Stubborn Love (Smosh Fanfic)

Door rac06h10ael

==COMPLETED== All of Genny's life, she had no idea that at the age of twenty-three she'd have a child to take... Meer

+ [Chapter 1] The Only Problem
+ [Chapter 2] Just Tell Him Already
+ [Chapter 3] Run In with Kalel
+ [Chapter 4] Lunchtime with Smosh
+ [Chapter 5] Never Would've Shown Up
+ [Chapter 6] Is He Mine?
+ [Chapter 7] Play House
+ [Chapter 8] Lessons Learned
+ [NEW Chapter 9] I Did It
[Chapter 10] At The Park
[Chapter 11] The Date
[Chapter 12] Nothing At All
[Chapter 13] All Alone
[Chapter 14] Going Back
[Chapter 15] Aunt Bailey's Funeral
[Chapter 16] No Where or Any Time
[Chapter 17] It's A Mystery
[Chapter 18] Lucky Them
[Chapter 19] Ultimatum
[Chapter 20] Bad Things to a Nice Girl (Short Chapter)
[Chapter 21] Four Words
[Chapter 22] Three Important People
[Chapter 23] Lunchtime with Smosh; Part Two
[Chapter 24] Weddings are Stressful
[Chapter 25] Let's Go GDO
[Chapter 26] Can't Win This Time
[Chapter 27] Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
[Chapter 28] The Big Day
[Chapter 30] Give Her Some Space
[Chapter 31] Timeless
[Chapter 32] The Arrangement
[Chapter 33] Ash's First Birthday
[Chapter 34] What Happened After Ash's Birthday
[Chapter 35] You're Invited
[Chapter 36] Second Time For Everything
[Chapter 37] Looking Back
AUTHOR'S NOTE REGARDING EDITING

[Chapter 29] Back to Old Habits

290 7 0
Door rac06h10ael

-Genny's POV-

The reception was great. Everyone had a blast. Even Ash, who just stayed on the dance floor the whole time while everyone talked, danced, ate, and drank. I couldn't have been more happier, and I swear this was the happiest moment in my life (besides giving birth to Ash).

Anthony and I decided to put the honeymoon off. Too much was happening in our lives right now. Smosh was skyrocketing with being the most subscribed channel on YouTube and Ash's first birthday was coming up soon. There just...wasn't enough time to have one. I'm surprised we could even fit in our wedding.

I put Ash to bed and was ready to go back to work after the fun weekend we had. I kissed Anthony goodbye and walked out of the apartment. He and Ian were looking through the comments under their last Gametime with Smosh video to decide what they would be playing next.

I drove to work and walked upstairs. All of the nurses were raving about my engagement, it was quite embarrassing - all of this attention. I didn't like the feeling all that much.

I picked up my clipboard to see who I would be helping tonight. As I scanned the list, one name stood out to me. One that was familiar. Ethan Reynolds. I couldn't put my finger on it...but I swear I knew that name. It said he was recovering from a bad case of pneumonia, he was only going to stay two more nights.

I walked into Ethan Reynolds' room and gasped. It was him. My old high school, jackass boyfriend. He didn't look any different from what he looked like in high school. He was laying in the bed asleep. As I started to change his saline bag, his eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "What a surprise it is to see you, Gen."

"I go by Genny now." I told him, checking his vitals.

"You look amazing, how have you been?" I could tell by his tone that he was trying to flirt with me. Did he not see the ring on my finger?

"I've been good, Ethan. And yourself?"

"Eh. Could be better."

I wrote my name on the white board, clicked the cap shut on the green dry erase marker, and turned around to look at him. "If you need anything, just call for me. I'm here until three in the morning." I began to exit his room when he stated, "I've missed you."

I slowly spun around on my heels. "Is that so?"

"Yeah. Ever since I dumped you junior year, I've felt bad. You were probably the nicest girl I've ever met." He smirked. "I thought I'd never see you again after graduation. But here you are. And here I am. Single. And wanting to get back together with you."

I rolled my eyes. This was total bull shit. He dumped me for some hot cheerleader. "Well, I'm sorry. But I'm taken." I held up my left hand. "And anyways, you had your chance with me."

He closed his eyes and lay back. I started to walk out again when he started coughing like crazy. I turned around afraid something was going to go terribly wrong. But he calmed down and then, I heard him moan, "Genny."

"What?" I retorted with an attitude. I'm usually not like this to my patients, regardless of what they had or who they were. I shook my head, and more politely responded, "Yes, Mr. Reynolds?"

"Come here." He whispered.

I walked over to the side of his bed, and looked down at him. "How can I help you?"

He murmured something that was inaudible.

"What?" I asked, leaning down closer to him so I could hear him this time.

And he sat up, pressing his lips against mine. I pulled away as quick as I could and stumbled back into the leather recliner.

He chuckled, "Still have that spark." He lay back with a grin on his face. I looked at him in shock.

"Genny?"

I turned my head and saw Anthony standing in the doorway with a small bouquet of roses.

"Anthony!" I jumped to my feet. "It's not what it looks like!"

He sighed, "I know you didn't want my help, but really? You're already cheating on me? We just got married!"

"I'm not cheating on you, Anthony!"

He threw the bouquet on the ground and stormed off.

"Anthony!" I shouted, throwing my clipboard down on the ground and running after him. He was waiting for the elevator when I reached him. "Please let me explain."

"Explain what?" He glanced over at me, hatred was written all over his face. "Explain that the girl I gave up everything for goes back to work and makes out with some random patient?"

"He wasn't a random patient! He was my ex!" I gasped, realizing I shouldn't have said that, but it was already too late.

"Oh, that just makes this situation a whole lot better!" He crossed his arms and averted his gaze away from me.

"No, Anthony. He's my ex, and just like you say Kalel is, he's a thing of my past."

"Hey, I'm the one who's been faithful and hasn't been making out with mine."

"You're not letting me explain this!"

"EXPLAIN IT!" He shouted. I stepped back in fright. "Explain this whole fucking situation from your fucking point of view."

"He kissed me." I remarked. "He was the one who started flirting. He was the one who didn't understand that I was married!"

"You're full of bull shit, Genny." I tried to speak, but he just kept ranting and ranting. "I come to visit you at work like the good husband I am, and I find my wife making out with a patient."

"The kiss didn't even last for more than a second!"

"Shut the fuck up and let me talk!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes, he was being so irrational. "Do you realize what I've given up to make you happy? Fucking everything. The wonderful girlfriend I had, the nice house I lived in, the freedom of being a young adult who happens to be successful. You and Ash have been bringing me down ever since I found out!"

I was in tears. I couldn't believe the stuff coming out of his mouth.

"What do you have to say about that?" He taunted.

I shook my head, "I thought you wanted this, Anthony. You were the one always convincing me that you loved me and wanted to help. But it's clear now that you don't." I pulled the ring of my finger and placed it in his hand, folding his fingers over it. "Your week being a father has lasted way too long. And I've decided I like being a single mother without the help." His eyes glanced down at his hand and back at me. "You can take your stuff and go." I croaked, barely able to finish the sentence. "Live the life you were meant to live." And I turned away, walking shamefully back to the hospital room where I dropped my clipboard.

"What just happened?" Ethan inquired.

I glanced at him and sighed, "My husband and I just called it off." I quietly answered.

"I'm so sorry, Gen. I didn't realize..."

"No, Mr. Reynolds. It's not your fault...he just needed to realize that living with me is a big mistake." A tear fell from my eye and splashed on the report sheet. "Remember, I'm here till three if you need anything." And I stalked out of the room and plopped down at my desk. Resting my elbows on the desk and covering my face with my hands as I began to sob.

-Anthony's POV-

I unfolded my fingers and saw the ring I bought her sitting in the palm of my hand. What just happened?

The elevator bell dinged and the doors slid open. I shoved the ring in my pocket and walked into the elevator, pressing the ground floor button. The doors slid shut and I was the only one in the elevator. The quietness was eerie, and it gave me time to think.

I couldn't believe myself. Like I said in my vows, Genny was the nicest person I know. And she was right...I was the one who convinced her I loved her. And she's not the kind of person to cheat on people... Shit, what have I done?

The doors slid open to reveal a family waiting to get on. I stepped out and walked out to my car in the parking garage. I sat in the driver's seat while I stared at the starry night sky that was laid out in front of me, on top of the city line.

I took the ring out of my pocket and stared at it. This was a symbol of our relationship. Our love for each other. And basically, when I gave her this ring, it was my love for her. My loyalty to her. And now she threw it back to me. I sighed, realizing how big of an asshole I was.

I put the ring back in my pocket and drove back to Genny's place.

"Hey!" Ian greeted, putting the laptop down on the couch. "Ash woke up a few times and..." He saw the sadness that filled my heart. "Are you okay?"

I looked up into his eyes and gulped. "Genny just asked me to move out." I pulled her ring from my pocket and held it out to him. His eyes opened wide as he covered his mouth in shock.

Author's Note: Hey guys! This chapter may be a sudden change of events, but hey, the book is called Stubborn Love. So you got to have some problems here and there, right? Well...hope you liked it. Please give me your feedback on it, I really appreciate it!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

47.2K 1.2K 26
{CHAPTER FIC, COMPLETED, FLUFF/SADNESS/SLIGHT ANGST/POSSIBLE TRIGGER} It all starts with one phone call. Next comes a hospital visit. Then worrying...
20K 491 40
Anthony has been out of love until he meets you. After meeting you, he is finally happy again. But what happens when you start to like someone else...
10.6K 375 16
{CHAPTER FIC, COMPLETED, FLUFF/SLIGHT ANGST} Ian and Anthony have finally confessed their love for each other and began their wonderful journey as a...
10K 311 19
The quiet ones. That's what everyone called us. We were a small group of high school kids in the corner of the library. None of us really knew each o...