaxed. I was about to take a nap when Krista interrupted me.

“Um-” I turned a blank gaze to her. “Primula- I-I just wanted to say I’m sor-”

“Spare me the ‘I’m sorry,’ because it means absolutely nothing to me!” I growled at her. She cringed back in her seat, head bowed down shamefully. I closed my eyes attempting to rest but I snapped my eyes opened when the ex-mate spoke.

“I’ve been wondering, is it really necessary for us to turn into wolves?” I gaze at him not understanding where he was coming from. I wasn’t the only one though-everyone else was staring at him like he had loose screws.

“What do you mean honey?” His mother asked what everyone else was thinking.

“I mean don’t you find it weird for people to go around turning into giant wolves?” He tilted his head to the side with a confused expression on his face. We just looked at him, not knowing what to say.

“Think about it, we constantly rip our clothes whenever we shift, have the meanest temper and it just plain weird having all that fur. And we don’t even hibernate in the winter. And that’s another thing, why don’t we? What kind of crazy people go walking around in such a cold weather? Insane people that’s who. Don’t you think so Primula?”

I opened and closed my mouth-no words could explain the way I was feeling. I looked at him trying to come up with something to say. Something told me snapping at him would be a very bad idea so I decided to go along with whatever he was doing.

“Sure.” I answered not getting what was going on.

“And then you are never alone with your thoughts. It’s like having an annoying radio in year head.” He continued. I looked around the room at the shock expression on everyone’s face. I frowned not understanding why they were not asking what we were all thinking.

“What’s wrong with him?” I voiced out my curiosity since nobody else was doing it.

Arion sighed but before he could answer the ex-mate spoke again baffling all of us once more.

“And you know what I don’t understand? Cartoons. The other day I was watching family guy and noticed they never changed their clothes. Isn’t that just plain gross? And the children never grow up. Are they Peter Pan? Wait, are they being enslaved by the producers. No wonder more episodes can be made for cartoons than live action shows in less than a year. We should protest!”

Okay-I think some screws were really loose in his head. Arion turned to him and touched his shoulders. “Jay, are you okay?” he asked him in concern.

The ex-mate shook his head clearing out his thoughts and focused on his uncle. “Yeah, I’m fine, why do you ask?”

“What did you say earlier?” his uncle asked him cautiously.

“I didn’t say anything.” He answered looking confused. Everyone turned from him when he gazed around. I guess they didn’t want him to know what just happened. I actually had no idea what that was but it was sure entertaining.

The rest of the car ride was silent- me, lost in my confusion and them lost in their shock or whatever you call it. The only person who seemed to be okay was Arion. He hummed all throughout the ride, and by the time we got there I wanted to rip his face off. He knew what was wrong with his nephew but I didn’t care enough to ask-it was not my business no matter how curious I was.

***

The limo stopped and I couldn’t be happier to get out - few more hours with those people and I would have commit murder and I don’t think Primrose would like that. She was the only reason I never went on a killing spree the moment I woke up in the hospital to see them. I knew she wouldn’t want me to stoop to their level and it frustrated me not be able to freely treat them like I was treatment.

But then again, I don’t think I had the heart to do what they did to my worst enemy-even if they were my worst enemy. However, I can find comfort in the fact that the shadows were waiting around to destroyed every last one of them. Did that make me evil? Probably, but who cares.

I got down from the limo and my jaw dropped on the floor. We were in a thick green forest with massive trees that went on and on forever; I couldn’t even see the top no matter how far up I looked- it was lost in the sky. The vines of the mutant trees twisted intricately wrapping around each other creating patterns, shapes and symbols of nothing I recognized. The trunks of the trees were thick, wide and rich with life.

I looked down because my neck was hurting from looking too far up. The ground was made of rich dark earth with red vines embedded into the ground connecting with each trees and forming the same patterns. On closer inspection, I saw that what I thought was vines were actually the root of the trees protruding out of the earth. I could tell that the symbols made by the forest and earth were not a mistake but a well thought out design.

In the night sky the moon was full and silver bathing the forest in silver moon light. Stars twinkled in the sky as fireflies flew around further providing the forest with light. This place was every werewolf dream-to live in such a thick forest bathing in the silver light of the full moon was like living in heaven.

I glanced around to see cars line up on the roads as alphas, betas, Lunas and council members stepped out of their cars gathering around the magnificent forest. From their expression, they have seen this place before unlike me, Krista and Dean who were mesmerized by the sheer beauty and wonder of the forest.

“Alright everyone-” I snapped my gaze to at a huge muscled man who was radiating power although it didn’t feel like an alpha power. I guess this was Michelangelo, the leader of the council and Arion’s big brother. I sadly knew this because the annoying alpha never stopped talking about his brothers and nephew to me.

“We are about to enter the neutral territory meaning no fighting-if anyone fight, the only person to get hurt will be them. If you have any animosity towards someone, leave it all beyond because there are bigger problems than petty bickering.  Because the supernatural beings do not intend for this meeting to last for years like every meeting we try having, the only people to speak will be the council leaders. After the council finished speaking, they will open the discussion to everyone so until then, keep your opinions to yourself.” He finished gazing around at everyone to see if they had any objections. His eyes landed on me, Krista and Dean.

“I see we have newcomers-” Krista and Dean squirmed while I stared back at him coldly-“I welcome the three of you. This is the portal to the neutral territory -” he opened his arms waving them around the forest- “we don’t know how or when it was created but for as long as I can remember, it has been used as a meeting ground between we the supernatural creatures.  This forest is our entrance, I heard every supernatural beings have their own special entrance. In this place, we are at our strongest but also weakest because the place allows no fighting. If you are provoked, do not use violence because the only one that will end up hurting will be none other than yourself.”

I was intrigued but I wonder if they ever thought about what would happened if the shadows gain access to this place. They wouldn’t be able to fight back not that they could since those things could go from tangible to none intangible freely.

“Now to enter-” Michelangelo continued when he got our attention-“the only beings to enter through this forest are the children of Selene and Lune, meaning shifters. So, to enter, change into your wolf form and I will lead the run-” I stared at him not comprehending what he had just said. I needed my wolf to enter this neutral zone?

“Is that the only way to enter?” I asked interrupting his explanation. They all turned and gawked at me. I guess they didn’t expect me to be here-well I didn’t want to be here either.

“You came-” the white hair guy stepped towards me smiling- “I didn’t think you would. I’m glad you came.” I stared at him suspiciously not understanding why he would want me here.

“Trust me; I had no intention of coming. I was con into it.” I glared at Arion who was sporting his poker face like I didn’t know he was snickering inside.  “So, is changing into your wolf the only way to enter?” I repeated my questioned. He tilted his head to the side with interest before answering my questions.

“No, like the leader said. This portal is for the children of Lune and Selene so changing into any other animal will do. It doesn’t have to be a wolf.” I narrowed my eyes at him. I can’t change into other animals…I think. And if I could, it would be impossible because the animal side of me was dead.

“What if I can’t shift?” I asked him rolling my eyes at the simultaneous gasps coming from around the forest.  They were so dramatic.

“So you don’t have a wolf?” the white hair guy asked me. I really needed to know his name-calling him white hair guy was annoying me.

“What’s your name?” I asked completely ignoring his question. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to answer; it was more because I just needed to know his name and get it over with. He gaped at me looking taken aback. I could hear Arion snickering on the side-I ignored him.

“I-Well-” he sighed. “My name is Aurora; I am a member of the council.” I didn’t ask for his life story- I only wanted to know his name.

“Yes, we’ve been through that.” He looked at lost for words so I decided to answer his question about my wolf.

“I have a wolf but she’s sleeping.” Eternally I thought to myself.  For some reason I didn’t want to tell them about Primrose’s death. They didn’t need to know just how much they destroyed me. I felt she was like a secret I needed to keep to myself. I guess I wanted to keep something that was only for me since the dame pack destroyed everything else.

Aurora stared at me skeptically- “well wake her up because she’s the only way you can enter the neutral zone.” I sighed glaring at him now. This was all that dame Arion’s fault. If he hadn’t manipulated me into coming to this meeting I wouldn’t be in this mess.

“I really despise you people, you know that?” I sneered at Aurora. My rage was waking up and I knew if I didn’t calm down I would snapped someone’s neck. My blood was boiling as the reason why I couldn’t just wake Primrose replayed over and over again in my head. His jaw dropped and he gazed at me carefully probably wondering where my sudden anger came from. The other alphas and wolves shifted on their feet at the menacing aura rolling of off me. I needed to calm down but I couldn’t find the strength.

I fisted my hands and gritted my teeth as a hot scorching rage crept into my blood making me breath harder. I could feel the air getting cold, a complete contrast from what I was feeling inside. Before I could take a step to Aurora who was slowly backing away from me, he was block from my vision and a dark red hair stood in front of me. I didn’t even have time to react before he grabbed my hand gently walking away from the crowd.

I heard a growl behind us but I didn’t pay attention as I was led away by Arion. Confusion took over replacing my hatred. I was once again baffled by the fact that he could touch me. We stopped at a distance and he turned to me without saying anything. I stared back at him measuring his expression and once again reminding myself how dangerous he really was and how I needed to start avoiding him at all cost.

“Calm down now?” He asked after a few minutes of him gazing at me with a blank expression and me staring at him cautiously. I glared at him but not with hatred only because he was a pain to deal with. He chuckled at my expression causing me to snarl.

“You really shouldn’t snarl too much or you will be sporting wrinkles by the time you turn twenty.” He smirked at me-I wanted to smack his smirk away. I lifted my hand to do just that when he shook his index finger at me.

 “Tis, tis-that’s call abuse you know?”

My heart jumped at what he said and a cold fear entered my gut. I instantly recognized it-I was scared because he said hitting someone was abuse. For years I was the abused victim so I was terrified of doing the same to someone else. I closed my eyes making a silent vow never to hit someone again unless they provoked me or hit me first. Recognition flashed in his eyes at my appalled expression but he didn’t say anything.  After a long silence of neither of us saying anything, he smiled and I was instantly suspicious.

“Have I ever told you that you’re one of the most dangerous person I ever me?” I asked at his smiling face.

“Yes you have and I said thank you. Now that we have established that, tell me what made you almost start a murder spree back there?” I sighed gazing in his eyes. I blinked when I saw that his usual green life eye and blue right eye had switched. I closed my eyes but when I opened them, his eyes were back to normal.

“Did your eyes just switch colors?” I asked completely fascinated.

“Yes, they usually do that although other than me, you are the first person to notice. I have no idea what it means though, so don’t asked- now stopped avoiding the question.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

“You shouldn’t have brought me here.” I told him tiredly.

“Well it’s too late now. So why can’t you wake up your wolf?”

“Because I can’t and nothing you say or do will change that.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “And before you say anything else, I am not telling you why,” I cut off his reply.

“Well then you better figure something out because we are able to enter the neutral zone. And please don’t go Godzilla again.” He smirked, walking back to the gathered crowd who seemed to be waiting for us.

“Who?” I asked confusion taking over my face as I fell into step with him.

“You really need to get out more,” he commented.

“I live in the forest.” I said dryly.

“Like I said, out more,” he repeated. I shook my head at his stupidity not saying anything as we came closer to the crowd. They were now separated into two groups-males and females. The moment we stopped amongst them, Aurora walked towards us.

“So, have you woken your wolf up now?” He asked stirring up my anger once again. But before I could say anything Arion interrupted with-“Godzilla,” warning me. I stopped and took a deep breath suppressing my snarky reply.

“No, and I’m not going to. I will figure something out.” He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when I glared at him. He nodded and pointed to the two separate groups.

“Because we will need to shift into our wolves to enter, the male and females are in two groups so they can change. When you figure something out, join the female group.” I nodded and he walked away. Arion lingered and stared at me. I nodded in understanding and he smile and followed Aurora.  I watched the males walked deeper into the forest and sighed.

***

Like it? leave a message. Sixteen is finished and will be posted later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 70.3K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
45 1 8
in world where a girl lost her memories trying to save the world from evil she faces many obstacles along the way but will be able to face her real...
201 56 14
As a young girl, she never once felt alone.. As her parents split, she goes to live with her aunt. Finding out her mother has kept some pretty import...
115K 5.4K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...