The Mafia Queen

By TheBookworm622

#56 in General Fiction Updated-4/28/27 Cover by: neveyourjuliet " You're not leaving!" He yells. Forcefully g... More

Sneak Peek
Chapter {1}: The Beginning Of Everything
Chapter{2}: Tooth Paste Battle
Chapter{3}: The plane goes swoosh
Chapter {5}: Skin Tight
Chapter {6}-Masquerade Ball I
IM SO SORRY!!!
Chapter {7} The masquarde ball II
(A/N: NEED HELP) : I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME TO THE MAFIA QUEEN
Chapter {8}: The Masquarde Ball III
It will continue, but.....

Chapter {4}: Our Savor

3.6K 176 32
By TheBookworm622

Currently Ranked: #89 in The Mafia Queen as of  4/27/17
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Edited: 4/18/17
••••••••••••••••••••
( Picture above: Jessica King, Ella's mom
Actor: Lysndsy Fonesca )
Chapter {4}:Our Savor
Please VOTE and comment😊
Dedicated to... for being and amazing fan! Thins one is for you ❤️
••••••••••••••••••••

Lauren's P.O.V

It was unreal.

The "house" was a mansion. The lawn was the size of a golf course. The walkway paved perfectly, cutting into the green grass. Inside the whiteness of the floors and walls blinded me. A long hallway from the door, has two rooms along-side across from each other. To the right a modern kitchen, to the left and unknown door.  The hallway lead us inside the grand living room, a staircase descending from the upper floors. There was no tv or any momentous that indicated someone lived here. There was a fire place was casted along the wall. 

" Let me guess," I say, pausing at the foot of the marble steps." This 'person' is upstairs?". Holding Ella, Keith moves ahead of me climbing the first three steps.

  " Generally assuming, yes they are upstairs." He says moving at a steady pace. I wonder how many times he's climbed this. " It's not so bad, this is a piece of cake compared to the training you'll receive."

  " Training?" I ask, well more like cry. " How many floors are there?"

  " Four, not including downstairs." Keith yells from another floor as I struggle to keep up. This house was so modern and sophisticated that I hesitated placing my hand on the brown rail. Making it to the top, Keith glowers at my exhaustion, we were on the fourth floor. Red carpet covering the floors.

   " Not bad, right?" He laughs, Ella giggling along with him. I glare at him ,while I put my hair up in a bun. " See that door?" Keith says pointing at the white door with the golden knob, I nod my head. "Beyond that door is your new life in the mafia world."

   A new world with new people, with new adventures, it didn't seem so bad. Keith opens the door revealing nine people within it. Some were sitting on the dark wooden desk, others standing. They were all glancing between Ella and I.

   " Hello." I say kindly, my fingers nervously grasping each other. Thankfully, Ella begins to cry so I take her back from Keith and place her back into my arms. A girl with dark brown hair and light tan skin walks up to me circling her arms around me. 

   " Hi!, I'm Kendra." Kendra says realseing me, I nervously smile back. " I'm Keith's girlfriend, and you're Lauren and that must be princess Ella. " She says flicking Ella's nose. Ella begins to cry again. I place her on my hip ,soothingly rubbing her back. " Sorry didn't mean to upset her. Anyways let me introduce you to the family. " Kendra pulls the arm of a middle aged man wearing a chefs  uniform.

"Meet Humphrey, Ingrid, and Astrid. He's our chef and Ingrid and Astrid are your dress makers and your assistance," I had a dress maker?And a an assistant? " Roseta, with the orange hair, will be Ella's stylist and when you need help Ms. Wanger will be Ella's nanny." Kendra says excitedly. "Oh and your two security details are Vincent  and Noah, and he's not here at the moment but Carter will be your personal trainer. Then there's me, to keep you sane in the Mafia World." She finishes from her uninterrupted speech. I'm surprised she doesn't take a second to breath.

  " Thank you Kendra, it's very nice to meet you all." I say smiling at the group. " Keith can we talk for a second, alone?" He nods his head and opens the door, both of us stepping out.

  " You okay Lauren?" Keith asks furrowing his eyebrows.

   " I'm just a little bit confuse. Dressmakers, assistants, and trainers? Don't you think it's a little much?" I ask quietly, since I noticed  the door had a slight crack. Keith contemplates my plea with a look of exhaustion and a big sigh escaping his lips.

   " Aw, Lauren I know all of this is new and happining  at a rapid pace and that you have a million questions but-"

    " Keith," I stress out. " I moved halfway across the world , dropped out of high school before my graduation, I gave my life away and my dream. And now your telling me I can't get an explanation." The defeat in my voice surprises the both of us. The truth was I just wanted to know why. I deserved that much.

   The door opens and Kendra steps out her body language telling me that she didn't want to intrude, but decide to anyway. " Sorry for medaling but I think I can help you with that sanity moment right about now." Kendra says sheepashliy but as kind as the offer is I wanted to be alone to clear my head. Keith clearly felt the same way.

    The both of them get into an argument about space and I use the opportunity of distraction to slip away and find some quiet. Rushing down the stairs with a tight grasp on a sleeping Ella, I slightly trip over my feet and collide into a big chest.

" I'm really sorry sir, I didn't see where I was going." I say rubbing my forehead. " Or where I was going for that matter. " The older man with familiar brown eyes laughs at my clumsiness assuring me that it's not trouble at all. I should really start paying attention to where I'm walking if I'm in the Mafia now, don't want to stumble into my attacker. That was a bod joke.

  " Assuming I've never seen your lovely face before, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your Lauren and the sleeping child resting on your shoulder is Princess Ella." He says with a slight British accent, I could tell it seemed a little forced but I didn't mind, I found it rather comforting in a way. I laugh and shrug my shoulders.

  "  Yes that's us. Oddly enough everyone seems to know me, like if I'm the princess. Funny right?" We both laugh, this time me forcing it as I shake his extended his hand.

    " Oh I'm sorry I haven't introduced my self, I'm Hendrick , Keith's father." He says with a bright my smile and I smile back  knowing that him and Keith were similar in more ways than one in looks and personality. " I was actually on my way to meet you truth be told. Kendra had been ease dropping and wanted me to help shed some light to the situation. Would you like to come with me to the garden I'm more than happy to answer some of your questions, I won't get in trouble for talking trust me dear. " My shoulders ease up at his words, someone was actually willing to give me answers and willingly! I nod my head vigorously. We make our way downstairs and wait for Ella's nanny, Ms.Wanger,to take her while Hendrick and I talk.

    The old woman had reminded me of a sweet grandma who would bake cookies for everyone in here neighborhood. Ella adjusted in her arms rather quickly than I was anticipating, causing a spark of jealousy to rise in my chest but I would have to get used to it. This is her family.

  The sight of the back yard is breath taking. Bushes upon bushes were blooming with pink roses and carnations, my favorite flowers. The garden had to be twice as large as the front lawn, when I looked up I noticed it was enclosed by a sheet of glass that had vines entangled in each other drapping down like chandaliars. Benches were placed between ever two bushes of flowers. We decided to take a seat at the third one we reached not saying a word for a couple of minutes as we talked in their beautiful breath taking scene.

  " I understand the adjustment is rather challenging to everyone, but you seem to just ease right into everything they've been throwing at you. I'm a little concerned that you're taking this a little to well for someone one who found they're watching the Mafia princess and moved into the world of crazies" He jokes his skin wrinkling even more as he laughs. I laugh along with him but I think to my self is he right? Am I taking this just a little to light. I probably was, but then again all of is is happong at a fast pace as Keith said. " You're thought than you look, which is why Jay is so fond of you. " Aw! He brought up J.

" What's his name this J'  guy?" My eyes squint as sun sharpens its rays. Hendrick looks at me oddly.

  " Jay," he drags out. " His name is Jay." I scowl, what was so special about his name  that I couldn't know about.

" Serisouly what's his name?,It's not funny anymore I'm going to find out eventually, why not now." I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

  " J-A-Y, his name is Jay, " Hendrick explains and laughs. My mind boggles for a quick second. Oh you've got to be kidding me. All the letters sent with the letter J were idiotic, could he really not put the other three letters?

  " That's- Cruel so Cruel. Anyways now that that's out of the way I do have one question particular to Ella. What happened to her parents?" I ask, the thought of Ella having no one frightened me. I didn't want her to have the life I had. Hendricks face drops, a deep frown replacing his fixated smile.

  " There was an incident, a very tragic incident that involved Ella's parents. The information I'm about to give to you is what has been told to me ,but first let me tell you the history of the family and the kingdom just so you have an idea in your head." He says and gets comfortable on the bench.
I lean back and unzipmy sweater, letting my hair fall loose against my shoulders. " Jay and Ella's mom,Jessica, were James and Mindie King, they were great rulers. They had a light the Mafia world hasn't seen in ages but in time all light dies out eventually. Their firstborn was Jessica King, the very dear princess of their hearts, and the palace as well. She saved James and Mindis marriage which I'll explain later on but Jesscia was the new light and when Jay was born two years later everything just fell into place.
Growing up Jessica didn't want to spend the rest of her life in "fear and danger" she said. Jess wanted to get married and have kids while Jay wanted to take up after his father which was agreed on. When Jess turned twenty two she got engaged to her fiancé Colton and got pregnant a year later with Ella. One night when Jay was on a business trip our enemy decided to attack.
Their parents were sleeping in the next room, Jessica eight months pregnant about to be married in the next two months, was awoken by gun shots firing through the windows the adranline kicked in forcing her to go into early labor. Colten's main concern was to get her to the safe room on the opposite side of the hall.
When they made it , they were the only ones who could make it, but if being attacked wasn't bad enough Jess started to miscarry. She forced Colton to cute her stomach open and take Ella out. Of course Colton argued with her but that was her last wish. To see her baby at least one time. So he did and she died a minute later-" Hendrick chokes on his words wiping a couple of tears.
My heart sinks my eyes tearing. What have I gotten myself into? " Angered by the death of his love he went out on anger and got shot to death. Everyone was dead, everyone. Jay came home thirteen hours later, to find his parents and sister dead, but Ella very much alive. We still don't know how survived." When Hendrick finishes I don't know what to say but give my condolences,

" I'm so sorry." Hendrick clasps my hand and we stay in silence mourning Jess. She sounded amazing and kind, why would someone dilbratly attack them and kill someone family in less than five minutes. Not knowing Jay, my heart still goes out to him his only family was Ella.

  " We've all learned to cope, but now we have you and Ella." He says slightly cheerful. Yes, Ella, she's the key to the place. Hendricks picked a rose and twirls it in his finger. That had to hurt.

" I can't believe Jay is all Ella has." My mind goes to the future when Ella starts asking where her mom is and I wouldn't be able to answer that.

" You're her family too, as much even more than Jay. Lauren you are deeply appreciated for all your sacrifices, without out you I don't think any of us would know what to do with a baby. " Hendrick says with a smile and stand up. I can't help but feel graditued and smile back standing with Hendrick.

" Not that I don't mind, but why? I really haven't done anything yet."

" Because You  have a heart of gold. Like I said , you've sacrificed everything for Ella there wouldn't be a reason not to appreciate that." He says with a smile and I tuck a piece of my hair back a blush creeping on my cheeks. "She would have like you Lauren, you're just like her in more ways than one. Do you know who you are Lauren?" He asks. I shake my head no and look at him for the answer. Who was I?

" You are our new hope."
•••••••••••••••••••
Wow talk about pressure guys!
Terrible what happened to Jay's family. I actually had a hard time writing that, killing of a characters family is hard man.

Anyways I hoped you guys enjoyed let me know your thoughts 💭 Don't forget to vote to please it would really mean a lot!
~ Kayla🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 259 42
"Don't go inside! Stay!" She said, holding her hand up to show me her palm and then I leaned over the balcony, resting my forearms on the railing to...
264K 5.5K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
354 24 17
Never in her wildest dreams, she would have thought that her past trauma would greatly affect her life. Annie... Annie... Those words were like need...
210K 5.6K 34
"Oh Cmon London! It's not that bad! She's just there to help and protect you! After all there are people coming after me and I wanna make sure your o...