Spiritual Ascend (Book 1 of t...

By _allyondra_

Leah Sparks thought her life was just normal. That is, until she finds out the reason why she was beginning t... More

1.) Spiritual Ascend
2.) Spiritual Ascend
3.) Spiritual Ascend
4.) Spiritual Ascend
5.) Spiritual Ascend
6.) Spiritual Ascend
7.) Spiritual Ascend
8.) Spiritual Ascend
10.) Spiritual Ascend
11.) Spiritual Ascend
12.) Spiritual Ascend
13.) Spiritual Ascend
14.) Spiritual Ascend
15.) Spiritual Ascend
16.) Spiritual Ascend
17.) Spiritual Ascend
18.) Spiritual Ascend
19.) Spiritual Ascend
20.) Spiritual Ascend
21.) Spiritual Ascend
22.) Spiritual Ascend

9.) Spiritual Ascend

416 18 9
By _allyondra_

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter nine:

“I can see that you girls are still a bit overwhelmed,” Faye kindly said to us. “Why don’t you rest in here for a while? We will just be waiting out here once you are ready to accept who you are. We won’t force you into anything and you are free to leave anytime.”

Tori, Elaine, Julie, Sophie and I moved inside a big tent that was conjured by the Spirits. It was complete with big fluffy cushions, a fridge, a cupboard, and a frozen yogurt machine. We sat on the cushions and began processing the information the Spirits had unloaded on us while munching on some chips and eating some yogurt.

I still can’t get over the fact that we humans aren’t the only things on Earth. It’s like all those fairytale stories you’ve read came true over night.

Okay…so that I can get this processing thing done, I should start from the beginning.

Rose, and is the Spirit of Love, chose Tori—I knew that already. Megan, the only blonde and the Spirit of Truth, chose Elaine. Faye was the Spirit of Faith and she chose Julie. And last but not the least was Lily, the Spirit of Hope, who had chosen Sophie. They were all sisters but Faye and Lily were twins.

Then to the abilities; Tori could read auras, Elaine’s eyes could change colors when she hears someone lie, Julie could steal energies while Sophie could give them back. Well, it only seemed fit since Julie and Sophie were the best of friends.

Then we arrived at the subject of the enemies: the Evil Ones.  The Evil Ones were Spirits who used their powers only for their own purposes. They were powerful, evil and cunning and they, too, had warriors known as the Cursed.

They always had battles with the Spirits. But then Megan broke it to us that we had to fight the Cursed and the Evil Ones in order to retain peace here in northern California. 

That was a lot of weight to be dropped on a sixteen-year old’s shoulders. I couldn’t believe the load of information.

But to make matters more surprising, Rose was the one to tell us the sad—and very disappointing in my ears—news of my Spirit being killed in action. She said that five years ago, they had a great battle with the Evil Ones. The Blessed and the Spirits fought bravely but many were lost—including mine: the Spirit of the Future. And they said, with her last breath, the Spirit of the Future sent out her last blessing to her last warrior…which was me.

Rose also said I was a moon reader. I could see the future in my dreams but not all the time though. When that came out, I almost fainted. That totally explains why I have such weird dreams…but then, something hit my mind. How was I supposed to know if it was the future or just one of my imaginations? God, I forgot to ask Rose that.

Talk about too much pressure! The Spirits looked at me like I knew what I was doing—which I didn’t. How could I live up to their expectations of being a warrior of the Spirit of the Future when I don’t have any freaking clue?

But to top it all off with the excitement and the surprise, Rose gave us a little gift she like to call ‘mind link’. I had to laugh at that. She gave us each a silver bracelet with four charms on. The charms had the first letter of our names so that we could choose on who we wanted to talk to by just turning them on or off with just a touch. Silver meant the mind link was open and black meant it was close—that is if we wanted privacy. The bracelets were really beautiful…not to mention handy as well.

I looked at everyone in the tent. They were all staring off into places in the tent and were mindlessly eating their yogurts and chips…well except for Tori. She was tapping her feet which meant she was impatient and nervous. She looked up and locked her gaze with me and there I knew her decision was already made. I nodded at her, knowing I had made mine as well.

“So,” My redheaded friend began. All the other girls looked up and she met them with a straight face on. This side, the serious side to be exact, of Tori has never showed itself…until now. It made me shiver to the bone.”Have you girls made your decision?”

We all nodded. Elaine spoke up with a small smirk playing on her lips. “If I have a chance to kick some Evil One’s butt? I’m taking it.”

“Yes, I agree with you,” Julie said, chuckling. “We will continue being warrior of the Spirits. We won’t deny what had been brought upon us. We need to protect our home before the Evil Ones invade it thoroughly.”

“Agreed!” We all cheered at Julie before walking out of the tent in the same formation we marched in when we hiked across the forest. We lined up in front of the Spirits and Tori was the first one to speak.

“We have made up our minds.” She had an air of confidence around her which I haven’t seen before. “We will continue who we are. We will also fight for our home, if that’s needed.”

Rose and the other Spirits smiled brightly, their faces all reflecting the same happiness. But it only lasted for a few seconds. Megan’s face turned serious as she confirmed Tori’s last sentence.

“Oh, there will come a time when you will be battling against the Evil Ones and their damned Cursed. Until then, we train.”

She snapped her dainty little fingers and suddenly the ground began to shake. And you wouldn’t believe what came out next.

Right there on the football field size clearing, came out the most unusual things that could be found in the middle of nowhere…namely the following: treadmills with non-existent power chords, a twenty foot wall of rocks that were meant for scaling and climbing, a thick rope dangling from a glorious height of thirty feet from a length of unbreakable metal chord that was being held by two silver poles on each side that looked almost like ladders, a big soft mattress—twice as big as the biggest size on earth—where the rope dangled from (just in case we lost our grip on the rope so we fall to our deaths), a race track with hurdles in it, a target practice area, a swords-fighting floor and a nursing tent for the injured. It was a sight to take in that Julie and I couldn’t help but give a small whistle of appreciation.

“All this for our training? Are you sure?” Elaine asked skeptically.

“Yes,” Megan answered her. “This is needed. Although all warriors will be given a boost on your senses, don’t worry since it’s just going to be a tiny one,” She added when she our shocked faces. “That tiny boost will just heighten the strength in both your arms and legs, which mean you can run a tad bit faster and carry heavier things than the average human without even breaking a sweat. Your sight and hearing will also become a little sharper—though not like ‘vampire and werewolf’ sharp okay—just to improve your chances in a battle, so that you will know where and when your enemy shall strike.

“And this camp was only made to build up your stamina and your skills. We need to train because battles with the Evil Ones could last for hours and maybe your endurance cant last that long.

“But that thought will stop here and now. We,” Megan gestured between her sisters and herself. “Will train you until the time comes for the battles with the Evil Ones and their Cursed. You will be prepared for everything,” She paused before smiling from ear to ear. “Let us begin.”

“You guys are going to do what?” Elaine asked incredulously.  We had all tied our hairs in loose ponytails and stood, once again in the middle of the clearing with the Spirits around us.

Faye had an amused smile on her face as she rolled her eyes at Elaine’s little statement. She repeated what she told us earlier. “We’re going to hit you with all we got. That’s the only way to give your bodies the tiny boost they need.

“Hold up. Hit us with what exactly?” Sophie narrowed her eyes at the Spirits.

“A blast of our power,” Lily said with that ‘duh’ tone. She flipped her light brown hair to the side as she continued speaking. “Once it gets in your system, you’ll start to feel a little strange. It’ll burn for a few moments before completely disappearing. It won’t hurt,” She added quickly. “That much.”

Sophie eyed each of the Spirits, studying them, but her eyes landed on Lily. She debated for a few more minutes before deciding that she wasn’t kidding about hitting us or that tiny boost.

“Are you girls ready?” Lily asked.

“As ready as we’ll ever be,” Julie replied with a straight face on.

We girls stood shoulder to shoulder, forming a small circle. The Spirits formed a bigger one around us. Megan on the North, Rose on the South, Faye on the East, and Lily on the west. They started chanting in low voices with their eyes closed. A soft silver glow appeared around them. As their chanting became faster, the light glowed brighter.

As they reached the end of the chant, it was so bright like you were standing in front a hundred naked light bulbs, all turned on at the same time. But I felt no heat reaching my body; it just felt…normal.

Then the Spirits opened their eyes, revealing eerie glowing eyes. It was pure white like they were blind but I knew it was just the magic working. They raised their glowing hands and aimed it right at us.

Suddenly, they stopped chanting and the next thing we know; different silver beams are hitting us everywhere. I heard everyone gasp in shock.

When the first beam of light hit me, I was totally shocked. It was pleasant and I wanted it to seep into my body. It didn’t hurt at all. I was wrong.

The pain started where my heart was. I clutched the spot right away, as if to stop the small burn that was gradually becoming very uncomfortable. I wanted to fall to my knees and endure the rest of this pain while lying on the ground…but something wouldn’t let me.

The burn multiplied and started to spread. It went down my arms and my legs and stayed there, making everything feel like it’s on fire. I felt something slash my right ankle and I winced in pain. Then the burns abruptly disappeared a few moments after it was at its height. My body felt cool and reinvigorated. I felt like I could do anything.  I felt like I could run a thousand miles and never break a sweat. I felt like I could carry a truck full of elephants. I felt like I could see every tiny detail in this clearing. I felt like I could hear the butterflies’ soft beating of wings. I felt like I could withstand heartbreak. I felt…strong.

The beams stopped hitting us and the eyes of the Spirits returned to back to normal. They looked at al of us and smiled happily.

Megan placed her hands on her hips and cocked it to the side. “Well, that means you got the boost. Oh and by the way…we marked you girls,” When she saw our puzzled expressions, she added, “Everyone, look at your right ankles.”

We did as she asked. I glanced at my ankle and had to do a double take at it. I blinked twice just in case I thought I was just seeing things. It glowed like the silver beams a while ago. It even had the essence of the glow of the moon in it.

There embedded on my skin was a capital silver letter ‘S’ in an elegant cursive.

I wanted to touch it but it was best that I didn’t. I didn’t know what power it held so I’d better not mess around with it.

Lily caught our attention with a clap of her hands. The girls and I quickly straightened and faced the Spirit who called our attention.

Once Lily was satisfied she had our undivided attention, she said in a melodic voice. “Congratulations girls! You passed your first test in being one of the Blessed with flying colors. You showed that you all had the strength and that you wouldn’t back down that easy. And its only your first day! We are very proud of you.

“Now that the first two steps are done, you may go home and rest. We start training tomorrow at the same time today.”

"Girls," Love said with a concerned voice. "Act normal around your parents at home and your friends in school. No one must know about us and the Spirit World. It's too risky because the Cursed are out there acting like normal citizens, too. You must be cautious with your actions at all times and in all places. One wrong move and our secret's out. Be careful, girls. We're counting on you to keep everything about our world a secret." She eyed each and everyone of us. "Can you do that?"

We all nodded in unison.

"Good. Now all of you may go home and rest. We will see you tomorrow."

I plopped down on my bed at home and looked straight at my ceiling. This day had a lot of abnormalities. I never knew it was possible here on Earth that we had creatures other than the humans and the animals. I wonder what other creatures roam this Earth.

I then fell asleep to the thought of humans not being alone. I wonder what other creatures are hiding themselves from human eyes. Life as I know it was twisting and changing and I don't know if I'll be able to survive the path it chose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think ??? Hahaha...Finally posted it!! Now you know the reason why Leah has her freaky dreams. But she doesn't know which is a dream and which is the future. So what do you think will happen next ? Tell me your thoughts please.

Wattpad's kinda weird. I saved this yesterday around 2 pm. I went home and found out it wasn't saved. Then now (Sunday), at exactly 2 pm....I got the chapter back O.o .... Very weird.

And that also means the time I was spending on writing this dang chapter--I started again--was just wasted...how nice. -__-'

This chapter is dedicated to Nicker14. She wanted chapter nine so I gave it to her. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!

COMMENT!!! VOTE!!! and maybe....FAN?

But always....ENJOY !!! ;)

P.S : Next chap is the Romeo and Juliet play.

P.P.S: Haven't done any proofreading yet....sorry for any mistakes...

P.P.P.S: I made a slideshow of Spiritual Ascend. Hope you gys like it....I think it's on the external link on the side ;) Leave a comment on that if you want.... :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 5.4K 15
Casey is having the time of her life. She's 18, allowed to drink and she's ready to hit up the night clubs. One night, Casey parties a little TOO ha...
216K 4.9K 29
Evelyn is finally convinced to go to a party by her best freind, Gabby, and her crush, Ryan. But after getting extremely drunk, Ryan and Evelyn have...
861K 27.8K 35
This princess is about to find out her powers aren't as harmless as they seen. Amber Young was an outcast at school and got badly bullied. Darcy her...