Runaway ϟ The Flash [1]

By sheismental

❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthr... More

CHARACTERS.
The Start & The Dead.
Hungry.
Taking Care.
Late For Work.
Not Fast Enough.
I Can't Do This.
Fights.
Forgivness.
Sweetheart.
The Man In The Yellow Suit.
New Boy.
The Burning Man.
Merry Little Christmas.
Jealousy?
Revenge Of The Rogues I
Snart Is Smart.
I Got My Girl Back.
Future People.
Morning Love.
Time.
Figure It Out.
Cannot Outrun.
PROLOGUE.
NEW BOOK

First World Problems.

3.6K 84 2
By sheismental

HAILEY ANDERSON

Hailey walks inside the police department lab. Aching to see Barry, walking around the room with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Hello handsome." Hailey says with a smirk plastered on her face, she expects to see a smiley Barry but then she sees his face. "What's wrong?" She asks softly and he just sighs.

"Nothing it's just that with the whole 'reverse flash' thing i kind of forgot to analyze some blood samples." He says running around and Hailey raises an eyebrow.

"Are we seriously calling him that?" She says remembering Cisco saying that. "Anyway i did it." Barry stops dead on his tracks and looks at Hailey.
"I analyzed the blood samples, i already gave the files to Joe." Hailey chuckles and Barry runs up to her and hugs her.

"I love you, i love you, i love you." He repeats over and over as he squeezes her into his arms.

"Seriously it's nothing, Barry. It's my job." Hailey says strangely and Barry let's go.

"Oh right." He says laughing lightly and Hailey shakes her head jokingly.

"Are there any new cases?" Joe says as he walks into the room, smiling to both of them.

"Uh not really, The Flash has been taking care of the muggers. At least that's what it seems." Hailey says shooting a glare to Barry while he shrugs smiling.

"Seriously you gotta stop, you are going to leave us jobless." Joe says playfully and Hailey chuckles.

"It's my job to protect the city, Joe." Barry says serious and Hailey raises her eyebrow.

"You mean our job." Hailey states and Barry nods.

"Yeah that's what i meant." He laughs and Hailey sticks her tongue out at him.

"Anyway seems like you will be having a free day." Joe laughs and Hailey claps excitedly. Joe shots her a look and Hailey makes a pouty face.

"I mean that's awful, i really wanted to work." Hailey fakes a cry making the two man chuckle. "Okay I'm going to Jitters, see ya'" Hailey says happily and pecks Barry's lips.

"You want me to go with you?" Barry asks while he scratches the back of his neck. Ever since he read that text, he has been feeling weird out about Hailey going places alone.

"um not really but if you want." Hailey smiles and Barry sighs, he knows he shouldn't be this jealous.

"It's fine, i will call you later." He says one last time and Hailey nods.

"Later, Joe." Hailey says and fist bumps Joe. Hailey was getting more confident among Joe.
Joe looks back at him to see if Hailey was gone, once she is out the building he approaches Barry.

"Okay what's wrong?" Joe says raising an eyebrow; habit he has been doing a lot ever since he saw Barry constantly doing it.

"What do you mean?" Barry says chuckling lightly and Barry feels Joe's look. He knows, he feels it on his bone; that's Joe for you, always having a huntch and most of the time (if not always) being right. "Okay." Barry sighs in defeat and sits on his desk. "Yesterday when i was at Hailey's apartment, she left to the kitchen and her phone rang." Joe sighs already knowing what was that about. "I looked it and i saw a text from nick parish,saying how excited he was to see her." Barry ruffles his hair, thing Joe knew that Barry only did when he was nervous or unsure about something. "And I don't know it makes me feel weird out."

"Maybe it's nothing,Barry. I highly doubt she is cheating on you, come on she is a good girl. A relationship is based on trust and how sane would it be if you just started a relationship with her and you already doubt her. Relax Barry, it was probably just a friend of hers." Joe reassures him and pats his back. "Will i see you at dinner tonight?"

"Yeah, and thank you Joe. You are right I should trust her." Barry smiles and Joe nods slowly.

"I'm always right, son." Joe says cockily as he walks out the door.

ϟ

Hailey walks into the too familiar building, a smell of coffee and bread quickly feels her nose as she approaches to the counter. She sees Iris there.

"Hey Iris!" Hailey smiles and Iris quickly gets closer, smiling as she does.

"Hey Hailey!" Iris says and looks at her. "What can i get to you?"

"Uh a Coffee Vanilla Latte, please." Hailey responds with a grin on her face.
"So how are you?" Hailey lays her elbows on the counter.

"Good, have you read my blog?" Iris raises her eyebrows excited to her Hailey's answer. Hailey heard the other day Barry talking about it and how unsafe was that, she also knew about his 'secrets' rooftop scapes to talk to Iris. But Barry doesn't know that.

"Oh yeah i have." Hailey trails off. "But don't you think it's a little unsafe?, i mean one of those metahumans could get a cross your blog and think you have some sort of connection with The Flash and well they could hurt you." Hailey says and she sees Iris scoff a little, keeping the smile on her face.

"Yeah, Barry has said that a million times. But people have to know about him, they have to believe in him." Iris states and Hailey nods understandingly.

"I think they know, judging by the many many times he has risked his life to save others." Hailey declares. "And it's not to be mean, but how serious could an anonymous blog be?" Hailey tilts her head apologetically and Iris smiles.

"Not anonymous anymore." Iris says and Hailey's smile wipes off her face. "Here's your latte." Iris hands it over Hailey and when she was about to take the money out of her pocket, a 20 dollar bill was laid on the counter.

Hailey quickly looks up to see the one and only Nick Parish standing in front of her, with his cute smile and lazy eye.

"I will pay it for her." He says looking at Iris.

"No, Nick you don-"

"Nah it's fine, i would love too." Nick says looking at Hailey as he kisses her cheek. "Keep the change." He states looking at Iris. "We will see each other again, right?" He asks as he scratches the back of his neck, his eyes glued on Hailey.

"Yes, we will Nick. You didn't have to you know pay my latte." She says shyly and Nick shakes his head while chuckling lightly.

"Great, and it's okay. I like paying the drinks of pretty girls." He smirks and walks away. "Hope to see you again,doll." He says as he leaves the building. Hailey suddenly feels a pair of eyes burning the back of her head, she turns back to see Iris with her eyebrows furrowed.

"A friend." Hailey reassures.

"I don't have friends that call me doll, that's for sure." She states with a chuckle.

"Yeah because they know that detective pretty boy will point his gun at their heads if they do." Hailey laughs and Iris does too. "I will see you later, Iris." She says smiling and Iris nods.

"See ya'" That's the last thing Hailey hears before walking out of the building, on her way to S.T.A.R Labs.

ϟ

"That was too close." Caitlin says as she sees Cisco's drone shooting to Barry. Hailey was sitting on one of the chairs while she looks worriedly to the red blur running around the landing track of Ferris Air, their usual training place for Barry's runs.

"He told me to make it hard." Cisco defends himself as his gaze goes from the drone to the tablet on his hands.

"Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead." Hailey says smiling but with a worried look.

"Of course I wouldn't kill him, i would be risking my own life too." Cisco responds. "You would go rogue if he died." Cisco says it as a joke but Hailey tenses, what if she goes rogue?.

"Yeah, sure." Hailey mutters, laying onto the chair.

"Remember, this is just supposed to be a training excited to improve Barry's speed." Dr.Wells states as he looks at Cisco and Hailey.

"Why can't i train?" Hailey asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"You will, we are still trying to analyze what can you do with your powers." Dr.Wells responds.

"But i have to put myself out there to learn what i can do." Hailey declares and Dr.Wells shakes his head.

"You have to learn how to fight first."

"Cisco, you are gonna bring it or what?" Barry's voice sounds through one of the speakers making Hailey jump a little. Cisco looks at Dr.Wells with an 'i told you so' look.

"Bring it." Dr.Wells tilts his head as he smiles.

Cisco clicks some things on the tablet and of the missiles is shot, Barry is going fast but maybe not too fast. The missile explodes and Barry flies into the air just to fall and roll down the asphalt. Everyone looks at Barry with surprise and Hailey restrains herself from running towards him to help him.
Barry groans and closes his eyes from the pain, but struggles to get back up.

"Oh god." Hailey says with a cocky smile. "He never gives up."

"That's Barry Allen for you." Cisco says while shaking his head lightly and looking at him.

But the drone is still going and Barry is still getting up.

"Why isn't him running away?!" Hailey gets up from the chair. "Barry, run away." Hailey mutters hoping that Barry listens to her and does as she says. But he is still on the same place he was a second ago.

The drone shots a missile and Barry is running towards it, as fast as he can. And in a second Barry is holding the missile and shots it back to the drone, the drone explodes into a million piece.
Everyone backs up a little with surprise.

"That's my boy." Hailey smiles proudly.
Barry approaches to the crew, as he stretches his arms and groans a little.
"I think you deserve a big belly burger." Hailey smiles as she walks towards him.

"One?" He raises and eyebrow and Hailey.

"Fine, but I won't be paying them all."

ϟ

Thirty minutes after, Barry was done eating the burgers, which were a lot even the fries.

"Come on, you seriously couldn't leave me fries?" Hailey whines.

"I did left you." Barry responds and takes out a little bag full of fries with the logo of big belly burger. "Just for my girl." He smirks and hand it over Hailey, she tries to grab it but Barry shakes his head. "That will cost you a kiss." He states smiling cockily and Hailey rolls her eyes playfully, she pecks his lips and Barry shakes his head again. "That was a peck."

"Guys no PDA allowed." Cisco rolls his eyes and Hailey gestures him.

"You see? Now give me my fries." Hailey takes the bag out of Barry's hands and he nods.

"Fine, but we will discuss this later." Barry states and points at her.

"Very impressive, Mr.Allen. Your reaction to stimuli at super-speed continues to improve." Dr.Wells says and Barry gets up, his arms folded over his chest while he shakes his head.

"Still not enough." Barry declares.

"It will be." Dr.Wells reassures him. "You keep working like you are, you stay focused like you are, and you will be ready the next time your man in the yellow suit comes around."

"You mean the Reverse-Flash?" Hailey says and Dr.Wells raises and eyebrow. "What? He said it, not me." Hailey tilts her head to Cisco and Caitlin shots her a look. "And he's right. Yellow suit, red lighting, and evil. The reverse of Barry." Hailey states. "I can't believe I'm actually on Cisco's side about that silly name but for once i think i can make fun of him, you know after everything he has done."

"Meh" Caitlin says not thinking that the name is good.

"Actually, i kind of like it." Dr.Wells states with a smile.

"All right, I'm still ready for another round, how many drones you have left?" Barry says pointing at Cisco.

"Two, and they've got lasers." Cisco says walking towards the box with the drones and pointing at them. "Seriously they are so cool." Barry nods walking into the S.T.A.R Labs van.

"No" Caitlin,Hailey and Dr.Wells say all at once.

ϟ

It was late, and Barry and Hailey weren't ready to be called into a crime scene as both of them were cuddling on Hailey's sofa. But they were surprised when it happened.

"Are you sure nothing is missing?" Joe says as he stands in front one of the imported cars from Europe, all worth a fortune, yet nothing was stolen.

"That's what the supervisor said." Hailey declares, her eyes examining every part of the room; looking for a clue. "I can check again." Hailey shrugs while looking at Barry, he kneels down to the floor; examining what it looked like shattered glass.

Joe pats Eddie's shoulder and he turns his back to Barry.

"Bar."

"Hey, well the breakage indicates that the door somehow had zero viscoelasticity when it hit the ground." Barry says gesturing the broken door and the glass and Hailey nods, understanding every word he said.

"What does that mean to normal people?" Joe asks.

"Uh the steel shattered like glass." Hailey clears up and Joe nods. She kneels down to floor in front of Barry, as he looks at her with curiosity. She grabs one of the shattered pieces and tries to discover what happened to the steel that could make it shatter like glass. And then everything clicked. "It was frozen." She looks at Barry shocked and he nods.

"Snart." Barry responds.

"He is back." Hailey states.

ϟ

Okay so I'm sorry that i didn't post anything on like 3 days but i was grounded so 🤐 but i am back! And with a lot of inspiration! Comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 6.4K 44
"You're just so freakin' adorkable Barry Allen." Join Winnifred and the rest of Team Flash as they embark on a quest to help save Central City. They...
311K 13.1K 56
we fall in love till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time. [ barry allen x original character ] [ book one in the red series ] [ the flash season one...
85.7K 2.4K 85
After helping Supergirl defeat Non and Mydrid, Barry finds out a troubling secret back in Central City. There's meta humans running around causing tr...
83.7K 1.1K 35
A collection of unedited oneshots centered around Barry Allen. Brewing Flair Awards - 1st Place Fanfiction All works are mine. Do not copy and paste...