Alpha Sol's Keep

Oleh MB-1992

When his presence was far enough, Sol stalked closer to her. Un noticing him, he laid on his stomach and cont... Lebih Banyak

Until Next Time
Ten Years Later
The Mate Chase
Nightmare
M A D E L I N E
S O L K N I G H T
A Fight To Take Caution Of
Sunken Heart
S O L - M A D E L I N E
The Change. The Marking. The Fight
W A R N I N G ! A D U L T C O N T E N T !
She's An Alpha
From Good To Bad
From Bad To Worst: Part One
From Bad To Worst: Part Two
From Bad To Worst: Part Three
From Bad To Worst: Part Four
Taking Down The Enemy
Destruction From Within
A Heavy Heart - Rewritten
THE END !

M A D E L I N E

18.9K 816 57
Oleh MB-1992

When I awoke, I was in a bed and in a different room. Pushing myself up, I sat in bed and looked around the dark room. It was silent so it only means I was the only one in here. Getting up slowly and wincing from the pain in my side, I made my way to find the light switch.

Turning it on which it had blinded me painfully, my eyes soon adjusted to find a equally same sized room as Alpha Sol's but just slightly smaller. Walking to the attached bathroom, I went and did my thing.

Washing my hands, I looked myself in the mirror and Doctor Jared was right. I didn't look so good. You could see my distinct jawline. I lifted up my shirt and cringed. Through the bandage, my body that was average sized was now looking like an hour glass shape.

My hair looked disgustingly greasy and there were dark bags under my eyes. "I should at least clean myself up," I mumbled then turned off the water to the sink and turned the water on to the shower.

Walking over to the small closet, I pulled out a towel and made sure the bathroom was locked. Stripping down, I scowled down at the bandage but made myself take the bandage off.

Everything, off.

The wound on my side has now left a long scar along with the wound on my chest. I unstrapped the cast on my wrist and undid the bandage. Pressing and lightly massaging the fading bruise, I smiled in relief when I didn't feel any pain.

I entered the shower and the luke warm water cascaded all over my body. I took my time rinsing and cleaning myself to make sure any excess blood was gone.

After my shower, I dried myself completely off then put on a black silk robe that was hanging on a hook in the small closet. Putting it on, I groaned inwardly.

The robe showed off my whole body. Every curve and bump there was to show. "Everybody should be asleep by now anyways," I whispered.

So with an agreeable nod, I tied the string around my waist and dried my hair with a towel as I exited the bathroom.

And upon doing so, Alpha Sol sat on the edge of the bed leaning forward on his elbows. He looked deep in thought with his brows scrunched up in what it had looked like anger. Or maybe it was confusion.

I cover myself up with the towel in my hands as it blocked most of my body. "Alpha?" I quietly called out.

I peeked at his face as he was as still as a statue.

But so was I.

I haven't notice how good looking the Alpha was. He had a godly strong jawline and short stubs that covered it just perfectly. His sharp nose and his full bottom lip.

I looked away from him and straightened up to recompose myself. I cleared my throat, "Alpha?"

He blinked a few times and then snapped his eyes to look at me. "Can, I help you?" I asked slowly.

His dark gaze started to roam down my body making my inside twist weirdly. I gripped the towel in my hand tightly and brought it closer.

"What are you doing up?" He asked with a husky voice making my heart pound against my chest. His eyes, still roaming me over.

"I-I just woke up a few minutes ago," I explained.

Alpha Sol nodded then stood up and left without another word. I watched dumbfounded at what just happened. Moving my gaze back to the bed. "What...just happened?"

Minutes went to hours since I had went back to bed since it was only two in the morning. After turning off the lights, I laid on my side and sighed as my body relaxed against the soft mattress.

Soon when I was starting to drift off to sleep the door to the bedroom opened and close. I tried to pry my eyes open but I was so tired, I could barely keep them open.

Even so, I knew who it was. I could probably recognize his scent even from a hundred miles away.

The bed slowly dipped down as the cool air drifted under the blankets when he had lifted it up to get under it with me. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me towards him. Holding me securely, he stuffed his nose near my neck and ghostly left a kiss upon my skin. "Good night, mate," he whispered softly.

I was shaken awake and when I snapped my eyes open, Alpha Sol was looking down at me worriedly yet, he had fire in his eyes as if he could go on a killing spree.

"You were crying in your sleep," he said in his morning voice.

Tears were felt dripping down the side of my face as I sat up and wiped them away confused. Weird...I don't remember what I dreamed of.

I wiped my wet hand on the robe I was still wearing. "Why are you angry, Alpha?" I asked as I looked back up to him.

He concealed his anger by getting off the bed and went into the bathroom. Slamming the door and making me jump.

I waited until he came back out and sat closely in front of me, trapping me in place with both hands on either side of me. His eyes were still flickering furiously and shown of even more anger now. "My wolf hates the fact that he can't touch you," he started to say. "Hates it even more when he hears that you love someone else."

I looked at him even more confused. "You don't want me anyways so why would he have a problem with it?" I quietly asked.

His sudden growl made me jump and cower away. "Who told you that?" He gritted out.

I looked up at him with watery eyes. "It's true isn't it?" I asked quietly while keeping my voice steady. "Why did you bring me back if you didn't want me?"

He clenched his jaw. "Who. Told you?" He demanded his answer.

Tears dropped. Heart wrenching. "Answer me," I argued back angrily as more tears fell. His brows furrowed even more and his eyes start to blacken. "If you didn't want me, why did you bring me back? Why even save me?"

He stayed silent.

My lip trembled as I pressed then tightly together to stop it from doing so. "My Nana always said that a mate was suppose to love you forever and I believed in that for eleven years. You said that while I was asleep I had told someone I loved them and you're right," I softly said as I sniffled.

I licked my lips and laughed, looking away from his dark gaze. "I was young but I loved him. He made me feel at home. Safe. But the downfall to that was that his wolf looked similar to yours," I glared at him and pushed him away as I made my way to the bathroom and locked the door upon closing it.

After that, we avoided each other.

The Beta's wife, Taffiny, came knocking at the door with my duffle bag. I gave her a quick thanks and took it from her hands and shut the door in her face.

I was still angry but I should be thankful also. If it weren't for her spewing the truth then well....I don't know.

I changed into my clothes and sighed in relief. A knock was done at the door. "Butterfly, it's me," Doctor Jared said as I went and unlocked the door.

"Doctor Jared, come in," I said moving aside to open the door wider.

He entered as I shut the door and locked it. Doctor hared went over to the bed and placed his bag down. "Lets see how your wounds are," he said as he put on some gloves. "Lay on the bed."

I went and did as told. I lifted up my shirt as he checked the wounds carefully. "They're healing up nicely. But of course you will be scarred for life."

He moved away from me as I stood back up and fixed my shirt. "You know, Madeline," he started as he took his gloves off and went to the bathroom to throw them away. "You're actually not the shy type I thought you were."

"How so, Doc," I sighed out as I sat down and crossed my legs.

"When I first encountered you, you hadn't talked much and you had always shied away, keeping to yourself. And not only that, most girls would be blushing like crazy when I ask then to lift up their shirt."

I tilted my head. "But you're a doctor though. It should be alright. Right?"

He smiled, "I think I found a new best friend."

I looked at him confused then giggled. "I would love to be your friend, Doc."

He patted my head then grabbed his stuff and exited. "Don't go do anything stupid or else your wounds will open back up."

"Yes, boss," I said with a salute as he walked down the hall and I was following him.

"And please remember to feed yourself. You're as skinny as a stick."

I all but rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me, missy. I'll have Sonya make you her famous chicken noodle soup."

As we twisted and turned, we finally made it to the kitchen. "Sonya, dear, can you please make Miss Butterfly here your famous soup?" Doc asked as he sat down with a groan. "And I'll have some coffee. Black, please."

Sonya looked to me with a smile, "What did he say for you to eat?"

I sat down next to Doc, "He said he'll buy me a bag of starburst."

"I never said that," Doc argued.

"Fine. I don't want to eat anymore. I think I'll-" I was about to stand up when I was pulled back down on the chair.

"Alright! Alright! Damn it woman," he cursed as I grinned.

Sonya laughed and got to work right away. Soon as I know it, I had a steaming bowl of soup in front of me. I smiled, "Thank you Sonya."

She patted my head, "You're welcome dear. I better see it finished."

"Yes, ma'am," I practically sung out as both of them chuckled.

Just as I was about to begin eating, he, just had to enter.

Doctor Jared patted my back and sipped his coffee. From the corner of my eye, I can see him stand at the entrance of the doorway. His intense gaze on me burning through my head.

"What would you like to eat, Alpha?"

I continued to eat, minding my own business as good as possible.

"Just water. I need to get back to my paperwork," he said, not leaving his eyes off of me.

I slowly ate and then moved closer to Doctor Jared so he was blocking me from Alpha Sol. "You're making me blush, Sol. Stop staring," Doctor Jared sarcastically said as I stifled a giggle.

Doctor Jared looked over his shoulder to me and chuckled. "What a beautiful smile."

I looked up to him and playfully smacked his arm making him laugh louder. "Shut up," I mumbled then continue to ear my food. The door to the kitchen slammed open making me look up to find Alpha Sol gone.

Sonya placed her hands on her hips and glared at Doctor Jared. "Really Jared? Are you trying to kill someone?"

Doctor Jared all but shrugged his shoulders and continue to drink his coffee. "Maybe, maybe not."

After the little encounter, I went to the place where I had found out last time and when I got there, someone was sitting on the log. The guy turned around and gave me a boyish smile. "My name's Jackson. Alpha Sol has personally assigned me to be your guard."

"Oh," I said nodding. "I'm Madeline but call me Butterfly when we're around others. I don't want anyone else knowing my name other than you and Doctor Jared."

Jackson nodded, "As you please, Madeline."

I smiled and sat down on the ground with my back against the log as Jackson sat beside me. "Alpha had a feeling you'll be back so that's why I was waiting here."

I hummed. "Tell me all you know about your Alpha, Jackson," I yawned out as I brought my knees close and placed my head down on top of my arms to look at him.

Jackson looked to the sky, thinking. "Well, what do you want to know exactly?"

"How long has he been looking for his mate?"

"About...thirteen to fourteen years now? But rumor has it that he had found her but she was a little girl yet. Not even a day later, she went missing and never heard of again."

"Wait," I stopped him. "So...I'm his second chance mate?"

Jackson looked at me and nodded. "If, the rumors are true. Yes."

I looked at him for a long time and then looked away. "How long ago was this again?"

"Well, you don't find your mate until you turn seventeen and at that time, Alpha Sol didn't even think about looking for her and because he is the only son, his father, Alpha Axel, had handed the title over to Alpha Sol so he could retire."

"Two years later, there had been a reporting about a little girl trespassing so Alpha Sol went to take a look and that was when he found his first mate. So give or take about ten to eleven years now that he has been looking."

My mind went blank. Maybe it was a coincidence that there was another little girl and a big diamond wolf. No...it doesn't happen.

I bit my lip as the gears in my head started to turn. "Heard that they had lived in a little cottage east from here. Apparently the Alpha had been waiting for her for weeks and when she didn't show up like their agreement, he went out looking for her. Then when he came back he...was a different person."

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. I looked at Jackson as he looked back, eyes widening. "Are you okay? You look pale."

I stood up and pulled him up with me. "Take me to the spot they met."

He looked at me confused. "What? Why?"

I pulled his arm as I started heading east. "Come on, Jackson. I want to see the spot."

"Okay?" He slowly said then led the way there.

We got there. To the place. To...THEE place.

I took in a shaky breath and looked around the area. "This is the place," Jackson said as he walked around the area. "The place where the Alpha had fell in love with that little girl like most would do when they meet their mate."

I leaned against a tree and tried to steady my breathing. This can't be happening can it? "I uh....I need to be alone," I said as I held my stomach.

"Madeline, are you okay?" Jackson asked worriedly as he rushed over. I raised a hand for him to stop and pushed him away.

"Just go," I said as I held the vomit in.

Jackson slowly nodded and walked away. I turned around to see his build fading away. I turned back around and looked at the spot where I met Wolfy.

As soon as I know, I ran off the territory and followed the memory back to the little brown cottage in the middle of the woods. And I stood before it with sweat rolling down the sides of my face and with labored breathing.

It was still intact. Just how we left it.

I walked to the entrance with a heavy and fast beating heart. With each step I took, tears threatened to fall and when I finally reached the door I debated with myself as to whether or not I should enter.

My hands were shaking badly as I lifted them to open the door. Pushing it open and entering, I felt like the weight of the world pushed down on me. I looked around the messed up placed as everything was broken and thrown about.

I stood in the middle of the room as memories invaded in my mind painfully. Both the good and the bad. I took a deep breath and let a sob escape as it all but pierced my heart.

I looked around the room to find a broke picture-frame of me and Nana on the ground. I went over and picked it up, wiping away the dust that had built up. It was of her and me, smiling at a theme park she had taken me to.

The memories kept replaying and I felt so dizzy from it. I held onto the nearest wooden post and my breath became heavy.

The door slammed open to find Wolfy standing there seething. I looked at him with all the breath taken from me and soon fell unconscious.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

101K 5.9K 38
" Oh fuck!!" "Little one, I don't think it suits a baby to curse." " Hey!! Who are you calling little? I am a big girl. Can't you see?? " she hissed...
1M 24.3K 11
I was almost to the door when I remembered the leather jacket I brought. I turned back to the room and just as I entered the most wonderful smell hit...
507K 16.3K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...
888 122 24
(Sequel to the Alpha's Mate) *Complete* "Leave me Alone! Give me Roman! I need him! Leave me Alone!" I cried. "Roman won't be able to help you now. H...