The Undercover Streetfighter✔...

By ashthunder123

{COMPLETE} {EDITING IN PROCESS} Ashley Winster, an alternate persona of what the world ex... More

Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Covers and all!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Tagged!
Chapter 23
Important, important note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
// N O T E //
Epilogue (Chapter 31)
THANK YOU & SEQUEL INFO.
FUN FACTS!
All The Covers!!!
ONE MILLION!

Chapter 27

26.1K 880 136
By ashthunder123

These are a few covers I've wanted to share for a long time however, I didn't find the time :P

Sorry guys! Okay, so they are from @Sierra3618. Thx for making them! They're awesome!

Now, back to the story:

***************************************************************************************************************************

Hand in hand, me and Jace were coming back from school.

Jace now knew all about the bar as I had explained that the bar was where I always changed into my disguise. He seemed to understand that and now, for the first time, we were coming back to school together without my disguise because we stopped by the bar to get myself changed.

"Anyways, are you sure your dad picked up Dylan today?" he asked.

"Yeah, he told me he would this morning," I told him shrugging it off.

"So..." he trailed off unsure of what to talk about.

"So..." I imitated.

He gave a nervous chuckle.

"Um.. How's your bike doing?" he asked.

"It has gotten fixed. Can you please stop being nervous around me?" I asked as sarcastically as I could manage to make it sound.

"Right," he noted.

"Shut up," I told him shaking my head, "Just. Don't."

"That's going to be hard considering I'm with you,"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"I can't shut up around you. I feel weird and stupidly start rambling from out of nowhere and I have these weird feelings when I'm around you that-"

"Jeez, Jace. I meant it when I told you to shut up. Your rambling again," I told him, shaking my head.

"You're the one who asked," he countered.

"I asked you a question. Not a whole autobiography of your life, Jace," I said, trying to stop my laugh.

He sighed and dramatically turned his head around refusing to meet my eyes. Gosh, he was such a kid.

I rolled my eyes before a mischievous thought came into my mind and I smirked slightly.

Noticing that he still wasn't looking at me, I took the first right that led straight back to my house and left Jace walking front with his head still facing the other side.

I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from bursting out of laughter.

I kept walking and kept my pace until I reached our apartment. Only once I got in our house did I truly collapse from laughing so hard. Wow, this hasn't happened in a long time.

Sure I had laughed along with Dylan here and there, but never this hard. That guy was unknowingly making me better.

Finally managing to keep my laughter under control after minutes, I made my way to my room. I was actually expecting Dylan to be in there either reading a book or studying, but once I got in, he wasn't even there.

I raised an eyebrow and went to Dad's room to check if he was there but he wasn't there either. Somehow, dad not being here as well as Dylan calmed me down a little. Maybe he took Dylan out?

But anxiety was eating me inside and I dug into my pocket to get my phone and call him. Surely one call wouldn't hurt.

I held the phone tight against my ear waiting for the number to dial. Around thirty seconds later, I was disappointed to get the message that his phone was switched off.

What were phones for then if you couldn't keep it switched on?!?!

I went outside and got the stand up to go and find them- at least to assure myself that the both of them were together and alright. Oh shoot, I had completely forgotten about Jace.

I imagined him panicking that I wasn't there with him and running off to find me. A small smile appeared on my face but was wiped off as soon as I remembered that I had no idea where dad and Dylan were.

I'll just have to tell Jace later. He can wait.

I quickly got off my bike, making sure to take the keys along with me and went into the park to check if they were in there. After an hour or so, I gave hope and finally embraced the fact that they weren't there.

Instead of sulking there, I ran onto my bike and went to his school's area. Maybe he was there? Maybe they just thought of hanging out there for a while?

I got off and looked around, searching for the both of them as hard as I could. Clenching my fists to my side, I tried to control myself as I was pissed off but anyone could clearly tell that I wasn't doing a very good job at it.

Where could they be? Where could Dad have taken Dylan? What place does Dylan love the most?

And then it clicked in my mind..

The ice cream shack. But I've grown to hate that place. The only thing that place brought was trouble and I had experience.

Every time I went there, something wrong happened. Not once did that place bring some happiness in- except for the fact that Dylan loves ice cream.

Oh god, now I'm going to have to go there once again.. for the sake of my Dad and Dylan.

 Awesome, don't you agree? Oh, and for lord's sake, tell me that you sensed the sarcasm in it.

I muttered a few incoherent words to myself before hopping onto my bike and going over to one of the places I dreaded the most in this city.

Finally pulling over, I looked for some safe spot to park my motorbike. No way in the world was I going to actually park it out in the open after what happened earlier. I wasn't going to be risking my bike again.

I looked around for some spot which was hidden. Well, I didn't know what to expect from an ice cream shack but couldn't it have at least one safe place to park your vehicles? What about all the other staff? Where did they park it?

It was useless to look anymore as time had been wasted already. I glanced at my bike and pouted, admitting that I was going to have to leave my darling alone... again.

I turned around and went into the shack. No one was in here except a few bored waiters who were currently on their phones.

I walked over to one of them. 

"Hi. Did any ten year old child and adult come here anytime before?" I asked.

He looked up and gave me an apologetic look. "Sorry, ma'am. But so many children came here along with their fathers today, how are we supposed to know which one your talking about?" he asked.

He had a point. "But do you remember anyone who came in here in the last couple of hours?" I asked desperate for an answer to where they were.

"Sorry, ma'am. We don't really remember," he told me and went back to his phone.

I sighed and walked out of the door. An awesome start, don't you think?

I leaned against my bike and crossed my hands over my chest. 

'Think, think, think... where could they be?' I thought to myself.

I paced around for a while before I remembered that Jace was probably freaking about me right now. At least, Dad was with Dylan... hopefully.

I decided to call up Jace so that I wouldn't have to worry about him anymore and fully concentrate on how I was going to find Dad and Dylan.

I dialed his number and a few seconds later he picked up.

"For heaven's sake, where in the world are you?" he screamed onto the phone.

"I can hear you perfectly clear when you talk, you know?" I teased.

"This is not a joke. I've almost gone to the far end of this city trying to look for you!" he groaned.

I smirked. "Nice. I'm near the ice cream shack," I told him.

"What? Oh come on!" he groaned once again, frustration evident in his voice.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, you see, someone didn't even think of calling me when she disappeared into thin air and I've been panicking and may or may not have ended up somewhere far. The worst part? I'm walking," he explained.

"Oops?" I asked with uncertainty.

"Oh, wait till I get there. You're dead meat," he chuckled onto the phone.

"How much time is it going to take you?" I asked.

"Around half an hour," he replied.

"Okay, see you then," I said.

"Bye, and please don't leave that place. I'm heading straight there," he said before disconnecting the call. 

Somehow, that managed to make me feel better. His light tone made me feel better, really better.

I went back to thinking when  I recalled the same place where I had witnessed my first killing scene. Disgusting. To this day, I couldn't believe that the guy in the black cape- who could have been my own Uncle- just killed an innocent man.

Okay, fine. I don't actually know if the man was innocent or not, but no matter what, how could you just kill someone like that?

That had me thinking back to when I almost got caught by those goons when my stupid phone just rang. By the way, my phone has great timing. It rang, twice, and I almost got killed.

Well, why would dad take Dylan in there? I didn't know if he was in there or not, but looking over there as well won't hurt if I came all the way up here, right?

Gulping, I lowered the volume on my phone until it was muted and slowly walked into the alley, praying to god that Dylan was in this place.

He and Dad better thank me for risking my life in order to just search for them. No kidding.

Finally, I got into the dead end of the alley, where I had witnessed the scene previously and let out a sigh of relief because no one was there.

I was about to leave when I heard a muffled cry around the corner.

The quote 'Curiosity killed the cat' was damn right cause no matter, how much I told myself to just get the hell out of there, my legs started moving by themselves towards the sound.

Right from where the cry had come, a few tough guys emerged, staring down at me and smirking. Of course, they just had to be here when I wanted to leave home in one piece.

But one look at them smirking at me sent blood rushing through my veins. I couldn't think straight except that these guys weren't going down without a fight.

If one thing enraged me the most, it was that a few sexist idiots think that girls can't fight. However, girls like me were enough to prove them wrong.

I gave them a daring look before they all burst into laughter. Abso-freaking-lutely fantastic.

"Are you here to see someone?" one of the guys finally asked.

"No, I was actually looking for someone until you buffoons popped out of nowhere. Now if you'll excuse me-" I tried passing by them but he held my arm tight.

"Get your hand away from me," I spat.

He smirked, obviously amused by the whole situation and nodded his head to one of the other buffoons standing beside him and he just nodded back and left, turning around the corner.

"Actually, we were waiting for you," he said, still smirking.

"What?" I asked, completely blanked out.

"We know exactly who you want to meet," he whispered intimidatingly, sending chills down my spine.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Isn't it this lad over here," he asked pointing to where my own brother emerged from the corner, the guy who the buffoon talking to me nodded to holding his arm tightly just like this guy was holding mine. Tears streamed down his face and my heart ached to see him like that.

"Leave him alone!" I squirmed under the grasp of these heavy men but that only caused him to hold me tighter along with a few others.

"One more surprise for you, darling," he said while smirking.

I didn't want any other surprises from them. I just wanted to take Dylan back safely and get home.

I just squirmed a bit more causing him to roll his eyes at me.

Another figure appeared from the corner. What? Was there a whole city behind that corner or what? How many people could they fit in there?

But this figure was way too familiar. I bit my lip to prevent the tears from spilling out of my eyes.

"Dad," I choked out.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Hello! An update for you as always. I know I'm a day late and I'm sorry. I left you on a cliffhanger! God, I'm so evil!

Guess you're going to have to wait for the next update, then.. And that's not going to be until next Saturday or something.

I think I'll be done with the book in two or three chapters now and then comes the epilogue.

There's a lot of drama to unfold, a lot of action to take place..

Picture of Ashley on the top!

Anyways, I've got over 55.3K reads! Woah, that's a lot!!!!!

Thanks for your support guys and I really love you all for reading my book. Oh, did you notice the cover change? Tell me if you like this one better than the other one! By the way, I'm going to be constantly shifting between these two covers because I love them both a lot! <3

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow!

Till then,

~Pakhi <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 2.1K 27
(Only the epilogue is left which will be updated after editing the whole story) Ashley Donnavon is a quiet girl in school. She gets straight A's and...
23.6K 367 12
Previously known as: 'best mistake.' Book 1 of the 'You' series. VERY SLOWLY EDITING BOOK! It's a mess. And editing is very long so yeah it's gonna g...
629K 16.4K 26
She's ruthless, cruel, cold. To her, fear is nothing. Fear doesn't exist. This girl has a reputation big enough to have her name whispered by the big...
331K 8.3K 36
Inside of school she's a shy, weak, innocent nobody. Outside of school she's a queen. When she's not at school, say one wrong thing to her, she'll ri...