Human

By acwyatt

Tommy Gold's the snarky, gay lit major who still lives in his parents' basement. Jake Miller's the all-Americ... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen; end

nine

11.3K 835 23
By acwyatt

Almost three weeks after the I'm-A-Fucking-Amputee fiasco, Tommy spots Jake in the caf, laughing with his buddies, and he's determined not to let him weasel out of it this time.

He ends up waiting for Jake's friends to leave for close to an hour. Then they finally stand up, crumpling Chipotle wrappers in their fists. Tommy waits for them to do their stupid-ass frat boy handshake before getting up, hurriedly shoving his things into his backpack.

"Hey," he says sharply, touching Jake's shoulder.

Jake whips around. When he catches sight of Tommy, his eyes widen. "What do you want?" he says finally, looking away with pursed lips.

"I want to talk to you," Tommy says, jerking his head toward the exit. "And I want you not to run out the fucking door, all right?"

Jake looks at him for a long moment, face flat. "Fine," he says, grabbing his Coke and standing up. "Lead the way, Gold."

Tommy swallows and tries to pretend that doesn't hurt him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.6K 25
*complete* In the heart of the city's darkness, Angelo, a rebel with a soul ablaze, seeks freedom amidst addiction's grip. Elliot, burdened by privil...
34.4K 1.9K 11
[BXB] Blake Collins moves in next door and Luca Mendoza's world turns upside down. ☆☆☆ When popular football player Blake Collins moves in next door...
239K 9.2K 25
Julian Kyle, America's favorite boy. Girls scream his name and go crazy over him. But will one photographer end up driving him crazy?
389K 17.6K 23
Aiden's summer of quiet isolation is sabotaged by Lucas and his circle of jocks; the exact people Aiden took a job in the woods to avoid. Pestered by...