{COMPLETE} THE DEAL OF FREEDOM

By itsme_ashika

CHICKLIT, ROMANCE AND THRILLER. Contains Murder and Mental abuse Highest Ranking: #1 ChickLit "Let's ma... More

Preface
Of Lila and Vikram
Of Sneezing and Handkerchiefs
Of Past and Business
Of Balcony and Second Meetings
Of Contracts and Cousins
Of Breaking and Entering
Of Sleepover and Mothers
Of Sleeping Man and Marriages
Of Decisions and Meetings
Of Proposals and Rejections
Of Bollywood heroes and Confessions
Of being a Object and Fiance
Of Acceptance and Plans
Of Blushing and Successful Plans.
Of Questions and Partial Answers
Of Surprises and Insecurities
Of Almost Kiss and Vodka
Of Expelling Alcohol and Kiss
Of Engagement and Late night meetings
Sorry
Of letter and Truths
Of Threat and Wedding
Of Secrets and Confidence
Of Wake Up Calls and Breakfasts
Of Lacy Bra's and Ex Girlfriend
Of Drama and Crying
Of Control Freaks and Disclosures
Of Uncles and Oops
Of Messages and Markets
Of Old Friends and Happiness
Of Gangnam Style and Selfies
Of Flights and Fights
Of Anger and Spa
Of Accidents and Confrontations
Of Megan and Vikram's story
Of Lucas's and Markus's Story
Of Chulbul Pandey and Murderer
Of Jealousy and Burning Clothes
Of Vilas Kaka and Threats
Of Ajji and Recordings
Of Endings
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
Forbidden Attractions

Of Charming Butlers and Old Friends

23.6K 1K 56
By itsme_ashika

Vikram's Pov

Being restless was the only thing I got from my sleep. The memories of that fire haunted me for years. That accident created a hole in my heart which I thought would never go away.
Until I met her.

I glanced on my chest, she was sprawled on me.

Lila was a heavy sleeper and not even an really big trumpet could get her out of sleep. She was my own personal dreamcatcher, she kept my nightmares away.

Did I love her? Yes. I did love her. Maybe more than I ever loved Megan. Megan would always have a special place in my heart and so will Lila.

After two to three hours we got up and ready. Lila was in awe of simple things. She thought the scenes in front of us were beautiful but I disagreed. She was the most beautiful things.

"I want you to meet someone." I told her as we were walking on the beach.

"Who?" Always the curious thing.

"The owner of the hotel we are staying in and my really good friend"

"He owns it? Woww" She was surprised."He must be really rich"

"I am also rich. Not like him. But yeah" I admit I was jealous of her reaction. If I cracked the deal of our business in Pune it would really help Galaxy Group but it would take me at least a year before I tell Lila to sign over that business to me.

But why does she needs to sign it over to me? She is my wife. She is directly a part of Galaxy Group. We just have to include our business in it.

Eureka.

I held Lila close to me and kissed her head.

"What happened?"

"I had an idea"

"What?"

"Let me tell it to you later, first let's meet Markus"

*****************

Markus Alfero was my really good friend. We were together since college. Markus, me, Raj and Lucas best buddies. Markus and Lucas were brothers but Lucas was no longer with us. He died years back.

Yesterday I had called Markus up but he made an excuse about not being in Maldives but I called up his sister to confirm that he was definitely in here.

I knew where his apartment was. I have been there a dozen of times when we boys used to meet.

I knocked on his door with Lila on my side, his very old English butler whom Markus didn't travel without opened the door.

"Mr. Vikram what a surprise"

"Good morning Albert. Is Markus in"

"Yes. Master Markus is in his study"

"Okay. Albert meet my wife Lila" His eyes sparkled as he looked upon Lila with satisfaction. He took Lila's right hand and said,"It's lovely to meet you Mrs. Joshi"

Lila smiled to that. Albert may be old but he was always the charming bugger and mind you he had the best hangover remedy ever.

We went inside. I knew where Markus was. I knocked on his door.

"Come in"

"Lila will you please here for a second" She nodded.

"Well, weren't you supposed to be in London?" I said.

"Vikram" He looked surprised,"Who told you I was here?"

He came forward and hugged me. It felt good to be around your friend but a thought rang in my mind. Why did he lie to me about not being here?

"Your sister" I replied.

"Ah.. Alexis. Well I happy to know that you still know how to charm things out of people"

"I still do that, by the way I want you to meet someone special"

"Don't tell me what Raj was blubbering on phone was true" He said with a surprised tone.

"I don't know what he has told you but let me introduce you to my wife Lila"

My revelation hit Markus like a block, he was astonished. Lila entered the room. Markus took a step back after looking at her. Was I missing anything here? Lila seemed confused too.

I was going to speak up but just then my phone vibrated. It was a message from a blocked number. Was it the same person who sent me the last message? With shaky hands I opened the message.

'Do you think taking her to Maldives is gonna save her? I can get to her there too'

*****************************

Lila's POV

I looked towards the man in front of me, he was handsome. Even more than Vikram. He was wearing grey tracks with a tight fitted shirt.

He was looking at me as if he saw a ghost. I looked to my left, Vikram was looking at his phone his face white.

What's happening? I knew I should have taken bath. I must be smelling. All those advertisment of Deo's are false.

"Hmm.. Hi.. I am Lila" Why always I have to break the ice.

"I am sorry, I am Markus. It is very nice to meet you" Oh he can speak. And is polite.

Vikram hasn't said a word.

"Umm.. we are staying at your hotel. It is very nice"

"You are? Thank you. Wait till you see the one I have in Hawaii, it will blow your mind away"

"Well then I must go there, Don't I Vikram?" I said taking his hand in mine.

"Hmm.. ya.. yes"

"Why don't you join me in my living room? The view is amazing" Markus offered.

"Lila, why don't you go there with him. I will join you in a minute"

Okay. He is acting weird.

"I am thinking about that too" Markus said.

"Did I said it out loud?" I said looking at view in front of me.

"You did. By the way do you know Mita?" He asked casually but I think his voice was strained.

"Yes, she is my cousin" Unfortunately.

"Oh"

"Why? How do you know her?"

"She used to hang out with us in school"

Obviously. She used to hang out with them. She was Vikram's girlfriend.

"Sorry, I had some work" Vikram said coming back,"Markus, meet us tomorrow for drink. Let's catch up"

"Okay sure" He replied.

We left his house. Charming Albert was nowhere to be seen. Markus seemed tensed after looking at me. I don't what problem he had with me.

"Why didn't you call him today to meet us?"

"Because we have more important things to do today" he said winking at me

*********************

We reached our room in record time. I looked at my phone. I had left it here for charging. There were 5 missed calls and 10 messages from Rishi.

Why was he calling all of a sudden? Shit! I missed the reunion.

His messages were:

'Hi, you coming today right?'

'When are you going to reach?'

'I am here and you?'

'I tried calling you but you are not picking up'

'Everybody here is asking about you. Where are you?'

Why was he so desperate about me being there? Other friends just messaged me that they missed me at the reunion. Why was he so desperate?

Vikram came from behind and hugged me. It was like a jolt of electricity. I kept my phone down without replying.

"Hi" That was the only thing he could think of.

"Hi" He replied back.

He picked me up and walked towards our bed.

There for the next few hours we became husband and wife in every sense of word.

And in those hours all thoughts of crazy grandmother, bitch cousins and suspicious friends left my mind.

*********

Who do you think must be sending Vikram those texts?

Markus. I have future plans for him *evil laugh*

For those who have sent me images. I will be using them in the next chapter.

Please Vote and Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 115K 45
What if you are married to a man who is still in love with his ex girlfriend and doesn't want you in his life? Terrible? Sindhu had to face the same...
88.7K 3.5K 37
Sequel to Halcyon "Kismat se humein aap humdum mil gaye, Jaise ke dua ko alfaaz mil gaye. Socha jo nhi vo haasil ho gaya, Chahun aur kya ke khuda de...
3.8M 165K 53
" Mumma, I am eighteen right now. I've not even started my college and you want me to get married to man who is six years older! This is not fair." I...
225K 11.7K 75
Jism ki nahi Rooh ki Mohabbat hai. " You are cheating on me," he said glaring at me. " Yes," I said. " What can you do" I taunt him. He pulled me clo...