Family Above All (Alexandra...

By Dracaria

After a big fight between vampires and witch hunters, Klaus sacrificed himself to save his own daughter, Alex... More

The truth
Moving out
Hope
Moira
Pure soul
Back to Mystic Falls
Family reunion
Welcome To Purgatory!
Army Of Souls
Dabria
Saving mission
Not the right person
Deal with the devil
New soul
Unexpected Surprise
Blue demon
This Is It
It's nice to be home
Transformation
Fairy tale
Teen drama
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Dreams
Peronal trainer
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
Like a lost puppy

See You Again

1.1K 46 7
By Dracaria

When I came back the house was very quiet. I took in a sharp breath as I realized I could barely walk up stairs into my room.

I felt sick to my stomach as I stared at my own blood.

A thin film of sweat seemed to cover every inch of my body, a few dirt spots from running as fast as I could from the woods. My hair was messy with leaved sticking in and my eyes looked wild. I took a quick shower, washing away all the dirt and sweat and blood.

It has been a long day.

„Ali?“ Rebekah called into my dark empty room.

It must have been around midnight.

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't say anything. She pushed the door open and gasped when she saw me.

„Oh my God, Ali, what happened to you?!“

„I'm fine.“

I knew I looked like death. Entire side of my body was covered in blood, the shower was completely useless and my voice was small. I heard her mumbling something but I felt dizzy.

„...and Klaus was so angry...“

„Where is he?“

„Looking for you. I need to call him, tell him that you are here and alive.“

I tried to stay awake, I pressed my hand tightly on my side to stop the blood.

„She is home! Just hurry, she is hurt.“ Rebekah said as she talked to Klaus on the phone.

She stepped closer to me before hanging up the phone. I didn't say anything and she peeled my hand away to see the cut.

„I cant even see how deep it is.“ The blood was drying everywhere.

„Why are you not healing?“

„I don't know.“ I was shaking from the cold.

She helped me to lay on my bed and she sat next to me.

„Who did this to you?“

I shook my head once again, I wasn't able to answer her, not yet. I closed my eyes as I felt the pain in my entire body.

„Where is she?“ Klaus rushed into my room, he looked exhausted and stressed. „Ali?“ he asked.

„Dad, I'm... I'm sorry.“ I quietly replied.

„Why isn't she healing?“ Elijah asked, looking at me, confused.

„Ali, listen to me. Who did this to you?“ I'd seen him angry, I'd seen him arrogant but now he was in pain. His eyes were half-crazed.

„Nybbas.“

They seemed to look surprise. They were trying to find him and then he found me.

„Tell me everything.“ Klaus said, kneeling beside my bed and placing one of his hand on my shoulder.

They were all here, all together but I couldn't look up at them. I slowly closed my eyes, I tried to dig up some memory from this night and then I remembered what had happened.

I saw Nybbas, standing on the porch of Damon's house.

I was so angry at him, I wanted to attack him and that was the only thing I could think. I didnt see anybody from my family, I ignored his warnings, back then I was more animal than human with urge to kill.

He was staring at me, still waiting on my next move.

So?“ he asked, smiling.

Did you like my fairy tale? Too bad that the main character is also dead. Moira could tell you more details from her perspective.“

My heart slammed inside my chest violently. What is he talking about? That can't be true. Moira cant be dead!

But I'm sure you can understand why I killed her.“ he continued.

She knew too much about me. But I can actually spare your life, you are rare and that makes two of us quite similar, if you think about it.“

Moira is dead. She taught me everything she knew and now... She was probably really old but she always looked strong and powerful, she was full of energy, she was still able to kick someone ass. And he killed her.

I started to hyperventilating, remembering everything.

„It's Okay, you're Okay, I'm here with you.“ Klaus said, not knowing what else to do.

And before I could respond, I was hit by another flashback from this night.

I growled and charged at him. He didn't even move but something picked me up and hit me into the tree. I tried to take him down again, but he was just standing there, smiling and laughing, I couldn't came closer to him and than some invisible power kicked me into another tree, it crushed my rib cage, I felt the pain in my chest and warm blood dripping out as a huge tree branch pierced one side of my body.

I growled once more but I knew I couldn't fight with him anymore, not with his invisible power.

Dont try it again.“ he warned me. „See you again.“ he said, winked at me and disappeared into the woods and I ran and ran in my wolf form until I found myself in front of my house...

I tried to blink the tears out of my eyes but they just rolled down my cheeks and then I finally collapsed.

***

The morning light shined through the windows, making me blink a few times. I looked around me. I was in my bed, in my room, I wasn't in a wolf form anymore, I wasn't naked. And then everything came back to me.

I turned my head to see Damon sleeping in the armchair in front of my bed. I cleared my throat, trying to wake him up, but it was useless.

„Hey!“ I threw one of the million pillows behind my head at him.

„What?!“ He jumped out of the armchair, looking totally confused and disoriented.

„Damon, what are you doing here?“

„I came to check up on you.“ he said softly.

He handed me glass full of blood.

„It's blood. It will help you feel better.“

I only drank a few drops, my throat was killing me and I had a terrible headache.

„If I only could help you...“

„He was really there, Damon. He killed Moira, after everything she is just... dead. I wanted to kill him but he has some power and I couldn't even came closer to him and then he... he...“

I couldn't say more.

He sat on my bed beside me. His arms went around me, pulling me into his laps and I just hold him tightly and cry. I needed to release all the fear and pain and anger.

„Where were you, Damon?“

„I shouldn't have left. I promise you, I will never leave you again.“

I nodded and I trusted him.

He gave me a small smile. Very slowly the pain edged away, I knew I was going to be all right.

„I have to say you something.“ he whispered in my ear.

„I'm listening.“

„I love you, Ali. You probably already know that. I cant stay away from you.“

My stomach went all fluttery.

He watched me in silence for a moment. „Please don't deny it, I know you love me too.“

„I do, I love you.“ I found myself staring at him and smiling. Oh God, I could stare at him all day.

I kissed him slowly and he kissed me back. I pulled away when I felt his two strong arms around me,.

„How do you feel?“

„Much better.“ I chuckled.

I never thought I would be happy after Klaus's sacrifice and these years of hell. I never thought I would ever trust Damon after I realised what he did.

I still felt pain, but every minute I was with Damon I was more and more stronger.

Speaking of my dad...

„Where is Klaus? And Rebekah? Where is my family?“ I gasped.

I found the clock on the nightstand. It was just after two in the afternoon. There is no way they would leave me alone after what happened. Klaus will kill Damon if he finds he is here.

„You have to get out of here!“

Damon stared at me like he hoped I wasn't serious. I made a movement to push him off the bed but was cut short by a pain in my ribs.

„Don't worry, Klaus is not here. But I have to warn you. If he tries to kill me, I will defend myself.“

„If my father wants to kill you, you will be dead.“ I grinned.

„Rebekah called me.“ Damon gave my a sly smile.

„She did? But why would she do that? She is not you fan No.1“

„Maybe she doesn't like me but she definitely cares about you. She's the one who supposed to be here with you.“

„Remind me to thank her later for that.“

„Uhmm... And she told me about your magic. Is it true that your power is gone?“

I simply nodded, I felt tears running down my cheeks and he most of noticed.

„I upset the balance of nature and now I have to live with these consequences. I was doing magic for wrong reasons.“

He pulled me away and he looked at me worriedly. He was silent for a few seconds, his piercing blue eyes stared into mine and his face was so serious.

„You believed you were doing the right thing even if it means that you saved your hybrid daddy from death.

Your magic came from the earth and that spell put you into dark place, place your magic couldn't handle. It was your last, desperate move to bring Klaus back, you was risking your own life. And you did it.

I know its really hard for you, but you had that power and if you didn't use it something could happen that would kill you more.“

I know he is right.

The power of love – that's where the magic that brought us back to life truly lies. Unlike the any other kind of magic I've been toying with, this magic was driven by light and love.

True, there was consequences, but this move in order to save the people I loves was the most beautiful magic I would do. That's what made it so powerful.

„Ali?“ Damon whispered, cutting my thoughts.

„Yes?“

„I'm sorry but I have to go.“

I didn't want to show him how disappointed I was. „Oh, sure. You should probably go. My family will be here soon.“

„I brought you some books because you cant leave your bed and you've been sleeping forever. I am sure you will love these books, they can inspire you or teach you some ju-ju stuff.“ he said, smiling. He handed me a bag and than he turned for the hallway.

Great. At least I can read some books and make time just for myself to relax. I pulled one book out of his bag.

HARRY POTTER and the Philosopher's Stone

„DAMON!“

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Moira :(

I'm going on vacation for 3-4 weeks so I won't be able to update next chapter until the end of August. I'm really really sorry, please don't hate me for this :(

I hope you like this chapter, thanks for reading, commenting and voting, I love you! <3

Continue Reading