New Beginnings and Sinful Tre...

By chellebelly94

Todays to-do list: Lilly's new life 1) focuses on personal life 2) stop trying to please mother 3) make litt... More

New Beginings
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three

Chapter eleven

24.7K 781 64
By chellebelly94

Lilly's POV:

Gabe hadn't been kidding about wanting to make me a believer that his momma had raised him right. Everything he had prepared had been cooked perfectly. But the food was just the tip of the iceberg when it came to thing's that Gabe did perfectly. That kiss he gave me earlier still had me in a hot and bothered tail spin.

I was sitting on the sofa in Gabe's living room, thinking over the evenings events. When I got the feeling that something or maybe I should say someone was watching me. Looking up from were I had zoned out, I found Gabe leaning against the door frame watching me. As he continued to stand there looking at me my brain saw it as a good time to just stair right back. I let my eye's travel his body. I couldn't help taking stock of the way his wide shoulders seemed to span the width of the door, and the fact that he was almost as tall as the door it self. But as my eyes continued there journey over his rather large body. I couldn't help noticing what looked to be a tattoo peaking out from under his navy blue t-shit. My eyes bulged for a good minute. How could I have missed that?

I was so caught up in the major fact that I had managed to over look Gabe's ink. That I completely missed him starting to talking to me. Until I looked back up to the door and saw that Gabe had moved, and was now standing next to my spot on the sofa.

Gabe looked down at me before saying "Let me guess you weren't listening to a word I just said?"

Laughing sheepishly. I tilted my head back so I would be able to look him in the eye.

"No, I'm sorry I got a little side tracked while I was looking at something before. What did you say?"

Gabe gave me his signature crocked smile, that told me he new what exactly had captivated my full attention before.

"Well did you enjoy the view? I can always move back, you really should be looking at my right side. I've always been told that it's my good side." Gabe said all of this with a straight face.

"Oh know your not going to make me fell like the creeper! I was so no the one who started staring first. And didn't I here you tell Ryan he couldn't stair at me before? So what makes you so special cowboy?"

Gabe's eyes smile grew as his stormy gray eye's darkened. I was mesmerized again. I really couldn't help staring thins time.

"Well look who's begin a 'creeper' again."

"Ah" I said as I stood up from the sofa, but this so was not a good move on my part. I now stood smack dab in front of Gabe's wide chest. The one I knew was muscular from are kissing in the kitchen earlier, were my hands had found there way up his shirt.

Gabe tilted his head back so he would be able to see my face, but made no effort to put any distant between us much like earlier. "So how about we sit outside for this grown up conversation you were talking about earlier?" I had heard what Gabe had said to me, for lord knows I loved to listen to that man talk. It had to be his good 'old boy southern drawl. It was my kryptonite.

"That sounds great." I blushed for the fact I knew we were going to be alone for this 'talk'. And lord knows what could happen with that fact alone.

"While I already light a fire in the pit out back. But before we go out I wanted to know if you would like a grown up conversation."

"Your a real smart ass. I never would have thought that from all the other times we've talked, but tonight your on a roll." I said laughing at Gabe's face.

Gabe actually blushed while rubbing his hand over the back of his neck. "Sorry about that. I'm just really comfortable with you Lilly. I keep forgetting that I'm suppose to be impressing you with my charm not my smart wit."

Crap I didn't mean to make him feel bad. If anything I loved the fact that he kept me on my toe's with his slick come back's. I really should have just kept my mouth shut.

"I didn't mean it like that Gabe. I love that your willing to give me everything I dish out right back." I said with a big smile.

"Still-"

"NO. And I would love a adult drink." My smile still intact.

Shacking his head Gabe leaned down and kissed my forehead, before walking over the liquor cabinet. I took advantage of having Gabe's back facing me. The back of him was almost as good as the front, with those wide shoulders that tapered down to a perfectly trimmed waist and behind. But my musing was interrupted when Gabe turned back around holding our hour drinks.

"Come on. We got some thing's to discuses, right?"

Smiling I followed Gabe out the sliding screen door to the back porch. When I got outside I couldn't help noticing the beautiful set of Adirondacks chairs. As I sat down in one I noticed that they were also made from real hard wood. I wonder were Gabe got them. I shock my head, it's not like the man's not sitting next to me. I could just ask his.

"These are beautiful chair's. Where did you get them form?"

Gabe ran his hand throw his hair before answering my question. "I made them."

"Wow Gabe there amazing." I said looking at the chairs in aw.

"Don't sound so surprised. Don't you remember me telling you that I was a contractor before."

Ah yes I do remember him saying that. It was the day he and Ryan had come into the bakery for lunch. Having this reminder of the fact that my hunky neighbor was a contractor reminded me of my to-do list. Gabe really could kill two of those item's him being the stone.

"Well in my defenses you said you were a contractor not a craftsman."

Gabe laughed. "There the same thing were I come from Lilly."

"Oh well I knew that. So you were a contractor were ever you lived before?" I asked hoping Gabe would get the hint that I was trying to fill in the blanks, that were Gabe's past.

Gabe smiled over at me. He understood what I wanted. "Yes I was a contractor back in Texas. I worked for my fathers company with my three younger brothers in Huston."

"A contractor by trade. What made you leave the family business? Judging by these beautiful chairs I'm guessing you were pretty good at what you did." I didn't mean to pry but I just knew there was a story behind Gabe's leaving Texas.

"You sure don't dance around the hard questions, now do ya." Gabe said this with a forced smile.

"I'm sorry if I prying a little to deep to early, but I cant help but get the felling that there's a pretty good reason to why you left Texas."

Gabe picked up his glass and brought it to his lips once again as he looked into the fire. I think I just managed to put my foot right back into my mouth again. Really when well I learn.

The silences stretched out for so long that I was afraid that we would never speak again. So I was surprised when I here'd the rumble of Gabe's deep voice begin to speak again."I left Texas because my ex-wife had an affair with my cousin. Not that this was the first time she had done something like this, but that last one was the one that pushed me right on over the edge."

I stayed silent as I watched Gabe. His revelation stunned me in a way. He was divorced , but that wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was the fact that his ex had the nerve to cheat on this man in the first dam places. Yet the women had to make it worries by adding salt to the womb by having the affair with his cousin.

I watched as Gabe picked up his glass again taking a big sip before continuing. Oh boy this cant be good if he needed more liquid courage to continue on.

"I just needed to get Ryan out of that town. You see my ex Mia had always had the gossip mill running but her last stunt was just to much. Her actions were starting to stain the reputation or our son. Hell I could have dealt with her having an affair know problem, I've got big shoulders. God gave me them for a reason other then to play football. But I couldn't think of just myself at that point I have Ryan now, and that boy's my world. So when I gained full custody of him I started to go house hunting as far away as possible from my ex-wife and her drama. And that's why I left Texas. The shorter version without the gory details." Gabe said laughing at himself.

I was still stunned by the fact that his ex-wife has thought that Gabe wasn't enough, and that she needed to go out looking for greener pastures in the form of his cousin. But to top it all off was the fact that Gabe hadn't left his home town because he was embarrassed by his ex's actions. No he had left everything he had know so he could shield his young son from the whispers at the grocery store. And that fact alone warmed my heart even more trough Gabe, the gentle giant.

"I don't think its a good thing that you haven't said anything yet. Did I say to much?" Gabe asked while looking at me with concern in his eyes light by the fires light.

"I was just taking it all in."

Gabe nodded his head at me "Ya I know it's a wallop of a story."

I looked over to Gabe making sure to ketch hi eyes before saying "I hope you doing mind me saying this Gabe, but what was your ex-wife thinking? How could she not be fully satisfied with you. Your like a fucking cowboy god, And who could she do this kind of thing to Ryan? He's just a baby! Your a fantastic man and father, and that story just proves that fact alone."

Gabe just stared at me after I finished my rant. The sane side of my brain was now screaming that we would probably have to leave pretty soon after that rant. And lets not forget this want the first time I had but my foot in my mouth during the courses of the evening. Crap.

But just when I thought Gabe was going to ask me to leave, for bashing his ex-wife. He have me that crocked smile while his stormy gray eye's darkened with to many emotions for me to pick out just one.

"I don't mind what you said Lilly. I wonder about the same things many nights after I found out about the affair. But Mia has always been a hot mess like that even in high school. And my momma promised me she would never change the day I told her I was proposing. I should have listen to her, but at least I got Ryan from the deal."

I let out the breath I had been holding before answering him. "I thought you were going to be anger with me because I said those things. My mouth runs faster than my brain most times."

Gabe continued to smile at me. "Its fine you were just being honest."

"Still-" I sighed looking away from Gabe and into the fire.

"So you think I'm a cowboy god?" Gabe asked as he smirked at me while leaning forwarded so his elbows now rested on hid muscular thighs.

I try to hide my face with my hands. I couldn't believe I had said that out load. That personal tidbit was not suppose to leave my heat. Crap.

I turned my head back to were Gabe sate looking at me still smiling. There was no real way of hiding from him. "Ah well ya about that. You cant tell me you don't know how handsome of a man your are."

Gabe's eyes darkened with a very clear emotion, lust. "Ya, I've been called handsome, cute, hot and sexy but never have I been brought up to GOD standing. Especially a cowboy god at that."

Oh God. I wanted a hole to open up underneath me and swallow me at this very moment. I could not believe we were having this conversation right now.

"I cant believe out of all the things I said before, you managed to pick out that one complement out of all the others I just paid you." I said shacking my head.

"Ha, I just think its cute. Your different Lilly. Your not like any other person I've ever meet." Gabe said all of this while stirring me in the eye.

I couldn't help staring right back into his twin stormy eyes , that held lust just for me. And as we lost our selves in each other's eyes our body's found themselves moving closer to one another. I closed my eyes just as his lips touched mine. The kiss started out so sweet, but as the minutes passed us our passion took over like it had in the kitchen earlier. As are tongs danced the oldest dances, I could feel Gabe's large rough hands cup the back of my head. This was my que to let my hands have free rain over his body. I ran my hands up into his hair and pulled his head closer in an effort to deepen the kiss.

Gabe felt the same sense of urgency, for in that moment I found myself being picked up and placed in his lap. All while never breaking the seal are lips had made. But as the minutes continued to tick by I knew I would have to end the kiss, for my lungs were starting to scream for air. So I turned my head pulling my lips form Gabe's and tucked my head in the side of his neck. We both we're trying to get a handle on are breathing as the night stretched on.

I couldn't help smiling once I began breathing more normally. I was currently straddling Gabe's lap, where I could still feel the lasting effects of our kiss under myself. I still don't know how his wife could find a fault with him. Because what I was feeling felt pretty dam spectacular. For this was the second time tonight that something like this had happened. This cowboy was skilled.

"So I guess you really do think I'm a cowboy god, huh?" Gabe said slightly dazed while his hands continued to hold ne in places by my thighs.

This made me sit up so I could look into Gabe's eyes "I cant really deny it after what just happened. Now can I?"

"Nah I guess not. I personally don't no why your so embarrassed to admitted it anyways. I think your beautiful."

"Aw! Thank you Gabe." I said blushing. "I should probably get down, right?" I asked Gabe.

Gabe laughed before answering me. "Well if it were up to me. I would say no don't move, but if your uncomfortable by all means do what feels right."

This though me off. Fun Lilly wanted to stay right on Gabe's Lap, but sane Lilly was like 'what would your mother think if she saw you right now?' I was so unsure and angry with the fact that I still had thoughts of what would my mother would think at a time like this. That I decide to just block them all out and just go with what felt right. And fun Lilly felt right tonight.

"I'm glade your evil side won the war." Gabe said chuckling at me while his eyes still held desire. "So tell me about yourself. Now that you know what brought me here, I think I'm entitled to a little of your back story."

Blushing I smiled at Gabe as I moved away from him slightly, so I would be more comfortable.

"Ya I do owe you that at the very least don't I."

Gabe nodded while reaching one arm down to pick up his glass. After he took his sip I reached for the glass to take a sip as well. Even though I had my own glass I really didn't want to move to go get it.

"Well this is my home town. I've only left to go away to go to college and to study abroad along with my internship, and that all totaled to about nine years. My parents are divorced my father moved to Virginia with his new family leaving my mom and my two other siblings. My brother James is the oldest and is in the Maries now. My baby sisters name is Gabrielle, but we all call her Gabby she just got married a few years back and is now expecting. So that makes me the forgotten middle child." That got Gabe to laugh while he continued to listen to me.

"I've had my own business for four years. But before that me and my two best friends shared an apartment in the city for two years, while we worked at the Four Seasons doing an internship. Now I'm running my way to busy bakery with those same two friends. While trying to have a personal life. I also just bought a fixer upper cape cod."

Taking a breath before continuing. "That's not everything but I don't want to scare you off. This is only is our first date." I said smiling up to Gabe.

"I can hardly find a reason to run away from anything you just told me. Especially after the boom I drooped on you before." Gabe said this while looking me in the eye.

"Well that's good to know." I laughed.

"Were did you study abroad?"

"Australia. For some reason I had it in my head that if I went to the country that seems to produces so many sexy men I might have a better chance of getting myself one." I smiled to myself remembering how determined I was in my quest to find a hot Aussie.

Gabe's eye's grew serious as he looked into mine, as if he was angered by the idea of me wanting to find a hot Aussie.

"Well did you?" Gabe asked in a tight voices.

"No. Calm down, I've always been to focused on my study's or work to really worry about finding a guy. My time studying abroad was know different. Even though my fun side really wanted it to be."

Gabe dropped his eyes while his cheeks redden. "Sorry"

"Its alright Gabe." I said smirking.

"Nah I need to make my idiotness up to you. I couldn't help noticing your house the other night when me and Ryan were moving in. It had good bones but needs a pick me up. I remember wondering who was the owner, and if they had a good contractor on the books. But now that I know that your the owner I can say for a fact that you don't have a contractor, right?"

"You would be right there. I keep meaning to look for a contractor, but every time I go to have a meeting with a person something comes up." I said frustrated, for I had been trying for weeks to get a contractor on the books.

"Well than you don't have to keep putting off your search anymore. Your cowboy god is at your services." Gabe said all of this while smiling at me like he was the king of the world.

"That would be perfect, but I cant pull you away from your own home. You and Ryan just moved in. You should be focusing all of your attention over here at your place not over at my place. I find time to get a contractor eventually." I said trying to get up from Gabe's lap again.

But he had other ideas about this when he grabbed by hands, and pulled me back into his lap. Were I found myself once again eye to eye with Gabe.

"I wasn't asking Lilly. I miss my work in construction and you have a project that needs fix' in. So its done. Stop worrying about me and Ryan were going to be fine." Gabe said this in a stern voice.

Knowing I couldn't resist that tone of voice I knew I would have to agree. "Fine! But at least let me pay you for your work. Its only fair," I added at the end when I noticed Gabe wanting to protest.

"Alright, when do you want me to come over and look at the place than?" Gabe asked as he dropped my hands, and let his hands find there way back around my thighs were his thumps resumed there rubbing.

The feel of his hands rubbing my thighs slowed my brains thinking power for a good five minutes.

"Ah Lilly?" Gabe must have noticed my slight comatose state.

"Huh? Oh ya, my bad. How about you just come over now. Because lord knows when I'll be home at a decedent hour again."

"Um Lilly not that I wouldn't love to go over to your place tonight, but its 1:30 in the morning. Its just a little to dark for me to really get a good look at what needs fix' in, and give you an accurate estimate."

"Ha, I didn't even notice the time. I'm usually just getting home at this time."

"Wow" Gape said surprised

"Ya. my family call's me 'night owl' because I like to stay up late and work, so I can sleep in come the next morning." I said with a laugh.

"Well its a bit past my bed time for sure. That five years old sleep' in in there likes to wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed every morning."

"Well than you have to let me up Gabe. Unless were sleeping out here tonight?" I said kidding as I tried to get up again. Which was a bigger fail than before.

"So when do you want me to come over?" Gabe asked like he didn't here me say that he was going to have to let me get back up if he wanted to go to bed.

"How about you stop over whenever you have time and you see that my cars in the drive way?" I asked hopping that this would appeases the demanding Cowboy. I was starting to get very flustered the longer I sate on his lap, so close to his hard intimates.

"That'll work. Now how about one more kiss before I walk you home?" Gabe's eyes darkened again with desire as they looked into my own, which I knew were reflecting the same.

And really how could I say no to an offer as perfect as that. It did come from the Cowboy God himself.

P.S.

My lovely readers I hope you have enjoyed chapter eleven! I would greatly appreciate you all to commit and vote. This chapter has become my personal favorite, so let me know how you feel about it and what your personal favorite is. Things are heating up for Gabe and Lilly so make sure to stay tuned!!

-With love

Chellebelly94 XOXO ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 2.3K 21
[@WATTPAD READING LIST - AMPLIFYING ASIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER VOICES - MAY 2021] [@WATTPADASIANFICTION READING LIST - FROM ME TO YOU - FEBRUARY 2023]...
47.1K 1.9K 34
After fleeing from her scumbag ex and quitting college over three years ago Joanie Collins has now rebuilt her life running a little bakery back in h...
3.4K 825 50
|Updates every Tuesdays| "Come with me." I laugh and wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead. "And why would you think I'd go anywhere with you?" I...
1.6M 48K 70
When 20 year old Calliope Sweeney's recent boyfriend cheats on her the very same day she graduates from culinary school she decides to for once think...