Caught in the Middle

By 4Rival_Renee5

Seraphina Hollins, daughter of a prostitute drug addict and a father who walked out. Her life was easy before... More

--Ch. 1--
--Ch. 2--
--Ch.3--
--Ch. 4--
--Ch.5--
--Ch. 6--
--Ch.7--
--Ch. 8--
--Ch. 10--

--Ch.9--

649 4 1
By 4Rival_Renee5

(RivalAutomatic)-- Hey there! Writing this to say sorry about the wait , but I made this chapter to super duper oooper long to make it up! Or at least I think it's super duper oo---yeah you know.

Enjoy!!

**************************************************

I woke up to an unfamiliar room and the smell of vanilla.

Suddenly all of last night's events rushed back to me.

Emmett.

A strange room.

My agreement.

I looked around only to find that the face that will haunt me for the rest of my life was gone. Sadly I think what happened last night was the first and last time.

A warm and wet substance ran down my cheek. This will change my life forever. My school work, friends or friend should I say.

My sense of worth.

Giving myself to anyone who will have me, at any time.

The tears are flowing freely as quiet sobs escaped my lips. What have I done to myself?

Shaking and wiping the tears off of my face, I tried to compose myself and walked out of the bedroom door.

Step by step my legs slowly made it down each stair to the cold waxed floor.

"You're still here?" I heard Emmett say from what I understood was the kitchen. I looked to him and saw he never turned around to become aware of me.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because you haven't taken me home yet!" I said getting angry; I'll tell ya this guy........

"DON'T! Don't yell at me." He said finally taking his eyes off of his food so I could see his face, irritation clearly written across it.

"Well, are you going to take me home? You know while I still have my youth?"

I said shooting him an irritated look of my own.

"Lose the 'tude, and maybe I'll consider it." He folded his buff arms across his chest, making me finally realize he was shirtless in boxers.

I focused my eyes to the floor, hiding my very evident blush.

"Oh I'm sorry my dear Emmett sir." I said picking my head up making sure to keep my eyes focused on his, not that it helped much. "Would you please do me a great favor and take me back to the place where I was kidnapped by you, your majesty?" I said in a childlike voice.

All irritation in his face was erased replaced by pure anger.

"Get. Out. Now." Were his words. Each coming calm and slow and he made his way to the living room couch. He bumped passed me as if I was not even there.

"What do you mean get out?"

"I mean go back from where you came from."

"I don't know.....know the way." My breath was shaky and I didn't know why.

"Just call Journey, she knows the way right. So just ask her to come pick you up. Now, goodbye."

He made a shoo movement with his hand and turned on the television.

"You can't just kick me out!"

"Look! Let's get one thing straight." He stood up and slowly walked towards me. "I can do whatever the hell I want. You know why? Because....I own you."

I tried to hold my ground under his intense gaze but failed miserably as I backed away, fear clearly behind my eyes.

"You, in no way, own me."

"Oh really? Think about this: who gives your mother money to pay bills, buy food for you, clothing, shoes, anything? Oh yeah, it's me isn't it? "

"Yeah, some job your doing there."

"At least now you'll be able to get off your lazy ass and work! Finally quit mooching off of your mother, she has PROBLEMS. Problems that you have never tried to help her with. Now what does that make you?"

His words hit me hard. He was right.

Not one time did I try to help my mother. The closest I ever came to doing so was when I threw a needle across the room and called her a selfish whore.

For a slight second I thought maybe he was just manipulating me, but I pushed it away quickly.

"You're right." I said barely above a whisper.

"Of course. Now get out. You start work Monday."

"Ok. Umm, bye."

I ran out the front doors into the street, barely missing a head on collision with a mid-sized van.

I looked down at my feet to examine my body and seen my clothing, noticing they did not belong to me. I contemplated walking back into the house and try to obtain my belongings, but something in the back of my head told me it was an awful idea.

I had to agree.

But I couldn't just stand in the middle of the road.

Think, Seraphina, think!

I could knock on the doors of random strangers until one of them let me in to use the phone.

But there's that slim chance that one of them is a pedophile.

Or I could walk the streets yelling "Rape!" until someone helped me or called the police.

Again, not my best idea.

Five minutes passed.

Ten minutes.

Ten minutes of me sitting down beside the road, thinking of different strategies to get back home, even though it was the last place I wanted to be at the moment, it was all I knew.

The only problem was, there was no way to get there. I had no phone; I had no way to get back home or even to the party.

I felt defenseless,

Stranded,

Weak.

Weak.

Weak was the word that continued to spin throughout my head. Only a weak person would let go of all of their morals for something as unimportant as money. I mean, sure, I was in a financial bind but I wasn't doing too badly. I had food on the table (almost) every night. My clothes were in (kind of) good condition. My mom's drug addiction didn't take up an enormous amount of money (sometimes).

And I still agreed. I still agreed to throw away my life for her.

With that being said Emmett's words still rang true.

It was time for me to help.

And.......I can't help until I go home!

I just have to do it.

I picked myself off the pavement and dusted myself off.

Here goes nothing.

I walked to the front door and rung the doorbell.

No answer.

A second time.

No answer.

I ring three more times no answer.

"Emmett, Emmett open up!!" I yell pounding on the door.

"Whoever you are, go away!"

"It's Seraphina!"

"Oh, in that case.......go away!"

"Please! I need to get my things."

He didn't reply.

"Emmett?"

"What?"

"Let me in!"

The door flung open revealing a very frustrated looking Emmett. He had my clothes and phone in one hand and a plate in the other. I shot him a small smile before walking into the rest of the house.

"Thanks so much...."

"What are you doing?" He stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Coming inside to get my things from you."

"No you're not. Here, now leave." He threw my belongings on the ground and shut the door.

Fuck my life.

[.....]

"Now would you like to explain to me what happened?!" An anxious Journey screamed as she pulled onto the highway.

"Dammit Journey, that's my ear you know!"

"Do I look like I care? Now talk!"

"I already told you. The party was boring me so I went for a walk!"

"For eight hours!?"

"Yes." I said staying calm, knowing it would bother her. Maybe that'll make her stop asking questions.

"Oh, yeah. That's just grand. Nice little story, I really loved the part where you didn't tell me where you slept or where the new clothes came from!"

I didn't respond after that. If I did there wasn't a doubt in my mind that she would get the truth out of me.

But even my silence didn't stop her complaints; which I ignored. Eventually we pulled up to my house and she apologized, saying she just worries about me too much sometimes.

"It's okay Journey, I'm a big girl."

"Ha-ha sure." She said playfully punching me in the arm.

"Thanks for the ride Journey. I'll call you later?"

"Sure." She replied as I opened the car door.

Fumbling through my pockets for a couple minutes I finally retrieved my house key

"Be sure to tell your mom I said burn in hell!" Said Journey as she sped off. Ahh, Journey. Sweet, loving, compassionate Journey.

I walked into the house to find it completely trashed. As usual. This is the reason I don't leave the house often unless it is absolutely necessary or I'm just going to Journey's, when I leave my mom alone she's like a kid with a cookie jar she doesn't know when to stop!

I really hope she is not expecting me to clean this house all by myself.

"Mom?"

"Genevieve?"

"Seraphina, get up here!"

Uh oh, guess she got the news.

I slowly ascended up the stairs to my mother's room. She was sitting on her bed staring at nothing.

"What's wrong mom?"

"I heard you took the job Emmett offered to you. "

"Yeah, I did."

"Well that's good." And this is weird. Why isn't she yelling at me? Telling me how much of a worthless being I am. why isn't she asking me why I didn't just take the job years ago, why wasn't she placing our financial burden on me. That's what I was expecting. For her to yell in my face, I wasn't looking forward to it but it was thought I kept close. But no, she's just sitting on her bed, with a small smile on her face looking at the blank television, then me, then back to the television screen. She was really pretty today. She was always stunning but it's been a while since I seen her in regular clothes. Her hair tied up in a messy bun, a red v-neck cottton shirt, and penguin pajama pants for once she looked like a normal woman.

She played her thumbs and kicked me on the thigh with her left foot repeatedly, I giggled.

"Mom are you okay?"

She laughed and continued to play with her thumbs and look around aimlessly. She's stop kicking me every now and then for a few seconds to focus on her hands.

"Are you high?" I asked her.

She didn't give respond just looked up, giggled, then stared at the bed. Of course.

I got off the bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen, I so did not have time for this. Making my way down the creaking stairs I walked over to the fridge and peeked inside to a familiar sight. Ham.

That's right, ham. Just naked ham. We usually had more but seeing as my mother had her little get together last night, we have nothing.

Sighing I took out the packet and a plate. There isn't much you can do to it, so I ate it plain.

Hopefully, I can change this. All of this. No. I WILL change all of this. It doesn't matter what it takes. I'll get enough money so we can live debt free. Once I start working, I'll get my mom in rehab. And maybe, just maybe, get my dad back.

[....]

I got out of the parked car in front of a huge club called Club Platinum 94. It was beautiful, not to mention packed. My mom walked through the doors first, then me, then Crystal -my mom's best friend- followed closely behind. She was a really pretty lady, not to big, not to small. Not to tall not to thin, with flawless skin and long black hair. She wasn't much older than me, 21 or 22 I don't remember. She helped my mom out with everything, she was the one who influenced her to do the things she does. So if you haven't already figured it out, me and Crystal aren't the best of friends.

"Hurry up, Seraphina. Emmett is waiting on us." My mother called to me over the loud music. Yeah, that's what I want to do, loose the little youth I have left even faster.

We walked towards a secluded bar pushing and bumping against random people on the dance floor. Most of them looked like they were having sex, others just looked like crazed bunnies on speed. Every now and again my eye would catch a loner leaned against the wall.

I kept taking deep breaths, and getting ready for what I was about to face and replaying the rules Mom had given me in my head.

1) It doesn't matter what the client looks like, always do your job.

2) Do whatever the client wants, the only exception is is they request you to fatally hurt them or yourself.

3) No matter the gender, the task is still clear.

4) If a person isn't willing to pay beforehand they get nothing.

5) Never step into the club without makeup.

6) Don't ever get drunk while working, the clients think it's sloppy.

7) A little foreplay is fine, as long as you do what's most important.

8) If a client doesn't want to use a condom, then don't use one.

9) Never, ever, whatever you do, don't have a relationship with a client. No matter what.

I didn't think being a prostitute had so many rules.

"Okay Emmett, here she is." Crystal said shoving me to him.

"It's about time, what the fuck took you so long!?"

"There was traffic."

"Traffic. Traffic? My driver picked you up at twelve o'clock in the morning in a Mercedes-Benz S-Class, and you tell me about traffic!"

"Well, maybe if the new bitch hadn't taken so long to get dressed we would have--!"

He put his right hand up and slammed it through the air hard, stopping right before it hit Crystal's, now silent, mouth.

"Rhetorical question." She didn't answer, just took a step back and remained quiet.

"Come here Seraphina." Emmett said. I did as I was told. "You see that boy over there?" He asked pointing to a young boy. He had to be seventeen or eighteen at least, I noticed him on the way in. Even through the rough, cluttered crowd he was easy to spot. He had shiny brown hair that stopped around his neck, strong cheekbones, and gorgeous blue eyes that complimented his somewhat pale skin. A white button down with the top three undone giving a nice glimpse of his toned chest, and simple blue jeans that fit just right.

" That's your first client.

He was breathtaking, which made me wonder why he was my client.

"Does he know my name?" I asked trying not to sound nervous, but like always I failed.

"Nope."

"Does he know when I'm coming to talk to him?"

"Negative."

"Does he even know he's a client?"

"Well he's about to find out now isn't he? So, does that count?" He stated with a chuckle. With one forceful push, I was face to face with the mystery man.

With one forceful push, I was in front of the mystery boy.

He looked at me one then did a double take. Not that I could blame him, not trying to sound conceited but not even I could be modest enough to deny that I looked hot. My bright red dress hugged all the right curves and make my bust look way bigger that usual and the shortness of it didn't leave much to the imagination either.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey?" He replied a bit confused, not that I blamed him. I was a stranger had basically fallen into his chest without any sudden warning. "Do I know you?"

No, no you do not. And I'm gonna walk away now.

Ugh, come on Seraphina, don't be a punk. Putting on my best sexy face (which isn't good at all) I said,

"Do you want to?

He raked his eyes over me, examining every curve. I was starting to feel more nauseous than when I stepped into this horrible club.

It's like sex on hardwood in here.

Finally he opened his mouth to speak.

"Yeah. I do."

My life is officially over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 5 5
A teen girl falls in love with a drug dealer and he becomes possessive, controlling, abusive...she ends up running into a friend from school and they...
1K 32 15
After living most of her life in child prostitution, she finally finds her break. But it doesn't come easy.
1.3M 34.4K 29
"P-please. I'll be good. Please don't hurt me." I begged him, wrapping my arms around myself, as though that would keep me from completely falling ap...
1.2K 66 40
One stupid favour leads to another... -*-*-*-*-*- It might have been a stupid deal, a stupid favour we've asked of each other. But if this worked, at...