My Guardian Angel

By crepuscularcurse

Annabel had the perfect family. That is until a tragic accident takes her mother's life. Now, 10 years later... More

My Guardian Angel
~Prologue~
~Chapter one~ California
~Chapter two~ New friends
~Chapter three~ Familiar eyes
~Chapter four~ The beach party pt. 1
~Chapter five~ The beach party pt. 2
~Chapter six~ Hurt and cold
~Chapter seven~ A bad day
~Chapter eight~The date pt. 1
~Chapter nine~ The date pt. 2
~Chapter ten~ The truth
~Chapter eleven~ Nicknames
~Chapter twelve~ Reading minds
~Chapter thirteen~ The superblaster water gun fight
~Chapter fourteen~ Tantrums and possessiveness
~Chapter fifteen~ Accidents happen
~Chapter sixteen~ Men do cry
~Chapter seventeen~ I'm in hell. Literally.
~Chapter eighteen~ We'll find her
~Chapter nineteen~ Warning: Heartbreak may lead to collapsing
~Chapter twenty~ Evil dwells in unexpected places
~Chapter twenty-one~ Break Free
~Chapter twenty-two~Everything's gonna be ok
~Epilogue~
Author's Note

~Chapter twenty-three~ Mates...Mates everywhere

6.2K 292 56
By crepuscularcurse

If you noticed in an earlier chapter, Rayne was pretty upset when Rizoel pointed out he had no mate. So I decided to use his POV because he's about to get a happy ending just like everyone else(;

BTW: I'm changing the spelling of Annabel's name because it fits with a song and a poem I wanted to add. So now I have to go back and fix the spelling in EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER. Sigh.... Anyways, enjoy(:

Song to the side is Last Time by Paper Route :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~

~Rayne~

I watched as Rizoel held Annabel in his arms and looked at her lovingly. I wanted that so much. A love like that. But sadly I wouldn't be able to have it. Angels usually don't find their mate until they either die or they never find them at all. I was scared of that happening to me.

What if I never find her? What if she never crosses my path? What if she goes to hell and I never get a chance to save her? What if...

"Rayne! Rayne gather the others! There's been an accident and we have new arrivals." Jacques patted me on the shoulder before taking off down the corridor.

New arrivals.

I cringed at that. New arrivals meant that people died in an unnatural manner. Meaning there was a horrible accident and people were killed instead of dying at an old age.

"If you two are done loving each other, there's a more important matter at hand." I murmured to Rizoel and he scrunched his eyebrows.

"I'll never stop loving her dude. But anyways, what's the matter?" I bit my lip.

"New arrivals." I whispered and his eyes widened.

Annabel looked confused.

"New arrivals? That means... Oh." She looked down and Rizoel grasped her cheek making her look at him.

"It's ok, darling. They're in a better place now. And that's no lie." She smiled and I couldn't take it anymore.

I had to leave before I blew up over my jealousy of their love. Why do they have to be so perfect? I've been jealous ever since he found Annabel and its not because I had romantic feelings for her. I mean she was cute and everything, but she wasn't THE one. I would be happy once I found the one I could call mine. Heck, maybe she won't actually be a she. Maybe I'm gay. Who knows? God works in mysterious ways.

I arrived at the gates of heaven just as the others made an appearance. God stood at the entrance, watching as a group of what looked to be teenagers walked towards him. They looked frightened, yet relieved.

One by one they walked through being greeted by everyone as they came. One stood out though. A boy with brown scruffy hair and the most beautiful golden brown eyes I've ever seen unsurely walked through. He didn't seem happy in the least. He actually looked as if he wanted to cry. I wanted to go to him, but a girl with black hair ran up and grabbed his arm. He seemed relieved and pulled her into a hug. Then they kissed. My heart broke and I walked away. I couldn't ruin something like that.

I stood looking out over the fields of heaven, watching people laugh as they celebrated a new life. I smiled softly. Everyone seemed so happy. A tap on my shoulder caused me to turn around in surprise. Annabelle smiled at me and looked rather excited.

"Hey Rayne. I'd like you to meet a friend of mine. His name is Greg. He's one of the people who were in that bus crash." I nodded and looked up into those golden brown eyes.

He seemed surprised at first when his eyes zeroed in on me. But that surprise was replaced by pure curiosity. My eyes flashed colors and I knew he was mine. But that girl I saw earlier was next to him. She smiled at me and I offered her a sad smile.

"N-nice to meet you." Annabelle looked confused before realization dawned on her.

She covered her mouth with her hand and shook her head. I didn't need her sympathy. Yes. My soulmate has a girlfriend. He's not gay. He won't be with me. I could already feel the rejection that was bound to set in. His girlfriend didn't appear to notice anything wrong.

"I'm Star. I was also in the bus crash. Greg's my boyfriend." Disappointment set in and I looked down.

"Excuse me." I hurried away before I started to cry.

I wouldn't cry. I refused to. Maybe I'll just have to wait again for another mate to come along. After all, you don't only have one mate in your whole life. If you face rejection, you're bound to have another one. After waiting so long I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait longer. Guess that's not the case.

"You know I'll talk to Star about this, right?" I turned around to see Annabelle walking towards me.

"Don't." She looked taken aback.

"But he's your s-" I cut her off.

"Listen to me. I want him to be happy. Even if that means he isn't mine. Don't ruin what they have." She looked beyond pissed.

"No. You listen to me. He's your soulmate and Star has one too. He's out there somewhere for her. Greg isn't meant for her... He's meant for you. So I'll talk to her. She'll understand. He'll understand." She pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

"I want him happy. What if he gets upset?" She smirked.

"I know him more than you think." And with that she walked away.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. What if he doesn't take the news so well? What if Star gets pissed and goes on a rampage, me being her first victim?

Suddenly I was tackled to the ground. I looked up in shock and my body went numb. There above me smiling like a maniac, was none other than Gregory. I chuckled nervously and slowly sat up. He looked like he was in deep thought before finally speaking.

"Even though I don't know you and Star was my girlfriend who I've known since elementary school, it doesn't matter. I couldn't tell her and break her heart." I looked at him confused as ever.

What is he talking about?

"I'm gay. And I want you. I feel it. The soulmate pull. As soon as Annabel told me I finally understood why I felt so drawn to you. You're mine and I'm yours." He hovered over me and I took that as my cue.

With all the strength I had, I pulled him down and crashed my lips to his. They tasted sweet with a hint of mint. He smirked against my lips and I chuckled before sticking my tongue in his mouth. He won the dominance dance, much to my dislike. But I didn't care. All that mattered was him. And it would always be that way.

"NO WAY! OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE." We pulled away and looked up to see Star running towards us.

I soon realized she wasn't stopping and before I could react, she jumped on us. I groaned from the sudden weight and Greg groaned louder. I'm not gonna lie, it was a total turn on.

"Jesus woman, you're so faaaaaat." Star giggled and punched Greg.

I growled a little and Star gave me an apologetic look.

"So you're not mad?" Greg looked at Star with regret.

"Of course not. It's kind of my fault we were together so long. I knew you were gay. You told me in 7th grade don't you remember? But then things happened and we ended up dating. I was being selfish because you were a close friend and I didn't want anyone to have you. But I'm letting you go. He's all yours." She winked at me and I blushed.

Greg chuckled and I pulled him to me.

"You hear that? You're all mine." I smirked and he chuckled.

"With pleasure." Then our lips clashed again.

~Annabel~

When I found out Greg and Star were part of the new arrivals, I was rather upset. They didn't deserve to die yet. They were so young and they had so much to live for. But they didn't seem too down about it. I was just glad Kasey wasn't on the bus with them. Star told me they were going on a field trip and Kasey was sick that day so she couldn't go. I sighed in relief. School would soon be over and she would meet new friends in college. I knew she would.

Turns out Carlos and Kasey were set up as twins. Kasey was brainwashed into thinking they were twins, but they weren't actually related. God erased everyone's memories that had anything to do with Carlos. No one knew of him anymore. Well, besides us that is.

Riz told me he had to talk to someone so I was by myself for the next few hours. I looked around at everyone. Rayne and Greg didn't waste time in sucking each others face off. I giggled at them. They're so adorable together.

Jacques stood off to the side looking like he wanted to shoot himself(not that it would do much) because some blonde bimbo from the bus crash was flirting with him. Then his eyes lit up when he caught sight of a quiet girl that kept to herself. I think her name was Catherine. She looked at him and blushed crimson. I smiled.

Yup. They're definitely soul mates.

Cassius and Caspian were too busy trying to impress these two girls who kept rolling their eyes but giggling nonetheless. I wasn't so sure if they were their soul mates but I wasn't going to question it. I didn't need to when I realized something. They weren't the type to flirt with random people, so I knew they were theirs.

Cilix was currently pushing Chapin on a swing that hung from a cloud. She was laughing and looking absolutely carefree. He had a secret smile that held so much love I couldn't force the grin off my face. When Chapin was told I was her half sister, she was rather excited. She wouldn't stop going on and on about how great it is to have a sibling that doesn't drive her up the wall all the time. It was rather comical to see Riz's reaction to that. He pouted and then I had to fix it.

My mother was watching everyone with Camael holding her to his chest. They were happy and it made me happy.

That just left Azrael and Lakin. Lakin gave her the biggest grin I've ever seen and she kissed him before making her way over to me. I smiled as she approached me.

"So how have things been going for you and Rizzy?" I giggled.

"Great. He's currently talking to someone right now. Now I'm just waiting for him to come back." She nodded and gave me a knowing smile.

Sadly I didn't know what she knew.

"What?" I questioned lightly.

"I have a secret. A power that no one knows about." I waited for her to spill.

"I can tell when someone is pregnant. And I can also tell the gender." I wondered why she was telling me this.

Then it dawned on me.

"You're not saying..." I was bewildered.

"Yes. Annabel, you're pregnant. And it's a girl." My eyes widened.

"What? But Riz sai-"

"Riz said what?" Riz wrapped his arms around me and smiled.

"I think you should tell him dear. I'll leave you two alone." I pleaded for Azrael to stay but she walked away with a wink.

"What is it you need to tell me?" He smirked and I looked down, refusing to meet his eyes.

"I'm p.. I'm pr..." I was scared that he wouldn't be happy about it.

"What darling? You can tell me anything." He put his finger under my chin and lifted it.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out and he looked confused before his eyes widened in shock.

"That's not possible. Unless..." His face hardened and his arms tightened around me uncomfortably.

I cringed and he slightly let go, but still held me.

"Did Carlos touch you?" He spat out and I realized what he was getting at.

"NO! Riz the baby's yours. You're the only one I was with." He relaxed and looked a little conflicted.

"But I thought it was impossible." I smiled and hugged him.

"I thought all of this was impossible. But look where that got me." He laughed heartily and I couldn't help but join in.

"What gender?" He smiled.

"A girl." He beamed and picked me up spinning me around.

"Perfect. She'll be my princess and you'll be my queen." His lips crashed to mine and I returned the kiss.

With Riz, I already felt like a queen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~

GAH<3 did you like it? I just need to write the epilogue and I'm FINALLY finished with my story. It's been almost a year since I started this and it's finally coming to an end. Thanks so much for reading! (:

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 673 32
Since Analiese's mother died she's been tossed around like baggage, wondering why her life has to be this way. The day she was pulled away from her m...
1K 238 43
'I'll gift you a romance that every girl desires, but few get to live.' Tyler once said... He didn't lie, but... 17-year-old Rose only wanted a simp...
725K 30.5K 58
As an angel of love, Hadraniel "Adrian" Stars doesn't really know how to do his job properly. His parents being the King and Queen of the Angels Asso...
878 29 47
Adrian moves to Tokyo for a new life; only to come across a group of strange men. After losing his family to a car accident he has no where to go. He...