Kicking Him To His Feet (On H...

By Immature_Writing

When Jean's mom drops 'the bomb' on her, she flips out. Jean has to train a stranger, and that stranger woul... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

11.7K 98 11
By Immature_Writing

Chapter 1

I brought the glass of water to my lips, when suddenly, everything in the kitchen started shaking violently. Making the glass in my hand shake and spill water all over my face and shirt. I coughed and spluttered, wiping the water away with my shirt. What the heck was that?

I stopped for a minute to feel anything, then shrugged. Deciding that it was just a momentary shake, I brought the glass to my lips again when everything jolted. Making the water splash all over my face, I blinked the water away from my eyes and wiped my face off with my shirt.

Then everything kept vibrating, what the heck was going on?

I scowled in annoyance and settled the glass over the counter top, waiting for all the rumbling to stop. My first thought was, that it might have been an earthquake. But if that was the case, people would have already been outside.

Heck, my mom would've thrown me outside to save myself. But, obviously, my mom was on the couch reading a book as if all the vibrations were the usual Monday morning stuff. Something was definitely off.

The glass rattled on the counter top and fell off, shattering beside my feet. I yelped in surprise, and jumped back, thankfully, I was wearing my converses so my feet were fine. As soon as the shock settled in, I glared at the shattered pieces and turned around.

I stalked off towards the living room to find my mom, the shattered glass was the final straw, I needed to know what was going on.

For a week, my mom's been acting weird. She's constantly on the phone, everyday she brings home a lot of fliers that she doesn't let me see, she has been out a lot.

I kept asking her what was up, but she always dismissed it, saying that it was nothing. I tried a couple of times, then gave up. What was the point of asking when I was going to get the same answer each and every time?

My mom wasn't in the living room, so I decided to look through the screen doors and see for myself what the hell the ruckus was about.

I have no idea why we even had a screen door, there wasn't even a pool outside, just our backyard. I had begged my mom for one, but she declined, saying that it was pointless and a waste of money.

Well, having a pool in my backyard sure doesn't seem like a waste of money to me. I had told her that, but she said that I could waste our money at the public pool. Like hell I was going to do that, the lifeguard gave me the heebie-jeebies, I swear he kidnapped people.

I looked outside and squinted against the sun, my jaw dropped at the sight. There was a huge hole in my backyard.

I threw the screen doors open and looked around, there was a huge tractor, a lot of construction equipment and a lot of men. Digging a giant hole in my backyard.

I continued to gape at the scene before me, what the heck?

There was a loud crash, and I looked over to see more equipment being dropped in my backyard. I shifted my gaze back to the hole. The men kept digging and drilling and making all kinds of horrific sounds.

Someone called my name and I looked over, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I spotted my neighbor and friend covered in dirt, sweating and holding a shovel against his shoulder.

"Buck?" I asked as soon as he reached me, eyeing him curiously, "What're you doing here?"

He shrugged and jutted his thumb behind him, "I'm helping my dad with this thing. Why're you so surprised?"

"Well, sorry if I wasn't expecting a large hole in my backyard, should be normal right?" I said, sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes at me, "I figure your mom didn't tell you yet," He raised an eyebrow.

I crossed my arms, "Yeah, she didn't," I looked around for a moment before looking back at him, "Do you know what this is all about?"

"Well, my dad said something about... constructing a pool? I don't know," He shrugged and then grinned, "It's pretty cool you're getting a pool, though."

I stiffened at that, "That hole... is for the pool?" I asked slowly.

He nodded, "Yeah..."

I exhaled, "I can't believe this," I muttered.

"What?" He asked.

I looked up at him, "I'll see you later, Buck. I've got to talk to my mom,"

He nodded understandingly, "Okay, go easy on her," He joked.

I didn't bother with an answer and turned around, walking away to find my mom. She's got a lot to explain. No wonder she was avoiding me, she could've just told me that we were getting a pool. What's there to hide about?

I have a slight inkling that the pool isn't all that there is, there must be something else, or she would've just told me.

I went upstairs and towards my mom's office, I didn't bother knocking and slammed the door open. Her head snapped towards me as she continued talking on the phone.

I stepped in front of her desk and tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for her to end the call. She registered the look on my face and eventually ended the call. Silently placing the phone on the desk.

"What's this about mom? Why didn't you just tell me that we were getting a pool?" I asked, annoyed.

My mom rubbed her temples and sighed, "Jean, please sit down, I'll let you know everything,"

I huffed and plopped myself down on one of the chairs, crossing my arms, "Now tell me what's going on,"

My mom looked up and opened one of her drawers, I watched as she pulled out a flier and handed it to me.

I took it from her and glanced at it curiously, "What's this?"

"Just read the first few lines,"

I shifted my gaze back to the flier and read it.

'Looking for a place to stay? Well, say no more! We have what you want. One bedroom with two single-beds, a bathroom and fully-furnished. Plus, a swimming pool, your very own personal trainer and cuisine...'

I stopped reading after that, my eyes widened.

We had an extra bedroom with two single-beds and an attached bathroom, it was meant for guests but we had two guestrooms, the other one wasn't really used all that much.

I was a trainer at the gym.

We had Debbie in our kitchen to cook us dishes.

I shifted my gaze back to my mom, still as horrified as ever but my mom was looking excited. Smiling at me.

After a moment she asked, "So, what do you think?"

I blinked, flabbergasted, "What... You're giving away our spare room? For rent?!"

My mom laughed lightly, "Well you have nothing to do all summer," Okay, I might've something planned, "And I wanted to start a business of my own. So I thought, why not? Isn't this great?"

I crumpled up the flier, "Great? You didn't even ask me if I was okay with it!"

My mom raised an eyebrow at me, "Well, are you okay with it?"

She got me there, "Yeah, but--"

"Then I don't see what the problem is here," She leaned back in her seat, tapping her pen against the desk.

"But, mom! What if some creepy dude rents a room?" I asked, shuddering at the thought of the lifeguard at the public pool.

She shrugged, "Then we'll have to tolerate him," I gave her a stunned look. She sighed, "I don't know why you're so against this. It's perfect, you love training people, don't you?"

I pondered on it for a moment, yeah I did love training people. Why was I so worried about all this? I was getting a pool for goodness sakes. Maybe it's the strangers that I'll be living with.

I sighed and placed the flier on top of my mom's desk, "I don't know..." I looked up at her, "Maybe I'm shocked. This is a lot to take in, I mean, a stranger living with us for God knows how long? It's just weird,"

She smiled in amusement, "You really worry a lot, I am not going to just throw the door open for anyone. Do you even know how much the rent is?"

I shrugged, "Nope, how much is it?"

"Five thousand dollars," She responded casually.

I choked on air, "F-five thousand? Are you crazy?"

She gave me an accusing look, "Do not use that word with me. And yes, five thousand. I'm not going to give a room for free, this house is luxurious. We're even providing a swimming pool, do you think all that would be just for five dollars?"

I scoffed, "Well, not five... but don't you think five thousand is a bit too much?"

"Goodness, Jean. It's not like I'm asking for five thousand each day,"

"So what? Every second?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, each month, and I would be very appreciative if you'd support my decisions," She chided.

"I do support it, but... I'm don't think I'm comfortable with a stranger living two doors away from me. It's seriously weird..." I shuddered.

"Calm down, I already told you, I wouldn't let a hobo in."

I nodded and stood up, huffing, "I'm counting on you..."

My mom smiled at me as I turned around and left the room.

This new information was making me feel weird, and I had a bad feeling about it. I mean, someone weird staying in my house? It couldn't get any worse than this!

I took a deep breath. Calm down, Jean. You're just shocked, that's all.

I went downstairs and to the kitchen, the vibrations were still there, and I bet I still couldn't drink water in peace. That is, if I even manage to get water in the glass with all this shaking going on.

I sighed and made my way towards the front door, throwing it open and walking towards my car. I needed a place to stay for a few days, maybe even weeks, if I wanted to survive.

Maybe I'll go and live in Starbucks.

I imagined myself camping in Starbucks and then the owner getting tired of me and kicking me out. I laughed at the thought as I unlocked the door to the driver's seat and jumped inside, before slamming the door shut.

I shoved the keys into the ignition and started my Porsche, backing out of the driveway and heading towards my destination. I needed tons and tons of distraction, and clear my thoughts out.

I was just so confused about this whole thing. How would I manage to live with a stranger?

I huffed, I guess I have to wait and find out.

______________________________________________________________________________

Yay! My new story! I'm so happy to have this posted, I was really hoping to! Now you guys know why I haven't been updating NR. I was working on this thing.

Chapter two will be up soon, I'm going to post five chapters of this book before continuing NR again. Don't worry, I'll try to do this as soon as possible! 8))

Anyways, banner/cover to the side made by greeshma13 ---->

The current cover is made by me, but I have this other cool cover so I'll be changing this one soon!

-Stay cool mah peoples! 8))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.1K 32
When Charlie moved with her family to England, she didn't expect to become "new meat." But she did, and she doesn't like it. The boys in the gang One...
201K 7.6K 34
Alex is a troublemaker, yet he doesn't want to be. It's just that when people get too close, or too personal for his comfort, he snaps. Events of his...
960 246 36
Evelyn Moon: She is 18 right now and has a dream of becoming a singer. She is a major klutz. Evelyn sarcastic but is too obvious about it so she is h...
234K 12.7K 33
*cover by harleenhollow* Munro Wilde is as troubled as they come. But who can blame him? His dad was in prison for five years and his mom took...