Bloodlust & heartbreak

By FishCustardTrocks

Eliza Rose is the lead Hunter for her clan, The Rose-clan. Her mission: find and kill the main Hunter of her... More

Ch. 1- The Hill
Ch. 2- Talk of the Devil
Ch. 3- Hey you!
Ch. 4- Seven cups of coffee
Ch. 5- Ignorance
Ch. 6- Human connect to human
Ch. 7- All the things she said
Ch. 8- Believe me I'm lying
Ch. 9- Grenade
Ch. 10- Runaway
Ch. 11- Do you want me (dead)?
Ch. 12 - Zoom into me
Ch. 14- Bulletproof
Ch. 15- Everybody's fool
Ch. 16- Break your little heart
Ch. 17- Shape of my heart
Ch. 18- Without You
Ch. 19- Just the Way I'm Not
Ch. 20- Anthem of the Angels
Ch. 21- When it Rains
Ch. 22- One day too late
Ch. 23- Bad Enough for You
Ch. 24- I Will Not Bow
ch. 25- The Technicolor Phase
Ch. 26- Time Bomb
Ch. 27- Heroes
Ch. 28- Guardian Angel
Ch. 29- 99 Red Balloons/Epilogue

Ch. 13- Dogs unleashed

2.6K 27 4
By FishCustardTrocks

Hey guys, it's me again (at last)

First I just want to say sorry for making you wait for so long... Please forgive me?

Secondly I want to say Happy today to llijill (to whom I dedicate this)

And thirdly I want to say enjoy.

Song: Dogs Unleashed by Tokio Hotel

(Oh and please vote, comment, like, anything you can think of seeing as I just put this in the Watty Awards [help me])

_________________________

Recap:

Ch. 12- Zoom into me Eliza and Joel decide that they need to get away from their clan and guild if they want to be together. 

Eliza's POV:

As soon as I woke up I remembered that I had to pack for my running away. When I got to my cupboard, I started tearing down my favorite clothes; I wanted to look good for Joel.

“Eliza, get decent right now, ‘cause I’m coming in, in about three, two, one…” BAM! Anarel stepped through the now wide open door. I just kept on packing, he could think whatever he wanted about it, I was not going to let him talk me out of leaving. But then he did the thing I least expected, he reached out and took hold of one of my T-shirts, and then he folded it! He actually folded a piece of clothing, and continued to put it into my open bag! Then he just left.

A few minutes later I was at the bottom of the stairs, with a fully packed bag, one compartment consisted only of chocolate, and good shoes, a warm and weatherproof jacket and, for about the first time in my life, a hat. Luckily there was nobody around, at all, which was a bit weird, but I thought nothing of it. But when I got to the door I noticed a small note, and it immediately became clear why the hall was so empty.

WARNING!

Do not enter, linger, walk in, run through, or commit any kind of anything in this hall between now and a while, maybe tonight...

Sincerely Daniel and Anarel <3

Everyone knew that when Daniel or Anarel was up to something it usually turned out messy or smelly or both, but when both of them combined forces, who knew what could happen? So anyone who liked and respected their death/afterlife would stay well away from that hall. Luckily though I could not see either of them, so I opened the door and stepped outside, right into the arms of Daniel and Anarel.

"Hey sis, told you she'd take a while. You know girls and getting ready, never leads to anybody being on time!" Were the welcoming words of my brother, who was carrying a big backpack and a smaller bag.

"You know she can easily kick your ass if I don't save it, so you should probably be more careful about what you tell me, I haven't quite decided whether or not I'm feeling kind today..." Were the words of greeting from Anarel. At least what he was saying was true.

"You guys going anywhere?" I asked them, just to announce my presence.

"Yeah." They both answered at the same time.

"You know, it's really unfair to make my little baby brother carry all your stuff, Anarel." I told him, faking disappointment. Truthfully I thought Daniel needed to work a little harder, and anyway, he was a vampire, a little extra weight wouldn't hurt him.

"I'm not. That's all his." Anarel answered in a bored tone. I was surprised, although of course it was typical Daniel to bring more things for him alone than for the whole group combined, at least almost. But one thing bothered me was Anarel. He must have some sort of baggage, I mean he was going on a trip that would last for who knows how long!

"How?"

"I've got lots of stuff in my pockets."

"How?"

"They're bigger on the inside."

"How?"

"A lot."

"How, though?"

"Magic, science, alchemy, whatever you wish to call it."

"How?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"No..."

"Well then, there we have it. Do you want to go?"

I nodded. Then I shook my head. I had just remembered that I was going to meet Xander before going to his band’s show. He should be there soon, I hoped. At some point someone was bound to walk past, and it was only luck that would make it Xander or Joel, or a vampire.

“The Doctor to Danny Boy, The Doctor to Danny boy, do you read me?” I heard a familiar voice shout, but there was something different about it. And when I turned around I saw Xander standing at the edge of the forest, one hand by his mouth holding an imaginary walkie-talkie. Then I realized that the difference was a British accent. The same one as The Doctor.

“Hey Xander!” I shouted back.

“Wassap dawg?!” He shouted. “Yo, homie, come ova’ to da hood, man!”

I started walking over to him, dragging Daniel by one hand and Anarel by the other. They were both resisting, it went against all their instincts to walk peacefully towards a hunter. But this was a friend, and I was going to get them to say hello whether they liked it or not.

“Hi, Rosebud!” Xander greeted me, the nicest greeting I had gotten all day.

“Hey, Xander. Where’s all your stuff?” I asked him, not really knowing what to say, what with the two boys I was towing behind me, still trying to get away.

“So, who’re your friends? I mean I know who Danny Boy is, but who’s the dark ages, black haired dude?” Xander asked me, ignoring complaints from the so-called ‘dark ages, black haired dude’ and ‘Danny Boy’.

“Anarel, he’s the black magic dude in the clan…”

“Okei dokei, pig in a poky. Time to go!”

Joel’s POV:

The air was heavy with dry smoke from the smoke machines placed strategically on stage… An even thudding ran through my head as I tried to focus on the music that seeped through the thin walls. I was currently in the greenroom of the concert house where The Outcasts were playing. So far all they had done was rehearse, but in a few minutes they were set to go on stage for the real concert. Only problem was they were missing a band member. Xander.

The last note of the song the other band had been playing slowly drifted to an end. Great amounts of applause and cheering were heard before the singer politely thanked the audience before walking off stage with her band mates.

As the announcer told the exited audience to welcome The Outcasts on to the stage, someone knocked on my door. Ted got up slowly and started walking towards the door, that was still being knocked on, as the announcer talked about, something. I could only hear snippets of what he was saying and from what I could hear it was very random.

“You know, if you re-edit what he’s saying, there’s a tampon commercial in there somewhere.” Yuki commented right before Ted opened the door that was now being banged ferociously on.

“Where’s Xander? His freaks are here.” Ted said nonchalantly as he walked past whomever it was that was standing in the doorway. I looked around and noticed that everyone had stood up and was now moving towards the door, except for Xander who was nowhere to be found. He had walked out a couple of hours earlier, saying something about chocolate and something along the lines of boggeli boo.

As my friends left the room to go on stage, I sank further back in my big chair, then I jumped up as I felt an icy hand on my shoulder. I wheeled around to stand face to face with a very familiar redhead, and two not so familiar guys.

“Hi.” Said the beautiful voice of Eliza.

“Hey.” Said the confused voice of me.

“Hello!” Said the unknown voice of, uh, the two guys that were with Eliza. Oh no… Eliza had been alone with two guys I did not know, and I therefore had no knowledge of whether or not I could beat them up. This was not good…

“Who are your, uh, friends?” I said slowly, trying to keep my voice level and non-describing of what I was really thinking. I sort of choked on the last word, and I think Eliza noticed. She raised an eyebrow at me, but answered nonetheless. Well, she didn’t really answer, well, she started to…

“This is…”

“Daniel, I’m her boyfriend. So keep your hands off of her!” Said the blonde boy, a little young, but unfortunately boyishly handsome (unfortunate for me, that is).

“And I’m Anarel, her best friend and the guy who will kick your sorry ass if you hurt her in ANY way. You got that, future toad?” The black-haired guy said in a threatening manner, leaning in just a tad too close to my face. I backed away slightly.

“Ignore them, they’re stupid. Where’s this band I’ve heard so much about?” Eliza said flirtatiously. I just stood there looking confused the black haired dude had said something about a future toad, or a toad from the future, or was it a toad that told the future? As previously mentioned, I was confused.

“What?” I said slowly, probably sounding like a drunken idiot.

“The band, where are they?”

“Oh, I, uh… They just left to get on stage… You know about the band?” I rambled.

“Xander told me, he’s the one who dragged me here, I don’t know where he disappeared to though.” The smoothness of Eliza’s voice was so calming and hypnotic, it was just so comfortable to listen to. I didn’t want her to stop, I wasn’t even really listening to what she was saying…

“Uh, sure. Let’s go watch them.” I said, again probably sounding like a drunken idiot.

I led the way through the door and small passageways filled with an assortment of wires. When we got to the side-entrance to the stage, a frantic woman asked in a very panicked voice which one of us was Xander, and that this stunt was not the least bit amusing. Then she pointed at the light haired boy, Daniel I think, and ordered him to get on stage immediately. Out on stage the band, mostly the guy who had presented them though, was freaking out. Xander was still nowhere to be seen.

Ted was the only one, apart from Georg, who remained calm. But what with Georg being Georg, he didn’t really count. He was always calm, once his book suddenly went up in flames while he was doing his homework back home, and all he did was shut the book and look sternly at Flynn who started to cry, then shout out that he, Flynn, was so immature that Mercury would explode, then he simply fainted. And that was all because of Georg’s mood control. So yeah, Georg did not count when it came to remaining calm.

Ted Calmly walked over to the introducer, and told him that they would start without Xander. Everyone, apart from Georg, looked at him dumbfoundedly. Georg had simply walked over to his bass and strapped it over his shoulder, Ethan decided that he too would follow Ted’s orders and followed Georg’s lead, seating himself behind the drums and pulling out the drumsticks. The others followed suite and walked to their designated places. Ethan started a beat, Georg picking it up pretty fast.

Then suddenly Eliza disappeared in a flash beside me, a blast of air hit me and I blinked before seeing a blond boy and a redheaded girl stand in front of one of the two microphones. Flynn occupied the other one.  When I blinked again and my eyes were able to focus, I could see Eliza and Xander standing on stage, well I say standing. Really they were, well Xander was holding Eliza in a bridal grip and Eliza was looking very shocked while trying to get down. Xander set her down slowly, holding on to her hand so that she couldn’t escape. Then he started singing, very loudly and off key. Eliza tried to get away once again, but he was still holing on to her hand. Then he stopped singing and started to talk instead. His band-mates were staring at him in disbelief. But he didn’t give a damn!

“Hello everyone! I’m Xander, and this is the lovely Eliza. Who here thinks she’s hot? I know about you mister!” He yelled and pointed at me, I hid behind the angry lady with the clipboard (the one who had yelled at us earlier) “Well? Anyone, oh come on there must be more than one single guy here! Yes, I hear your wolf-whistle mister blue T-shirt guy in the front row. Ah, there we have it, that’s way more like it!” Eliza was turning bright red as the howls and wolf-whistles grew in number and volume.

‘If you don’t stop right this instant I will personally kill you, REPEATEDLY!’ I yelled at Xander in my head. He gave me a look, and turned back to the audience, who were now cheering wildly.

“Alright! Glad we settled that little thing. So, have you heard this girl sing? Yeah, neither have I! So what do you say? Wanna hear her sing? Oh, come on you can do better than that! Do you want to hear her sing!? Hear that Rosebud? They want you to sing.” He said handing Eliza the microphone. She gave him a really dirty look and started to walk off stage, he took hold of her hand and dragged her and the microphone to the center of the stage. “Give us a beat Ethan! Georg! Come on Eli. You know you want to… You promised to go to the concert with me, well, here we are! Enjoy it, let your hair down, and sing.” He started singing at his queue of the song, it happened to be one of the ones he had written.

He held her hand throughout the song, and the next one, and the longer he held on, the harder I had to fight myself to stay off the stage. All I wanted to do was stomp over to them and tear their hands away from each other. That was my girlf- my crush he was holding hands with. God, I needed to cool down. I turned around and walked back to the greenroom, thoughts buzzing around in my head like angry bees.

What was going on? Why was I reacting so strongly, all they were doing was holding hands… Did I love Eliza? What was going on between them? Were they hiding something from me? What the hell was wrong with me?

‘Nothing. Absolutely nothing is wrong with you. I just proved my point. Yo love Eliza, and she’s willing to run away with you, that’s why she’s here.’ Said the voice of Xander, I guess he had been listening in…

I sighed and sank down into my comfortable sofa. I decided to take a break and just block everything out. Then I heard the beautiful voice of a girl, singing. I ran back to the stage and saw Eliza singing to a song I had no idea that she even knew.

I watched as she pranced around on stage singing alongside Xander and Flynn. She had the most beautiful voice I had ever heard, and when the song was over I was one of the many people who sighed with discontent. I didn’t want her to ever stop. Why couldn’t she just keep singing forever?

She ran off stage as Xander told the audience to give her a loud hand. I caught her as she catapulted towards the hall, or anywhere that was not on stage. I pulled her in for a hug and she relaxed against my shoulder. Then she started to pull me through the many halls that made up the backstage area.

“Where are we going?” I asked her softly.

“Anywhere where we’re safe from the stage.” She said briskly, not looking at me, focusing on walking. I took over the lead and lead her towards the greenroom.

“Thanks. I hate being on stage…” She said after collapsing over the sofa, the band’s music still seeping through the walls.

“You were great. Everyone loved you.” I said softly while sitting down and pulling her legs onto my lap, letting her stay spread out over the whole sofa.

“Did you like it?” She whispered, I barely heard it, and was unsure whether or not she had meant for me to hear it.

“I loved it.” ‘I love you.’ I added in my thoughts.

“Thanks…” She said unhappily. I decided to change the subject to maybe make her brighten up a little.

“So… You have a boyfriend…” Gosh I hate myself right now! Why did I have to choose that subject?

“No, Daniel’s my brother, Anarel was pretty much telling the truth though. A pretty good rule is to not believe anything they say…” She said apologetically.

“Oh, so are they coming? You know, on the whole you and I running away thing…” I said carefully, not wanting to upset her, but at the same time not wanting them to come either.

“Well, yeah. They’ve made their minds up and anyway they’re like family to me.” She said, sitting up and sounding a little offended and on the defencive side. Oops…

“But, we don’t really want family to come, do we? Isn’t that kind of why we’re running away in the first place, to get away from our family?” I said quickly. She moved her legs off my lap.

“You’re taking Xander, why is my family any different?” She said sharply. I knew where this road led, straight to fight capital.

“Well, he’s not a vampire who could attack us in the middle of the night!” I said, unable to come up with anything better.

“Oh, that’s low.” She hissed “If you have such a problem with vampires, why do you even want to run away with me? I’m a vampire too you know! And by the way, we are not the monsters, you are. You are the ones who think you can kill anything and everything just because you have the power. We kill with purpose and meaning, all you do is murder.” And with that she walked out the door and slammed it behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55 2 26
What felt like an innocent relationship, soon turns into the wrong relationship. Johnny Rose is no stranger to when it comes to murder. He is a socio...
360K 8.9K 19
[BOOK ONE] 100 days. That's all Amber Rose had left until she went to the dark side of her coven in New Orleans. In the Rose family when you turn 21...
223K 7.2K 35
We all know the cliche story about the girl whose mate is the alpha and she gets rejected then kidnapped and all of a sudden they are in love and hav...
127K 5.8K 21
A biographical step-by-step guide on how to survive the Monster Apocalypse... With unwanted company, that is. LOVE AND MONSTERS ...