Reckless • Han Solo

By Floyd__

S T A R W A R S In which a girl enlist the help of two robots, a farm boy, a princess, a scruffy pirate, an... More

PART ONE
1.1 Let Go
1.2 Trouble
1.3 You Remind Me
1.4 Back to Back
1.5 It's Something
1.6 Destruction
1.8 Maybe a Mistake
1.9 There Is No Escape
1.10 Plans of Destruction
1.11 Far From Victory
PART TWO
2.1 I Don't Need You
2.2 The Odds
2.3 Evacuation
2.4 Outside
2.5 Only Way Out
2.6 Hidden
2.7 Lies
2.8 What's the Story?
2.9 Paramount
2.10 Charge
2.11 Denial
PART THREE
3.1 Backfire
3.2 That No Moment
3.3 Mission Impossible
3.4 Family Above All

1.7 Changes

3.6K 92 10
By Floyd__

CHAPTER SEVEN

"Turn the ship around!" Ben exclaimed, but it was too late.

"Yeah. I think you're right," Han said, "Full reverse! Chewie, lock in the auxiliary power." The Wookie did as instructed and flipped the switch. The ship shuttered as it continued to move toward the TIE fighter which was going to the gigantic space station.

"Why are we still moving toward it?" Luke asked feeling the jolt forward.

"We're trapped in a tractor beam!" Han exclaimed, worry in his voice, "It's pulling us in!"

"But there's something you can do," Ellia said worry written on her face, "You have to do something."

Han looked at the blonde with a small frown on his face and suddenly all he wanted to do was protect this girl standing in front of him. 

"There isn't anything I can do sweetheart," Han told her, "I'm in full power. I'm going to have to shut down. But they're not going to get me without a fight!"

Ellia glared at him, "What's your plan then Captain Solo? Fight the entire Empire by ourselves? How about we go against Darth Vader while we are at?"

Ben placed his hand on her shoulder to try to calm her down, "We can't win, But there are alternatives to fighting."

Ellia stood in fright watching the giant space station moon coming closer and knowing there was nothing that could be done. 

••••

Han Solo was grinning like a madman, even in the situation he was in. Ellia, Han, and Chewbacca were all hidden in a secret compartment under the floors, Luke and Ben in the other beside them. Ellia was pushed into Han's chest, their legs tangled with each other as the giant Wookie took most of the space. Her face was pushed against his chest, hearing his heartbeat quicken at her touch, causing her to smirk. 

Once Han heard the stormtroopers, leave he pushed the floor off and stood up. Ellia had enough room to stand in front of him. She peeked her head out to see Luke and Ben follow Han's actions.

Han pushed himself out of the compartment, helping Ellia out too. "Lucky you had them," Ellia said.

"Boy, would I say so," Luke chimed in. 

"I use them for smuggling," Han told Luke, "Never thought I would be smuggling myself in them."

Ellia reached for her blaster and pulled it out, being extra cautious. Han followed her actions and looked around waiting for someone to say something. He was hoping it was Ellia because out of all of them she had the most experience when it came to outrunning the Empire. 

Han sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "This is ridiculous. Even if I could take off, I'd never been able to make it past the tractor beam."

Ellia ignored Han's comment but looked to Ben, "Do you feel that?"

"Fell what?" Han asked, trying to figure the blonde out.

"That presence," Ellia muttered, "I felt it before when..."

Ben sighed and didn't say anything, "Leave it to me about that tractor beam."

"Damn fool," Han shook his head, "I knew you were going to say that."

"Who's more foolish?" Ben asked Han, "The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Chewbacca lifted his head out of his cramped space under the floor and groaned from the tight fit for his rather large body. Han sighed and patted the Wookie's head.

••••

Two people carrying a scanner entered the ship, double checking that no one was aboard. With the two men's back turned away from her, Ellia took Luke's blaster rifle, hitting them over the head, causing them to blackout.

"Never thought you could do that," Han smirked at her.

Ellia grinned and looked at Luke, "Ask Luke how it feels."

Ben rolled his eyes "Are you ready?"

Ellia nodded at Han who then cleared his throat, "Hey down there, could you give us a hand with us?"

Ellia, Luke, Ben, and Han then pressed themselves against the wall so they could come out at the right time. Three white-armored stormtroopers entered the ship, looking alarmed at the two men on the ground. Ellia and Han both shot at them, killing all three.

Luke looked alarmed, "Is that it?"

Ellia nodded, taking the helmet off of one of the troopers, "Now get dressed."

••••

"You know, between his howling and your blasting everything in sight, it's a wonder the whole station doesn't know that we are here," Luke mumbled as he took off his helmet.

For the time being, they were safely tucked away in a small command room with the two droids.

"Bring them on!" Han exclaimed, "I prefer a straight fight compared to all this sneaking."

"No you don't," Ellia muttered, "You have no idea what's out there."

"We found the computer outlet, sir," C-3PO said.

Ben fed the information into the computer and a map the Death Star appeared, causing R2 whistle excitability. 

"Plug in," Ben said to the small droid, "He should be able to interpret the entire Imperial computer network." 

R2 punched his claw arm in. The network came to life and R2 was being fed the information.

"He says he's found the main computer to power the tractor beam that's holding the ship here," 3PO translated, "He'll try to make the precise location appear on the monitor." The computer suddenly flashed codes on the screen and C-3PO continued to translate, "The tractor beam is coupled to the main reactor in several locations. A power loss in one of the terminals will allow the ship to leave."

Ben studied the computer before speaking, "I don't think you guys can help. I must go alone?"

"Whatever you say," Han scoffed, "I've done more that I bargained for on this trip already."

"But you can't go alone," Ellia said speaking up, "I am coming with!"

"You can't, Ellia," Ben told her, "I need to visit someone."

Ellia pondered this for a moment before it came to her mind, "No! You can't do this. Let me help you. This is what you trained me to do."

Ben shook his head then looked at Luke, "Luke, you must be patient and watch over the droids. Ellia will help you."

Luke nodded and then looked at Ellia who stared at the wall, her mouth open ajar. "You are talking like you aren't coming back Obi-Wan."

Ben sighed, "It was my pleasure raising you Ellia. You are the closest thing I have to a daughter. The closest thing I have to a family. I am happy and support any decision you make." Ben smiled at Ellia before clipping his lightsaber to his belt, "May the Force be with you."

Ben turned around causing the door to open, Ellia tried to run after to follow him, but Han and Luke both held her back, "You can't go alone! Let me come with you!"

"Ellia, you have to be quiet!" Luke shushed at her.

Ellia fought both of them off but didn't follow him, instead, she fell to her knees, allowing Han to catch her. She didn't cry but kept a look on the door hoping he would turn back around to get her.

"I think he knows what he's talking about sunshine," Han told Ellia, "He's wise and brave. I would listen to him. And I have a feeling you will see him again."

Ellia nodded and took a deep inhale, "We need to take care of the droids. They must be delivered safely or other star systems will face the same fate as Alderaan."

Suddenly R2 began to beep wildly, causing the three human look at the small droid, "What is it?" Luke asked.

"I'm afraid I'm not quite sure sir," C-3PO said, "He says, 'he found her', and keeps repeating, 'she's here."

"Well, who?" Luke asked.

R2 whistled a frantic reply, as 3PO translated, "Princess Leia."

Ellia jumped from Han's arms and to her feet, "Leia? Is she here? She survived!"

"The Princess?" Han questioned, "What's going on?"

"Level five. Detention block A A-twenty-three," 3PO said, "I'm afraid she's scheduled to be terminated."

"We have to do something!" Luke exclaimed.

"Already on it," Ellia answered pulling on her stormtrooper helmet and pulling her blaster out.

"What are you talking about?" Han asked the blonde.

"She's my friend. The one that the droid belongs to. The one in the messages," Ellia answered, "We have to help her."

"Now don't get any funny ideas," Han said looking at Ellia and Luke, "The old man said to stay here."

"But he didn't know she was here," Ellia said, "Look, will you just find a way to the detention block?"

"I'm not going anywhere," Han said taking a seat.

"They're going to execute her!" Ellia exclaimed, "Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to be captured. Now all you do is want to stay."

"Marching into the detention area isn't what I had in mind," Han said feeling conflicted. He wanted to help her but didn't want to get in trouble himself.

"But they're going to kill her!" Luke exclaimed, wanting to help the Princess and Ellia.

"Better her than me..." Han told him.

Ellia glared at him, knowing she would have to convince him otherwise, "She's rich."

Chewbacca growled and looked at Han. "Rich?" Han asked.

"Yes. Rich, powerful," Ellia told him, "Listen, if you were to save her, the reward would be..."

"What?" Han asked his full attention on Ellia.

"Well more wealth than you can imagine!" Luke told him cutting in with Ellia.

"I don't know," Han dragged out, "I can imagine quite a bit."

"You'll get it!" Ellia told him.

"I better," Han said.

"You will..."

"Alright sunshine," Han said, "But you better be right about this."

Ellia smirked, "I know I'm right."

"What's your plan?" Han asked Ellia.

Ellia looked around the room, "3PO, will you hand me those binders there will you?"

She moved toward Chewbacca with the cuffs, "Okay now I'm going to put these on you."

Chewie let out a hideous growl causing Ellia to step back. She looked at Han, "Will you tell him it's alright?"

Han sighed and took the cuffs from Ellia, "Don't worry Chewie. I think I know what she has in mind."

Once the binders were on the Wookie, the four turned around to set out to find Leia, but C-3PO stopped them. "Madame Ellia! Pardon me for asking but, ah...what should R2 and I do if we are discovered here?"

"Lock the door," Ellia shrugged.

"And hope they don't have blasters," Han added.

"Well that's not very reassuring," 3PO muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 187 15
Well, I'll start from the beginning... You know the stories that you heard as a kid? Well, they're real. I can prove it to you, just step inside, I'...
46.6K 883 21
"You know it's not polite to stare." I said putting a glove on my metal hand not looking up at the three but noticing they were all staring at me. "I...
129K 2.6K 26
The way he looked at her was like he was peering into her soul. He tried to get a sense for who this girl was. He tiled his head to the side soon beg...
47.2K 883 37
❣︎"ɪᴛ's ᴛᴏᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!"❣︎ ❣︎ "ɪᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ." ❣︎ DO NOT READ THIS BOOK UNTIL YOU HAVE READ: �...