What's Behind Curtain Number...

Oleh Triszjhkha

Justice Knight is a spunky college student with a gay best friend, Henry, for a side kick. Or maybe it's the... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
The Askee
Not All Little Girls Wanted Unicorns
Waiting For Nothing
Too Gay To Notice
Many Isn't Always Merry
Taking Chances
Guts...
Just a moment of your life
Butterfly Kisses
I'd Come For You
~Almost~
I'm Movin' On
A Little Bit Stronger
Time Will Reveal
I Won't Give Up
If I Ain't Got You *part1*
If I Ain't Got You *Part2*
Epilogue

Let's Start At The End

6.1K 92 5
Oleh Triszjhkha

Justice's POV

"Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant." -Henry David Thoreau 

"Ok, that's all for today guys!" the director, Henry, shouted as the cast and crew applauded and started fixing up to leave.

I dumed my things on one of the vacant seats outside the technical booth of our school's theatre and slumped on the seat beside it with a groan, still with my headset on, a script in hand. I ran my free hand through my hair and threw my head back on the chair.

"Tired?" I heard Henry asked through the headset.

"Very." I groaned.

"Too tired for a drink?"

"I think I'll pass." I looked down at him and he was watching me from the stage.

It was our annual college play and we had just finished out third dress rehearsal of the day. The play will be next week and the new actors we got seem to still be oblivious of the where stage right and upper stage right were.

"But it's our thing Justice." He whined.

 "No Henry." I said, sliding down my seat.

Don't get me wrong, I am not turning him down or anything lovey dovey. You see, Henry Jacob Andersen is gay. He is as gay as any man can get and is proud of it, to prove that are the gold shoes he is wearing right now.

"I'm seriously tired and I have a terrible headache with all the bickering and the fighting of your diva actresses." I hissed through the mich, "I swear if I hear another whining I'll quit."

Henry clapped his hand to get everyone's attention, "Ok, if I hear any more whining from any of you guys- crew or cast- I swear to the muses of arts and proclaimers of heroes, I will kick you out of this theatre hall, you wouldn't know what hit you and you will forever- FOREVER!" he stressed, "Forever fear theatre halls, do you understand me?"

I grinned watching my best friend putting on his diva side while the people around him say yes out of fear or out of amusement. Either way, they'd think twice before going against the Henry Jacob Andersen.

"Thank you." I said into the talkies we still had on.

"So does that earn at least a thank you drink?" he asked.

I chuckled, "Fine, but just two rounds then I'm gone."

"Yes!" he cheered on the stage, then he sent me a flying kiss with both hands, "I love you Justice, you are the best!"

I raised my hand and gave him the flip, "I know!"

His laughs echoes through the hall as he walkto the backstage, to change, no doubt.

I sighed and pushed myself out of the chair. I was at the far end of the hall where I could view all the audience area and the dimly lit stage- the reason of my headache. Our technical guy suddenly got sick and, as the assistant director, I had to fill in for him. Migraine and lights just never went well together.

I made my way to the stage, waving good bye to some of the crew along the way, the stage had been set up and was almost done. The music sheets were finished and the costumes were all in perfect shape.

I smiled as I look around and smelled the familiar scent of a theatre hall. It was different from the movie theatre of course which is usually tainted with the scent of pop corn, sticky floor caused by spilled soda or other forms of liquid thrown on the floor- I don't want to be specific.

This year, Henry and I decided to make a musical making use of all my composition. It was a win- win situation seeing we can both use the extra credit. I am a music major as Henry was into theatre, if it isn't obvious enough.

We started doing annual plays when we were in our freshmen year. Back then we just pretty much invited whoever we can to watch and pulled out favors from friends who we know would love to get a chance to play on stage.

Money wasn't that much trouble seeing Henry is rich, his mom is a broadway actress and his dad is a producer. They supported him from the very start, gay or not. I on the other hand, well, not that I'm scavenging for food or anything, its more of I'm too stubborn to ask money from my family.

Ever since my dad died, my mom barely gives a damn about me and wallows in her pain by working away, far- far away. Ok so maybe we aren't really that poor, we do have several companies and corporations and stuff, but seriously all I know is the name and that's that.

What can I say? I wasn't into the family business.

Well, there is one. The music company that my dad built, it was practically an empire now producing a lot of big names that I'm not allowed to mention.

But like I said, I don't ask money from my mom, my dad had left me an amount that will probably last me two decades, not to mention he even left me my own wedding fund- not that I have any plans in the near future, but hey! It's nice that someone thinks I will eventually get married.

 But after what happened last time...

I pushed the memory out my mind as I walked up to the stage, toward the grand piano and sat down. I ran my fingers on the keys and started to play a song I always play whenever I remember that certain moment in my life, I closed my eyes as the cue to sing comes.

 "Close enough to start a war,
 All that I have is on the floor...
 God only knows what we're fighting for,
 All that I say, you always say no...
 Cause I can't keep up with your turning tables
 Under your thumb I can't breathe...
 Cause I won't let you close enough to hurt me
 No I won't ask you, you would just desert me
 I can't give you, the heart you think you gave me,
 It's time to say goodbye, to turning tables...
 Turning tables..."

I shifted leaping the second verse and move to the bridge,

"Next time I'll be braver, I'll be my own savior,
When, the thunder calls for me...
Next time I'll be braver, I'll be my own savior
Standing on my own two feet..."

I held the last note until I was out of breath. So I stared at the keys for a second, catching my breathe and continued to a mellow version of the chorus,

"Cause I won't let you, close enough to hurt me,
No I won't ask you, you would just desert me
I can't give you, the heart you think I gave me,
It's time to say good bye- its time to say good bye..."
I paused after a high note, and continued.
"Turning tables..." I ended in almost a whisper.

I closed my eyes and listened until I reached the last note and stared at the keys of the piano. It didn't make me feel better, but it did burn a bit of anger and frustration.

To my surprise, someone from the audience applauded. I looked around, but the lights from above were shining too brightly that I had to squint and cover my eyes.

"Hey..." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Oh, hey Liam." I smiled.

Liam is our creative director, we've worked with him several times, he is a great artist and is taking up advertising. He is one of the quiet guys in our annual group.

According to Henry he is a lady's man, dating anyone he could just because he can. That the last girl friend he had was the reason that he became the man he is now.

So as much as he looks hot with his deep green eyes, long golden brown hair and the most heart breaking smile you'll ever see, I stay away.

No need to remind me... I thought.

"All this time I was wondering if you really are a Music major." He was walking up the stage now, "I guess I should never doubt you again."

I rolled my eyes, "I just didn't want to play here at school, that's all."

"So, I've noticed." He teased as he walked toward me, "Though a pretty sad choice of song, don't you think?"

"Well..." I sighed, "It's an amazing song-"

"Which you sang amazingly." He noted.

I looked away, fighting off the blush that I felt coming. "Thanks." I grinned at him, "Sad I wasn't able to satisfy you enough."

He stifled a laugh, "Well, maybe you can sing me some more."

"Nice try, but no." I shook my head and stood up. "I don't want to damage your hearing. You'd need that in the long run."

He chuckled, "Are you serious? Have you heard yourself sing?" he sighed, "Well, I guess I'm asking for too much. I mean, I'm only the guy who you've been asking favors of doing tarps, posters, tickets, flyers and not to mention your set." He dropped his mouth as if in shock, mocking me.

I rolled my eyes, amused, and sat back down. "Fine." I said, he gave me one of his famous smiles as I thought of a song that he'd probably like. "So I'm guessing you aren't into Bieber?"

"For the love of all that is good, no." he groaned, making me laugh. Then a song came into mind.

"I know..." I said and put my fingers on the keys again and started to play.

"Hmm, hm... 
You by the light is the greatest find..."

I glanced over at him and he just smiled. So I looked back at the keys and continued.

"In a world full of wrong,
You are the thing that's right...
Finally made it to the lonely, to the other side..."

I smiled to myself before continuing, remembering how much I loved playing for an audience before my dad died.

"You set it again my heart's in motion,
Every word fills like a shooting star
I'm at the edge of my emotion,
Watching the shadows burning in the dark...
Cause I'm in love, and I'm terrified
For the first time and the last time in my only life..."

I looked up at him, waiting for judgement. And i guess i was looking a bit too enthusiastic cause after staring at me for a second he chuckled and cocked his head sideward.

"Almost, but not quite." he said.

"Well, you need to tell me or you'll be running out of free concert tix." I said.

He grinned and to my surprise he moved toward me and gestured to the space beside me, "May I?"

I quickly made space for him and he sat beside me. He grinned as he stared at the keys and ran his fingers over it, then hes tarted to play.

And I must say, he was pretty good. He was gentle and very precise. And to top it all off, he began to sing.

"I can only give you love that lasts forever
And the promise to be near each time you call
And the only heart I know, for you and you alone
That's all... that's all...
I can only give you country walks in spring time,
And a hand to hold when leaves begins to fall
And a love whose burning light
Could warm the winter nights,
That's all... that's all..."

He looked up at me, I smiled and bit my lip. I was feeling a giggle trying to escape out of me. I didn't know where it came from, but I knew it was because on how he was staring at me right now. And the song, his voice... pretty much the moment.

"There are those who I'm sure
Who have told you
They would give you the world, for tonight
All I have are these arms to enfold you...
And a lifetime can necer destroy...
If you're wondering what I'm asking in return dear,
You'd be glad to know that my demands are small,
Say its me that you'll adore, from now and ever more,
That's all, that's all..."

He smiled as I watched him playing with so much love and gentleness, that I can't help but to be amaze.

"If you're wondering what I'm asking in return dear,"

He wiggled his eye brows and i couldn't help but stifle a short laugh and looked away as he continued to play and sing. I dared to look up at him again, and that right there where it all began. He was staring at me too, he caught my eyes and locked it with his as he continued to sing.

"You'd be glad to know that my demands are small,
Say its me that you'll adore, from now and ever more,
That's all, that's all..."

I wanted too look away, but his eyes... God, could they get any more beautiful? Slowly, I noticed that he broke contact and glanced at my lips for a second, when he start to lean forward.

What are you doing Justice?! A voice in my mind shouted at me. Pull back! Pull back now!!

But no matter what my brain demand I can't respond, in fact I seem to be doing the exact opposite. I was leaning forward, closing the gap.

My brain was going haywire, as I can actually feel his breath near me and I closed my eyes, wanting to remember that moment.

Who cares if he was a player? I thought, it wasn't as if I was dating anyone, or I was to date him or something, right?

But before I can answer my question-

"Ok, let's go Justice!"

Liam and I stopped. My eyes wide open as we stared at each other for a mili second before he stood up beside the piano and I turned to face the piano again.

"Oh hey Liam!" Henry greeted.

"Hey..." Liam says, a bit too nervous. "Uhm, I just came to drop the painting you asked for."

"Oh yes..." Henry followed Liam to the edge of the stage.

Liam jumped down at the edge and walked to the front sit of the theater, I kept my eyes on him as he handed a canvas to Henry who is gushing at Henry's work, as always. Then he turned to me and showed me the painting.

"Isn't it amazing Tease?"

I stared at the painting that turned to look like an aged photo, it was of a girl holding music sheets, but her back ground showed reality, the reality that music is nowhere in it.

"I- it's beautiful..." I said.

"I know!" Henry cheered. "You are amazing Liam, I swear, I will auction this to the audience if you aren't taking it back."

"Oh, well, I'm giving it to you guys, so I guess you can do whatever you want with it." He said, glancing my way.

"Its ours?! Seriously?!"

I caught Liam grin and scratch his head, embarrassed. "Yeah."

I grinned, amused of the sight. The great player, embarrassed by my gay best friends, what a sight!

"Oh, Tease, this would look so good in our leaving room, don't you think?!" he ran over to me and started blabbing to where he'll be putting the painting once we got home.

I just nodded at every word he say and agreed without really listening to him.

I glanced at Liam again, and he was staring at me as well, this time with a smile. I smiled back then look back at Henry.

"Yes, Henry, you can put it on the main hall." I shrugged.

I had to give in or he'll never shut up. And that isn't good when you are living together. Yeah, the loft that my dad bought me is now split between me and Henry. It was enough to house six people, but that would be too crowded for Henry and I, besides, we don't have a third person in our two man show, never had never will.

Henry and I had been friends since we were kids and we knew each other well enough. Adding a third wheel on the equation would just mess things up for us.

"Yes!" he says, "This definitely calls for a celebration." Henry then turns to Liam again, "Would you want to join us for a drink Liam?"

He shook his head, "I can't."

Henry laughs, " I forgot, the great Liam Montgomery is busier at night." Liam chuckled and glanced at me again, the moment he looked away I frowned, "Your place or hers?"

"None." He said, "It's business."

"Ooh," Henry says, impress, "hot."

"Anyway, I can't be late, so I'll see you tomorrow for the final rehearsal?" he says.

"Yeah, we'll be starting at 9 am." Henry says.

"Great!" Liam says. "I'll see you then. Bye Henry!"

"Bye Liam." Henry greeted.

"Justice..." he says with a tip of his head.

"Yeah, see you Liam..." I said in almost a whisper.

We watched as he ran off and left. I shrugged and finally relaxed.

"Hey," Henry walked up to me, "you ok? You're looking a bit flushed."

"No, I mean, I'm cool, no worries." I forced a smile and stood up. "Let's go, Need Mead awaits!"

"To the Need Mead!" Henry raised his hands pointing his pointy finger in the air, like Batman does to show Robynn where her paked the batmobile.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I parked my Ducatti 1198 inside the mall a corner away from Need Mead seeing that security there wasn't that top of the notch. I didn't want even a drop of alcohol or sweat from some drunk on my baby.

Henry parked his car, a Lamborghini Estoque- hey he may be gay, but he has some boy genes left in him when it comes to rides. We've actually stayed at home fixing and pimping up- anyway, he parks across from me as I took off my helmet and strap it on top of my motorcycle. 

"Gawd," he walks toward me as he locks his car, "we so deserve this night out Tease."

"Stop calling me that." I said, "You don't want some random guy thinking you're with your girl friend."

"Well, if they will stealing you away from me and be giving you some so you won't be such a grouch all the time, I don't mind." He said.

"Some best friend you are." I said.

 "Yes," he raised his chin as we enter the mall, "well, the whole world will benefit having one less grouchy person."

 I had to stifle a laugh on that one. We walked through the crowded mall and was bumped on by some girls along the way who didn't even bother saying sorry.

 "What the hell?" I snapped as I rubbed the shoulder she hit.

 "The mall is quite full tonight." Henry says.

 "Wow, thank you captain obvious." I whined as we continued to walk on. "I swear if I get hit again I'll-"

This time it was a guy who bumped into me, almost knocking me down, but the guy grabbed my wrist just in time and pulled me back on my feet into his chest.

 "Oh sorry I- Justice?"

 I looked up and saw the last person I wanted to see.

 "Daniel." I said pushing myself away from here.

 "Hey," he gave me the kilowatt smile of his that made my world turn 180 and back, "how are you?"

 "Fine." I said.

 "Hey Dan." Henry greeted, with a hint of sneer.

 "Oh, hi Henry." He says, "You guys here for the show then?"

 "What show?" Henry asked.

 "Certain Curtain is doing a show and pulling random people to be on it." He said.

 "Certain Curtain?" i asked. "The dating game?"

Yes, there is such a show even now, in the 21st century, where three girls or guys sits behind a curtain while a person of the opposite sex ask questions about them. The one asking the questions have three choices, he'll be eliminating one every round... on the third round, there is still a chance for the last person to be eliminated. But they'll still be giving the prices like a reward, some cash, a trip to somewhere, and another cameo role when at the end of the year updating on their lives.

"No wonder the place is as full as Need Mead." Henry said, "Speaking of which, we need to go. It's not so great seeing you Dan, but booze awaits us."

"Oh, well..." he frowned.

"Let's go." Henry pulled me away and we half jogged away.

"Justice wait!" Dan called, and seeing that I am stupid old me I turned and faced him.

"What?" I asked, as cold as I could. I guess am not that stupid.

"I just want to apologize-"

"Danny baby, there you are!" we looked over his shoulder and saw a girl that was in dire need of shopping. My handkerchief could cover more than what she was wearing. Then her eyes fell on me and frowned. "Oh, I'm sorry..."

"Yeah, whatever..." I rolled my eyes and turned to leave.

"Justice-"

"You know what Dan?" I snapped, "Just drop it, I think I made myself quite clear when I cut off all my connections to you that I don't ever want to see or talk to you again."

"But-"

"Find someone else to drive you around, make you a recording label and screw you all at the same time, cause I hell will not be that girl!" I snapped and grabbed Henry by the hand and pulled him away from the scene that I unfolded. "Let's go."

"A moment." He says, and turned to Dan and the girl, "For the record Dan boy, you aren't that big a loss." He glanced down at Dan's body and to his feet then sneered again, "Not that big at all"

Then he turned to the girl, "As for you, I suggest that you put on a little more clothes on if you want to be seen on TV, I hear camera adds ten pounds."

Her mouth dropped open in an instant and turned to Dan, "Does it really? Am I fat Dan?"

Dan rolled his eyes in frustration and glared at Henry and I. But I just smirked at my best friend's double meaning innuendo as Henry walked back to me and we descended on the escalator.

"Well that was fun." Henry says. "And I just have to say that you were so hot back there."

I chuckled, "Are you going straight on me now?"

He laughs and gave me a look, "Don't force your luck sister."

I laughed and we walked arm linked to the mall exit. Ten more minutes and we'll be drowning in booze, yes, I've changed my mind. After and encounter like that with Dan and the little incident with Liam made me want to drink, screw hang over!

"Hey, miss, wait!" someone shouted from behind us. "Miss!"

Henry and I turned around and saw a man running after us with a clipboard on his hand. Henry and I looked around.

"You!" he shouted, "beautiful wavy brunette hair and beautiful smokey eyes, you!"

I pointed a finger at me. "Me?"

"Yes, come with me please." He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me back inside the mall.

"What?!" I shouted and struggled, "Hey! Let me go! What the fuck!"

"Ok, rule number one, no cursing on air."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I snapped.

"Rule number two, you answer, no asking."

"I'm gonna ask every damn question I have when someone is fucking dragging me halfway to the mall to hell knows where you ass!"

"Again, no swearing." He snapped.

Suddenly we came to a stop. Only to notice that Henry had stepped up in front of the guy, arms crossed and not looking happy.

"Let her go, now." He snarled.

The guy seemed to size him up, "No." he says and walked pass Henry with me in tow.

"Let my best friend go before I break into summersaults and back flips until my ninja moves hit you." Henry grabbed my other hand and pulled me.

"I don't have enough time for this." The man snarled.

"Well, just let me go then." I snapped, "My best friend is serious about those ninja moves and if you aren't lucky he'll also go all Annie and sing you how the sun won't come out tomorrow for you!"

It was beginning to be a tug of war and the man was winning. But he obviously got tired of me and Henry fighting him off and let me go causing us to fall on our butts.

"What the fuck-"

"Ok, so maybe I should have explained first." He said and lent out a hand, "I'm Ronald Higgins, producer of the Certain Curtain, and I want you to be on it."

"Uh, no?" I gave him the are you crazy look and turned to Henry who gawking at the man. "Let's go Henry and wipe off your drool."

"Wait Justice," Henry stepped up and held me by the wrist, a little too tight for my liking, "so you are putting her on the show?"

"Yes." Ronald Higgins confirmed.

"Will she be the askee or behind the curtain?" I caught the producer grin at the word Henry obviously made.

"Curtain." He said.

"Aww, it would have been so cool if she was the askee." Henry says, but then perked up again, "Anyway, lead the way."

"What?!" I nudged him on the arm, but he had a death grip on me.

"It'll be so cool if you win this Justice, I mean, I'm so sure you'll win this." Henry said.

"So am I." Ronald says and smirked. "I saw that little stunt you pulled on the guy upstairs and I thought I'm sick of flirting and giggling on this show, I need a girl who don't take crap from anyone and has the brain for witty remarks."

"Are you two mental?" I asked, "Guys falls for girls who they can manipulate and use. Having me trample all over there dignity on live TV won't make me win their hearts to choose me you know."

"That's where you are wrong little miss." Ronald says with a little bow, "Every guy has this thing for challenges. Once he sees that you are trying to get a go on their ego they'll be pulling every stops so they can get a head up on you."

"That is true, Justice." Henry agreed

"And since when did you know these things?" I snapped at him.

"Since I am a guy." He rolled his eyes, "I may be gay, but I still do have a guys genes you know? Why do you think I don't give crap to that ex of your?"

"Cause you can kick his butt." I said as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Henry and Ronald laughed, "Tease, I may be into kick boxing, gymnastics and parkour, but that can only match me so much to that football star ex of yours."

"Ah, the badly use cliché in the history of man," Ronald smiled at me, "the smart, beautiful girl falling for the quarterback and getting her heart broken, while the guy goes around sleeping with anyone with holes."

"Don't forget that he is now back, crawling on his knees apologizing and asking for a second chance."

I rolled my eyes, "He wasn't on his knees or asking for a second chance, he just randomly felt guilty and apologized-"

"Same difference." Henry says.

"Potato- potatoe." Ronald adds.

"The answer is still no." I said as I try to storm off forgetting Henry's dead hold on me.

"Oh c'mon Justice it can't be that bad." Henry whined, "You'll never know, you might end up with a guy who's as sweet as Liam."

I looked up at him, "Wh-what are-"

"Oh come of it, I know he isn't the best example right now, but at least he has the decency not to date girls all at the same time. He just don't settle." Henry says pulling me toward the escalator, with Ronald beside him.

"Hm, you seem to have a thing for bad guys." Ronald says.

"How would you know?" I snapped, "Henry just called him sweet didn't he?"

"Doesn't date girl at the same time means he isn't into settling, therefor would prefer jumping form one bed to another."

"Does all guys think of is sex?" I snapped causing some people to turn my way.

"No." Ronald and Henry says in unison.

"We also think of how to get the best girl-" he glanced at Henry and grinned, "or guy. Then the planning of how to be exclusive with them."

"And that all leads to getting in their pants." I pointed.

"Well, still it isn't the deed itself." Henry tells me with a wink.

We were now walking toward a huge tent where half a dozen of guards were standing around. The moment they saw Ronald though they stepped aside and made room for us to enter.

 We stepped inside the tent and was in a prop up dressing room.

"Urgh, i can't do this..." i whined and turned around, but Henry pulled me back and made me face Higgins.

"Look, Justice, right?" he said, "Think about this, you'll be given a chance to talk here, and i'm giving you the freedom to talk trash about that no good ex of yours if you want to, just out of spite or maybe just because my askee" he glanced at Henry this time, "asked you about it. I don't care. What I do care aboout is giving guys out there something to think about when they're playing with girls like you."

i gave him a look, "What is it with you and breaking hearts?"

He shrugged, "Just do it Justice."

"Fine." i snapped. "But just because I get the sheer luck of trash talking Dan."

"Yes!" Henry cheered.

 "There you are Mr. Higgins!" someone shouted over all the mess and buzzing. "We only have five minutes until airing and I still need to instruct your candidate..." she looks at Henry, "Uhm, sir, you are aware we need a girl, right?"

 "Oh!" Henry laughed and shook his head, "Not me, my best friend." He carelessly pulled me in front of her, "Justice."

 "Justice," Ronald chuckled, "we still have five minutes, maybe you can tell Janice here about yourself and the story behind your name?"

 "What? But-"

 "Oh, that would be fun." Henry says as the Janice girl who was now looking me over gave a nod and pulled me to a chair in front of a mirror. "Anyway, I'll see you later Tease, break a leg!"

 "I'll break your neck after this..." I mumbled, making him laugh and gave me a kiss on the temple and left with Ronald.

 Then Janice stood behind me and looked me over and shook her head. "This won't do."

 Yes! I thought.

 "Make up!" she called, then she smiled over my shoulder and looked at me on the mirror, "I don't know why you do this, but you have such beautiful blue eyes, you shouldn't be hiding them, lets make them pop out, should we?"

 "But I-"

 "You hollered Janice?" a gay guy asked sounding bored.

 "Yes, I want natural look on this one." She said. "The make up would just ruin the whole innocent and soft feature, don't you think?"

 The gay guy gave me a look, "For once we agree Janice." He said, then he smiled at me sweetly, one that reached his eyes, unlike the one he gave Janice. "Hi I'm Kevin, your make up artist."

 "Justice." I reached out my hand for a hand shake.

 "Cool name, but I hope you aren't a back seat driver like the two I had to fix up earlier."

 "Oh, uhm, I drive a motorcycle, so no, I don't-"

 "You drive a motorcycle?" Janice asked and wrote that down.

 "Yeah, a ducatti 19-"

 "Wow, rich kid." Kevin says as he starts pulling wipes and removing my make up. "So is daddy some kind of oil magnate? Or CEO of Facebook?"

 "I think that guy is too young to be my dad." I said, amused.

 "Close your eyes." He said, and I did. "So what is he suppose to be?"

 "He's dead actually." I said, trying not to sound too emotional. Everyone stopped and I opened my eyes and saw them all staring at me. I gave them a sad smile, "Yeah, unfortunately he is. But he was cool," I start to reminisce about my dad in my mind.

"He was the perfect dad any girl can ask for. Not just because he gives you everything you want, but because he was always there. Every recital, plays, projects..." I stifled a laugh as I dropped my stare at the table of make up in front of me, "the whole volcano- lava she bang... we did that. He taught me to drive, dropped me off to my prom in a limousine he drove while he gave my date the rundown of what he'll do to him if his hand got even an inch high or low my waist."

 I sighed and fought off the tears that was filling in my eyes, "He was just perfect."

 "Oh, I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to..."

 I shook my head and chuckled. "Its cool, a few things in my life that I love to reminisce about." I smiled at Kevin, I think I was beginning to like him. Mental note, introduce Kevin to Henry. "Anyway, yes, he was a CEO for some companies that I can't talk about for security puposes."

 "Well, how about a hint?"

 "Well, he is an owner of a recording label?" I suggested but came out as a question.

 "Well, that narrows it down." Janice says. "What about mother?"

 "Witch." I instantly said. "The complete opposite of my dad; even before he died. We never really got along. She wanted me to go to some prestigious music school which I got a scholarship for, but I turned it down. I didn't want music to be work, you know? Its supposed to be for enjoyment, to be inspired, she just saw it as a source of money."

 "Hm, interesting..." Janice says.

 "Any siblings?" Kevin asked, "Maybe a brother who is as beautiful as you?" he glanced at me with a grin, "I say beautiful because I'm hoping he is gay."

 I giggled, "I do have a brother, but I'm pretty sure he's straight with all the girls he brings home."

 "Well, maybe he fixes up their do."

 "Oh, so bed head is in then?" I teased. He scrunched up his nose making me laugh again, "He's like my dad, sweet, doesn't take crap from my mom and well, he is the big man at home now I guess, so I barely see him anymore."

 "So he had taken your dad's position?"

 "You can say that." I said with a frown, "But before that he was a beach bum, you know the wash board abs and baby blue eyes, dark hair, body covered with sand on movies?"

 They both nodded, "You can cast him right there and then, and he'll be in his natural element."

 "Wow..." Kevin says.

 "Hey, no drool on the hair." I teased.

 He stifled a laugh, "Oh, well, with the sound of your brother he is definitely drool worthy."

 "Yeah... I guess..." I smiled. "He can be annoying sometimes, especially when he would go all over-protective brother on me, urgh! He was the captain of the football team when I was in high school, that also meant I was hands off to guys, unless he agrees."

 "So I'm guessing he was with your dad in the limousine?" Kevin asked.

 "A tag team who would have probably ruled the WWE." I said with a laugh.

 "Look up please." Kevin says holding an eyeliner, I did as told. I completely forgot that we were supposed to be preparing for the show. That's when my hands start to shake.

 "Shit..." I mumbled.

 "Why?" Janice asked checking the things she wrote. "What's wrong?"

 "Nothing, just... a little nervous..." I said.

 She smiled and gave me a pat on the back, "You'll do fine, Justice, I promise. You'll be hiding behind a curtain anyway."

 "Then what's the make up for?" I asked.

 "In case you win," Kevin says, "and I am rooting for you. The guy is so worth the effort."

 "Guy?"

 "Hey, no hints." Janice warns and went back to her notes. Before Kevin made face at her.

 "Oh, c'mon Janice, just a little?" I asked, she glanced at me and I gave her my infamous puppy dog eyes. She rolled her eyes and looked around and moved closer.

"Fine, so here's the thing, this guy is the sweetest, almost dorky. The girls in the nearby school actually voted that he'd be the guest for the show. The thing is, he has been in love with this girl for ages, it's ridiculous! He said he has been working with her for years and he just can't seem to ask her out, and he's supposed to be a lady's man right?"

"Well, there'll always be an exception." Kevin whispered, I feel stupid gossiping about someone I didn't' even know.

"Wait," I said, "if he's in love with a girl, why would he join this dating contest then?" I asked.

Janice shrugged, "I don't really know." Janice shrugged, "But I swear, if he tells me at this very moment that he is in love with me, I won't be thinking twice in shouting that I love him back."

"Yeah..." Kevin gave him a grossed out look, "let's keep the limelight on Justice, and your head out of the clouds." Janice gave him a glare and she leaned on the table in front of me. "So your name..."

I rolled, "Can we just not talk about that?"

"Why? I think it's cool." Kevin says as he moved to my hair and started brushing it.

"It's just a crazy mistake." I said, "My dad doesn't actually have the best penmanship, he wrote Janice." I glanced at Janice, "But the guy at the office read it as Justice. So there, really stupid."

"Well, aren't you the lucky one not to be named after such a grouch PA?" Kevin says.

"Hey..." Janice scowled, "I'm not a grouch, you try to deal with this stuck up guests all day."

 "I do sweety, remember?" he then put his hand over my shoulder, leaned forward and smiled at me, "But this one is no stuck up." I smiled at him sweetly, making him laugh, "I swear, if I wasn't gay, I'd probably be flirting with you Justice."

 I stifled a laugh, "Well, I have a gay best friend who's pretty much like me, maybe you can flirt with him."

 He shook his head, "I don't need an extra mouth to feed."

 "But you aren't listening, Kevin." I said, "He is exactly like me."

 "Like a twin?" he raised a brow.

 "I hope we were." I said, "I'll introduce you two later."

 "That's right, 'cause I need you to be on the booth now." Janice says, snatching me up.

 "But she hasn't seen herself-"

 "No time!" Janice shouted as we ran through the mess and toward a curtain that leads to the booth.

 "Ok, so basically no swearing, no dropping of hints, no sexual innuendos, no giving out of real name. As of now, you are girl 3."

 "Girl 3." I repeated, my heart pumping like crazy. Then I gave her a face, "Girl 3? That sucks."

 Janice laughed, "Well, at one point in time you have to have a suckishly ugly name." then he gave my shoulder a squeeze. "Good luck Justice."

 I smiled, "Thanks." Then she made me face the exit and pushed me into the booth.

 And the moment I took that sit, I knew there was no turning back for one reason...

THEY HAVE SEEN MY LEGS! Therefore, my presence.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/n 

Hope you enjoyed this as much as i did writing and conceptualizing it...

Songs are:

Turning Tables by Adele

Terrified by Katherine McPhee

That's All, a rendition of Michael Buble

vote and comment! please and thank you! :)

xoxo
Triszjhkha 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

158K 5.1K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...
533 29 14
Life can be messed up for real. It comes with lots of shocking unexpectations and painful realities and trust you find so hard to escape. My life...
Phones Oleh darc

Fiksi Penggemar

36.5K 2.2K 11
Ring...ring....ring...ring... A few people glance towards the table. Beam looks down at his phone. However, he doesn't answer it. Pha glances at Bea...
153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...