The Brides

Por ShraddhaBhatia6

Highest Rank: #33 in Romance Three Best of Girl Friends, all set to marry their arranged husband. Nidhi a sw... Más

Character Sketch
Bachelorette Night
Lehangas
Wedding
Reception Party
Trick and Treat
Obstacles
Destinations
Families
Sight Seeing
Marriages
Sufferings
Realizations
The Charity Event
True Self
Confessions
The Inspection Day
The Merger Party
Declaration
Weekend
Italy
Fairy Tale
Feedback
Announcement
Hospital
Home
Reunion
And then, I met you.
Have I turned you on?
Mine, All Mine.
Finally
Wattys2016!

Love and War

13.2K 501 7
Por ShraddhaBhatia6

CHAPTER 11

"Home sweet home!" Nidhi pushed the doors and happily entered but stopped in her tracks suddenly.

"Yeah!" Mayank chuckled and when he reached next to her, he too froze.

"What the hell is your problem? Why do you stick to my boy like a parasite???" His mother yelled, who was sitting on the sofa.

Both were dumbstruck on the doorsteps when they saw Mayank's parents and His mother yelling.

"Mom, calm down. What are you doing here? What are you talking about?" He tried to reason.

"This is my son's house, I can come and go as I please! And this girl! This girl is always near you and where is Sneha, huh? We are a respected family! What will people think? That you are having an affair just after you got married."

"Sara--" Mayank's father tried to reason.

"Don't! Tell me?? What do you want? It's not about money because Avinash is well to do himself. You want to use my son, isn't it? You want to take advantage of him being naive?? Answer me!" His mother shouted towards Nidhi, who shivered and stared down. She was scared but couldn't tell the truth.

"We attended the wedding together! That's it!" He said in a firm tone.

"She could have gone with Avinash. Why you? And where is Sneha? You shooed her off?? Call her here now!"

"She can't, she is not in town." She whispered.

"And you are???? You are so much in my Mayank? You want to sleep with him, isn't it??" His mother accused her and a small droplet left her eye.

"Sara! Stop it!" His father shouted.

"Why?? It's true, isn't it? That's why you want me to keep shut??" His mom yelled again.

"She is my wife!" Mayank shouted staring angrily towards his mother.

Everyone fell silent with his declaration.

"What are you saying?" His father asked him.

"With all those ceremonies.... Everyone got exchange and I got married to Nidhi instead of Sneha." He explained.

"She did this intentionally--" his mother was saying but his father cut him off.

"Enough! It's no one's fault." He said.

His mother gave a murderous glare to her and then stormed out of the house.

"Take rest, come for dinner someday. Lets discuss it over the table." His father patted his shoulder.
"Bring your parents, if you feel comfortable Nidhi. I guess they are unaware of it, too. They have a right to know. But it's just a suggestion. You are a better judge." His father said to her. She nodded but didn't raise her head, he apologized smiled towards him and left.

"Nidhi?" Mayank called when they were all alone in the room.

She didn't response.

He caught her shoulders and shock her a bit, again no response.

She blankly stared in his eyes when he raised her chin.
"Nidhi?" He asked in a concerned tone but she didn't bulge.
He frowned but then softly touched her cheek.
"It's going to be okay, I promise."
He smiled beautifully.

"How?" She whispered. "Your father is right, I have to inform my parents. I don't know how they will take this and divorce?...... What so funny?" She frowned when she saw him enjoying a private joke.

"Not funny, but amusing." He said still laughing lightly.

"Amusing?"

"I thought you'll be upset because of my mother's behavior." He laughed.

"What? Of course not! She have all the reasons to be angry with me, she is concerned about you. That's not wrong." She said.

'She never fails to make me admire her more and more.' Mayank thought.

"It's your decision to tell your parents. You may chose against or in favor of it. Just remember whatever will be your verdict. I will be there with you... I mean....ummm.... all of us.... all six--five of us." He said.

"Thank you." Mayank's words were an encouragement for her as it eased her worry immediately and she was actually relived.

"Hungry?" He asked.

She nodded like a kid, she was famished.

"Let's fix some homemade lunch today." He said and approached towards the kitchen.

She went after him. Excited to have something from Mayank's cuisine, after so long, today.

2 days later

"When are you actually planning to come back?????" Riddhima yelled towards the laptop screen, where she was in on Skype with Nidhi and Sneha.

Sneha laughed "Tomorrow!"

"I hope you are working there. I'm tired of all these paper work and we have a collective meeting, next week. I don't want it to--"

"Hey!!! I'm here!! Talk something else!" Nidhi broke Riddhima in between.

Riddhima rolled her eyes and Sneha replied. "Don't stress out Riddsie. Nidhi what have you decided then?"

"I have planned to tell them, about the marriage at least. I'll call them." Nidhi said and sighed.

"Over phone?" Sneha frowned.

"Yes! So that they can accumulated their question all in one go and then, Mayank and I will explain both the families over dinner. It's easy and safe." Nidhi said and sighed.

"What's wrong in it then?" Riddhima said while searching a file.

"Nothing.. I'm just worried." Nidhi said.

"Nidhi don't stress it! Gosh! Come on, they should know. It's going to get clearer and a bit peaceful, at least with Mayank's mother!" Sneha laughed.

"I know right! I don't want half cooked food! Seriously? She gets on my nerves!" Riddhima said in an irritated tone.

"Yes, Ms. Riddhima, seriously. And btw I thought only Avinash gets on your nerves." Sneha said and Nidhi chuckled.

"Avinash!! Shit!! I have to go!!" Riddhima said in hurry.

"Where too?" Sneha asked liked a detective.

"We are having lunch together." Riddhima said in a child like way.

Nidhi and Sneha both teased her with her hooting. "Yaya, bye now! Love you!!" Riddhima said and disconnected her call.

"I need to go as well, I have lots and lots and lots of relatives who are dying to see the new bride." Sneha said in a playful desperate tone.

"All the best, bye." Nidhi chucked and disconnected.

---------------------------------------------------------

After 2 hours of hard work by Gautam's sister. Sneha was ready, yet again for the ceremony downstairs.

"Bitch, run fast! Come down!" somebody called.
'Was it... it was?? No, how is this possible, she can't be here.' Sneha thought.

"Sexy Ass!! come down!!.." she heard another recognizable voice of a lady and now she was well aware that something was wrong or more of right!

When she finally came down, her eyes were searching for them, but couldn't find anyone. Disappointed she went out and was shocked to see almost 200-300 people gathered or the whole village was a better description.
'I thought there were only relatives!' She thought.

"You look hot!" somebody said in her ear.. she turned and hugged him hard yelling "Akshay!!!"

Yes... he was here... he was actually.. here.. in front of her eyes. Her best man!

"Viraj!" she found him standing next to Akshay and rushed to hug him as well.

"Hey, I exist?" said her foul mouth six month pregnant friend.. Sonali.

And with her in front of her it was impossible for Sneha to control her emotions and now she was crying happily. Just then she hear another voice from her back "Make up! Don't ruin it.!" Fanny said from her behind.

"What?.... I mean how?? I don't get it." Sneha asked in a confused cum happy tone.

"Your husband. Who else?!" Sonali said in a sarcastic tone.

"You know....." Sneha said in horror and in guilt..

"Gautam, told us. Unfortunately, you didn't have time to tell us." Sonali said, she was a bit angry with Sneha for not informing them. But she was glad to see her like this, happy.

"It was really strange to receive a call from Riddhima's husband. But then he gave us a long explanation and an invitation." Viraj said.

"So we came! After all, now I can spend some quality time as a free bird and let Nalin handle our tiny Samara." Fanny laughed, she was looking like a perfect sardarni and many eyes were already drooling, unaware of the fact of her being married and a mother of one.

"You look a perfect bride, a city girl with a town touch... I guess.." Akshay said with a smile.

Sneha in return chuckled on his description.

"Hello, everyone!" Gautam's hand magically came on Sneha's back, dressed in all black he looked dashing and many eyes were also on him. Men with envy and women with admiration but she felt proud, as this man's arms were wrapped around her which claimed to him to be hers and hers alone.

"Gautam, this was awesome! The look on her face!!" Sonali said busting into laughter and Sneha made a face but everyone started laughing.

After a series of laughter and talks, they were pulled towards the main area, where they danced and danced like there was no tomorrow.

"Thank you!" Sneha whispered in his ear, while dancing.

"Your always welcome, anything for that smile." Gautam whispered back.

After meeting most of the population of the village. Sneha was pulled on the dancing area again. But within 10 minutes, the music suddenly stopped everyone went drop dead silent when they saw Gautam's taiji standing. In a burning face and Sneha's face dropped when she saw the papers in her hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Riddhima entered the house with a storm, as if she was going to murder someone there and then.

Avinash followed her. "At least care to tell me what's wrong with you lady?" he asked.

"What's wrong with me? Go and ask your fucking ex!" she yelled and threw her heels on the floor.

"Maya? It was just a coincidence." He approached towards but she pushed him away.

"Coincidence? Oh.. Yaa.. her throwing.. her slutry looks and body on you and being a bitch troll to me is just a mere coincidence, Mr. Singhania!" She yelled.

"She just brought back some old memories." He said, confused.

"Obviously! Why to leave any attempt to get into your pants? You too, had you merry time while I was sitting there on the corner like a stupid show piece!" she shouted.

"Riddhima, I don't understand. Why are you mad? Because I talked to her? You were sitting idle? Or she wanted to get in my pants??" He frowned, a slight smile leaving his lips.

"I'm angry because you are a dumb ass! You don't know what to do or understand and you--"

"Dumb Ass?" He was now irritated.

"Yes! Stupid, Idiotic Jerk like--"

Avinash was done, she was getting on his nerves and it was impossible for him to reason her, so he decided to silence her with his lips, on hers.

He kissed her violently, forcing himself on her, trapping her between the wall and himself.
She was stunned but then her hands grabbed his hair and she responded.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"This girl!!" Her tayiji walked angrily towards Sneha with a pointed finger towards her.

Sneha turned to Gautam, but he was was not there. Sonali, Viraj, Akshay and Fanny were the once she saw, dead silent.
Sneha fearfully mouthed Simar to search for Gautam who in return nodded and quickly left.

"What happened?" Gautam's Darji (grandfather) asked in a commanding tone.

"This girl is a con! She cheated us! All of us!" Tayiji shouted and threw all the photographs she had in her hand.
Sneha already knew what she had in her hand, so she didn't even flinch.

"Who is this girl in the photographs?" One of the family member asked.

"She is Riddhima. She is the one with whom Gautam married!" Her tayiji answered.

"No.. that's not true." Sneha said in a weak voice, some how managing to keep her dignity alive.

"From where you got these?" Another family member asked.

"Gautam's mom send me these... and this girl. She cheated and trapped my son!" Tayiji accused her again.

"No, she didn't." Sonali said in a firm voice, supporting her friend.

Sneha was paralyzed by tayaji's words. Her eyes were searching for Gautam all throughout.

"You all are her friends. You all helped her." Tayiji said in anger. "Tell me, was it the money or you just wanted to jump in bed? I know your kind of girls who are ready to sleep with anyone for money. No shame!"

"Aunty!" Akashay shouted, shivering with anger.

Tayiji was about to reply when Biji got up and with tiny little steps moved towards Sneha. All eyes fixed on her.
She held her hand, and stared deeply in her eyes.
"I trust you, tell me. What is the truth?" She asked hopefully.

"Biji... Gautam was suppose to marry Riddhima--"
Sneha somewhat managed when tayiji broke her.
"See??? Happy?? Even Gautam said that she used him."

"Gautam said that?" Sneha asked, shock, heart broken, cheated, she could feel it all.

"She still thinks, I'm lying! Look at her! Shameless." Tayiji said.

Darji angrily got up, Folded his hands "Thank you so much for coming. Leave." Then he hurriedly walked inside the house. Biji gave one last glance to Sneha, sighed and followed him.

Everyone started dispersing. Sneha was still there, not able to move. Not even an inch. She was in denial.

"I have her luggage." Viraj and Fanny came with her bags.

"Let's go." Akshay said and started pulling her towards the car.

It was time to leave, both the village and him.

'When I needed you the most.... Where are you Gautam.'

---------------------------------------------------------

This was the 15th time Nidhi dialed the number. Each passing ring made her heart accelerate faster than before. But this time she didn't disconnect the call, like the previous ones. It was once and for all.

"Nidhi? How are you?" After two bells, her mother answered the call.

"Ma.. I'm good. How is everyone?" She asked in a little voice.

"Missing you. This house doesn't feel like a house anymore." She sighed.

"I miss you all too."

"How was the wedding? And how is Avinash?"

"Nice.. Maa I need to talk about.. Avinash."

"Why? What did you do wrong?"

'It's always necessary to blame a girl for everything wrong, isn't it?' She thought.

"I didn't do anything wrong Maa.. it's just.."

"What? Tell me?"

"I..." She was shivering.

"Tell me!!" Her mother asked firmly.

"I accidentally married Mayank Sharma!" She said in one breathe, no more worried about the consequences.

Note:
Above Sneha and Gautam's attire for the ceremony.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

755K 46.1K 60
"Are you trying to tell me that she may never accept you as her husband?" asked a furious Anirudh. Amar chuckled at his cousin's anger and answered "...
3.3K 260 30
What if the ARRANGED Marriage,as it was thought to be, isn't actually arranged. Then, would you call it an Arranged marriage or a Love marriage? Or...
2.5M 39.9K 44
[Highest Rank : #1 in Romance] I love you Naina, you are my best friend....Any Guy would be lucky to have you as his life partner..... But I can't ma...
1.3M 51.1K 26
Sneha Anand is a 23 year old final year MBA Student. She is Smart, hardworking, ambitious and a kind Girl. She loves her family a lot and has always...