The Greek Tycoon's Baby

By CuteBabyGirl

Evelyn White is in love with her boss, Alexander Stefopoulos. Has been since the first month she began workin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Revelations
Chapter 2: What did she say?
Chapter 3: The meeting
Chapter 4: A new day
Chapter 6: Wedding Preparations
Chapter 7: Her past
Chapter 8: One step closer to the wedding
Chapter 9: A day with her
Chapter 10: Doubts
Chapter 11: Before the wedding
Chapter 12: The wedding
Chapter 13: Honeymoon
Chapter 14: Going with the plan
Chapter 15: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 16: Sudden Discoveries
Chapter 17: Things going downhill
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: The Truth
Chapter 20: Finding you
Chapter 21: Early welcome
Epilogue

Chapter 5: Unexpected guests

683K 13.5K 1.1K
By CuteBabyGirl

1 week later

Evelyn's POV

''So, where to go now?'' I asked Nadia.

''Somewhere to eat. I'm hungry.'' Nadia replied.

''Me, too. Let's go to the pizzeria that is around this corner.''

''Alright.''

Nadia and I were out for shopping at the mall. She needed some new clothes and jewelry and I tagged along as I wanted to buy some clothes for me and maybe see some things for the baby, too. Two days ago Alexander took me to a jewelry shop. He bought the engagement ring. It was so beautiful. It had one diamond in the middle and small rocks on it. I loved it. When he told me that we went to pick up my engagement ring and choose our wedding rings, I was shocked. At first I thought that he chose something extravagant, but this ring was perfect. I never liked expensive and extravagant things. I always thought that if you have money you should spend it on something useful. It seems that he can understand me a little.

The past week Alexander and I came closer. He made me feel like home. A feeling that I had lost a long time ago. He told me things about his life and started treating like I was family. However, sometimes I can't help and think that all these are a dream and some time I am going to wake up and everything will vanish. There were a couple of times when Alexander became distant and cold. I couldn't do anything about it. I felt so lonely. Sad. Scared.

''So, how is it going with the jerk?'' Nadia asked as we were walking to the pizzeria.

''Nadia, stop calling him that. He isn't.'' I said.

''Are you serious now?''

''Okay. Sometimes he is. We are doing fine. We had talks about both the wedding and the baby. He seems to open up a little.'' I said and my phone rang.

I opened my purse and took it out,

''Speaking of the devil.'' I muttered as I saw the caller ID.

Nadia showed me a table for us to sit and I nodded.

''Hello?'' I said as I sat down.

''Hello, Evelyn. How are you?'' my soon-to-be husband said.

''I'm good. A little tired but good. What about you?'' I asked as a waiter came to take our order.

I showed Nadia what I wanted to drink and let her choose the pizza. She nodded and gave our order.

''I'm fine. Are you really alright?'' Alexander said.

''Yes. It goes with the pregnancy. Don't worry. But did you have a reason to call me other than wanting to know if I am well?'' I asked.

''Actually I wanted to tell you something.''

Alexander sounded a little worried. Or did I imagine it? I have never saw him worried.

''Yes?'' I said.

''My parents are coming tonight for dinner at eight.'' Alexander said with one breath.

I tensed. Did he just say that his parents are coming? In eight hours? I hope he just found out or else he better run.

''They called last night when you were sleeping. I wanted to tell you this morning but I forgot it.'' he said.

He didn't say that.

''Forgot it? Are you an idiot? How could you forget something like that?'' I asked him.

I was very angry. I haven't met his parents at all yet. I'm going to marry their son in two weeks and we don't know each other. I don't know their opinion of me and I wanted to make a good impression to them. How could he forget?

''Evelyn, don't call me an idiot. I just forgot. No big deal. I am telling you now.'' Alexander said irritated.

''No big deal? Alexander, you jerk.'' I said.

My voice has risen to a level that everyone around us turned to look at me. I didn't care though.

''What's going on?'' Nadia asked worried.

I pressed my hand on the phone.

''Alexander just told me that his parents are coming at eight and he forgot to tell me in the morning.'' I replied.

''He is a jerk.'' Nadia said

''In this case I agree with you.''

''Give me the phone.''

''You won't do anything, right?'' I said but gave her the phone.

''Alexander, my not-so-favourite soon-to-be groom, what did I hear?'' Nadia asked sweetly.

I imagined Alexander's face right now and I almost bursted laughing. He isn't used to hear Nadia talking to him sweetly. The waiter came with our pizza and drinks looking at us weirdly. I thanked him and paid the bill.

''Mr. Alexander I really wonder how you can manage your company and the others you have that all of them have value more than some billions dollars, I'm sure of it, if you forget such important things. Because your parents arrival is important maybe not to you but to Evelyn.'' Nadia said with a sarcastic tone and hung up.

''I want to see Alexander's face right now.'' I said smiling.

''It would be hilarious.'' Nadia said and took a piece from the pizza.

''Indeed. After we are done from here, I have to go to the supermarket to buy a few things for the dinner. Do you mind?''

''It's fine with me. Now that you mentioned it I need some things, too.''

''Okay.'' I said and took a bite of my pizza.

Alexander's POV

Speechless. I was utterly speechless and shocked.

''Did you hear what I heard?'' I asked Owen.

When I said the news to Owen, he told me to put the phone on speaker when I called Evelyn because he wanted to hear her answer.

''I heard very clearly.'' Owen said.

''I can't believe it. One curses me and the other is being sarcastic with me.''

''That is what you get when you say that kind of news and moreover that you forgot to tell earlier to a pregnant woman and her crazy friend who is protective of her and seeks an opportunity to make you pay for what you did to her friend.''

''Do you think that Evelyn will be mad at me when I get home?''

''I don't think. I'm sure of it.''

''Why is that?''

''Evelyn was your secretary and in one night you left her pregnant telling her that she was just another girl. Then all of a sudden you are getting married. She is nervous about meeting your parents. Evelyn is someone that can't lie to somebody else without feeling guilty afterwards. She doesn't want your parents to think ill of her. She only wants to be accepted in your family. And you told her eight hours before the dinner that your parents are coming. Before you get angry and ask how I know all of these, let me tell you.''

He was right. But I still didn't like the fact that he could understand her so well. She was going to be my wife. I am supposed to know her very well not Owen.

''I can tell by her character and personality. She is a woman who always tells the truth, but she doesn't want people misunderstand her especially her loved ones.'' Owen said.

And I felt a pang of guilt hit me with its full force. Even now I still think sometimes she is a gold-digger and wants me only for my money. I wish I could think differently.

''The way I see things I will have to make it up to her somehow.'' I said.

''You better or be prepared to be ignored.'' Owen said.

If Evelyn ignores me, I swear I will go crazy and people will pay without being in fault. I need her to speak to me. Even if she curses me.

''That's out of the question.'' I said.

''I don't know what you will do but it has to be perfect. She deserves it. I'm going to my office. I have an appointment.'' Owen said and left.

I sighed. How could I forget to tell Evelyn? Oh, yes. I was busy checking her out. I swear that woman becomes sexier and more beautiful every day. When I got in the kitchen this morning for breakfast - she made a couple of times that innocent face and I decided to have breakfast every morning because if she keeps doing that face, I'll be in trouble - I almost got a heart attack. She was wearing a pair of jeans that hugged her legs perfectly and showed her curves. That together with the way she was swaying her hips as she was humming a song and making waffles were enough for my pulse to quicken. All my blood travelled south and my member became very much alive and it was throbbing with need and desire. I would take her there and then if it wasn't for Ashton and Jake being there and smirking at me. Evelyn insisted that Ashton and Jake should it with breakfast with us as well. They tried saying no but one puppy face from Evelyn was all it took for them to agree. I remember Ashton saying that Evelyn could get away with murder with that face and I couldn't agree more. She was showing innocence and pureness while doing that. She was like an angel. With all these thoughts of Evelyn how am I supposed to concentrate? Lately I have been taking a lot more cold showers than I had in all my life till now. Every time I see her she will do something that will arouse me. I can't even figure out how she can do that. I don't know if she does it on purpose or if she doesn't know what she does to me. No other woman could make me like this. To want her so much. Expect the one four years ago. But still it wasn't so powerful and she betrayed me. I want to believe Evelyn is different from her. I haven't met a woman like Evelyn before. So, if I want to be in good terms with her and not having her shooting me daggers or glaring at me, I should make it up to her.

Evelyn's POV

''Forty dollars, madam.'' the guy at the cash desk said.

''Here you go.'' I said and handed him the money.

''Here is your receipt. Have a nice weekend.''

''Thank you.'' I said and grabbed the bags.

I exited the supermarket and went to my car. I put all the bags inside it and waited for Nadia as we have come with my car. I still can't believe what Alexander said. How could he forget? Where does he have his mind? I just hope I can prepare the dinner on time. As for Alexander he better be on time home. I saw Nadia coming with her hands full of bags.

''You said you needed a couple of things?'' I kind of asked.

''Well, it seems that I needed more.'' Nadia said as she put her bags in the car.

''So where will I be dropping you off? I asked as we got in and put our seat-belts.

''At my house.'' she replied and I started the car.

When we got to her apartment, Nadia took her shopping bags and wished me good luck. Something I needed. I went to the house and headed immediately to the kitchen. I put the shopping on the counter and went to greet the guys. Alexander had told Ashton to be my bodyguard. he didn't come today with us as I ordered him, but I'm sure he found a way to know where I was and what I was doing. Ashton is someone who takes his job seriously. After I greeted them, I went back to the kitchen and started cooking. Alexander wasn't going to come today for lunch and the guys had already eaten.So, I put all my effort in making dinner for tonight.

At six o'clock everything was ready. I went up in my room and took a bath. It was quite relaxing and I needed one. With a towel around my body I went to the closet. I picked a dark blue dress and my black heels. I changed into the dress and I was glad that it still fitted me. I went to the dresser to do my make-up and hair. I put some blue shadow, mascara and eyeliner. Then I applied lip-gloss and my favourite perfume. I replaced my current earrings with a pair of ones that were long and had blue rocks on them. I decided to let my hair down straightening them. Finally I put on my heels and I was ready. I looked myself in the full length mirror. The dress was a little above my knees and hugged my body pretty well. It was simple but ideal for the situation. I believe I'm well dressed for meeting my future in-laws.

I went downstairs and started setting the table at the dining room. I placed the plates together with the glasses, forks and knives. I saw the clock on the wall and it was showing that it was seven fifteen, Alexander better be here soon. As I was putting the napkins, Alexander came in the dining room. I didn't even hear the door opening and closing, I must have been lost in my thoughts.

''Hello, Evelyn.'' Alexander said.

''Hi. You better go take a shower and change your clothes before your parents come.'' I said.

''Look, Evelyn. About this -'' he started.

''I don't want to talk about it. Just go change.'' I said and went back to the kitchen.

I suppose Alexander went to his room as I heard steps on the stairs.

Half an hour later Alexander came down and I couldn't help but shiver in desire at the sight of him. He was so hot. Angry or not I couldn't say that the man wasn't a walking God. When I saw him. my heart almost immediately started beating fast. It's not fair that he has this effect on me and he doesn't feel anything for me.

''You're so beautiful.'' Alexander said.

Only now did I notice that Alexander was way too close to me. One more step and he was going to crash on me.

''Thanks.'' I said as I blushed.

Alexander put his hand on my left cheek and caressed it. He sneaked the other hand around my waist and pulled me closer. Now I was glued to him. If both leaned a little, we would kiss. I tried to put some distance between us because the temperature in the room started rising. Alexander seemed to have other plans as he tightened his hold around my waist. This is not good. What does he want to do?

''Evelyn, I'm so sorry for forgetting to tell you about my parents arrival. I promise I won't do it again. Can you forgive me?'' Alexander said while looking me in the eyes.

All I could see in his eyes was sincerity. How am I supposed to keep being angry at him when he is looking me with those eyes? Sparkling blue eyes filled with honesty and hope.

''I forgive you.'' I breathed out.

''I'm glad.'' he said and started leaning towards me.

I could hear clearly my heart beating right now. I wonder if Alexander did, too. I wanted so much to kiss him again. The night we spent together was one of my happiest despite developing in a nightmare the morning after. He was so passionate and gentle that night. I would give anything to live that night again. The night that Alexander saw me as a woman and treated me like one. I was so happy. Even now I don't regret losing my virginity to him. As he was about to touch my lips, the doorbell rang. I heard him groan and I felt a wave of disappointment rush over me.

''That will probably be my parents. I'll go get it.'' Alexander said and went to open the door.

Before he left I saw that his eyes had gotten darker. Does that mean he wants me, too?

''Mum.'' I heard Alexander saying as I followed behind.

''Alexander, my son. How are you? Where is my soon-to-be daughter in-law? I'm dying to meet her.'' the woman said and I guessed she was his mother.

''Hello. I'm Evelyn. How are you?'' I asked as I came closer to them.

''Hello. I'm Samantha. Alexander's mother.'' the woman said and suddenly I was enveloped in a hug.

''Leave the poor girl alone, Samantha. You are going to suffocate her.'' a man said coming in the house.

''Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm very excited that I'm going to have a daughter.'' Samantha said.

''It's alright. It caught me by surprise. That's all.'' I said smiling.

''Evelyn, this is my father, George.'' Alexander said.

I looked at the man. He was at his late fifties. He had black-grey hair and black eyes. He seemed like a gentle man.

''Nice to meet you, Evelyn.'' George said.

''Nice to meet you, too.'' I replied.

''Alexander for once I approve your choice of girlfriend and future bride.'' Samantha said.

That alone made me more relaxed. At least his mother seems to like me.

''Mom.'' Alexander said.

''It's the truth.'' Samantha said.

''Would you like to come in the living room?'' I asked them.

''Sure, Evelyn. We have a lot to discuss.'' Samantha said and hooked her hand at my arm taking us to the living room.

''What do you want, sir?'' I asked George.

''Call me George and whiskey will be fine.'' he replied.

''Alright. How about you...? Is it okay to call you Samantha?'' I asked Alexander's mother.

''Of course, sweetie. A glass of orange juice, please.'' Samantha replied.

''Alexander, you?'' I asked him.

''Whiskey.'' he replied.

''Wait a little bit.'' I said as I went to the kitchen.

I prepared all drinks- mine included- and I put them in a tray along with some biscuits. When I approached the living room I heard Alexander laughing with his mother. I remember him telling me that he loves his mother very much. I wonder if someday he will come to love me, even for a little bit. Or will I spend my entire life in a marriage without love? I didn't like where all my thoughts were going right now. So, shaking my head a little to clear them all, I smiled and went in.

''Here are your drinks.'' I said.

I placed the tray on the wooden table that was in middle of the two sofas and started serving everyone their drinks.

''Thank you, dear.'' Samantha said.

We started making light conversation and half an hour later we went to the dining room. Everything was ready as I was taking small trips between the living room, the kitchen and the dining room while we were at the living room.

Everyone took their seats. Samantha and George sat at one side of the table and Alexander and I at the other one. After asking everyone what they wanted, I served them.

''Mom, dad, what will you drink?'' Alexander asked.

''I believe red wine will do fine. What do you say, George?'' Samantha said.

''I agree with your mother.'' George replied.

''Red wine it is then.'' Alexander said and filled all the glasses.

When he went to fill mine, I said no way to quickly. Both Alexander's parents stared at me.

''Why is that, Evelyn?'' Samantha asked.

''I just don't like it.'' I said.

It was the first thing that came into my mind. But I started feeling guilty afterwards. I don't like saying lies. I liked Alexander's parents and I felt uncomfortable lying to them. I felt someone's hand rubbing circles on my thigh and I turned to Alexander, but he was talking to his father. I don't know why he did it, but I really appreciate it. It helped a lot. For the rest of the dinner I didn't have to lie again. When Samantha asked if I was waiting eagerly for the wedding, I replied with a yes. Because it was the truth. Despite that the wedding is for our baby's sake, I want it to happen. My vows will be true.

Samantha and George were living at the other side of Boston and you had to cross the whole city to get to their house.

''Maybe you should stay here tonight.'' Alexander said to his parents as they were putting their coats on.

''Yes. I think you should stay. We have extra rooms.'' I said.

''It's alright.'' George said.

''But...'' I started.

''No buts. Another day I will come and have coffee with you and your maid of honor. I'll help you with the wedding, too.'' Samantha said to me.

''Are you sure?'' I asked.

''We're sure. Good night.'' George replied.

''Good night and be careful.'' I said.

''Good night, dad and mom.'' Alexander said.

''Good night, honeys.'' Samantha said closing the door behind her.

''It went well.'' Alexander said.

''Yes. I'm really happy.'' I replied.

''I'm glad. Let's go sleep now.''

''But I have to clean up.''

''No. You're tired. You did so much today. Leave it for the cleaner. She comes every Saturday.''

''Alright. I'm going to sleep. It was a tiring day for me and being pregnant didn't help at all.''

Alexander turned off all the lights and as I was going to step on the stairs, he lifted me in his arms and went upstairs. At first I was telling him to put me down but he refused and I gave up. He put me down only when we were in my room and only on my bed. He kissed my forehead and left before I could say something leaving wanting for more. Maybe a kiss on the lips and not on my forehead. He always does little sweet things that make me fall deeper for him. I'm sure that if I wasn't already in love with him, I would be by now.

I sighed and changed into my pyjamas. I went under the covers and doze off letting Alexander yet again invade in my dreams.

What do you think? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 158K 76
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
276K 8.5K 18
Michael Grahamsteen is a workaholic business man with no interest in marital life but his beliefs are tested when his father dies and leaves him a ge...
3.2K 100 11
Kayla "Celeste" Castillo was a worldwide known singer in 21st century. Everything in her life was in order till the day of releasing her new album. T...
1.6M 48.2K 32
I'm Matteo De Luca. A successful businessman in New York City. I have it all, the penthouse, the fast cars, the many vacation houses. I am successful...