Siren

By OriginalWriterJ

-WINNER OF THE BEST ELIJAH MIKAELSON FAN-FIC IN THE TVD FANFICTION AWARDS 2017 -BEST RANKINGS #4 in TVD #4... More

Moth to a Flame
How she died inside
Expression and Brown Eyes
That Black Spot
Reaper at my Door
Past, Present and Future
Return of the Century
The Little Claire
Champagne Girl
Delivery Boy
Vote
I am Such a Good Wife
Voting is closing soon
Last time
Bubble of Lust
Mexican Standoff
It Means Something
Mon Ami
Mrs Mikaelson
Sequel & Thank You
Stolen again!!

Beloved Father of Gigi

36.4K 1K 409
By OriginalWriterJ

New Orleans 1819

The charred remains were gone; all that was left was a large patch of mud and dirt with patches of grass and weeds creeping up from the earth. If you didn't know the tragic story of what happened on this very spot years ago, you would never guess anything had happened here or even been built here at all.

I knew what had once existed right here in these large acres of land. It was once a magical place filled with happiness, laughter and love, now all that was just distant bittersweet memory.

Seven years. It had been seven years since I last stepped foot on this land, the happy memories were now tainted by fire and death.

I had gotten over my husband Charles death a long time ago, back then I was a young and naïve girl, who married her childhood sweetheart then started a family as soon as the golden wedding band was placed on my left ring finger.

I knew I loved Charles, but I wasn't in love with him, more infatuated than anything else. Charles was the perfect man, wealthy, handsome, kind and he loved me, but was I in love him, my teenage self said yes, but my now twenty-five year old jaded heart said no, he gave me a fantasy, a fantasy which was eventually taken from me.

Back then I had been the perfect, wife, mother and homemaker, it was what, was expected of me, back then I always dreamed of the perfect little family and I had it, I guess that's why I never dreamed bigger.

I did think of Charles often but only when my memories of him included Emmett, my one true love, my sweet love, my son, my Emmett.

Even after seven years the pain of losing my only child my little boy was still as fresh and felt like a knife cutting through my soul, my heart would never again be whole not without my sweet love, my Emmett.

***

***

Death, never got easier epically when it's the ones you love that go.

I watched with a sombre expression as my father was placed into the Claire family tomb, I didn't cry I had done enough of that when we said our goodbyes two nights ago.

I walked along the dark hallways of the infirmary, just like I had all those years ago when I had killed my maid Amelia. The woman who had ruined my life and killed my family, still to this day I didn't regret ending her life, what was that saying you reap what you sow.

Unlike the last time I walked these corridors at night, I wasn't here for vengeance, I was here for something much more important. I stopped outside the small single room at the end of the corridor and entered.

The room was dark except for a lone lantern on the bedside table, I heard heavy breathing coming from the small single bed in the corner, this made me frown. I walked towards the bed and sat on the small stool by the bedside; I grabbed the frail, wrinkled hand in mine and squeezed it tight.

"Who's there" the raspy voice commanded. I pulled my dark hood back and moved closer to the light.

"It's me Papa" I whispered.

"Gigi you came" my father's weak voice exclaimed, of course I had he was my father my only family left that mattered. My papa was the only person who could bring me back to this wrenched town after so long away.

"You should have sent for me sooner" I told him.

"I didn't want you to see me this way" he replied, I understood, the once strong, proud man, was now nothing but a pile of skin and bones. I knew he was dying he had told me in his letter but nothing could have prepared me for this.

"We haven't much time Gigi. Before your mother condemned me to this horrible place I made arrangements, as you know I am a religious man, and I stayed with a woman I no longer loved because I believed in the vows I took on my wedding day, but that does not mean I don't see through her sweet and innocent act. She has taken men to bed behind my back, shunned her own daughter for power, your brother and sister hang on her every word but not you, you are your father's daughter. I am so proud of you my beautiful Giselle" he beamed, then he started to hack loudly and painfully due to his illness consumption was a horrible disease. I tried to calm him but he shooed me away wanting to continue.

"I am leaving you my fortunate Giselle" he wheezed.

"Papa" I protested.

"No Gigi you deserve it, the Claire estate will go to your uncle James I don't want your brother to have it, James will own the Claire estate, but everything else is yours" he told me.

"It's too much, you're wrong I deserve nothing" I explained.

"Your brother and sister are married and have their life's of their own, you have had everything taken from you but here you stand you deserve the world after what god has done to you" his piercing green eyes, that were identical to mine pleaded with me to listen.

"You have to stop running, this is your home it always has been Gigi, and New Orleans runs in your blood. Show them all that they have not broken you" I felt a tear drop down my cheek as I leaned forward and kissed his forehead knowing he was right.

"I will do as you wish" I promised, even though I wanted nothing more than to leave this town as soon as possible.

"My time is coming, I can feel it, you must go, go to my brother James he will help you" my father's voice was growing weaker, his eyes began to droop.

"I love you my beautiful Gigi" he murmured before closing his eyes.

"I love you too papa" I cried, watching as my father took his last breath.

I was pulled from my memories by a hand squeezing my shoulder, I turned and nodded at my uncle James, I had been staying with him and his family since I came back to town, he insisted I stay until my fathers will was dealt with.

My mother the beautiful Cecile Claire stood on the opposite side of the cemetery milking the whole widow thing; wailing like a banshee while wiping away her fake tears.

My sister was also soaking up the attention, like my mother she loved being the centre of it. Annette had never given our father the time of day always stuck to mother's side; she clung to her husband as she falsely wept. Meanwhile my brother Henri stood tall and proud next to his sweet wife Aimee, Henri also never spent time with father instead of working with Papa and learning the family business, he staring working for my Mothers father.

The ceremony was beautiful my uncles wife planning the whole thing, my mother claimed she was too grief stricken to do it, the priest painted my father as a good kind and fair man which he was, the church and cemetery were packed due to how popular a man my papa was.

Henri Claire III 1758-1819

Beloved father of Gigi

The plaque read, my uncle had told me he insisted on the inscription, I watched my mother's face morph into pure anger as the plaque was screwed onto the family tomb, then before I knew it she was storming in my direction my brother and sister not far behind.

"What are you doing here, you are not welcome" my mother hissed her fake tears drying instantly.

"He was my father" I stated calmly not wanting to make a scene for Papa's sake.

"How dare you come back after what you did" she spat loudly, grabbing the attention of the whole funeral party, my sister Annette glared at me, while my brother looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"I got vengeance for my family, something I do not nor will I ever regret" I stated coldly.

"Mother please your causing a scene" Henri said quietly grabbing my mothers arm.

"Giselle you've said your goodbyes I think its best you leave" my brother told me sternly.

"Oh I'm not going anywhere dear brother, father made sure of that" I smirked coldly.

"What are you talking about" my mother sneered.

"Didn't you hear Cecile, Henri, my gracious beloved brother left Giselle everything" James smirked as he stood by my side.

"Impossible, his will was set in stone before he went to the sanatorium" my mother explained smugly.

"Well he obviously changed his mind, his fortune is now Giselle's" James explained with a trumpet look, my uncle had never liked my mother in fact he despised her.

"I will not let you take my home and my fortune" she raged.

"Oh he didn't leave me the estate mother" I smiled sweetly, her eye lit up.

"No he left it to me, and I would like you out by the end of the week, I'm sure Annette or Henri wouldn't turn their mother out onto the street, you'll be fine Cecile you always land on your feet, just like a stray cat" James laughed.

"Have a nice life mother, I know I will" I smirked, then took my uncles arm ready to leave; but before I could my mothers bony fingers grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"You are a curse of this earth child, you always have been. Your father was besotted by you, you could never do wrong in his eyes, and Charles your poor husband never stood a chance the minute he laid eyes on you. Like a siren you are a beautiful creature, but those drawn to you, perish" My mother's speech made me furious how dare she I could feel the darkness bubble inside me.

Then I lost control.

I forgot about the funeral party who were still looking at us I forgot about my uncle and my family, my only thought was I had to show her show my mother I wasn't the little girl she used to push around.

A gust of wind blew through the graveyard, blowing both mine and my mother's skirts; I ripped my arm from her grasp and grabbed both her forearms in my hands in an iron tight grip. I heard people around us gasp, as my mother looked at me with pure horror. I knew my eyes were now pitch black, it was a side effect of the magic I now used which caused the black of my pupil to spread across my whole eye.

"I am not a weak little girl you can push around anymore mother, I have seen and done things that would haunt your dreams, it would be best to remember that" I said in an icy tone, making my mother flinch.

"What are you?" Mother gasped, making me laugh, I let go of her arms and pushed her away making her stumble my brother catching her as both he and my sister looked at me in fear, the wind stopped and my eyes returned to normal.

"I believe you said I was a siren mother" I cackled, once again taking my uncles arm and walking out of the cemetery.

.

A/N

 So it was her mother who started the Siren!!! What did you guys think??

Leave a comment and let me know.

So next chapter will be another flashback and it will explain how her magic works, I've decided to research dark magic and the characteristics before I do because that was why I stopped writing this story in the first place because I felt the magic part of Giselle's character had some holes.

Giselle being badass in above gif also Giselle's face when she does magic included^^^

READ & VOTE & COMMENT.

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.1K 32
-WINNER OF BEST KLAUS MIKAELSON FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) & BEST FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) IN THE TVD FAN-FICTION AWARDS 2016 -WINNER OF BEST COMPLETED F...
79.8K 2.2K 18
A story in which a girl who watches TVD dies and wakes up in the TVD Universe, only somethings not right.......... โš ๏ธDISCONTINUEDโš ๏ธ
140K 1.5K 13
Ranked #15 in #theoriginals stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** a collection of one shots and imagines from everyone's favourite Mikaelson brothers. feel free to request...
8.8K 278 14
"When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because you knew." the originals season 5 au (rewrite) ELIJAH DAUGHTER ยฉ ๐–†๐–‰๐–”๐–—๐–Š๐–‰๐–Ž๐–”๐–—