Avoiding Goodbyes ~Slow Updat...

By PoisonousBeauty

Keaton is a pro at being the new girl because she's moved schools so many times. She knows not to make many f... More

Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 1 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 2 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 3 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 4 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 5 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 6 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 7 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 8 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 9 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 10 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 11 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 12 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 13 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 14 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 15 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 16 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 17 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 18 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 19 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 20 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 22 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 23 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 24 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 25 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 26 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 27 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 28 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 29 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 30 - Avoiding Goodbyes
Chapter 31 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 21 - Avoiding Goodbyes

36 2 1
By PoisonousBeauty

Chapter 21

     I leaned into Noah covering my eyes. He laughed at how scared I was at the dumbest parts, that turned out not be scary.

     "Tell me when that part is done," I whimpered, pressing my face into his chest. I could feel his hands moving up and down my back, soothing me a little bit.

     "This isn't real, Keaton," he whispered. "You do know that, right?"

     "Yes, but I keep thinking it is!" I cried. My whole body was tense when I looked back at the screen.  The girl was trapped in the room, crying her heart out as her brother was being brutally murdered by the serial killer. 

     The killer left the room dragging her brother's body. The girl knew she had to get out fast before she came back. Her face was dripping with sweat and the music was loud in the background. She took the lamp and broke the window, making a loud noise that the killer heard. The killer ran to the door, trying to unlock it quickly before the girl escaped. The girl was bleeding from the glass shards peircing her skin, especially on her feet. 

     My heart was racing. "Go, go, go!" I cried. I covered my eyes and pressed into Noah's side. He played with my hair and rubbed my back.

     "It's not that scary," he whispered into my ear, chuckling a little. I calmed down a little when he did that because it made me feel safe everytime he whispered to me.

      The girl managed to get out before the killer grabbed her. The blood on her feet left marks in the white snow, and she was cold because she was only wearing a thin, gray blood-stained night dress. The killer followed the red footsteps, which eventually faded into plain white footsteps. 

     He followed the marks in the snow, smiling like a mentally ill patient. My heartbeat went faster and faster as he followed the marks. The girl was slowing down and she was freezing. There was no one in the forest, except an old creepy house. She ran to the house, and found an old pair of shoes to keep her feet warm.

     When she looked back the killer grabbed her. He kicked her in the stomach till she coughed up blood and then he slit her throat. He left her body in the snow and then went back to his house and killed himself.

     Then the movie ended. I was shocked.

     "That was a bad ending," I pouted as the lights automatically came on.

     "Yeah, it was. What the hell," He laughed. We sat in silence while he continued to move his hand up and down my back.

     "Oh, crap. I better get going," I said, checking my phone. "My mom is going to freak out."

     "Yeah, let's go get your stuff upstairs," he said standing up after I did. He turned off the TV and I followed him back to his room. I heard rain outside, and I groaned. Now I would get all wet and disgusting.

     "It'll pass in an hour or so. Just text your mom and tell her that you want the rain to stop before you leave to go home," he suggested, leading me upstairs.

     "Good idea," I said, pulling out my phone and texting my mom. She said it was fine. It was about six o'clock so I wouldn't have to worry about driving after curfew.

     "So, what's up?" Noah asked, sitting in his bed with the laptop. 

     "I can stay until the rain stops," I sat on the edge of his bed. 

     "Cool," he said, sitting next to me. I could feel his eyes watching my every movement. I looked over at him and he stared at me.

     "What?" I giggled.

     "You're so cute," he smirked. I rolled my eyes. He's such a little flirt.

     "Thanks?" I laughed. Why do they always call me 'cute'?

     "Have you thought about it?" he asked. I instantly knew he was talking about us dating. I haven't thought about it, though. I was so focused on Ray and homecoming and school.

     "No. This counts as a date, though, so..." I bit my lip, nervously. 

     "Keaton," he moaned. "Please?"

     "Kayla will hate me," I said. "They already think I'm a slut."

     "Well, you're not a slut. If you were, then you wouldn't be so well-liked by everyone in the school. And I wouldn't like you like this if you were."

     "They think I actually went out with Ray," I mumbled. "I can't believe I actually did that with Ray. Dumbest decision ever."

     "It was pretty dumb," he smirked. I hit him playfully. 

     "You're going to me feel even worse!" I pouted.

     "Maybe this will help," he said, closing his eyes and leaning in to kiss me. My lips were craving his kiss and I wasn't going to pass this one up. Our lips collided, and I instantly felt better.

     We opened our mouths at the same time and when his hand came in contact with my cheek, I wanted more. The electricity from his kiss was at an all-time high and I was so happy. His kiss was so compassionate and I really liked how he knew what type of kiss it would be depending on the situation.

     I couldn't keep kissing Noah like this when we weren't dating. I knew that he wanted me to date him and it started turning to that point where I wanted to date him, too. But I would have to wait, since everyone thought I just broke up with Noah. Maybe giving him a chance wouldn't be such a bad thing.

     I pulled away slowly, looking into his eyes. "I feel better now," I giggled. "And I have an answer to your question."

     "What is it?" He asked tracing my cheek with his thumb.

     "I'll go out with you," I answered, smiling. His smile turned into a grin. "In a week."

     "Why?" he asked, trying to hide his grin. "A week is so long."

     "Because I just broke up with Ray or whatever. I don't want the slut label," I explained. He looked at me and smirked.

     "The slut label is already taken, Keaton," he chuckled.

     "By who?"

     "Bailey. And Kayla, too," he laughed. I smiled at that.

     "Good point."

     He kissed me again, and slowly laid me down on the bed, and crawled on top. My heart was racing. He really wasn't trying this again, right? Even though I knew I couldn't do this, I just wanted him more and more. I pulled his head toward mine, so our lips were together, moving in synchronized motions.

     I continued to kiss him as I traced his abs. When his shirt was halfway up, my phone rang.

     I scrambled from under him, apologizing, and checked my phone. The rain stopped and my mom was asking me where I was. I checked the time. We had not been in his room for an hour! No way!

     "Well, the rain stopped, so I gotta go," I said, picking up my backpack.

     "Wait," he said when I began to walk to the door. "Are we dating?"

     "In a week," I smirked.

     Finally the schoolday ended and it was Friday. That meant the weekend had only just begun. I had gotten a B on the chemistry test, which was actually pretty good, since I didn't know anything the day before. Noah had been acting so happy and excited and I knew it was because I had agreed to date him. I had been ignoring Bailey, Kayla, Hannah, and Andrea and I would always sit with my other friends.

     I was happy that finally, everything was coming out to be okay. I slowly walked out of the school scrolling through Instagram on my phone when I bumped into someone. I looked up to see a brown-haired good-looking guy.

     Ray.

     "You're going out with Johnson?" he asked, with his jaw clenched. I looked at him in shock. Was Noah telling everyone we were going out? I said that we would in a week!

     "No, who told you?" I questioned. I was so angry at Noah.

     "My friends," he said. "It's all around the school."

     I searched for Noah in the crowds of people. He saw me waving at him, and he came over, looking worried.

     "Are you telling people we are going out?" I shreiked. He shook his head, nervously.

     "Everyone is talking about you two. They say you guys are hooking up secretly," Ray explained. Noah and I looked at each other.

     "I didn't tell anyone we are dating. I promise," he said.

     "Ray, please tell me you didn't start this rumor," I begged. He shook his head. The only people that seemed like they would start it would be Bailey and the others.

     "Thanks for telling us this. We gotta go," I said, grabbing Noah and pulling him away.

     "You didn't? I will kill you if you did!" I snapped. He put his hands up.

     "I didn't tell anyone! I know you said in a week, and I'm going to wait a week, okay?" he promised. "And you couldn't kill me even if I was sleeping."

     I ignored his little joke. "Where would Bailey and all of them be right now?" I asked.

     "You're friends with them, wouldn't you know?"

     "You dated her, wouldn't you know?" I retorted. He rolled his eyes and started walking where Bailey and the others were standing on the first day of school. Luckily, they were there, giggling like idiots.

     "Hey!" Noah yelled at them. They all looked at him, and Kayla ran up to him and threw her arms around him. So many bad words ran through my head. Bitch was the mainn one.

     "Noah!" She squealed. "Hi!"

     I pushed stood next to Noah and glared at Kayla who stepped back almost immediately. 

     "Are you getting all defensive that I'm touching your boyfriend?" she asked. The girls behind her started snickering quietly at her remark. I balled up my fists, ready to sock her in the eye.

     "I know you guys started that rumor," I spat. "We aren't dating, nor hooking up secretly."

     They all started laughing. "We all saw you at Debby's that one day! We know you're too scared to show everyone the actual slut you really are," Bailey laughed.

     "She's not a slut," Noah argued. "And just because we went out to eat together doesn't mean we are dating."

     "Please, Noah," Bailey rolled her eyes. "Everyone in the whole school knows that you just want to have sex with her. You probably already tried to, anyway." Bailey looked at me. "He only acts all sweet and kind so he can have sex with you, right, Keaton? I promise you, you're not special to him."

     My eyes flicked to Noah who looked at me sympathetically. I could feel the tears coming and I didn't want to cry in front of them.

     "Looks like you just added one more ex-girlfriend to your list!" Bailey laughed. I dashed away, sprinting to my car. It all made sense. Noah only wanted me for sex. He even tried twice to get his wish. I thought I could trust him, but really it was all a lie. His sweet words and everything. It meant nothing!

     I felt someone pull my arm back. When I turned, it was Noah. The last person I wanted to see.

     "Get away from me!" I snapped, yanking my arm from his grasp.

     "Look, I don't want you for sex okay? I want you because I like you," he said, but paused. He inhaled a deep breath and spoke quietly. "I want you because I love you."

     "Shut up, Noah! It's true what they said about you! You tried twice! Twice, Noah!" I cried, tears were coming out of my eyes. I turned and walked to my car, ignoring him when he called my name.

     "No! They just want me to look bad! I'm sorry, Keaton. I'm sorry," he apologized, chasing after me. "Keaton, please!"

     "Look, Noah. I don't want you to talk to me, to sit by me, to hug me, to kiss me, to do anything with me. I can't trust what you say anymore. The only time we will be together is school, and that's that. Okay?" I explained.

     "Keaton, I am so sorry that they did this to you. Don't believe anything they say. They're just jealous of you."

     "Jealous of me?! Look at them, Noah! They're stylish and gorgeous. Why would they ever on earth be jealous of me?" I sobbed.

     He stepped closer to me. "Because," he whispered. "You're beautiful, you're funny, you're smart, you're popular..."

     I looked down as his list went on. His voice was in a hushed tone and it soothed me. My anger just disappeared. I wasn't sure if it was because his voice sounded like Morgan Freeman, if it was just because he was complimenting me, or because his presence made my knees weak.

     "Best of all you're genuine," He finished. "They're jealous that you don't need to hide yourself behind makeup or designer clothes, like they do. Just to get a boy's glance."

     I didn't answer, because I was absolutely speechless. He was a genius with the girl mind; he knew exactly how mean girls worked. It surprised me, leaving a small smile on my face.

     "Oh, I see a smile!" he chuckled. The corners of my mouth lifted into a bigger smile. "Keep it coming!" 

     I eventually started laughing and hugged his muscular body. He hugged back, tightly. I could hear his heartbeat, he was hugging to tightly.

     "Thank you, Noah," I said, into his neck. He didn't kiss me like I thought he would.

     "I'm sorry, okay? Don't listen to them, just trust me, okay? I'm excited for next week," he chuckled, as our hug ended. I grinned at him and nodded.

     "Me, too."

     "I better get going," he said. "Good job on your test. I saw your grade."

     "Thanks," I smiled. He turned around and walked to his car. I hopped in my own and drove home, in a really neutral mood.

At that moment, I wished I still had friends to gush to about Noah, but none of them cared about me.

————————

Thanks for reading Love you all :) Please... check out my other stories if you haven't! I swear they're all shorter than this. For now at least!

Stay strong okay? <3

-alyssa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 156 37
Danni Adams moves to a new school for her last year of high school hoping to start off new. She has the mind set of focusing on school, and staying o...
909K 28K 103
Finally, it was the first day of Kaila's senior year at Salvia High. Under the right circumstances she would have seen today as exciting. But these w...
29.4K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
5.6K 130 24
Katlyn is newly a freshman at her high school. She hopes this year her parents FINALLY let her date because it would actually make since, but she isn...