My Mother's Boss (BoyxBoy) [P...

By Thebloodygrimmreaper

It started with an assignement for school. Shadow a parent for a month. Sounds easy right? Wrong. Lev... More

My Mother's Boss
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
~A/N Important Notice~
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Ian & Jer Chp. 24

Chapter Eight

88.3K 3.6K 1K
By Thebloodygrimmreaper

{Chapter Eight}

By the time I get home after talking a bit more with Ian, it had begun to rain. So when I come into the house, soaking wet, shivering, and yet somehow still reeling from the past hour or so, it isn't a surprise that my mom comes to interrogate me. While I take my jacket, heavy with the fresh rain, my mom makes her way over to me with an unreadable expression.

"How was your date?" I blink in confusion, panic rushing through me so fast it makes my heart skip a beat.

"Date? It wasn't a date," I add quickly, only now realizing how defensive that sounded. She arches a perfectly sculpted brow in a silent question, staring at me for the longest time, as if reading my inner most thoughts.

"I know that. How was the outing? Is that any better?" She corrects in amusement, seeming to make a joke out of it. I blink in confusion, remembering how not three hours ago she was interrogating me about leaving the house, now all of a sudden she's joking with me? I furrow my brows, taking a step back to assess my mom, making sure it's her. When I confirm this is indeed my mom I decide to wave her mood swings off as being her time of the month, that would explain a lot.

"It was good, Mom. But I have to get to bed now. Um, goodnight." I mumble, nearly saying 'goodbye' rather than the simple goodnight. How awkward that would have been. I shake my head and go up to my room, locking my door out of sheer habit.

I discard my clothes until I'm left in nothing but my boxers. I yawn and turn my light off after plugging my phone in and starting my music. I maneuver through my darkened room, slowly adjusting to the darkness while I get comfortable between my large comforter and sheets. I close my eyes, willing myself to think of Ian, just Ian, while I slip into sleep's coaxing arms.

~ ~ ~

"I'm on the highway to hell! On the highway to hell, highway to hell!" I groan and pick up my phone to shut my music off, not wanting to deal with school. I don't mind it but I didn't exactly get much sleep last night. Plus I don't want to go into my mom's work today, I don't want to see Jer. Or rather, I don't want to break my resolve of getting over him. Though, of course I can't just avoid him.

What am I supposed to tell my mom if I did that? *I'm sorry, Ma, I just don't want to be around your boss because I've started to crush on him and I know it would never work out. You know, the usual. So how about dinner?

I roll my eyes at my thoughts and focus instead on continuing to get ready for school. I pull on a gray shirt and black jeans, slipping on my beat up Vans. I run my fingers through my hair quickly before gathering my things and leaving my room. I grab a granola bar from the kitchen and leave the house quickly.

I lock the front door behind me and slide in my car, pulling out of the driveway once I put my music on. I get to school within a few minutes and park, checking my phone because I know I got a message when I was driving.

From: Ian

Hey... did that sound weird? wait, maybe I should have said hi or hello. Or good morning. Is it a good morning? Oh never mind, ignore me...

I laugh at that and shake my head, loving Ian's rambling.

To: Ian

hahaha, you're fine. My morning is good so far, especially since I got to hear from you :)

I reply before getting out of my car and heading into the school. I get to my locker and after I put my stuff away I look around for Lydia. I don't see her and my phone vibrates in my pocket so I shrug and lean against my locker in wait of her. I pull my phone out and smile when I see a new message from Ian.

From: Ian

oh my god thats adorable. Your so awsome, I mean great, like cool crap, even in texting I ramble

I chuckle, biting my lip as I smile at that.

To: Ian

Don't worry, I don't mind your ramblings, it's cute.

I slide my phone into my pocket after that since I see Lydia walking towards me with a grin spread across her purple colored lips. Today she's wearing short black dress with buckles around it that reaches her knees, some black heels and a pink jacket. She all but bounces up to me while the hem of her black dress bounces with her and the buckles making clunking noises. She seems to be in a very good mood, I note.

"What's up?" I question while we walk towards our classrooms. She shrugs, a blush spreading across her cheeks.

"Victoria officially asked me out. We're dating!" She squeals, bouncing up and down in excitement. I chuckle and nod, patting her on the shoulder.

"That's great, I'm happy for you." I add truthfully. From what I've heard, Victoria is perfect for Lydia. She's so nice and kindhearted, caring. I know she'll be good influence on Lydia, and help her through those rough patches in her life that she doesn't typically talk about.

"Thank you. Oh my god, how are things with Ian? What happened yesterday?" she probes and I shrug nonchalantly as though nothing big happened. Of course, a kiss is not exactly big per say, but the fact that Ian agreed to date is pretty important.

"We kissed-" before I can finish she squeals in glee, interrupting me.

"Are you dating?" she demands and I chuckle, shaking my head at her slightly uncharacteristic excitement.

"Yes, we agreed to date." I confirm and she stops to throw her arms around me in a hug. I laugh at that and pull away gently, forcing her to continue walking towards our classrooms.

"That's so great, now you can get over Jeremiah. I mean, obviously there was no way that would happen." She adds and although I know she's right it still stings. I may be dating Ian but there's no denying that I still have that weird crush on Jer. Of course she's right, it would never have happened, but hearing it and thinking it are two different things. Hearing that something you want is implausible is much worse than thinking it. However, I shove those thoughts away quickly and shrug instead.

"I know. Well, hey, I'm going to get to class. I'll see you later." I reply with a smile and she nods, bouncing off to her own class. I walk into the room, going straight to my seat and ignore the loud chatter of the other students. I pull my phone out of my pocket, smiling slightly when I see a new message from Ian.

From: Ian

hm, so im cute? Good to know.

To: Ian

Definitely cute. Hey, can you go off campus for lunch?

From: Ian

i can, y?

To: Ian

I was hoping you could join me for lunch today, over at the new dinner they opened on Birch.

From: Ian

of course, i won't pass up the opportunity to have lunch wt u, or to spend time with u

I smile at that and text him once more but I don't get a reply so I assume he's busy paying attention in class, unlike me. I put my phone away and watch the teacher as he explains that Huxley seems to have made numerous predictions about the future without seeming to realize it in his book Brave New World. I zone out though since I've already heard all about it and already read the book years ago.

I sigh in relief when the bell finally rings for lunch. I leave my class and head to the cafeteria so I can tell Lydia and Jess that I won't be joining them for lunch. I push through the crowd of students trying to get to their own destinations and finally break away from the huge crowd when I enter the cafeteria. I spot Jess and Lydia immediately so I head over there. They both look up when I clear my throat but stay standing.

"I'm going off campus for lunch. I'll see you both later. Oh, Lydia, did you need a ride to your mom's work?" I ask, realizing she may not have a ride yet. She shakes her head with a big grin.

"Victoria is going to drive me, she's picking me up in a bit so we can have lunch first." She replies and Jess sighs dramatically.

"You're both leaving me? How rude." She tosses her long hair over her shoulder and I roll my eyes.

"Oh shush. I'll see you guys later." I add before making my way out of school. I get in my car and drive to the diner.

It's not too far from the school, only about three miles. It's a nice, but small, little family owned dinner. The building was previously a boutique so it has display windows in the front that hold numerous odds and ends including street signs, coins, and even an old mailbox.

I walk into the building after parking my car in the parking lot on the side and texting Ian to make sure he was here. My stomach growls when I enter and smell all the food that's being cooked, while I simply ignore in order to find Ian.

I scan the restaurant and catch sight of the head of brown hair belonging to the boy sitting alone at a booth. I smile and make my way towards the booth, taking a seat across Ian. He seems startled by my sudden appearance but shakes it off and smiles brightly.

"You made it. I mean, not that I didn't think you'd make it. I knew you would. I mean, I didn't, I'm not psychic. I was hoping you would though. But I know accidents happen, that would have been terrible if you had gotten into an accident." He adds, biting his lip before stirring his straw around in his glass of water. I smile reassuringly, noticing that there's another glass of water on the table.

"I'm glad to know you would be upset if I got into an accident." I reply in amusement, taking a sip of the water from the extra glass.

"Of course I'd be upset. I mean, I don't know if it's obvious or not but I do care a lot about you. I haven't known you long of course, but I still care. Oh hell, I sound sappy." He sighs, blushing crimson while I attempt to contain my laughter.

"I like sappy." I assure and his interesting gray eyes catch my own, seeming to search for any hint of dishonesty, which he won't find. He drops his eyes back to his cup and I tilt my head to the side in curiosity. The way he acts, not necessarily timid, but surprised when I say things like that, makes me wonder about any of his past relationships. I want to ask him if he's been in any other relationship and how they were; however I'm interrupted by a waitress to take our order so I save the question for later.

Once we order we continue talking about random things from the weather to politics; and things as trivial as what kind of air freshener smells the best. It's fun, and I find myself smiling the whole time, having a great time. I sigh though when I get a glance at the time, wishing time wouldn't move so fast when I'm having a good time.

"Well, I have to head over to my mom's work now or I'll be late." I state, sad that I have to leave Ian. He smiles though in understanding and after dropping some money on the table - receiving an eye roll from me - he walks me to my car.

"I'll talk to you later. I mean, we will talk, right? Oh but you don't have to talk, I don't mind. As long as you reply. If we're texting of course. But you don't have to text me either. It's your choice." He adds and I chuckle as I always do when he gets this nervous and rambles.

"I'll text you, Ian, I promise." I add before I wrap my arms around him in a hug and kiss him on the cheek. I pull away and he smiles, a bit nervously while I unlock my car. "I'll talk to you later, Babe." I give into the temptation and kiss him chastely on the lips before I get in the car to leave. Though as I'm driving away I see him smile from my mirror, making my own smile wider.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 4.9K 12
Dash has five sisters...yeah he is the only boy that his parents had. His sisters are all older then him, he is in his last year of high school. Thre...
192K 9.6K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...
1.5M 74.8K 40
Christian has finally done it. Made things official. But it wouldn't really be their love story if one of their families didn't cut that budding, lo...
Jellyfish By Jupiter

General Fiction

140K 8K 24
"Two for the price of one, baby." "I can't even afford one." August has been in the U.S. for quite a while now, and he wasn't sure what part he hated...