Secret Desire (Nyssara FanFic)

By canary_heir

A Nyssara FanFic (Arrow) Sara Lance is the sweet yet rebellious daughter of a police detective. Though co-c... More

Notes
The Archer
Partners
Max
Dear...YOU
Study Buddies
Dreams
Beauty Beyond Clear Blue Skies
Do It for You
Taking the Leap
No Holding Back
Pour My Heart Out
Hurt, Loved, Confused
Can't Stay Away
Lost to Her
Here With Me
Fallen for an Angel
Conflicted
Take Me or Leave Me
The Last Letter
The Choice
Without Her
Continue Living
The Way We Were
Trying
Your Turn to Leave
Drifting
Find You
Her Love Is Incredible
Promise of a New Beginning
A Part of You
Always
Ta-er al-Sahfer
Finding a Place
Home
Dimming Hope
The Protector
Acceptance
Grievances
Retribution
When Tomorrow Comes
Heroes
That Life isn't You
Wasn't Mine to Keep
Author's Note
Where Everything Changed
To No End
No Escaping You (Preview)

Death is a Welcomed Thought

1.8K 50 9
By canary_heir

Sara wandered around the corridors in search of Nyssa. She knew she shouldn't be roaming around on her own, but she rarely goes out, and when she does, she doesn't really see the place she's holed up in, so she thought what the hell, she'll deal with the consequences later. It was not like Nyssa would tie her up so she won't do it. The thought of that gave her a similar idea but in a different light. She smiled to herself at the naughty thought she had.

She moves out of the way and tries to hide out of sight when she spots other assassins coming her way. And in her opinion, she doing quite well with the sneaking around and it was giving her a thrill. The thrill of adventure. Finding comfort once again, more importantly, finding it again with Nyssa, it gave her a different sense of security. She still had nightmares, but less frequently and less intense. She doesn't feel the need to run away from danger anymore. Being with Nyssa, being succumbed to her life with the League, she would gladly dive head first into the pits of hell as long as she has Nyssa by her side.

She found Nyssa in full gear battling it out with five assassins. Her moves swift and precise as if her sword was just another part of her body. They were no match for her. She takes them down as quickly as they got up. Her facial features were so different from when she's with her. Then, her face is brighter, softer and sometimes a little vulnerable. Now, she looks fierce, unshakeable, and very intimidating. Either way, she's her Nyssa and she loves her. She loves both sides of her; the sweet and passionate lover, and the tough guarded warrior that she is.

Nyssa spotted her and Sara saw her eyes light up a little then her expression became harder than the one she had while going against the other assassins. She dismissed them and sheathed her sword. She started walking towards Sara still wearing the hard expression that told Sara she was in big trouble.

"What do you think you're doing here?"

Up close, Sara could see the fury in Nyssa's eyes.

"I...I know I shouldn't have..."

"Then why did you?" Nyssa quickly cut her off.

"I was just... I'm sorry."

A man in the shadows watched them closely. He observed every detail, every emotion they try so desperately to hide, clearly not wanting anyone else to see, but he sees them so clearly. The way they stood so close to each other, the way they look at each other, she saw anger in one, while guilt in the other, but still all around them, they emanated love. He felt how strong it was even though the situation does not seem to show any. He was intrigued. He made no move, simply observed as Nyssa took Sara by her forearm and dragged her down the hall and made their way to her room.

She closed the door behind them and started pacing back and forth, still steaming with anger.

"How many times have I told you never to wander around! What if someone saw you? What if he saw you? Do you have any idea what could happen?"

Nyssa's disposition and the tone of her voices was starting to scare Sara. She didn't think it would be that big of a deal.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." Sara said softly in an almost inaudible voice.

"It better not!" Nyssa stated sternly. Then all the fury burning through her faded when she saw the fear in Sara's eyes. How many times she had promised not to let those clouds shadow her eyes again, yet she's the one putting them in her. She let her shields down and got close to her. She took her hands in hers and laid her forehead against hers. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing in the fear she too possessed. She opened her eyes and looked deep into the ocean of blue of Sara's.

"I'm afraid, Sara. I'm sorry I lashed out on you. I'm just so afraid of what could happen, I don't know what to do. If someone had seen you. If my father had seen you. I still haven't talked to him about you being here. I know he knows, but if he sees you, Sara; if he sees you wandering around like that, I... He could... He could have you killed." Nyssa almost choked at the thought of the last one she said. She knows her father. He never approved of her love for Sara. He could use the opportunity to get rid of his heir's distraction and weakness.

Sara saw the deep seated fear in Nyssa. It was what she feared most, being the reason for her beloved's demise. She would never be able to forgive herself for that. Wanting to be with her so much, she brought her into her dark and dangerous world, putting her at great risk. She has long battled with choosing whether to be happy and keep her by her side but will lead to her life being at risk, or just let her go, keep her at a distance and keep her safe. Both cause her great misery, but the thought of never being with her is simply unbearable. She just has to make sure to be there by her side at all cost to save her from all the danger her life with the League entails.

"Your father loves you. He will not harm me." Sara tried to soothe her.

"He never approved of us."

"But he allows it."

"He tolerates."

"None the less, it is because he loves you. He won't risk losing his daughter by killing her beloved."

"You don't know my father. He is Ra's al Ghul, head of the demon."

"Okay. This, I know. No matter what happens, I love you, Nyssa al Ghul."

"Don't say it like that."

"Like what?"

"Like it's the last." Nyssa could feel the darkness of the mood setting in. Her fear of losing Sara ever growing. She couldn't even look at her now. She promised to be her protector, yet she's the one being broken down by her fear.

Sara lifter her chin to force her to look back into her eyes. She felt a sense of possessiveness seeing Nyssa so vulnerable; showing her fear, and breaking down all her walls right in front of her. It was just for her. All those fear, all those walls down, just for her. Her Nyssa. The greatest thing she could trust her with, that she doesn't even let anyone get a glimpse of, all her emotions. No barriers, just raw stripped down emotions for her alone. She smiled at how honored she felt by it. Being the only one to see all that of someone so incredible.

"I love you." Sara said, her eyes sparkling in the dark.

Nyssa smiled as well. Her light. Her Sara's light that could always brighten her darkest moments. Yes, only she is capable of easily washing away her fears and worries with a sweet smile, a sparkle in her eye, of simply being there. Only she could do that. Her light. Her Sara.

"And I love you, Sara Lance."

They stood there in each other's embrace, looking at each other, just letting their eyes do the talking. Their gazes overflowed with love.

The door opened, but they stayed holding one another.

"Ra's al Ghul summons her presence."

Those words completely broke the moment. Sara saw another flash of fear in Nyssa's eyes before she put back her shields in the unwelcomed presence. Her feature took a more serious note and grew furious when she realized it was Alec who had spoken. Of course it was him. The bearer of the dreaded news.

"You did this."

Alec scoffed, "I wish I had part in this, for the numerous times I had warned your father, I think he has finally come to his senses. He should put her in her right place."

"What has she ever done to you, Alec?"

"Ra's al Ghul summons her presence. He does not appreciate to be kept waiting."

"I can take her to him."

"I am here to make sure of that."

He was once more than a fellow assassin to her, he was her most trusted friend. It seems that they no longer see things the same way. She knew she has changed, but she also thought she could still trust him.

Sara made her look at her again. She gave her a small smile. "It's okay."

"It's not." Nyssa's jaw was set and her teeth gritted.

"It will be."

"How the hell are you so calm about this?" Fear and anger was tearing her apart, and Sara's calm was just infuriating her further. She has no idea what they could have gotten themselves into.

"I have you with me. We'll be okay. It'll all be okay." And just like that, she once again managed to get her to calm down as well.

They made their way to the center of the League's sanctuary, to where Ra's al Ghul awaits for them, with Alec trailing behind them. Nyssa held onto Sara's hand protectively. And Sara squeezed her hand reassuringly. But it wasn't enough to keep her growing fear at bay as they come closer and closer to being face to face with her father.

A man in a long thick robe stood with his back to them. He was looking intently at a small pool of water, the Lazarus Pit, as if finding something quite interesting in its enchanted waters.

"Father. I..." Nyssa began, but was silenced by her father as he raised a hand to her.

He turned around revealing a middle aged man with silver flecks of hair, growing creases as if he has been burdened by the darkness of the world. He looked intimidating, scary even, with just the way he presents himself. But Sara finds herself unafraid. Maybe she had become braver or just more stupid, she thought to herself. He is the head of the demon, the leader of a league of assassins, how could she not be afraid? Then she looked at the beautiful brunette holding her hand and knew that she was being brave for both of them as she remembered the fear she saw in Nyssa's eyes as she worried about her meeting with her father.

"Present her to me." His voice was very commanding, even in its natural tone.

Nyssa was standing in front of Sara as if shielding her from her father's gaze.

"Present her to me."

Not wanting to anger him, she moved to the side, a few feet away from Sara.

Ra's scrolled his gaze over Sara, studying her. He sensed that she wasn't afraid, and was immediately intrigued.

"Are you prepared to die, child?"

Nyssa was horrified by the thought, but her training kept her still. As long as her father does not strike, she dares not intrude. She would not like to incur the wrath of her father, which could be directed towards Sara.

Everyone in the room was surprised at the heart warming laugh that bursted from Sara. Nyssa felt like it was the first time she had fallen for her. Her lovely infectious laugh. Her reaction clearly surprised Ra's. She was not only unafraid as she faced him, but she had dared to laugh aloud in question of her death.

"Do you find what I said amusing? Or do you covet death that much?"

"I welcome death. After what I have been through, it is a welcomed thought. A sweet and easy escape."

Nyssa didn't know what to make of what Sara was saying. She felt hurt that she is okay with dying, leaving her alone for good.

"And I am happy and content to have found love and comfort in your daughter's arms once again."

She had definitely caught Ra's interest. It wasn't the horror she went through before that makes her prepared to die, it was wanting to die happy that was fueling her courage.

"But you will not kill me."

Ra's interest peaked, making him smile. "I won't? And why is that?"

"You love your daughter. Even if you try to make me believe otherwise, she is still valuable to you no matter what. You won't kill me out of spite. It will burn every bridge you have with her. You will lose a daughter and an heir."

"I could have her kill you, if I wish it."

Nyssa was appalled. How could her father suggest such a thing? She would never do that, even over her strong devotion to the league.

"Then be it."

It was Ra's turn to let out a laugh. He was amused by her. She may not seem like it at the moment but she is very strong willed.

"Now, I see why my daughter is so fond of you."

There was something about her that makes her special. He thought of a plan for her. Whether she burns out, or rise up out it, is solely up to her will. He sees the survivor within, the warrior. The only complication about everything about it is her being the weakness of his daughter and Nyssa being hers.

"I shall allow you to stay, but you must pledge your life to the League. I will train you; turn you into a fine assassin; have you fight side by side with your love, my daughter, Nyssa; but your life is to the League."

Nyssa would love to keep Sara by her side more than anything, but could she let her go down that dark path and be an assassin for the League like her? Sara is capable of going through all the training and definitely rise above them, but being in the league changes a person. Could Nyssa risk having Sara endure that change in her? Would she be able to endure if Sara chooses to do so? Could they go through it all and be better than ever?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 148 12
The Bureau is missing one of their own, Ava has been kidnapped. She has been through a war, she has loved and she has lost but when Sara is called in...
640 23 14
Liberty Davis is just a typical fangirl who loves superheroes. Despite the millions of comics, games, movies, and TV series in existence, CW's Arrow...
2K 106 24
Sara Lance is rescued by the heir to the demon, from dehydration and severe injuries after a shipwreck. But it comes at a cost. What will happen when...
45.2K 941 30
Now that the Time Masters are destroyed, it's up to Kate Rory and the Legends to guard the timeline. But new villains arrive, new friendships are mad...