Secrets of The Dragon Riders...

By TheEarthMother

This is Berk. Its gotten colder as the years have gone by, but we've all grown as a tribe. You see, three y... More

Secrets of the Dragon Riders (A HTTYD Fan-Fic)
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome to Berk
Chapter 3 - His Sister's Keeper
Chapter 4 - The Haddock Family
Chapter 5 - Mission:Love
Chapter 6 - Seeing Double
Chapter 7 - The Lady of the Lake
Chapter 8 - Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Chapter 9 - The Jorgenson Fury
REVIEW!!!!
Chapter 10 - A Million Dreams
Chapter 11 - Seeing the Light
Chapter 12 - Fixer Upper
Chapter 13 - Faces From The Past
Chapter 14 - Vision of the Future
Chapter 15 - The Quest
Chapter 16 - WÓ•lisc
Chapter 17 - The Holy Grail
Chapter 18 - Excalibur
Review!!!!!!
Chapter 19 - One Day, In Time
Chapter 20 - Meet the Family
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 21 - No Matter Where You Are
Q&A (plus Sneak Peek)
Chapter 22 - Mother Like Mine
Chapter 23 - A Pirate's Life For Me
Chapter 24 - Rotten to the Core
Chapter 25 - Love Is A Complicated Thing
RTTE REVIEWS
Trick or Treat (BONUS CHAPTER)
Chapter 26 - Valkyries of the North
Chapter 27 - Sherwood
Chapter 28 - The Walking Dead
Chapter 29 - Dance of the Druids
GUESS WHO????
Chapter 30 - Briar and Rose
Chapter 31 - Mordred's Lullaby
Chapter 32 - At Your Command
Chapter 33 - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Chapter 34 - Merlin
Chapter 35 - Stay Strong
Chapter 36 - A New Life
Chapter 37 - The Test
Chapter 38 - Journey to the Past
Chapter 39 - The Knights of the Round Table
Chapter 40 - War of the Archipelago
Chapter 41 - A Noble Sacrifice
Chapter 42 - A Noble Heart
Chapter 43 - The Once and Future King
Chapter 44 - Once There Were Dragons
Afterword

Chapter 2 - Friends or Foe?

563 9 5
By TheEarthMother

CHAPTER 2 - FRIENDS OR FOE?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HICCUP'S POV

Anger.

Fear.

Relief.

The former two feelings, contradicting the latter, but it was the truth.

I could not help myself.

I felt anger that this could happen...my own daughter could be kidnapped when dragons and all the chiefs of the archipelago were here.

I was fearful that she was taken by that...thing and also that she was thrown into the icy cold ocean...and if I had not caught her...

And then came the relief...that the worst did not happen.

That Eira was not taken from us.

That she was alive and well.

I watched as Astrid was bandaged up from the fire blast and Eira was kept warm with fur blankets and a small fire.

Our bedroom had been destroyed so we had relocated to another chamber until it had been repaired.

But none of that mattered.

What mattered was that my daughter and wife had almost died.

"All done..." Isolde said to her daughter. "Just rest now..." She left the room as Astrid ran her fingers up and down the bandages, her mind drifting elsewhere.

I sighed and walked to her, my hands coming to her shoulders as I kissed her neck. "Talk to me..." I said simply, against her skin and I felt her flinch.

"Hiccup..." Her voice croaked as she turned to me. She dove for my chest and sobbed as I comforted her, holding her close and soothing her.

Her emotions had taken over and she was letting it all out.

And trust me...I wish I could've done the same.

***

*THE NEXT MORNING*

Astrid was asleep next to me as the Terrible Terrors sang on the rooftops. I slipped out of the bed and checked on Eira.

She was still here.

I quickly washed up and dressed before heading down into the Great Hall.

Some of the chiefs and their families had already assembled, but eventually they all arrived, including my council.

"How's Astrid?" Snotlout asked as I sat down in my chair and nodded slowly.

"Sleeping...and slightly better..." I replied.

"And...Eira?" Tuffnut added and I nodded slowly, assuring them she too was okay.

For now.

Silence lingered in the Great Hall and when the chiefs were done, I told Gobber to take them on a tour of the island and that I would join them soon enough.

Hesitant and curious to leave, they eventually all did, so only Berkians remained in the Great Hall.

"What happened?" I said simply, everyone and looked at me as I raised my eyebrows, expecting a reply.

"What do you mean?" Spitelout asked and I looked at him.

"I mean...my wife and daughter were attacked and kidnapped in my own castle with all of these chiefs and dragons present. How...how did it happen?" I snapped and I saw Mom from peripheral vision come over to me and she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Hiccup...we don't know. I mean...we've checked every entrance route..." Ruffnut said. "There was no way that dragon rider could have gotten in here without someone noticing them, especially the dragons."

"That is what we don't understand. Why did none of the dragon pick anything up, especially Eluf and Thora? I mean...they were in the room when this happened!" Tuffnut stated.

"But instead...they attacked Astrid..." I muttered as Snotlout sighed.

"They've never done that before..."

I shook my head. "We're missing something..."

"The twins and I can head out and see if we can track that thing? We'll take Stormfly and more Nadders. They'll help us try and find it..." Snotlout suggested and I nodded, waving my hand for them to go.

"Be careful...this dragon rider has a Night Fury..."

"That's another thing I don't understand!" Snotlout cried as he walked back over to the table. "I mean...no-one but you can train a Night Fury. We've been training dragons for around the same time...and you are still the only one that can do it. I mean...we learnt everything from you...but Toothless, Aurora, Eluf and Thora? All you!"

"Thank you Snotlout!" I said appreciative of his aggressive compliment.

"Yeah...but something went wrong with Eluf and Thora..." Tuffnut muttered as Ruffnut elbowed him.

"No..." I turned my head to the sudden voice and saw Astrid descending the staircase.

"Astrid..." I practically ran over to her and she smiled as I offered her my arm and led her to the table. "Where's Eira?" I asked suddenly and she placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"My mother's with her...but..." She turned to the others. "This...thing...it controlled dragons."

"What?" They cried.

"What do you mean?" I added as Astrid looked at each of us.

"There was a reason why none of the dragons picked up the presence of the intruder..." She exhaled deeply. "Whoever they are...they can control dragons...similar to the way in which the Bewilderbeast controlled Toothless when he..." She stopped in her tracks as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"That's impossible..." Mom said as she came over. "There were only two known Bewilderbeasts. Mine and Drago's. My alpha was killed by his and...well his disappeared without a trace..." She explained.

"It could still be alive?" Tuffnut suggested.

"But why now? I mean...why would Drago attack us now? It's been over three years!" Fishlegs exclaimed.

"It can't have been Drago!" Astrid snapped. "It was someone else...I mean...this person was much smaller."

"Another person that knows how to control dragons?" Snotlout repeated and Astrid nodded. "Great..."

I stroked my chin as I tried to pin-point all of the information. "So...we have someone who travels in darkness, can train a Night Fury and can control dragons similar to the control the great Bewilderbeast had on the dragons?"

"Yeah...that sounds like it!" Ruffnut replied.

"We should still try and check it..." Snotlout said as he tightened his armbands, but Astrid shook her head.

"No! This person can control dragons! What if they turn your dragons against you?"

"We have to try..." Tuffnut added as Astrid shook her head.

"Fine...but I'm coming too..."

"What?" I cried as my wife crossed her arms, her eyebrows risen as she waited for argument.

She always did this when I protested to her decisions.

"Astrid...that thing...whoever or whatever it is...is after you! Why would you go after it?"

"We'll be outside..." Ruffnut pushed everyone out of the Great Hall, followed by their dragons as I stood with Astrid.

"Hiccup...I have a tracker dragon. Stormfly can track it!"

"It's not safe!"

"I'll be fine Hiccup! I'll have Snotlout and the twins and their dragons too..." She tried to assure me but I was not convinced.

"No...I cannot have anything happen to you, Astrid! You cannot..."

I was interrupted by her kiss, but instead of pushing her away, my hands came around her as I pulled her close.

"You can't keep doing that..." I muttered as she pulled away and she smirked. "I know I can't leave you trapped here...but I just...I can't lose you."

"Hiccup...as well as being your wife, the mother to our beautiful baby girl and the Queen of the tribe, I'm also a dragon rider. I was an expert at finding things and finding people. I successfully navigated Strathclyde, Mercia, Caledonia and beyond..." She kissed me again when I pouted.

"I can't really stop you..." I sighed. "So I'll have to let you go...but don't think I condone this..."

"I know..." She kissed me again as she headed back up the stairs and I watched her disappear beyond the red curtains before heading out of the castle into the plaza.

"Alright...Astrid is going with you guys..." I said and Snotlout crossed his arms.

"What did you do?" He asked as I glared at him.

"Nothing...but I can't really stop her. She's right...she is a dragon rider as well as being my wife and mother and the Queen..." I sighed as Ruffnut placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll take very good care of her..." She teased, before we all laughed slightly and Astrid came out and joined us.

"What are we supposed to do while you four are exploring?" Fishlegs asked as Astrid called for Stormfly.

"Keep the chiefs busy?" She suggested as she came over to me. "I'll be fine...I'm more worried about you and the fact that I have left you alone for the first with Eira..."

"I'll be okay..." I assured her as she kissed and they all headed for the skies. I turned to Fishlegs quickly. "I don't know what do about Eira..."

He raised his eyebrows and laughed. "Just leave her with Isolde or your mother. We can deal with chiefs..." I nodded as I followed him to the woods.

"Don't mention anything to them. We act casual and normal as if nothing is wrong. If they ask...just say the others went to help Trader Johann, got it?"

He nodded as we arrived with the men.

"Right...what are you all in the mood for today?"

***

ASTRID'S POV

It felt great to fly again.

It felt great to be on a mission again.

But I felt terrible...leaving my baby behind.

"Astrid...are you okay?" Snotlout called and I turned to him, nodding slowly.

"Yes, it's just..." I sighed. "This is the first time I've left Eira behind."

"Hey! There's a first time for everything!" He assured me and I pouted.

"Have I made a mistake? I mean...someone is after her! I'm her mother! I should be there..."

"But you are also a shield maiden and a dragon rider!" Ruffnut called from the right and I turned to her and her brother. "Don't let the fact that you're married and a mom now prevent you from doing what you love!"

"You said so yourself that nothing will change..." Tuffnut reminded me and I nodded.

"You're right! I'm overreacting! Hiccup, Mom, Valka, heck the entire village...they won't let anything happen to her. Stormfly?" My Nadder lifted her head as I leant down to her ear. "Find that rider..."

She cawed and set off to the South as the others followed.

"How do you even know she knows where to go?" Tuffnut asked and I shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't...but she's never failed me before..."

The flight continued for a while, before Stormfly stopped suddenly, that I held on firmly, before I flew backwards. "Where are we?" I said as I looked around, low clouds, obstructing the view around.

"Uhm..." Snotlout's voice was fearful as I looked at him. He pointed down and I frowned, to see...

"Fellsstrond..." Tuffnut said and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Berserker Isles..." I spoke, as Snotlout croaked. I looked at the island, my eyes falling on the docks and then at the main island, something making me suspicious.

"Stormfly! Down!" I ordered and she obeyed.

"Astrid!" Snotlout called as he and the twins chased after me as we landed at a clearing away from the eyes of the village.

I climbed off of Stormfly and held my axe ready as the others landed. "What are you doing?" Snotlout cried as he came over to me.

"What does it look like?" I asked and he frowned as I walked past him.

"No! I don't sit well with this!" He chased me, the twins and dragons following.

"To be fair...Snotlout...I didn't ask your permission..." I glared at him, stopping as he stamped his foot down like a baby and I scoffed. "I have a toddler. That doesn't work..." I pointed out as the twins came over.

"We don't feel comfortable with this..." Tuffnut said and I rolled my eyes.

"Suck it up!"

"Why are we even here?" Ruffnut sneered and I exhaled, slightly annoyed.

"Stormfly brought us here...looking for the masked dragon rider..."

Snotlout waved his hands like a duck. "But...this is where the Berserkers live! They hate us and joined forced with another tribe that hate us!"

"Actually...the Savages really only hate Astrid..." Tuffnut corrected him and I gave him a look.

Was he actually serious?

"Yes...exactly! They hate you! So why...why would you land here?" I was about to reply to Snotlout's question but he raised his hand. "Don't say the dragon brought you here."

"The place is deserted..." I finally said and they looked at me.

"That is not excuse to go trespassing!" Snotlout cried as I continued walking. "I know you are Queen...but seriously! If anything happens to you, I will be the one that faces Hiccup's wrath!" He moaned and I rolled my eyes as I continued walking.

"Snotlout!" I snapped. "Shut up...grow a pair and listen!"

There was silence all around.

Not even the sounds of birds or any animals.

"Nothing..." Ruffnut whispered and I nodded.

"Exactly...so where is everyone?"

"Why do we care?" Snotlout said as we arrived at the village centre.

I rolled my eyes. "Is today a special day for you to ask idiotic questions?" He shrugged his shoulders. "All of the tribes on Berk right now...have complained about Dagur and Alfons attacking them constantly, pillaging, plundering, rifling and looting them...but there's no-one here?" I stood at the centre with Stormfly as the others walked around.

"And it looks like no-one has been in here in years..." Tuffnut put his arm in a barrel as we came over to him.

He pulled out a dead, rotting chicken.

"That's disgusting!" Snotlout waved his hand to mask the stench.

"I'd say this thing has been rotting in here for around..." Tuffnut studied the dead carcass as I gagged.

"Tuffnut!" I cried. "Get rid of that thing right now!"

"Fine..." He tossed it back into the barrel and sealed it before I ordered for Stormfly to burn it.

"I've never felt that sick since I was pregnant..." I placed a hand on my stomach to calm myself.

"The chicken has been in there for at least three months..." Tuffnut explained and Snotlout looked at him, shaking his head.

"That's impossible..." He said. "That chicken is rotting presumably because no-one has been here for a while..." He said, stroking his chin. "But Jerker claimed that when his boats travelled through these waters to the south, they were attacked by Berserkers and Savages...only last week..."

"Looks like someone is lying...or exaggerating..." Ruffnut said as I nodded slowly and looked around.

"Split up and look around. Let's see if we can find out when there was last someone on this island. Stay alert though...it could be a trap..." I made my way to the chief's home while the others headed in opposite directions.

"If something jumps out at me...and kills me...I'll come back from Valhalla and kill you and follow you to Niflheim!" Snotlout called and I turned around.

"What makes you think you'll even go to Valhalla?" I teased and he mocked me, making me laugh as I entered Dagur's house.

I had been here once...two years ago when Dagur has forced me to marry him.

It's a long story.

But I didn't marry him because Hiccup saved the day.

The house was much more magnificent then I had expected. It had a large living area and several backrooms as well as a large upstairs where five bedrooms were located and even a basement.

The place too had been deserted and it looked like no-one had been here for months.

A mouse ran past my feet, making me jump as Stormfly chased it.

"Be careful..." I whispered to her as she ran to the basement, after the little critter.

I held my axe ready, walking to each of the rooms on the ground floor to see over-turn tables, broken chairs and splintered wood. Rotting holes in the walls and floor where water had leaked in and there was nothing to give me an indication that...someone was actually still living here.

So...why were the chiefs of the tribes saying the Berserkers and Savages had attacked them?

And more importantly, where were Alfons and Dagur?

"Well...Stormfly..." I said, as my Nadder reappeared, my axe balancing on my shoulder. "Looks like everyone's cleared out..." I nudged my head for her to follow me out, until I heard something fall upstairs.

Stormfly hissed as I walked up the stairs slowly. All the doors were open...but one at the far end.

I peeked into the rooms one by one and saw their interior was similar to the room downstairs and as I reached the last room (with the closed door), I reached for the handles and turned the knob several times.

It didn't budge, and even after several kicks and rams with my arm, it didn't open.

"Stormfly?" I gestured to the door and she fired at it, opening it instantly. "Sorry Dagur..." I muttered as I waved my hand to remove the smoke that lingered around.

"Oh my..." My mouth fell open. This room was filled with papers and books...all over the place. Ink pots, pens and pencils as well as many candles.

The walls were covered with drawings and words...of someone.

Or some people.

"Astrid?" Snotlout called from downstairs.

"Up here!" I replied and I heard several footsteps, some heavy, before the others arrived in the doorway. 

"Wow!" Tuffnut said as they entered the room, and gawped at everything. "What is this?" He said as he picked up a dusty book and blew it.

"I don't know...but I think Dagur was looking for something..." I explained.

"Or someone?" Ruffnut was reading a piece of paper on the walls. "Morgana Le Fay?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Never heard of her..."

"Because she's from Albion..." Tuffnut turned the book in his hands to us. "She's a sorceress..."

"Why would Dagur be consulting a sorceress?" Snotlout questioned as Tuffnut went back to the book and sucked in his breath, impressed by what he was reading.

"Why not? This lady is the bomb! I mean, she curses people and kills people and there is no price to pay!"

"Really Tuffnut?" I questioned his excitement and he apologised.

"It still doesn't explain why Dagur wants her? I mean...yes she can do all of that...but there are many sorceresses that can do that stuff...so why her?"

"Who knows...but do we really care?" Snotlout questioned. "I mean...we're not really here for him or Alfons."

"Yeah...but Stormfly brought us here...why?" Ruffnut asked and I shook my head.

"I don't know...but..." An uneasy feeling took over. "I have a bad feeling."

Although I had bound my magical abilities two years ago, the intuition of terror, bad news, good news, trouble, fear etc. remained and I don't know why.

And to be fair...it had never failed me before...even when Eira and I were attacked.

I knew something was wrong.

"Okay...fine...let's go! Grab some of this stuff...maybe Fishlegs can help us?" I said as they scrambled to gather papers and books.

"No-one can help you..." A voice said and I turned around, my mouth falling open slightly at who was standing there.

His red hair had grown longer and less tamed. His beard had gone and in its place was a scruffy stubble. His piercing green eyes stared at each of us with anger and evil shining through. He was more muscular and his armour had changed.

There was less metal, more leather and it had holes in the one of the sleeves.

His upper arms were on full show revealing tattoos – the Berserker crest on the left and another ornate design that looked familiar.

"Dagur..." I said simply as he smirked, his hands on his hips.

"Did you miss me dragon riders?"

***

*BERK*

HICCUP'S POV

"Okay!" I clapped my hands to get the attention of all the chiefs. "Let's get this hunting thing out of the way..." I muttered to myself as they all prepared themselves.

"Hiccup..." Fishlegs came over and I turned to him. "We don't have any wild animals."
"You'd think...wouldn't you?" I smiled, before looking up. "Toothless!"

My Night Fury came sweeping in with a net of wild animals and birds...all alive. He put them down and they ran for their lives. "Let's play fetch!" I said to the chiefs.

"We're not animals..." Alvin chimed and I smiled.

"Hypothetically speaking..." I mumbled. "We're all going to split up in two teams and we're going to hunt the animals. Whoever catches the most...wins!"

"Are you going to use the dragons?" Jerker asked and I shook my head.

"Nope...no dragons. And Fishlegs will be on the opposite team from me to ensure equality..." I announced. "Any questions?"

No-one spoke so I split us up in two different teams; I had Varg, Gosta, Asmund and Hamish while Fishlegs took Alvin, Calder, Hackett and Jerker.

"Alright...go!" I called as we headed different ways.

I took the lead, scrambling through the woods with my team as we searched for the wild animals.

Hamish shot and arrow at a reindeer and I applauded him as I whistled for Toothless to take the animal back to the plaza.

And this went on for a while. I shot a bear, Varg got two eagles while Gosta got three foxes and Asmund got a deer.

After walking around the woods, we arrived in the cove, and conversation changed as we decided to take a rest. "Where's that pirate friend of yours?" Varg asked suddenly as we stopped at the Sif's Springs to rest.

"Who...Eret?" I said, standing up after drinking some water. Varg nodded and I sighed.

"He was in Gotaland...but he returned to Normandy in the last few days. I got a letter yesterday..."

"When does he plan on coming back?" Hamish asked and I exhaled deeply.

"I don't know...he's pretty adamant to find out about his family...so it probably won't be for a while."

"Doesn't your sister have a thing with him?" Asmund said to Hamish and he swallowed a lump in his throat.

"Yes...but..." Hamish started, but I put a hand on his shoulder.

He didn't have to explain himself.

"But she left with that feisty girl...what was her name?" Gosta's voice trailed off as he tried to remember the name of the other person and I raised my eyebrows.

"Heather?" I replied and he snapped his fingers.

"That's it! That girl!" Gosta said as the others laughed.

"She was fun!" Asmund said as he stretched. "Man...I would not be surprised if something happened between them."

"What are you talking about?" Hamish said, crossing his arms.

"He's a pirate...and they are notorious for keeping those...wenches on their arms. And Eret? Oh...he had many women. His reputation was world-renowned! You didn't honestly think he would remain loyal to your sister?" Varg's words were making Hamish angst and I stepped in between them, before a battle broke out.

"You have no idea what you are talking about..." Hamish was clenching his fist, his hand on his sword as I waved my hands.

"Peace...please?" I begged and they stood down as I let out a sigh of relief.

But Varg was not dropping it. "Your sister is as naïve and pathetic as you..."

And that was what did it.

Hamish removed his sword and I jumped out of the way as they prepared to fight each other. "You know nothing about my sister or my family!" Hamish cried as Varg pulled his own sword out, the blades crashing against each other.

"Can't handle the truth? Your sister...is a..." Varg almost cried, before Hamish moved his sword and slashed it down, knocking Varg to the ground.

"Stop!" I cried, but they didn't listen, instead they were arguing in each other's faces and their swords were hitting each other.

"You're weak...like Asmund!" Varg provoked the chief of the Hysterics and it wasn't long before all of them were fighting.

"Guys! Come on!" I cried, powerless against these men.

"Hiccup?" Someone called from behind and I turned around to see Fishlegs, his eyes went wide as he saw the struggle before me. "What happened?"

"Petty talk..." I replied, before groaning. "Oh...it was all going so well!"

"Well...atleast your chiefs are still here..." He mumbled and I turned to him, my eyebrows risen.

"How in Thor's name do you lose four beefy Vikings?" I cried and he threw his hands up. 

"I turned my back for two seconds and they were gone! That's all!"

"We have to find them...before they kill each other!" I said, about to walk in to the woods, but Fishlegs stopped me.

"You have a problem here..." He nudged his head and I growled at the fighting chiefs.

"I can't...and..." I gestured my hands to the woods and then at the group before groaning and throwing my head back. "Hey!" I clapped my hands, screaming at the fighting chiefs, but nothing worked. "Seriously!"

Still, I was ignored, making me stamp my feet in frustration.

Suddenly, Bo, my trained Terrible Terror, came and landed on my shoulder.

"He has mail..." Fishlegs said as he removed the scroll of paper and handed it to me.

Hiccup,

Alvin and the chiefs are in the plaza and are fighting.

Mom.

"Oh Thor..." I muttered to myself as I looked at Fishlegs as he questioned me of the contents. "I found the chiefs!"

"Where are they?"

"In the plaza...tearing each other apart!" I clenched my fists. "Okay...I'll deal with them...you get these in order and bring them to the plaza."

"Is that even a good idea?" Fishlegs asked as I ran past him to the woods.

"We'll find out soon, won't we?"

I ran as fast as I could with Bo following to the plaza.

Entering through the gatehouse at the back of the castle, I ran through the Great Hall and stepping out I groaned out loud when I saw, sure enough, the chiefs were there and ripping each other apart.

And the Berkians were not helping.

As I called for calm, I was ignored constantly.

"What happened?" Mom cried as she came over with Spitelout and Gobber.

"I don't even know!" I replied, running a hand through my hair. "We were hunting and then...words were exchanged and then well..." I gestured to the brawling chiefs.

"Hiccup...we are supposed to promote peace not violence!" Mom snapped and I looked at her.

"Tell them!" I protested as I waved my hands at the Vikings who were cheering the fighting on.

"This is enough! I am more superior than any of you!" Alvin's voice suddenly echoed and I shook my head, dropping it my hands.

"Ah!" The shouts of Fishlegs came from the beyond the castle walls as he arrived in front of us. 

"What happened?" Gobber asked him as he tried to regain his breathing pattern.

"They're...fighting...and instead...tried to fight me...because I tried to stop them!" He said, just as Hamish, Asmund, Varg and Gosta arrived. "Help!" Fishlegs yelped as he hid behind us.

"Oh look...more wimps..." Alvin mocked, before the chiefs got angry again.

Now they had joined forces with each other and an argument erupted.

"So much for peace!" Isolde said as she came over to us.

"I have to fix this!" I ran to the High Point and jumped. "Toothless!"

Never failing me, my trusted Night Fury arrived and I landed on his back, snapping out Inferno.

With my flame blade, I gathered all of the island's dragons. They formed a whirlpool above the warring Vikings.

"What the..." Hackett said as they all looked up.

"Now!" I dropped Inferno and the dragon fired at the weapons of the chiefs, knocking then out of their hands as they Terrible Terrors ran and gathered them all up.

Aurora, Eluf and Thora rounded up the chiefs, their backs against each other as other dragons circled them from the ground, keeping them restraint.

"Tell your reptiles to back off!" Jerker demanded as I landed in front of them.

"No!" I replied, climbing off of Toothless's back. "This week is supposed to be one of peace...not war and destruction and I cannot believe things went this far only on the second day!"

"He started it!" Hamish glared at Varg and I shook my head.

"I really don't care who started it. I'm ending it...and it's going to stay like that for the rest of the week, understand?" It was like I was berating children, but if you act like an immature child ...you'll be treated like one. "The Peace Guild will be holding its first meeting tomorrow, so whatever issues you have...keep them bottle up until tomorrow, because I swear...if I have to do this again...I will personally throw each and every one of you into the volcano on Dragon Island!" I threatened and they looked sheepishly away, avoiding eye contact with everything and everyone. "Dragons..." I lifted Inferno and the dragons headed for the skies, returning to their jobs as the weapons of the chiefs were returned.

The caws of a Nadder from up above, made everyone look up.

"They're back..." Fishlegs said and I nodded, a feeling of pride taking over.

But...as Stormfly, Hookfang as well as Barf and Belch landed, something was missing.

"Where are they?" Valka asked as I ran to Stormfly.

"Girl...what's wrong?" I asked her. She was agitated by something as Fishlegs noticed a note, attached to her saddle.

"Who is it from?" Valka asked.

Brother!

Oh...how I have missed the sight of you and your lovely dragon riders!

Although...you are not even here.

It has been far too long, brother Hiccup!

Far too long...

Things have changed as have I...but one thing that hasn't is my need to destroy you, your people and your dumb dragons!

I have your wife.

And the other three.

But to be fair...you'd be more concerned about your wife.

Well...come and get her!

And it won't be easy.

Till we meet again...

Your Brother,

Dagur the Deranged, Chief of the Berserkers.

"Hiccup?" Isolde asked as I turned to them, crunching up the paper in my hands.

"Dagur has Astrid, Snotlout and the twins..." I said simply, gasps everywhere.

"What?" The chiefs cried.

"He's going to kill her!" Valka grabbed Isolde as she panicked over her daughter. "Alfons is still his ally."

"I have to go save them..." I said simply. "Toothless!" I fixed his saddle.

"Hiccup...you can't go alone!" Gobber said as Fishlegs exhaled with his mouth closed, flapping his lips.

"He won't be alone..." Meatlug came over to him and the two of them were ready.

"Let us help!" Hamish stepped forward as I boarded Toothless and I scoffed.

"You lot can't put your differences aside to go hunting! How do I know you just won't murder each other before we have even gone anywhere?"

"Because we share a common enemy..." Asmund added as he too stepped forward, tapping his index finger on the point of his sword.

"Dagur..." The chief's said together as I looked at Fishlegs, before groaning. "Fine! But any fighting with each other and I will trade each of you for the safety of my council!"

They agreed that Hackett's tribe and the strongest and fastest boat as I pulled my helmet, waiting for them to the leave docks.

"We'll need a plan..." Fishlegs said as I watched the boat leave the docks.

"I know...and I'll let them know...as soon as I can come up with one," I turned to Mom, who now had Eira in her arms. "I'll be right back...Daddy has to go save Mommy..." I kissed my daughter's head, before flipping my helmet down. 

"Let's go bud!" I said as Toothless spread his wings and we followed the boat to the Berserkers Isles.

Right now...this was the last thing I needed.

***

*BERSERKER ISLES*

ASTRID'S POV

We were shoved to the ground, our hands tied together as Dagur walked in front of us.

"Where did these guys come from?" Ruffnut whispered to me and I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at all of the Berserker men that had tied us up and forced us to the floor.

"Shut up!" Dagur snarled as I remained tall.

"Where are our dragons?" I cried, ignoring his demands and he frowned at me.

"What did I just say?" He moaned and I tilted my head.

"Dagur...I kicked your ass one time before...I will do it a-plenty more times!" I pointed out as I stood up and he laughed.

"You might be Queen of Berk..." He placed his hand on my head and pushed me back to the ground. "But this is not Berk! This is my island and my rules!"

I pushed his hold off as Snotlout spoke. "What do you even want from us?"

"Me?" Dagur chuckled. "I think...its more what do you want from me?"

I cleared my throat as I fixed my posture as best as I could from sitting down. "We...were looking for something and...well..."

"Stormfly brought us here..." Tuffnut continued and I nodded in agreement.

"Why would your dragon bring you here...of all places?"

"Your guess as is good as mine..." Snotlout muttered and I elbowed him.

"Look...Stormfly bought us here...and for good reason. Where the hell did you all come from? This place was completely deserted as if no-one has been here in many months!"

Dagur shook his head in disapproval. "You are not very smart...are you?" I frowned as he sighed. "This entire archipelago is out to get myself, my men and the Savages...so why would we stay in the archipelago?"

He had a point.

"Why are you here now then?"

"This island still belongs to us unless someone else claims it..."

"You actually want to give it away?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Still debating it..." He raised his eyebrows. "How is my brother...Hiccup?"

"First of all...he is not your brother..." I reminded him and he pouted. "And second of all...it is none of your business."

"Of course it is!" He laughed. "I mean...how else will I know whether I send this letter to him will actually go to him?" He lifted his hand and one of his men handed him a scroll.

"How are you..." Snotlout started, but Dagur called to someone and they brought forward out dragons.

"Stormfly!" I cried, seeing her muzzled, one of the men holding a red hot poker to her behind.

Hookfang as well as Barf and Belch were in the same position, clearly distressed as we called to out dragons, to calm them down. 

"Shut them up!" Dagur demanded as four men stepped forward. I watched as Snotlout and Tuffnut were punched in the stomach while Ruffnut and I were slapped across the face. The dragons were sent away and Stormfly looked at me one final time as I called for her.

"Oh...did you want to go with them?" Dagur asked as I glared at him. "You should've said something before I sent them away."

"You can't keep us here against our will!" I snapped and he grabbed my face.

"I can do what I like. This is my island after all and you four..." He pushed me backwards as he looked at each of us. "Are trespassing. And...under Berserker Law...that's punishable through ordeal by cold water...starting with you!" Dagur pointed at me as I gulped.

"You can't touch her! She's the Queen!" Snotlout said and I nodded in agreement.

"Not here she isn't..." Dagur eyed me up and the look in his eyes told me had other plans for me. "Toss them in the prison."

We were dragged away and locked up and as I tried to bust out, a guard came and smacked my hands with a metal rod.

"Are you alright?" Ruffnut asked from the cell to the left and I nodded, rubbing the pain. "He can't seriously think he can do that to us? Ordeal by cold water?"

"It's their law and besides...we are technically trespassing..." I replied

"Your dragon brought us here!" Snotlout pointed his finger at me and I glared at him.

"Thank you for that reminder..." I stood up and leaned on the cage doors. "He won't get away with this. He can put us through his punishment...but he forgot something..." I looked at my left hand, my wedding band and engagement ring shining in the dim light.

"What?" Tuffnut said and I looked at him.

"I'm the Queen..."

"He doesn't care..." Ruffnut reminded me. "I mean...that why we're in here in the first place."

I crossed my arms and looked at each of them. "Dagur can't touch me...if he does...it will be considered treason. Our punishment will be nothing compared to what he has to face..." I smiled and raised my eyebrows. "Hiccup...will kill him."

"Hiccup...and the entire archipelago already want him dead!" Snotlout exclaimed.

"They didn't know he was here...and well...here he is! If Hiccup gets his hands on him...he will murder him...as will all of the chiefs! Dagur is an enemy to all..."

"Wait..." Ruffnut waved her hand as she tried to remember something. "Remember the chiefs said that Dagur had been attacking them when they tried travelling south for trade?" We nodded at question.

"And?" Tuffnut questioned.

Ruff looked at each of us and shook her head. "I'm sorry...but did you miss what Dagur said?" I frowned, looking at the others who shrugged their shoulders. "He said they only came back today and have been away for the past year."

"You can't believe everything that Deranged idiot says!" Snotlout protested as Ruffnut shook her head.

"The state of the island and the fact that there was no-one here and hadn't been here for months when we landed...backs up his claim..." She continued and I nodded slowly, realising where she was going with it.

"If Dagur hasn't been here...why have the chiefs claimed that he has been attacking them, every time they tried crossing the waters to the south?"

Silence filled the prison as everyone began to connect the dots.

Or at least attempt to.

"We need to get back to Berk.." Snotlout suddenly said as Tuffnut clapped loudly...and sarcastically.

"Well done, Captain Obvious!"

"Tuffnut!" Snotlout cried as he reached across the cell and tried to grab him, his arms going through the bars. Instead, Tuffnut kicked Snotlout's arms down so they hit the metal bars and he yelped in pain, stumbling backwards and onto the floor.
"I want to go home!" He cried and I ran to the cell wall, separating me from Snotlout.

"No...we need to know what is going on!" I protested and he jumped up, shaking his head coming to me and grabbing my shoulders.

"No! We are in this mess because of your pretty little reptilian bird! We are getting out of here and off of this island!"

"But..." I started but he shook his head.

"I will throw you over my shoulder, strap you to the mast of a boat and gag you if you do not come willingly!" He threatened and I pushed him away, pouting.

"Fine!" I snapped, turning around. I crossed my arms and sat on the floor, a scowl on my face.

As the other discussed a plan to get out, I had ideas.

Ideas...that might end with me over Snotlout's shoulder, strapped to a boat mast and gagged.

***

*BARBARIC ARCHIPELAGO SOUTHERN WATERS*

HICCUP'S POV

As we came closer to the Berserkers water, I landed Toothless on the boat the chiefs had gathered on as they anchored to a stop.

"Alright...here's the plan..." I started, but they all interrupted me.

I tried to get a word in edge ways...but they would not let me and I looked at Toothless and then at Fishlegs and Meatlug, who were still hovering above to make sure the horizon was clear.

They all shouted one after another, demanding their plans was put forward that getting order was proving to be difficult.

"Guys..." I said but Alvin raised his hand to get me to stop talking as they continue arguing.

"I say we attack with everything we have!"

"No...we need a sneak attack!"

"A distraction works better!

"That's the same thing!"

"This is Dagur! He's not actually smart...as are none of the Berserkers!"

"Exactly! We can surround them!"

"There is not enough of us!"

"Weakest first...sacrifice them and then the strong ones finish the job!"

"Why should the weak ones do all of the work and the strong ones get the glory?"

They continued arguing and I sighed, shaking my head "Toothless?" I said simply and he smirked, before firing a plasma blast into the air.

They all immediately stopped and looked at me. "We need one plan...and we all need to agree with it!"

"Well..." Alvin said and I raised my eyebrows. "What do you think?"

"I think..." I walked to the bow of the boat and removed my spyglass to see the Bersekers' island in the distance. "A sneak attack."

"Yes!" Varg fist pumped and I rolled my eyes.

"Dagur is only expecting me...so he will have the shock of his life when all of us attack. I'll go to the docks and meet Dagur...the rest of you head to the north for the ambush. Don't be seen, got it?"

They all nodded as they pulled the anchor up and took their positions.

"Fishlegs?"

I only called his name and he moaned because he knew what I was going to say.

"Why me?" He moaned as Meatlug glared at me too and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Please...just make sure they don't kill each other?" I pleaded and he sighed, before nodding.

"But...you owe me..."

I thanked him and climbed aboard Toothless before we set for the skies. We circled the boat several times, before making our way to Fellsstrond.

Hopefully...they wouldn't screw up.

***

*FELLSSTROND*

ASTRID'S POV

I paced up and down in the cell, hitting the door again and again.

"Stop it!" Snotlout cried and I turned to him. He was lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling. I looked at the twins and saw they were also sitting around and I groaned out in frustration, kicking the cell door again.

It squeaked open.

"Uhm..." I managed to say but no-one looked up.

I pushed the door open slowly and saw for myself.

There were no guards.

This was my chance.

To get some answers.

I quickly ran and fixed the blanket and pillows as if I was asleep, before stepping out of the cell and closing the door.

"Guys!" I said, but they didn't reply. I looked around, no guards but a few pebbles on the floor.

I picked them up and threw them at the twins and Snotlout.

"What the..." Snotlout said and I smiled, waving at him and he rubbed his eyes.

"Your outside?" He said, scrambling onto his feet and I nodded.

"Yes...I'll get you out..." I tried to play with locks but they were firmly locked.

Footsteps came from the entrance way. 

"Hide!" Snotlout cried and I panicked, running back into my cell and holding the door shut as a guard entered to check on us.

He snarled at us as I whistled at him.

"Did you just whistle at me?" He asked and I nodded. "Do I look like a dog?"

I shrugged my shoulders as he came to my cell door. I pushed it open, knocking it in his face, that he fell unconscious.

The others cheered me as I grabbed the guard and dragged him into the cell, as Snotlout tied up his wrists through the bars separating us, so the guard was trapped.

"Be quick!" Ruffnut called and I nodded, grabbing the guards sword as I ran out of the dungeons.

I had been on the Berserkers island many time to navigate my way around.

Guards stood on either side of the entrance to the dungeons, so I needed a distraction.

I crouched down quietly and grabbed some pebbles, before throwing them at a barrel of water.

As the guards went to investigate, I snuck past them to Dagur's house.

The room...with all the papers about magic and sorcery.

There would be something in them that would tell me what Dagur was up to.

I walked to the back of the house and heard it was quiet and keeping the sword close to me, I walked up the stairs. Looking out of the small window quickly, I saw there was only a scarce scattering of guards.

Which was good because it meant they could not be everywhere at the same time. If they did go back to the dungeons and saw I was missing, their search parties would be particularly small and they would prioritise the places where I could escape the island, such as the docks or the caves or even the beaches.

They would never guess Dagur's house. 

I continued up the stairs and ran to the end of the hallway to the room.

It was just like we had left it. Nothing was missing, meaning either Dagur didn't care or he had other matters that were of greater importance.

I remained alert as I searched the many papers, books and scrolls.

All of them talked of Morgana Le Fay, with some even mentioning a Mordred.

I stuffed some of the papers into my small pouch as I skim read a few books.

The language...was Anglo-Saxon and I cursed.

But...

Fishlegs was an expert interpreter.

I searched for charcoal and a plain sheet of paper and scribbled down some of the words as I also tried to make out some of the words.

Languages was not my forte.

I folded it up and placed it in my smaall leather pouch too as I continued skimming through everything, but my eyes caught a scroll.

I opened it up and frowned.

"The Haddock Family?" I read the runes at the top of the sheet and I followed the lineage.

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock II had three wives; Unnur was Stoick's mother and she died when Stoick was two, Kristjana was Spitelout's mother and she died when he was four and Isadora was Hilda's mother and she outlived her husband by thirteen years.

Stoick was married to Valka and Hiccup was born through that marriage.

But...there was another line.

I followed it across the page and saw Njala Stefan.

Stoick had an affair with Njala when Hiccup was around two-three years and a daughter was born as a result of the relationship – Adelheid Stefan.

Ada.

Hiccup had tried to find his younger half-sister, but she did not want to be found.

She was a bounty hunter.

He was so upset when the elders made him give up on the searches and it took a lot of consoling.

I felt terrible for him because she was connected to his father and that meant his memory could live on.

Where she was...was a mystery.

Even Trader Johann had failed to see her on his travels and none of the other chiefs had heard or seen her...neither had Hamish and Elinor.

Hiccup kept his hopes high...but the elders were ready...should the worse have happened.

I shook my head, confused, but what made my mind wonder even more was another line from Stoick...which ended with two question marks.

Did...Stoick have another lover...and therefore another child?

Ada was supposed to be a secret, yet she was recorded on this family tree and there was no way they was drawn up in the past two years or so, because both Eira and I were missing from it.

Therefore...Dagur and someone else must've known all along who Ada was.

But...it still didn't explain the question marks. I folded the paper up and stuffed it into the pouch and as I stood up, I jumped.

"You just never learn...do you?" Dagur asked as I pulled the sword out, making him laugh. "The product of true love has to use a physical weapon now? Where's the magic?"

"None of your business..." I snapped as he entered the room with his hands up. "What is all this stuff?"

"None of your business..." He repeated and I glared at him, just as he pulled a sword out and hit mine. "Let me remind you of something." He hit my sword again and I jumped back, blocking the blow. "This is my island and you are trespassing! I get attacked and punished very badly when I come to your island...so I'm merely returning the favour almost..."

He slashed the sword towards me and I dodged the hit, hitting him in the back of the neck, before he swung his sword around.

I blocked the blow and jumped as he tried to hit my legs. I landed on the sword, kicking his chest with one foot and then knocking the sword out of his hands.

I held my sword to his neck. "Who is Morgana Le Fay?" I asked as he moaned, on his knees.

"I'd have expected you of all people to know that!" I frowned at his reply, the point of the sword going deeper into his neck.

"Who is she?" I repeated and he shook his head. "Tell me!" I demanded, slashing his arm and he winced.

"A sorceress! The same one that cursed your parents!" I froze, dropping the sword slowly.

"What?" I repeated and I saw a smile creep onto his lips.

"You didn't know?"

"Of course I knew...but I didn't know her name and she's supposed to be dead..."

"Yes...supposedly..." Dagur slowly stood up, but I lifted the sword again and held it at his neck.

"She's alive?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm going to find out..."

"What do you want with her?"

"Nothing that concerns you!" He scoffed and pulled a dagger free from his belt and slashed my shoulder. I screamed, hitting him with my sword again as I crashed into the doorframe, holding the wound on my shoulder.

I ran from the house quickly. "Guards!" Dagur called, and I was suddenly surrounded.

One of them grabbed me from behind and pulled the sword from my hands as Dagur stumbled out of the house.

"Get the other three!" He snarled as three men ran into the dungeons and dragged out Snotlout, Ruff and Tuff. "Now...all three of you will pay for this!" He lifted his sword and held it at my neck as I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Let's make your dear daughter motherless..."

He lifted his sword, but a familiar roar rang out from above that everyone looked up.

***

OMNISCIENT POV

Hiccup and Toothless flew circles around the island, before landing in the plaza.

Lifting up his helmet, jumping off the Night Fury and retracting Inferno, Hiccup stood before the Berserkers.

"Well, well, well...if it is not the Great Dragon Master!" Dagur said, the Berserker's laughing as Hiccup frowned, pointing his firing sword at Dagur.

"Let them go..." He said simply but Dagur shook his head.

"And why would I do that? They're trespassing on my island...as are you..." He lifted his sword and the guards ran to attack.

"Toothless!" Hiccup cried and the Night Fury fired at the guards, sending them flying to the other side of the plaza..

"I hate that dragon!" Dagur cried, before he grabbed Astrid and held a sword at her neck.

"Let her go...Dagur!" Hiccup protested, both him and the dragon ready to attack.

"Let me think about it..." He sighed. "No!"

"We really don't want trouble. This is a big misunderstanding!" Hiccup stated as Astrid fought Dagur's hold. The others tried to break free too as Dagur shook his head. "Let Astrid go!"

"What?" Snotlout cried. "What about us?" The twins nodded as well as Hiccup looked at him, giving them a look. "We're in this mess because of her."

"Dagur!" Hiccup cried. "We'll make a deal. Just...give her to me."

Dagur raised his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders. "Fine." He pushed Astrid towards Hiccup.

The couple hugged as Hiccup kissed her head, his free arm around her as he held Inferno up towards Dagur.

"Are you alright?" He whispered to her and she nodded.

"We need to help the others..." She replied.

"Don't worry..." They faced Dagur, but their arms around each other. "I have a plan."

"So...what's the deal?" Dagur asked and Hiccup smiled.

"Turn around..." He said simply and Dagur frowned, he and his men turned around and there were the other chiefs.

"The Deranged Berserker! What a time to be alive?" Alvin said as Dagur laughed.

"Of course...the annual archipelago meetings!" He snapped, his men getting ready to attack. "I should've known you wouldn't come alone."

"Yeah...but we didn't just bring the chiefs..." Hiccup pointed up.

Dragons, including Fishlegs and Meatlug, circled the island as Toothless roared at them.

"I'll still win..." Dagur said as Hiccup stepped forward.

"Bring it!"

Their swords clashed as a battle ensures.

Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut did what they could from being tied up as Astrid pulled a sword from Toothless's saddle, before locking in his tail so he could head up. Astrid ran to her friends and knocked back the guards holding them restraint with her sword.

Ruffnut lifted up her joined hands as Astrid struck the rope, freeing her.

Pulling her baton out, she swung it around and knocked out a few guards, before freeing Snotlout who then freed Tuffnut. The four of them joined forces, before Astrid called for the twins to held Fishlegs.

Snotlout and Astrid took down the guards as Hiccup and Dagur duelled. Alvin and Hamish came to him as they fought the Berserker chief.

The dragons flew around and fired, dodging the arrows and bolas that came flying towards them. "Fishlegs! Take out the slinger!" Ruffnut called and he obeyed.

"Come on Meatlug!" He called to the Gronckle who fired at the bola slinger, which burst into flames, but not before firing another bola which struck Stormfly.

"Oops..." Fishlegs said as Astrid ran to her dragon.

She fought Berserker guards who tried to stop her, as Toothless came swooping down and fired at the guards, Astrid taking cover from the powerful plasma blasts.

With her sword, she cut free her dragon, before boarding her as Snotlout climbed aboard Hookfang.

"Ruff, Tuff and Fishlegs...take out the weapons! Snotlout and I will held the chiefs!"

They went their separate ways, Toothless following Stormfly and Hookfang as the Nadder fired spine shots at some of the guards attacking the chiefs.

Hookfang landed in the middle of the Berserkers and set himself alight, avoiding Snotlout on the saddle, before knocking out several men with his flaming wings.

"Snotlout! Snotlout! Oy! Oy! Oy!" Jorgenson cheered as they headed back for the sky.

Barf and Belch released gas and sparked it which resulted in several guards going flying as well as destroying several slingers.

Seeing that the guards were down and there was an open window to flee, Astrid called to Fishlegs.

"Take the chiefs back!"

He nodded and called for the chiefs to run quickly.

Astrid remained behind and kept an eye on Hiccup and Hamish who tackled Dagur as Alvin left with the chiefs.

With Dagur on the ground, Hamish and Hiccup placed a foot on his chest to keep him down as their swords pointed at his neck. "You two are spineless!" He cried and Hiccup looked at Hamish.

"You're the one on the floor..." Hiccup pointed out as Hamish struck his sword into Dagur's tunic, keeping him pinned into the ground.

"You two will not get away with this!" Dagur cried as they turned to Toothless, preparing to climb aboard. "I know your secrets!"

Hiccup froze, swallowing the lump in his throat as he turned to Dagur. "What secret?"

"I know what you have been up...all your little secret meetings and..." Hiccup retracted Inferno and placed it at Dagur's neck.

"You know nothing..." He slurred, Astrid watching his peculiar behaviour. "And if you ever mention it again...I will hunt you down and I will kill you."
Dagur was amused but Hiccup marched back over to Toothless, Hamish climbing aboard behind before they set off.

"What was all that about?" Hamish asked as Hiccup saw the boat down below, following them back to Berk.

"Nothing..." Hiccup lied as Astrid hovered behind, before zooming past and taking the lead. She removed the papers she had stolen from Dagur and looked through them.

She had explanations to give...and questions that need answering.

***

*BERK*

HICCUP'S POV

The people cheered as we landed back on Berk and the chiefs docked. They were reunited with their families as darkness filled the island.

We had been there all afternoon and I hadn't even realised.

I sighed and climbed off of Toothless as Hamish thanked me for the ride before he hugged his worried wife and children.

Which reminded me...

I turned to Astrid and held her close, stroking her hair as I kissed her head. "Gosh...you're so stupid!" I mumbled against her hair and she laughed.

"Just doing my job..." She replied as we pulled away.

"What? Making my heart stop?"

She nodded as I rolled my eyes, laughing before kissing her passionately on the lips.

"Astrid!" Snotlout cried and we pulled away. Astrid huffed as Snotlout ranted. "You know all of this happened because your dumb reptile took us to the Berserkers's island?"

"Oh...boo-hoo!" She cried as I shook my head as Snotlout lost his patience. I raised my hands and calmed them down, before turning back to the chiefs. "It's been a long day...all of you should rest."

They all nodded and reluctantly left, but Hamish came to me.

"Are you sure you are alright? Whatever Dagur meant...it affected you...badly..." Hamish questioned and I nodded, assuring him otherwise.

"I'm fine...seriously...go rest and spend time with your children..."

He nodded slowly and walked towards the castle as I turned to Astrid, who stood there with her arms crossed.

"We need to talk..." She said simply and I ran a hand through my hair.

"But first..." Ruffnut stepped forward. "You need to tell us what you found."

***

In the privacy of my chambers, which had successfully been rebuilt, Astrid removed the piles of papers from her pouch, scattering them around the bed.

"You found all of this in that room?" Snotlout asked as he picked one of the sheets up.

Astrid nodded. "There was a lot more...but obviously I had to be fast and this was all I could gather in the short amount of time."

"Whoa...but this is a lot..." I said as I picked up a piece of paper and skimmed it.

"Who's Morgana Le Fay?" Tuffnut asked as read as piece of paper and Fishlegs gasped, Astrid's muscles tensed.

"Guys?" I looked at both of them in turn as Fishlegs cleared his throat.

"Morgana Le Fay...is the most powerful sorceress in the known world..." He started and I frowned. "There are many ways in which it is said her magic came about. She trained with another powerful sorcerer and used her magic for darkness or that she was a cambion..."

"A what now?" Snotlout questioned, asking the question on my mind.

"A cambion...half-human and half-demon?" Fishlegs explained. "Her father was believed to have been a incubus who seduced her mother...who in turn turned out to be a Queen of a Anglo-Saxon kingdom. She was born with magic...like Astrid and...she used it for darkness. She is believed to be immortal hence her years of training and practise...and her incredible strength and supernatural knowledge..."

Astrid sighed and looked at me. "She's also the sorceress who cursed my parents."

I frowned. "Why in Thor's name is Dagur looking for this lady?"

"Hello?" Tuffnut said, waving a sheet of paper around. "She can curse people, kill people and summon the dead, even build an army from them. She can hypnotise people and grant wishes as well as conjure many things! She is seriously awesome!"

"Again...Tuffnut...really?" Astrid asked slightly irritated. 

"What? I'm only being honest."

"The question is what does Dagur want with her?" Fishlegs stated and I nodded.

"Who knows? But it can't be good..." I looked at Astrid who shrugged her shoulders.

"What can we do?"

"I don't know...we don't even know what he wants with her!" I rubbed my temples and threw my head back. "We can't just attack without a reason for it."

"He's looking for a powerful sorceress who cursed your in-laws..." Tuffnut pointed and I gritted my teeth.

"Really?" I said and he threw his hands up in protest.

"What's this?" Ruffnut unravelled a scroll as she skimmed it quickly and then showed it.

"The Haddock Family Tree?" I read the title.

"Yes...I found it amongst Dagur's things..." Astrid said as I took it from Ruffnut and skimmed it. I laid it flat on the bed and skimmed through it, placing a finger as I drew the connections.

Everyone leaned over as we studied it.

"Here's Grandpa..." I placed my finger on Hiccup Horrendous Haddock II, my namesake. "And...here's my father as well as Spitelout and Hilda as well as their spouses and children..." I pointed out Snotlout before crossing back to my father. "Here's me..." I froze when I saw there was no Astrid or Eira. "Why aren't you on it?" I asked her and she shrugged her shoulders.

"It's probably old...but..." She put her hand on mine and drew a line back to my father, before going across.

"Njala Stefan?" Ruffnut read and I nodded.

"Adelheid...my sister's...mother..." I replied, before realising what I had said. "Wait..." I looked back down at the family tree. "Ada was supposed to be a secret. No-one was supposed to know about her...not until atleast two years ago."

"And this is old...because neither Astrid or Eira are on it...and your mother has a cross through her...implying she is dead..."

"How could Dagur have known about Ada before me?" I muttered.

"Maybe that's why he consulted Morgana Le Fay about?" Astrid suggested and I nodded slowly.

"Still doesn't explain why he would need that information..." Ruffnut added as I looked at her, not noticing Snotlout had slipped the tree from my hands and began studying it.

"Well..." Fishlegs said and we turned to him, well everyone but Snotlout. "Dagur did work with...Annelise..."

I felt my muscles tense as Astrid interlocked our fingers. "You know I don't like that name being mentioned..."

"I know...but..." Fishlegs defended himself. "The thing is...what if this was all just research on his behalf when they had their little alliance?"

"But why would he keep it?"

"Well..." Astrid started and I sighed, looking at her.

"What?" I was slightly annoyed with all of this new information.

"The entire island looked like it had been abandoned for atleast a year..." Astrid explained.

"And Dagur...confessed it to us. He hadn't been there as had none of his people for over a year. He said they had instead gone to the Albion and set up a village there with the Savages..."

I shook my head. "That's impossible! The chiefs said he had attacked them..."

"Hiccup...there was rotting food everywhere. The water sprouts and wells had all dried up and it was a ghost village. No-one has been there...for a long time..."

"Or atleast not have stayed long enough to carry out a raid on any passing ships..." Tuffnut concluded and I sighed.

"So...what? The chiefs are lying?" I looked at each of them and they shrugged their shoulders.

"Somebody is...and I don't think it is Dagur..." Astrid replied as I threw my head back again in frustration.

"The Gods hate me..." I moaned.

"Uhm...Hiccup?" Snotlout said and I whined. 

"What?"

He put the family tree back down in front of us. He put his finger on my father and then drew a line across to Njala, but he carried on and I frowned.

I hadn't noticed this line.

At the end of the line...was two question marks.

"What does that mean?" I asked Fishlegs and he turned the scroll around to face him as he skimmed it.

"I can only think of one thing...there's a rumoured illegitimate child out there somewhere..."

I froze. "What?" I managed to say as Fishlegs put this hands up in defence.

"I could be wrong...so don't panic..."

"I might have another brother or sister out there...somewhere?" I questioned and Fishlegs shook his head.

"It's a theory and it could mean anything..." He gestured to the scroll. "The only way to find out the truth is to ask the person who drew up the family tree..."

"There's no name..." Snotlout pointed out as I leaned on the bed post.

"This...is too much!"

"What...that your dad couldn't keep it in his pants." Tuffnut said and or the first time...I actually agreed with him.

"It's just a theory!" Fishlegs repeated and I nodded.

"Okay...we know Dagur has been searching for a powerful sorceress called Morgana Le Fay, he hasn't even been on Fellsstrond for over a year even though most of the chiefs in our home right now have claimed he has been constantly attacking the import and export ships...and my father died with secrets a-plenty! Did I miss anything?" I asked and they all shook their heads.

"Good...now leave. I want to sleep...my head is starting to hurt me."

"What about all of this?" Snotlout gestured to everything on the bed and I wave my hand.

"We'll deal with it in the morning..."

They sighed and left, calling their good-byes. Astrid gathered up all of the papers and tossed them on the desk as I removed my boot and armour.

"How are you going to deal with it?" Astrid asked suddenly and I turned to her. "We have men in our home right now...that have lied to us. How can we trust them?"

"Astrid..." I walked over to her, my arms coming around her waist as I kissed her neck as I leaned my chin on her shoulder. "I don't know who to trust or what to believe...but these men...there is no-way they would lie...especially knowing that they would be coming to Berk."

She turned around to face me. "Do you think that matters to them? Hiccup! Someone broke into our home, tried to kill me and kidnap our baby girl! We're looking at people beyond the Berkian waters...but shouldn't we be looking at those currently here?"
I looked regretfully down.

She was telling the truth.

"There was no way someone could've managed their way around this island without someone from the inside helping them...and you know that. Stop protecting them and keeping secrets from me and start looking after your people..." She poked my chest and slipped past me. "I'm going to check on Eira."

She had heard Dagur's words towards me, hence why she mentioned secrets.

If any of these chiefs in my home right now...had done this...why would I protect them?

But Dagur said he knew about my secret...and I wouldn't protect people who had it out for my family and there was no-way he could find out about my other secret.

Or could he?

I mean...he knew about Adelheid before I did...so what if he did?

What if he knew what I was up to behind the backs of the councillors, elders and even my wife?

I didn't know who to believe or what to believe.

Why would the chiefs do this...if they were behind it?

I had only every been kind, caring and supportive to them all, so why would they turn against me?

I rubbed my face and readied for bed. I walked to the balcony and looked out to see the island was asleep with a few guards patrolling here and there as dragons soared the sky.

After two years of reasonable peace...

A cold war was brewing.

And sadly...Berk was at the centre of it.

***

OMNISCIENT POV

It was dark on Berk as someone slipped out of bed. She checked her husband was asleep as well as her children, before tip-toing out of the room, pulling a shawl around her as she headed to the castle basement, a small letter in her hands.

Turning the corner, she saw him and he turned to her.

"Well?" He asked and she handed him the small letter as opened it.

His eyes going wide as he read the cursive words.

Elinor,

I'm in trouble.

They have me here against my will and I can't escape.

I don't know where my mother is and I don't know what to do.

They found out who I was...my connection to the Vikings...especially Berk.

Clan Munro won't let me go and Indulf, the Clan Chief, will not let me go.

I would ask for your help...but I cannot have anyone finding out about me being here in Caledonia.

Everyone knows who I am and despite living peacefully and trouble free in Albion...it just didn't feel like home.

I'm going to ask you anyway...but promise me...that you will not reveal where I am to anyone other than your husband...especially not to Hiccup.

Promise me.

And help me...please.

Adelheid Stefan.

Hiccup's heart beat grew as he looked at the Donan Queen. "It came the night before we came and I wanted to tell Hamish...but I figured it would be better if I told you."

"Clan Munro...they are the one with a grudge against you?"

"And Hamish. He was supposed to marry the chief's daughter but he married me instead..." Elinor replied and Hiccup.

"She needs help...we have to help her..."

"I promised her I wouldn't say anything and...well...if she finds out you've known for the past six months of her whereabouts...she will never forgive me."

Hiccup sighed and placed a hand on Elinor's arm. "I was forced to stop searching for her...because there were other things to be focused on. You decided to help me..."

"Because I saw how hurt you were about losing her..." She replied and Hiccup nodded.

"Something I am grateful for. Every other time...she has been safe and sound and there has been no trouble and that assured me that she was okay. But this time?" He held up the letter. "She's in trouble and she needs help and she is my sister."

"Hiccup..." Elinor said as Hiccup smiled at her.

"I will be fine...I promise..." He walked past her to the dungeons entrances and she frowned, before running after him.

"Wait...you're going now?"

"Best time to attack. They won't see me! I'll save Ada and her mother and bring them here to Berk..." He explained and Elinor groaned.

"You don't even know where Clan Munro's stronghold is!"

"Yes...but you do..." He replied as Elinor raised her eyebrows. "Come with me. We can save her together and bring her back. I'll have my sister back and you'll have your friend back!"

"But...I..." She hesitated as she looked at the letter, before nodding. "Let me change..."

"I'll meet you at Thor's beach..."

They left the dungeons, unaware someone watched them from the distance. As Hiccup entered his bedroom, he pulled his armour quietly and grabbed Inferno as well as his helmet.

He looked at his sleeping wife and stroked her cheek, before kissing her head.

"I'll be back...milady..." He left the room as Astrid shuffled in her sleep.

He then kissed his daughter good-bye, urging for both Eluf and Thora to remain quiet and assuring them he would be back.

He headed down to the stables and led Toothless to Thor's beach where Elinor was already waiting.

She was fearful and he smiled at her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We'll be back by sunrise...hopefully..."

She nodded, armed and ready as Hiccup climbed aboard Toothless and helped her onto the saddle as her arms came around him, holding him tightly.

"Head to Donan's southern borders. I'll lead the way from there..." She whispered and he nodded.

"Toothless...to Caledonia.." They set off for the sky as someone stepped out from the shadows.

His mouth was open at what he had witnessed and he didn't know how to describe it.

How was he going to tell the Queen of Berk and the King of Donan that their partners and flown off into the night after meeting up in secret in the castle dungeons?

And more importantly...what would happen?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi!!!

Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out. 

I've been very busy with other things, including some voluntary training. 

So...what do you think will happen?

I know things are slow and kind of boring right now, but things do get exciting in the coming chapters. 

The next chapter is titled, 'My Sister's Keeper' and here is a synopsis:

"Hiccup and Elinor race against time to save Ada from Clan Munro, but the disappearance of the Chief of Berk and the Queen of Clan Donan, causes conflict on Berk. When Hiccup is trapped at the Munro stronghold, Elinor takes charge and returns to Berk rallying a team to save the Chief as Hiccup fights the Celtic tribe to protect his sister and bring her home, despite her protests and her breaking heart. Will she return to her birth-right and her only family or leave forever to respect her father's wishes?"

The song above is titled 'I Am Merida' from the Disney-Pixar movie, 'Brave'. Just background music for the ending scene with Hiccup and Elinor. 

Their liaisons will be explained more in the next chapter. 

By the way, I've started watched 'Vikings' and it's amazing!!!!!

Where the hell have I been????

Anyway...see you guys soon!!!

And I promise the chapters will get better!!!!

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 289 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...
3.3K 67 31
THIS STORY IS A SEQUEL. IF YOU DO NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK YOU MAY BE CONFUSED. -------------------------- "Our worlds have been torn apart for centur...
201K 3.7K 54
| Completed | Hiccstrid Following the great migration of the dragons going to the Hidden World, Chief Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III marries Astrid...
88.8K 4.5K 32
"A hero, a chief, companions, dragons. Rise up against the evil one, save the home of many. The army of demons approaches. Beware, Thora, daughter of...