Learning to Love My Other Hal...

By Tristan-Walker

Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and b... More

1 - A Friend In Need
2 - A Moonlit Run
3 - A Meeting Unforeseen
4 - Rogues
5 - Morning Fun
6 - Table For Two
7 - An Evening Escapade
8 - Paternal Enlightenment
9 - The Funeral
10 - Luca
11 - An Obvious Choice
12 - "Closer, Faster" By Midnight
13 - A fearful Revelation
14 - Unexpected Visitors
15 - Andréas' Confession
16 - Saving Justin
17 - Like Father Like Son
Author's Note: 17.5 - A Magical Night
18 - Just What We Needed
Author's Note
19 - Three's A Crowd
21 - Dinner With A Side Of Fear
22 - The Calm Before the Storm
23 - The Beginning of the End
24 - Battle for the Earth
25 - Battle for the Earth: Part 2

20 - A Past Best Forgotten

1K 48 3
By Tristan-Walker

A/N

*flies up on a rainbow* Hay! Silly Tristan Walker, hay is for horses! Oops, Hey! Chapter 20 ya'll! We learn some about Justin's past in this one, as well as where Avery came from. :D So yay for my new character! :D Anywhore, I don't got much to say, so Enjoy! Tristan Walker, your grammer is very not no good today! Double negative bitch! *hangs head* XD

Shoutouts go to *drumroll* All those who left a comment, and particularly Kitkatgiraffe for the guess, you were close :)

Go read Amazona333's new story, Spiritland! It's amazing!!!! :D Go read it or I'll ... I'll ... Tristan Walker Must not threaten the nice people on Wattpad! Just go read please! *puts away machete, grumbling*

                                    «»  

20 - A Past Best Forgotten

JUSTIN

I opened my eyes and looked at Avery as he rolled around his room laughing his ass off.

"Holy crap! You should've seen your face," he gasped, falling into another fit of giggles.

It took me a minute to realize what had happened, but when I did a weird mix of relief, embarrassment, and sheepishness flooded through me.

Avery's howls of laughter were infectious and it wasn't long before I had joined him, both of us laughing until our sides hurt and tears of mirth rolled down our faces.

I sat up, still chuckling lightly, and looked at the other boy, who mimicked me.

"Justin, did you honestly think I was going to kiss you?"

I shrugged, giggling at my silliness.

Avery donned a more serious look, "What you have with Sam is special. I would never get in the way of that."

I smiled at his admission and he returned it, wiping a tear from his cheek.

"That noise you made, though; priceless," he snickered.

I laughed and smacked his arm gently, "That was not nice."

"Nice isn't my specialty babe," he said, stretching out on the floor with his hands behind his head. His shirt rode up a bit and I saw a drool worthy toned stomach.

Avery caught me looking and gave me an impish smile, "Like what you see?"

I decided to play with him a bit and pretended to take my time answering, "Hmmm, I've seen better."

He caught on immediately, however, and his smile grew.

"Oh really? Hm, is it hot in here?" he asked, taking his shirt off.

"Much better," he said, taking in my look of mixed shock and appreciation for the sex-god sitting shirtless in front of me.

"If you want that picture, I'm still open to it," he laughed, referring to what he had said earlier.

I flushed a deep red and covered my face with my hands. Then he chuckled as I cracked my fingers apart half an inch to continue eye-raping him. Geez, I was a pervert.

"So," he said, propping himself up on his elbow, "Tell me about yourself. What makes you you?"

"Well, we learned a lot about each other while we were doing that project. What do you want to know that I haven't already told you?" I asked.

"Anything," he replied, "Whatever you want."

"Okay," I thought for a minute, "Alright, I guess I'll start from the beginning."

"I was born in a small town in Colorado, about an hour outside of Denver. It was a nice place, lots of kids to play with and beautiful scenery. I was there until I was four, when my ...," I paused for a minute, trying to decide how to refer to Nicholas, "... my mom's husband's work moved here."

Avery had a confused expression on his face, "Your mom's husband? Your dad?"

I cringed, "No, he wasn't my dad."

"So your parents were divorced?" he asked, still looking bewildered.

"No, it-it's complicated," I admitted.

"I'm smart," he prompted.

I thought for a minute. Did I trust him?

I decided that I did and sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Catching this, he hurried to fix the situation, "I mean - if you don't want to ... I'm not forcing you ..."

He trailed off sheepishly.

"No, no, it's not that," I assured him, "I'm just trying to find a way to tell you."

He relaxed and fell silent, waiting for me to speak.

"Okay, so when my mom was still in high school, she met this guy, Andréas. They dated all the way through university and things were great. Towards the end of school, they ummmmm, did the naughty," I ignored Avery's snicker, "And the next day, my mom left Andréas, unknowing that she had conceived."

Avery nodded, urging me on.

"Not a month later, my mom met a man by the name of Nicholas Summers. They were dating when she found out that she was with child. Somehow, she managed to convince him that the baby was theirs. I mean, she may have thought it was anyway, I don't know, but that's beside the point."

"So I was born and named Justin Summers, taking my "dad's" last name," I said, etching quotation marks in the air with my fingers.

"So your real father was this Andréas guy?" Avery asked.

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Okay, that makes sense now, continue."

"Alright, we moved here and things were pretty good for a while. Nicholas' job was doing well and we had a healthy, if not slightly above average lifestyle."

I shuddered, remembering what came next.

"That all changed when the company went under and Nicholas lost his job. He became depressed and turned to alcohol. Often he would come home from wherever he disappeared to during the day drunk and dirty, usually taking his rage out on my mother and me. We never knew what caused these fits of pure anger and hatred, but we started having to hide from him whenever he was in one of his moods."

Avery looked troubled as I continued to pour my life's story into him. I wasn't sure why, seeing as I barely knew the guy, but I felt that I could trust him. After all, I had trusted him with the secret about Sam and me, right?

"My mom started working two jobs and I missed a lot of school over the few following years. I helped in any way I could; doing odd jobs, making dinner, even helping my mom with some of her work. Any money that we didn't absolutely need went to Nicholas' drinking obsession. It wasn't like we had a choice. He started beating us when I turned thirteen."

"What?!" Avery gasped, looking outraged.

"H-he beat us, me and my mom. In one of his drunken rages he started hitting my mom when she didn't get him more alcohol. I guess it helped calm him or something because he beat us regularly after that."

Suddenly, Avery had pulled me into a hug. I felt wetness on my cheeks and realized that I had started crying.

"I'm so sorry Justin," he said as I turned into him, trying to control myself.

When I had regained some of my composure, I took a shuddering breath and sat back a bit.

"Things went like that for a few more years then I met Sam. Being with him gave me the courage to finally tell my dad that I was gay. He did not react well to this and beat me worse than ever before. My mom tried to stop him, but he ... he ..." I trailed off, breaking down into more tears.

"H-he ki-killed her."

Avery's mouth fell open as a million emotions flashed across his face; sympathy, sorrow, horror, anger, fury, hatred.

"He's dead now, Andréas killed him," I said, my voice holding contentment and bitter relief.

"Good riddance," Avery growled.

"It was the only good thing about that bastard," I admitted, referring to the black-haired man that had turned my life upside down.

"Wow, I'm sorry Justin. I didn't know that one person's life could be so full of crap."

"It's okay, I'm over it," I said, leaning into Avery.

He gave me a sympathetic look, "No, it's not okay, but I'm glad you're doing better."

I smiled at him, thanking him wordlessly.

He must have caught it because he returned the smile.

"So what about you Avery?"

"Well my life certainly wasn't as eventful," he said with a chuckle, "I've lived here all my life, and my parents have always been cool with my being gay. Of course, my school wasn't so okay with it, resulting in my expulsion. That's how I ended up going to school with you."

"How did they find out?" I asked.

"My boyfriend and I were caught by his parents," he said, stressing the word in malice, "They told the school and we were expelled. He wouldn't speak to me after that, almost like it was my fault."

"That's horrible!"

"Yeah, well he broke my heart, so I broke the bastard's nose. Now we're even," Avery shrugged, grinning slightly.

I laughed, "Good for you, he needed to be taught a lesson."

"Maybe I should be a teacher," Avery said with a snicker, "I've taught many lessons over the years ... in pain that is!"

I laughed again. Avery really was something.

"Avery!"

"Looks like the parentals are home, come and meet them Justin," Avery said, getting up and holding out a hand.

I took it and followed him downstairs into the foyer. Standing there were who could only be Avery's parents. He looked so much like them with the light brown hair, the fair complexion, and even his eyes were explained. His mother had green eyes, while his dad had blue.

They both smiled warmly at me and turned to their son.

"So who's this?" Mrs. McIntyre asked.

"Mom, dad, this is Justin. He's been helping settle into the school routine," Avery explained.

"Justin, these are my parents."

"Hello, Justin, I'm Elizabeth, pleased to meet you and thank you for helping Avery," Mrs. McIntyre greeted me warmly.

"It was no trouble Mrs. McIntyre," I said shyly.

"Please dear, call me Liz."

Mr. McIntyre held out his hand, "Tyler," he said as I shook it.

"Ooh he's cute Avery," Liz cooed, making me blush.

"Mooomm!" he whined, "He already has a boyfriend."

"Ha, you said boyfriend, that means you still have a chance," Tyler piped in.

"Daaadd!"

"What? Just saying," he snickered.

The front door opened, drowning out Avery's splutter, and a girl of about twenty walked in. She had long brown hair and pretty features. Again, I recognized a McIntyre family member.

"And this would be my sister, Carly," Avery introduced her.

"And who may you be," she asked, looking me up and down, giving me the distinct feeling that I was being undressed mentally.

I blushed and she giggled.

"You're cute," she gushed.

"I know, that was what I was saying," Liz said.

Avery muttered something like 'women' under his breath and I laughed.

"Hate to break it to you Carly, but he's gay."

His sister pouted, sticking out her bottom lip, "Why are all the cute ones gay?"

"Hey!" Tyler joked.

"Oh, except for you, daddy," Carly laughed.

We all chuckled. I had a feeling I was going to like this family.

                                   «»  

A/N   

So, sorry for the spacing and the shortness. :S Forgive me?  

Carly McIntyre will be played by Debby Ryan, pic to the side, look --> 

Me: YAY I like these people!  

Avery: Who's he?  

Justin: Just don't make eye contact, maybe he'll go away. Keep a straight face, he smells fear.  

Me: Guys  

Everyone else: ...  

Me: *pouty face*  

Don't forget to:  

VOTE  

COMMENT  

FAN  

Bye! *throws glitter and flies away on rainbow*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308 34 45
Book Two of the Supernaturals Series "I will live in despair before I let anything happen to him." Marcus lives a not so normal life. His sister is...
3K 216 31
Werewolves, Vampires, Banshees, Oh my! Xander was always a quiet, antisocial kid. When he gets turned into a vampire mysteriously, he watched as the...
432K 27.7K 51
The battle is won, but the war is far from over. With his new powers on the loose, Oliver must find balance between good and evil - before the world...
276K 4.2K 5
Book 1 of the You Series. Leo Johnson has been a good boy since the day he was born. He always did what he was told and got the best grades in school...