Flowers For Your Grave

By 101BlackStars

16 year old Hayley has always had her best friend Carrie by her side until one day Carrie dies. Hayley is try... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

499 18 0
By 101BlackStars

I had that same nightmare of finding Carrie in the bathroom with her red eyes glowing and then I was being swallowed into complete darkness. I woke up screaming and I tried to stop myself so that I wouldn't wake up Logan. And of course it didn't work.

"You don't have to stay," I said as Logan climbed onto the bed.

"Yes I do." He closed his eyes to go to sleep.

I pushed on his shoulder trying to make him fall off the bed. But he was a lot stronger than me so I barely moved him an inch. "No you don't."

Logan sighed. "If I don't stay, you'll keep me awake. And I want to sleep."

Huh. So he really didn't care about me, all he was worried about was sleep.

"Whatever." I laid back down with my back facing towards Logan. If I couldn't get him to leave, then I would just ignore him.

"Hayley?"

"What?" I said trying to sound mean.

"Since when did you like Chris?" I turned to look at him, his eyes were closed and he had his arm draped across his face. He must've felt my gaze on him because he moved his arm a little and a blue eye was staring back at me.

"I don't know." I wasn't even sure if I liked Chris in that way, yet. That's why I agreed to go on a date with him to see where it would go.

"Oh," he said closing his eyes again.

"Why do you want to know?"

Logan shrugged, obviously not wanting to answer my quesion. Within a few minutes his breathing was in sync, which meant that he was asleep. 

"Goodnight, Logan," I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. I looked at his lips, as I was pulling away from his face. They were a cute pink color and I wanted to kiss them so bad. Becca was lucky that she had kissed them. 

"Night, Hayley."

I gasped causing Logan to smile. If Logan heard me say goodnight, I wonder if he felt me kiss his cheek. I wonder what it would feel like to have him kiss my cheek. From that thought I got butterflies in my stomach.

* * *

Six o'clock came by way to soon. It took me about a half our to find something to wear until I had decided that jeans and a black, long sleeve cardigan along with flats were fine for tonight. Now my hair took me about an hour because I couldn't settle on curly or straight. So I just washed my hair out and let it go to it's natural waves.

"Someone's nervous," Logan said coming into the bedroom.

"Well I haven't been on a date since Luke."

Logan didn't say anything, so I went back to fixing my make up. Molly was sitting on my bed, going through my jewelry box looking for some earrings and a necklace. Lately she had been spending a lot of time with me and we had grown attached, I liked it to because she always kept my mind busy.

"Here!" she said handing me a silver chained necklace. When I saw it, I frowned. Carrie had given me the necklace for my fifteenth birthday. It had a heart shaped pendant with a diamond in the middle of it.

The door bell rang. I didn't have enough time to look for another one, so this would have to do. I threw it on and looked at myself in the mirror one last time. 

"How do I look?" I asked Molly. Logan had left to answer the door so I couldn't ask him.

"Pretty like a princess," Molly said smiling at me.  

Molly walked downstairs with me and I stopped outside of the living room. Those butterflies were coming back in my tummy. I took a deep breath before walking into the living room. Chris looked really nice. He had a white shirt on that outlined his muscles and black pants on.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," I said.

Logan looked back and forth between Chris and I. It felt weird with Logan standing there just watching us. Almost like I was going behind his back. But he was standing right there and he knew I was  Molly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards Chris.

"Hi, Chris," Molly said.

"Hi," Chris said looking down at Molly.

She wrapped his arms around his legs, he bent down to give her an actual hug.

"Is it okay if I take Hayley away from you?" Chris asked Molly. She nodded, while pulling her hair out of her face. "How about you Logan?"

"I don't care. She can make decision's for herself.''

I narrowed my eyes at him. I don't get why he was acting mean. He knew Chris, they were friends after all.

Chris ignored him. "Ready?" he asked me.

"Yes."

We said our goodbyes and walked to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked when we go in the car.

"It's a surprise."

"No fair! You can't do that!"

Chris laughed. "You're gonna have to wait and see."

I groaned. I wanted him to tell me where we were going, I kept asking and asking hoping that he would give in. Every time I asked he said it was a surprise and after awhile I gave up. Fifteen minutes later we pulled up to a restaurant.

The waitress seated us at a booth and handed our menu's. My eyes bulged when I saw the prices. It was almost twenty dollars for a plate of spaghetti!

"Um,Chris?"

"What?" he said looking up from his magazine.

"Everything is really expensive," I said lamely.

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. Just order whatever you want."

"Okay. So what's good here?"

Chris rubbed his chin, thinking. "Definitely the burgers."

I laughed. "They have burgers here?"

He nodded. "Why wouldn't they?"

I shrugged.

We ordered our food and drinks, and talked about school or home. He told me a story about when he was little he stuck a lizard in Jessica's bed and when she went to take a nap the lizard crawled into her hair and got stuck.

"You don't have any brothers or sisters do you?" Chris asked.

"No. Not unless you count Logan and Molly," I laughed. "Carrie was like my sister. We grew up and did everything together."

"I'm sorry about everything."

"Don't be," I smiled at him to show him that I was okay. We finished eating dinner and decided to leave. I didn't have to be home until twelve and it was barely ten-thirty. I thought we were going to go home but Chris left in the opposite direction that we came.

"Another surprise?" I asked.

"Yes another surprise."

It didn't take us as long to get to wherever we were. I wasn't exactly sure what this place was but it looked like some kind of park to me. There was a huge pond that was surrounded by tree's. Chris and I walked side by side across the bridge to the other side of the park.

We followed the dirt path until we ended up in a somewhat big, empty field. The moon was casting light onto the ground and it made everything look illuminated and pretty. Chris grabbed my hand and led me to the middle of the field. He sat down and pulled me along with him. I was leaning back against his chest while gazing at the sky. Every now and then we'd see a shooting star.

"Thanks for bringing me here," I said.

"You're welcome."

Chris started playing with my finger's and for some strange reason I started comparing them to Logan's. I shook my head. I was on a date right now, I didn't have time to worry about Logan.

"How did you know about this place?" I asked.

"When I was little my mom brought me and my sister here. We were playing hide and seek, and she was trying to find me, I wandered around and came up to that dirt path. I followed it and ended up here. I never told anyone about this place but I'm pretty sure other people know about it besides me."

I didn't get much sleep last night so it was no surprise when my eyes started to close.It wouldn't be so bad if I closed them for a little bit. I guess I began to fall asleep because Chris nudged me a couple of times.

"Is this date really that boring?" he asked half joking and the other half serious.

"No! It's not boring, I just didn't sleep very well last night and I keep dosing off."

He laughed. "I know a few ways to keep you awake."

I narrowed my eyes. There was no point in doing that it's not like he could see. "How?"

I probably shouldn't have asked that because he tickled my sides. I half screamed, half laughed, and jumped up. I was extremely ticklish. Chris' smile grew wider, which meant that he knew I was ticklish and he went to tickle me again. I took off running and tried to make him slip and fall, but that didn't work.

Chris caught up to me, and threw me over his shoulder. I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. "Let me down," I said pounding on his back. Because of all the laughing I was doing it was hard to take me seriously.

"What?" he tickled my sides again. "I can't understand you."

"Put me down," I said again.

"No, I don't feel like it."

"Please," I did a puppy face. Again no use, he couldn't see me.

Finally he set me down onto the ground. I pushed him back so he would fall, he brought me down with him. I landed on top of him and we both laughed. We were a few inches apart, and Chris closed the distance by putting his lip onto mine.

This kiss was so much different from Luke. He was aggressive and Chris was...I don't know how to explain it! All I know was it was better than Luke. I deepened it, not wanting it to ever end. Eventually it had to, and he pulled away first.

I think this was the only time that I was glad he couldn't see my face because I knew it was red. I bit down on my lip to keep myself from grinning like a maniac.

"You're blushing," Chris said. Damn. He could see me.

"Uh..."

He laughed. He got up, stretched out his hand and pulled me up. "We should get going it's already half past eleven.

I nodded. I was to breathless to say anything. On the car ride home we held each others hand the whole way. We talked a little but not as much as we did earlier, we were both exhausted. The length of time it took us to get home seemed a lot shorter than it was to get to the restaurant and park.

When Chris parked in front of the house, I didn't get out right away. I was dreading coming back home. At least when I was with Chris I didn't really think about anything, especially about Carrie. But now that I was home it seemed like I had that giant elephant on my chest again.

"So, thank you," I said to Chris.

He smiled. "You're welcome."

I was about to get out of the car when I turned around and kissed Chris this time. He was surprised at first, but he kissed me back. I pulled back and smiled at him. I wanted to laugh because his mouth was in an O shape.

"Close your mouth. You don't wanna catch a fly," I said getting out of the car. When I got to the door, I waved at him.

It seemed like everyone was asleep but Logan emerged from the living room with a sleeping Molly in his hands.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," Logan said. He sounded grumpy and irritated.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm just tired. You woke me up at like two o'clock in the morning." He walked up the stairs to Molly's room, and I followed. He laid Molly down on her bed and pulled the cover's over her, then kissed her forehead.

"Sorry," I said after Logan closed the bedroom door.

"For what?"

"Waking you up."

"It's no big deal. So how was the date?"

I was shocked that he wanted to know how the date went. "Good."

"Yeah? Good. That's it?"

"It was a lot of fun," I said.

Logan nodded. "Well, goodnight," he said walking to his room.

"Goodnight," I whispered when his door was closed. I really wanted to know what was going on with him. It seemed like he was always made at me ever since he found out that Chris and I were going on a date. Was he jealous? No he couldn't be. He didn't even like me in that way. Did he? No it was just wishful thinking. I walked to my room, quickly changed into my PJ's and got into bed. I pulled the cover's up to my neck and instantly felt sleep taking over me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Foster Life By Danni

Teen Fiction

38 0 29
Summary: Alice is a sixteen year old girl who has to go through the foster system because her parents were in a car accident with her in the back se...
4.8K 426 20
"She's gone." Those two simple words was all it took to throw Angel into a state where she shut out everyone. After two years after losing her best...
2.4K 52 22
16 year old Ciara living her life as a depressed teen after her older brother passed away. She feels as though her parents don't care for her and she...
692 145 36
Stephanie Hunter's life is hell. Her parents died when she was young, her older brother created a hostile environment in their home and she fell in l...