The Only One [n.h. + h.s. au]

By suchakariri

"I don't want to argue." "Then don't." [narry storan au] More

Description
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Twenty Two

2.2K 61 2
By suchakariri

A/N:

Comment if you enjoyed this chapter! I'd really like to know what you guys think. Although it saddens me to say it, there will only be three more chapters before the epilogue. ): I've thought about writing a sequel, but it's highly unlikely. Thanks for sticking with me, munchkins! 5K reads, huh? Y'all rock.

My friend drew an outline of Narry for me haha. Thanks Rani. c;

Karina xxx

Niall's POV

I can't go into that courtroom knowing that Chase and Hunter are slipping by without the punishment they deserve. I've refrained from discussing it with Harry, but I'm still not happy about the outcome. My mum and Anne both came to support him and I should be in there as well. Instead, I'm pacing up and down the corridor like the horrid boyfriend I am. 

The door swung open and my mum waved me over, "Chase pleaded guilty, Niall."

"What?" I breathed. "Did Hunter?"

"No," she frowned. "They're being sentenced in three weeks."

Harry and his lawyer came out from the other set of doors, and I watched them, carefully, "And the plea bargain?"

"It's gone out the window."

"Lovely," Harry smiled, leaning down to kiss me. 

"Hey baby," I fixed the collar of his shirt. "Doing okay?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "I had no choice but to testify."

I cupped Harry's face in my hands, "They hurt you. It was the right thing to do."

"I honestly believe that the both of them are cap-"

"Stop," I cut him off. "That's just bullshit, Haz."

"Why are you so grudgeful?" Harry mused. 

"I don't want to have this conversation here," I grumbled, walking out into the fresh spring air. 

"Well?"

"I have every right to hold a grudge," I said as calmly as I could. 

He looked ahead at the cars zooming by on the street, "You need to learn how to forgive and forget."

"I can still feel Hunter's hands on me," I spat. "The bruises and scars may have faded, but the memories haven't. They made me believe that I was worthless; a disgrace to society."

I chuckled, bitterly, "But, you wouldn't understand. We live in two entirely different worlds. People look up to you while they look down on me, and that'll always be the outcome."

"Not everything is about you!" Harry exclaimed. "I'm sorry that happened, Niall. I really am, but it's not my fault."

"I didn't say it wa-"

"We can't keep doing this," he uttered, going down the concrete steps.

"Harry," I murmured. 

He made it to the second set of steps.

"Do you love me?" 

Harry stopped, turning his head, slightly.

"Do you love me?" I repeated. 

"Yes."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Then, don't walk away."

I continued. "I know all I do is make things worse for us, but I'm begging you, don't walk away."

Harry's curls bounced when he shook his head, "I..."

Without finishing his sentence, he went down the rest of the way, not once casting me another glance.

---------------

My cheeks are flushed and stinging due to the amount of time I've spent crying. The ache in my heart is immense compared to the first time we broke up; even when I witnessed my boyfriend kissing another bloke. 

Is Harry my boyfriend, though? Did he break up with me in front of the courthouse? Maybe it's best if we're apart for a while.

I crawled to the other side of my bed to retrieve my phone and opened up the most recent message.

From: My Delicious Hazza 

Open your window. x

"Okay?" I mumbled, standing up and pushing the panel out.

"Harry!" I whisper-yelled out the window. "What in the world are you doing?! It's nearly midnight!"

Come on, come on

I'm right, I'm wrong, and when I'm wrong, I say 

We always had the good and bad

And that will never change

This is the closest I've ever been

Oh yeah

I covered my mouth with my hand and listened, intently. 

We give, we take

We mend, we break

And so the cycle goes

We're doing well, we've been through hell

And only heaven knows

How far we get to

Thank God I met you, though

And if you don't know

Just put your hand on my heart

And I don't have to say it

And I don't have to fake it

Just put your hand on my heart

And you'd know

I didn't hesitate to sprint down the stairs and out the back door, coming to a halt when I reached Harry.

When you don't feel that you're strong enough to make it

When life treats you hard and don't think you can take it

When you don't, the way you stand; you're close to breaking

Just put your hand on my heart

Harry grabbed my hand, placing it on his chest, and sang, softly, "Put your hand on my heart..."

"Under the oak tree, I made a promise to you," he handed me a single rose. "I told you that I'd never leave."

I brought the rose up and inhaled its scent, thinking back to that day. 

Harry kissed the side of my forehead as I let the tears stream down my face, "Sh, it's okay."

"Don't leave me," I croaked.

"Never," he played with the fingers on my right hand. "I want you to be open with me, alright? You don't have to tell me right now, but you can talk to me whenever you're ready."

"I had to clear my head before I saw you again," Harry bit his lip, then went on. "I can't imagine my life without you in it, Ni. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship; ours is far from that, but it works. Even when the tiny quarrels turn into fights, it works. Why? Love. Because we're in love."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him, tightly.

"You absolute fool," I buried my face into his neck. 

He laughed and scooped me up like I weighed nothing, "Only for you."

The shriek that followed was both very loud and very embarrassing, "No!"

"Too late," Harry carried me to my room for a night, or should I say morning, full of cuddling. 

---------------

"Your tattoo," he said, randomly.

I hummed, "What about it?"

"Nothing loved can ever be lost... We can't lose each other. That's what it means, yeah?"

"Correct," I rolled onto my side and rubbed our noses together. "I don't want to argue anymore, Hazza."

"Me either, lovely," Harry pecked my lips.

"Good," I grinned, happily dozing off in his embrace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 56.5K 200
It's all in the title ^^ :)
108K 949 24
Full of imagines and preferences :) xx
4.3K 64 25
No one is ever safe.
22.9K 579 42
"never again will i let anyone hurt you."