Breaking Point || on hold

By sleepingxrainbows

With having a king for a brother, living at a bar, being an outsider everywhere she went and not knowing wher... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteeen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Not a chapter
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Ten

1.5K 57 5
By sleepingxrainbows

It had been days, no, weeks. Weeks since Fushimi has left HOMRA.

At first it was awkward with Yata like a bomb with a short fuse. Anything you mentioned about saru and he'd get upset. Angry. He would yell or clench his fist but I know it was all out of hurt and betrayal.

Things became a little more smooth for a while until some gang was stirring up trouble and both the red and blue clans got involved. According to Izumo, it was awkward encountering Fushimi and almost instantly, Yata and Fushimi began fighting.

I only sighed when he told me that. They're never going to have peace together again and it was very unfortunate.

As for me, I actually avoided going out. I was scared of somehow encountering Fushimi so I restricted myself to only going to see Mari at the diner and the nearest book shop which didn't have nearly as many as the usual I went to.

Apparently, HOMRA has been worried about me. Worried that I was sick again or depressed or something. I can't say about either because I really don't know. I don't think I'm depressed or sick. I feel fine, just more tired.

Last night Mikoto came into my room, the first time since I was sick. He just wanted to ask if I was ok, with his deep rumbly voice that held no real concern in it. He probably only came just because Izumo and Tatara forced him.
The only response that he got was "yea" before I looked back down at my book, waiting for him to leave. Eventually he did and I was left alone again, just how I liked it.

I really am a strange person. I enjoy being alone only so I can be with the characters of a book. And when I'm not reading I only like listening to music or being with certain people. Mari, Tatara, sometimes Izumo-

And him.

Yeah. I miss his presence. Even the annoying tongue clicking was somehow reassuring. Probably because I felt as if it was consistent, something that'll always be there. I guess I never considered the possibility of him leaving HOMRA even though I knew he felt uncomfortable here.

"Naomi~ open up, I have some news!" Tatara knocked on my wooden door. I put on my glasses and blindly navigated myself from my bed to the door in my dark room, only stumbling on the books on my floor once.

"Yeah?" I asked, scowling at the hallway light that stung my eyes.

"We're going out tonight for dinner" Tatara grinned

"Who's 'we'?"

"Oh you know, HOMRA. We all go together remember? Now get your butt ready and hurry down stairs"

"I don't wanna go" I whine

"Too bad, it's a mandatory family dinner. See you down stairs" Tatara chimes before slipping away from my room. I close the door shut and groan out loud before turning on my bedroom light. I walk over to my closet and pick out a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt with a black jacket to go atop. I set out my clothes on my bed and fresh underwear before I start stripping. I didn't bother showering because I know I'll just be back home, in my bed. There's no point.

Once I changed, I combed through my fiery red locks and begging putting my socks and black shoes on. I also didn't bother putting on my contacts nor make up on.

I grabbed my phone and pocketed it before heading down stairs.

When I arrived downstairs, Izumo was polishing a glass and Tatara was with Anna. I say up on one of the bar stools near Izumo.

"Hey kid haven't seen you down here for awhile. Everything ok?" Izumo asked with a caring grin.

"Yeah, just kind of always tired to be honest" I sigh out

"You're turning into your brother" I freeze slightly at the realization before forcing a smile on my face and a fake small laugh

"Yeah" I trail off. We go back into silence as he wipes down the countertop. The only noise coming from Tatara showing Anna how to use the camera to make memories when he can't or something like that. I begging ignoring everyone until mikoto's steps are heard coming down the stairs.

"Ah King you're down now! So does that mean we're ready to go? I'm starving!" Tatara exaggerates

Mikoto makes a noise of acknowledgment at Tatara before his gaze lands on me.

"Didn't think you'd be coming"

"Didn't want to. Tatara said some shit about this being some 'mandatory family dinner" I respond absentmindedly. Mikoto just grunts in response before heading to the door where Anna eagerly joins his side. Izumo taps me on the shoulder as he rounds the bar and head in the same direction as Mikoto. I stand from my sort-of comfortable position on the chair and make my way behind them, Tatara quickly joining my side.

All 5 of us continue our walk to whatever restaurant we're going to dine at with only the sound of Izumo and Tatara talking, occasionally a grunt from Mikoto and a small "hm" from Anna.

After the walk, we finally arrive at a restaurant that serves noodles and grilled meat.

"Ah finally!" Tatara excitedly walks into the restaurant, immediately talking to the hostess about a table big enough for everyone.

After arrangements were done by the staff, she seated us at the large table. Just as the hostess was about to walk back to her station, her eyes meet mine and a curious look appears. She suddenly realizes that she was starring and quietly apologizes before scurrying off.

I roll my eyes before sitting next to Tatara. I look down at my menu while the rest of HOMRA arrive. The rowdy bunch finally all arrive and begin chattering away about who knows what while I sit in silence with myself.

Anna, who was sitting between Mikoto and Tatara, whispers into Tatara's ear before they switched spots, surprising me.
Anna and I have ever been too close. Not that we dislike each other, it's just that in always by myself and she's always not.

"Hi Naomi"

"Hey anna" I try cracking a grin at the small girl.

"Your red is dark and dull. Are you okay?" The mention of my apparent 'red' makes me deflate a bit. Even my aura feels tired.

"I'm fine, just tired. I'm sorry" I apologize

"Why are you apologizing?" She asks curiously

"I don't know. I feel like it's unpleasant for you because the only color you can see is read and my red isn't the prettiest shade"

"It's true, Mikoto has the prettiest red; but when you're yourself, you're red is beautiful as well. It almost feels light and free" I glance curiously at her as she describes what my red used to be for her. I wonder how long my red has been an ugly shade.

"It's been so long since I've seen your real red Naomi. I keep hoping that it'll return but it only seems to be getting darker than lighter" Anna sighs quietly. God this just made me feel worse.

"I'm sorry Anna. I'm hoping it'll be pretty again for you"

"I'm hoping it'll be soon for you too. You'll need it" Anna says before tapping on Tatara's shoulder again and switching spots. The hell did she mean, 'you'll need it'?!

The rest of dinner goes by with me barely eating my noodles. I'd normally be all over them but now I just want to go home.

I sigh and slouch back in my seat, still moving around my noodles.

"Naomi you ok?" Tatara leans over and whispers, concern laced in his voice

"Yeah just not hungry. You can have the rest of my food" I push the bowl slightly in his direction.

"How about we make a deal? You eat half and I eat half? I really need you to eat you haven't eaten all day"

"I guess" I shrug and sit up in my seat again, position my fingers between my chopsticks. I force myself to get the noodles and bring it to my mouth. For some reason ramen just doesn't taste the same anymore.

I continue bringing up the bland ramen and eating bits by bits. Occasionally from the corner of my eye, I either see Tatara with a frown on his face or Anna staring at me.

"Ok Tatara I finished my half" I set my chopsticks down and lean back.

"Thank you Naomi, I'll see if Kusanagi-San or King want some first" he smiles gently before turning the other way and asking the two men for the rest of my ramen.

The meal finishes and we all pay before leaving.

"Ah I'm stuffed" Rikio comments once were all outside

"Same, we should do these dinners more often. It's fun when we're all together" kosuke agrees

We all continue walking around in a group. Or rather they continue walking in a group, I stay behind alone. I just don't feel like being in a group.

All was well and fine as we walked. They were chattering away together while I looked around at the beauty of the city when Suddenly, a hard grip latches onto my arm while another hand smacks across my mouth.

"One sound and you're gone little girl" a gruff voice threatens. Fear gets the best of me and I keep quiet, only nodding. The man takes me to a near by ally where HOMRA is no longer in my sight.

"Who's the little lady?" A man comes out from the shadows of the ally and smirks at me, causing a shudder to go through my body.

"Naomi Suoh. Red kings little sister" my kidnapper responds, violently pushing me further down the ally.

"Damn boss you scored a good one with her" the other man with dirty blonde hair spiked upwards comments

"Exactly. I don't think they would walk around so arrogantly with her in my arms"
He continues to push me down the alleyway until we hastily make a right and go through an old abandoned building before going to the basement of said building.

"Tie her up Ryu, I'm going to go 'talk' with the red clan" the supposed boss says before going back up the stairs, leaving me with this "Ryu" guy

"Alright princess lets get you in some ropes" he grins to himself. He roughly pushes me to a chair and immediately ties me to the chair.

"And for the final touch" he says dramatically, "something to make you quiet" he shows a gag in my mouth and ties it. I instantly gag at the horrid taste and smell shoved into me. I accidentally let out a small whimper, instantly catching Ryu's attention.

"It's alright princess" and leans down and caresses my cheek, making me jerk away.
"If everything goes to plan and if your clan loves you, you'll be out soon. If not, then you and I will get to know each other very well" his stenchy breath emits from his mouth as he chuckles darkly before standing back straight and saying a 'good night' before turning off the basement light and leaving me alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 10.8K 22
You are Suoh (Name), the twin sister of Suoh Tamaki. You've been hosting with your brother and some great friends for years. When a girl, Fujioka Har...
9.4K 322 20
"Oh, you're his sister?" Fushiguro x femreader Gojo Y/n starts as a first year at Tokyo Jujutsu High. She befriends the other firsts years, or tries...
123K 5.9K 17
𝐓𝐎𝐊𝐘𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 ,, 24 / 6 - 24 / 6 ] ! y/n baji is the younger sister of touman's first divison captain keisuke. but is also the...
1.7K 49 11
Entering the fuedal era accidentally or rather being pushed in, your whole life changes faster than you can keep up with. During all these strange oc...