Sight Seeing

CHAPTER 9

Nidhi woke up at 4:00 a.m today.
Even the sun was sleeping, till now!
Yesterday, was tuff as Mayank was busy in his meeting all day and the groom had too many guests to greet. Changes of spending the whole day in this room, again today were very high.
She tried going back to sleep but failed, which irritated her more. She glanced at Mayank but he was sleeping soundly, his peaceful smile while sleeping was contagious, so she thought of not disturbing him and sighed.

She hoped and grabbed her cell and called Arav but his phone was switched off. 'Stupid moron! why does he switch off his phone before sleeping. Now what to do?' She thought.
Suddenly she realized that now is the perfect time to wish for her Arav at sunrise. She always wished that whenever he finds his love, she will wish for his happiness looking at the sunrise.
So she quickly got up, quietly freshened up herself and tip toed out of the room. She started roaming all around. The place, she admired on her first day, was getting on her nerves.
'What a crossroad puzzle!!'
She carefully walked, somewhere, to god knows where, and after a few minutes the next thing she knows is she is on her butt sprawled on the floor. Suddenly lights were switched on and she heard a man's voice asking who is there. She kept quiet, scared for sneaking.
"What are you doing here? And why are you on the floor?" The sound came again.
'Arav!' She took a breathe of relief. But he had a confused look.

"Actually I was not able to sleep so thought of why not to try something new? That is why I came here and intentionally fell so as to experience the pain of hurting your butt on the cold floor!" She answered in a voice dipped in sarcasm.

He rolled his eyes and offered his hand to her. She held it and quickly pulled it so that he falls down with her. But, he is not her childhood friend for nothing. He knows her tactics very well doesn't even budge his hand. Instead he holds her hand tightly and pulls her up. "Dog" she says with an annoyed expression. He continues to look at her.

"What?" She asks.

"You haven't told what you are doing here at this time?" He simply said.

"Ummm... I wanted to go on the roof top." she answered.

"Why?" he asked.

"Sunrise" she spoke with a smile on her face.

"You know it's too chilly outside" He paused and then told her.

"Oh.. I will go get something warm then." saying this she started moving, but suddenly gripped the armrest of the sofa to prevent her from falling. Her ankle thumping badly.

"What happened? Nidhi? Are you ok?" He asked worriedly looking at her pained expression.

"I think my ankle twisted." She replied in a low tone. "But, it will be okay in a few hours." she continued, hopefully.

She started moving again and this time he held her and prevented her from falling.

"Nidhi just go back, take rest." He said.

She moved her head in refusal.

"Shut up Nidhi! Just go. No sunrise." he said in a harsh tone.

"No. No. No. I will go" with that she started moving but Arav didn't let her move. "Leave me Arav. I want to watch sunrise" She told him angrily.

"Fine! Wait here for 2 min. I will be right back." He commanded give her a long glare, emphasizing on his words and went.
He came back within minutes with a jacket and told her to wear it as it was cold outside. She wore it without any argument.

"Now hold me and walk" He instructed.

"No, I can walk on my own." she replied rudely.

"Do you want me to pick you up and take you to the rooftop or will you listen to me?" he threatened her.