The Last Flight (A Maximum Ri...

By SylviaDablo

This is when there was no Dylan, no Gen 77 kid or those stupid turn that you hate so dear. This is just Max a... More

The Last Flight (A Maximum Ride fanfiction)
TLF chapter 3.
TLF Chap.4
TLF Chapter.5
TLF Chapter 6.
TLF Chapter 7.
TLF Chapter 8.
TLF Chapter 9.
TLF Chapter 10.
TLF Chapter 11.
TLF Chapter 12.
TLF Chapter 13.
TLF Chapter. 14
TLF. Chapter 15.
TLF Chapter 16.
TLF Chapter 17.
TLF Chapter 18.
TLC Chapter 19.
TLF Chapter 20.
TLF Chapter 21.
TLF Chapter 22.
TLF Chapter. 23
TLF Chapter 24.
TLF Chapter 25.
TLF Chapter 27.
TLF Chapter 28
TLF Chapter 29.
TLF Chapter 30.
TLF Chapter. 31
TLF Chapter 32.
TLF Chapter 33.
TLF Chapter 34.
TLF Chapter 35.
TLF Chapter 36
TLF Chapter 37
TLF chapter 38
TLF Chapter 39
TLF Chapter 39
TLF Chapter 40;
TLF Chapter 41
TLF Chapter 42
TLF Chapter 43
TLF 44
TLF 45
NOTIFICATION FOR LEAVE

TLF Chapter 26.

2.7K 51 9
By SylviaDablo

I want to thank you to all that comment and vote on my story.

I promise to have at least 1 chapter up per week, if not 2.

----Sylvia :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just hold still a minute, Iggy!"

He was bouncing in his seat lip between his teeth. "I'm trying, but what if it worked? What if I can see?"

Dr. Martinez smiled and continued to carefully snip at the bandages. "It has only been three days, and even with your healing abilities it might take longer, so don't be disappointed if nothing has changed, OK?"

"Okay..." But he kept bouncing, his fingers curling and uncurling.

It was a tense moment as the last bandage fell away...

He wished they were back from school ... He wished SHE were back from school. He wanted her face to be the first thing he saw. And he would risk having his butt kicked into next year as long as he got to see her, to hold her face between his hands and stare into her eyes...

He wanted to see her eyes...

That is, if she still liked him...

What if she'd found someone else in the weeks since the 'incident'. What if walking in on him standing there in the bathroom naked had been a one-time affair? What if she didn't want him anymore?

"Well, are you going to open your eyes or not?" Aaron said impatiently.

"What time is it?"

"Its half-past three, Gazzy should be home any minute."

"Come on, open your eyes, I can't take the suspense!" Aaron whined beside him.

Iggy shook his head, suddenly afraid to open his eyes and see ... If he could see...

"Take me outside, I want to be outside..."

Aaron mumbled something under his breath and patted his own shoulder so Iggy could hear where he was. "Come on then, bloody hell, you've gotten me so worked up I'm about to snap!"

He could feel the warm September air on his cheeks and smell it, the beginnings of that cool, earthy autumn smell...

He heard the bus slow and stop, heard David shrieking happily as he ran up the driveway shaking a paper, "I got a 100!"

He heard Gasman shouting, "I LOVE FRIDAYS!"

And he heard her feet on the gravel. That soft, hesitant sound ... He heard Max laughing at something she said and he heard Fang walk up the steps silently and disappear inside.

Angel laughed and called for Total...

He opened his eyes and...

His knees shook violently and his mouth was dry.

Everything was dark in his left eye, still blind and useless...

Color... Dazzling blue smeared with yellow and red. Indistinct shapes, one yellow tipped and dark in the middle, one dark with a splash of bright pink across the middle, and a slightly lighter blob in green...

BIG! The world was so big!

He whimpered and turned, running back into the house hands out before him. He didn't know where he was, everything was alien, strange and harshly bright.

He hit the steps and fell scrambling up on his hands and knees his breath catching in his throat. His mind felt torn, two frighteningly different senses suddenly existed where there had only been one. It was hard to comprehend that he was seeing the things that he'd only been able to identify by touch days before...

"Iggy?"

Gasman's voice to his left and he turned. Another yellow tipped shadow this one in blue.

He continued crawling up the steps until he made it to the top, his hands out, stumbling in the direction he remembered the bathroom to be.

Something rectangular lit up before him and a black specter loomed out at him. He shrank back from it with a cry but hands grabbed him and Fang's voice was loud and scratchy, slightly melodic.

"Iggy? Iggy what's wrong?"

Iggy shoved his way past the specter and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

A red topped shadow was to his right and he lashed out his heart hammering in his chest.

His hands came to a stop pressed against something cool and smooth and his breath died in his throat.

The mirror...

Now that he could feel it, he knew it was the mirror, he recognized it... He pressed his face close his eyes open wide.

He touched the red on the mirror then put his hand on his head...

His hair ... He was seeing his own hair!

He laughed, he laughed and tears rolled down his face.

"Iggy? Are you OK?" Max called from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine ... I'm OK, now," He turned reluctantly from the mirror and cracked open the door pressing his face into the opening and grinning out at her.

He could make out the differences in the color now, he could tell the difference between her hair, her skin and her clothes. He opened the door the rest of the way and stood there smiling. "Don't move."

"Why not?"

He stepped forward slowly and raised his hand. His grin widened and he pressed the tip of his finger against the tip of Max's nose.

"Because I want to get a good look at you!"

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

"Okay, my hand eye coordination could use some serious work," Iggy said wiping ketchup off the leg of his jeans and front of his shirt.

They'd built a small fire in the backyard and were roasting hotdogs over the flames, celebrating the 'miracle' as Total had called it.

He had no depth perception and was still blind in his left eye but he could see color, he could see shapes and if he concentrated hard enough he could find things without being told at what o'clock they were sitting.

David rushed out of the house and presented Iggy with a picture he'd just got finished drawing. It depicted a crude stick-figure with flaming red hair and wings standing beside a smaller brown haired stick-figure with wings and a large heart floating above them both.

"I'm really happy you can see now," He hugged Iggy tightly around the neck then jumped away laughing, "Can we go chase fire-flies?"

Iggy stared around trying to see the little flickers of green light in the darkness and was awed when he could.

He spent the next hour wondering around the yard gently cupping the few fire-flies that hadn't died in the waning summer coolness, in his hands and staring open-mouthed as they blinked and then flew away.

"This is so cool!" He said under his breath and scooped up another watching it blink before letting it go.

David jumped around slapping at the little bugs but never managed to catch one and at about ten thirty he rubbed his eyes and announced he was going to bed.

Aaron, who'd been inside most of the night scrounging around with Gasman suddenly came out of the backdoor carrying an armload of what looked like Roman Candles and assorted other fireworks.

"Ladies and Gents ... And Totals, of course," He added when the little black head raised and white teeth flashed.

"The Gasman and I are proud to present a show of lights!"

"Aaron, smile!" Ella said and lifted her camera.

She'd been taking pictures all night and now when ever she said the word 'smile' everyone froze and grinned comically because they weren't particularly sure who she was pointing the camera at.

Aaron gave her a cocky grin and closed his eyes so as not to be temporarily blinded by the flash.

Iggy sat back down in the lawn-chair he'd claimed and prodded the fire with a stick watching the brightly colored flames dance before him. Then there was a loud screech and a firework shot upward into the sky, bursting in a bright flash of green.

Everyone 'Oo'ed and 'ahh'ed and Iggy felt a small hand slip all four fingers into his palm. He grabbed the fingers for a second, giving them a little squeeze before they retreated.

Iggy swallowed hard because he knew what those fingers had meant...

She still liked him...

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

So? How was it?

Bet you didnt see that comming huh?

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

DO IT OR I'LL QUIT

MWUAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 260 29
โ”โ”โ”โ €โ› ๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ถ ๐‘ญ๐‘ผ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฐ๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘บ ๐‘ถ๐‘ต ๐‘จ ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ญ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ ๐‘จ๐‘ซ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘ต๐‘ป๐‘ผ๐‘น๐‘ฌ. โœ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ their paths crossing was the best thi...
841 17 16
Find out what happens between Dylan and Max. :) I know a lot of told me that Fang can't die, but I had written the first story before reading the las...
77.6K 1.4K 21
Set after Book 5:A betrayal leads to Max running away and wiping her memories. Now the Flock wants her back, but she's changed. That doesn't stop two...
52.9K 1.2K 62
Max, Fang, their daughter Phoenix and the Flock have finally made new lives for themselves, living safe and happily in caves. Suddenly everything tha...