The Shy Wolf

By CosmicStories

I'm a 17-year-old teenager who's been bullied his whole life because of who I am. Nobody gives a shit; not ev... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Eleven

906 34 7
By CosmicStories

I don't care what Astrid says, I'm going to get an answer out of her. I don't care how long it takes. I'm worried ...

"So," I said, crossing my arms over my chest, "what's up? Why did you leave the class?"

Astrid glanced upwards, rubbing her forehead. "I don't know," she snapped, "Mr Lee was pissing me off."

"You're lying Astrid. Come on, tell me the truth."

Astrid heaved a great sigh. "He insulted my brother ... "

"What?" Nobody should ever attempt to insult Astrid's family as it never ended well. Believe me, I should know.

"He insulted my brother Harry. You don't understand. Mr Lee is a bitch." The pain returned. My fists clenched against my sides.

"Did he insult you?" I said, my voice dangerously quiet.

Astrid hesitated. "No, he didn't."

"Astrid ... " I warned.

"It doesn't matter!" Astrid hissed. "I won't ever be going back to that classroom again."

Astrid was right. I would not be going back either. I hated Mr Lee, he had never been nice to me. Always complaining or judging me. To be honest, he shouldn't be a teacher.

My gut started to burn. I clutched at it, desperately trying to stop the pain. I gasped as I fell to the floor.

"Harry?" No, no! Astrid can't be here. I could start to feel my bones shifting positions, very slowly, but painfully.

"Astrid!" I winced. "You need to go. Now."

"Harry, I can't just - "

"GO!" I yelled, a slight growl in my voice. I waited until she was out the room before jumping out the open window. I landed gracefully on my two feet.

As I ran across the field, my bones changed positions and I was soon sprinting on four legs, into a cover of trees.

I stopped, gasping for my breath. Being a wolf wasn't easy. My ears twitched, I could hear a small rodent scurrying around in the bushes.

My lips curled, my teeth gleaming in the sunlight. I resisted the urge to go and run after it. I forced myself to turn away, lying down onto the floor.

I hated this. I had turned into a monster and I already wanted to kill a small innocent animal just to eat it. This sucks. I don't understand why this has happened to me.

Before I changed I didn't even think that this was possible! I mean, changing into a wolf? Are you serious?

I wish I could tell someone, anyone. They'd think I was crazy. Even Astrid. Fair enough, she's my best friend and all, but, she isn't me. She knows exactly who she is, she always has.

But me? I'm still looking ...

My head snapped up as the school bell rang. My eyes squinted, getting use to all the new sounds I had to listen to; students talking, cars honking and birds tweeting.

I sat up on my hind legs as students started pouring out the school. I had to wait at least ten minutes before I saw the girl I was looking for.

Astrid.

She looked doubtful, glancing over her shoulder then continuing to walk. Then I realised, she had grabbed my bag from Mr Lee's class.

My eyes lightened up. My tail wagged. It didn't stop until I stared at it. I guess those were my natural instincts.

I made sure it was clear, sprinting after Astrid. I followed her all the way to the park. Astrid's eyes darted, paused then shifted again before she disappeared round a corner.

I tilted my head, sneaking round the wall. It ended in a dead end. Astrid was frozen, as her eyes widened as big as plates.

I went a bit bug - eyed myself. I didn't know what she was staring at. Astrid gaped at me.

She was looking at me ... I'm a wolf, not a human ... Harry, you're a moron.
I edged forward. Astrid stumbled backwards, our bags dropping to the floor. I went closer and closer until Astrid had backed into the wall.

My head was high. I made eye contact with Astrid. I was the same height as her. I must be a pretty big wolf ...

Astrid wiped the sweat from her brow with a trembling hand, fear from her narrow escape coursing through her veins. Her eyes starred in disbelief.

I sat on my hind legs, my ears pointed upwards and my head high. Astrid blinked owlishly. We stared for what felt like hours. It was only a couple of minutes.

Astrid made a sound of surprise when I got up. I went over to the bags, grabbing them and dropping them at Astrid's feet. She looked up at me cautiously.

I barked softly. Astrid held out her hand, her palm facing me. I hesitated, sniffing the air before resting my forehead against her hand.

Astrid breathed a sigh of relief. "So you're a stray, huh?"

Well, you couldn't call me a stray, but yeah.

I panted slightly. Being a wolf wasn't easy ... I watched as Astrid scrambled to her feet, heaving the two bags over her shoulder.

She stalked off, leaving me in the alley way. My head tilted in confusion before I ran after her. I stopped in front of her.

"Ah!" Astrid exclaimed. "Don't do that." She swerved around me but I merely blocked her path again. "What do you want?"

I rised up to my full height, staring into her electric blue eyes. My tail started wagging. Astrid shook her head, jogging past me. I followed her.

I followed her all the way back to her house, where she stopped at the front door and glared at me.

"You need to go!" Astrid hissed. "You can't stay here! My parents will kill me if they find out!" My head tilted, not because I was confused but that she just related to Steve and Sammy as her parents. She had never done that before ...

I did my best impersonation of a whine, which sounded pretty realistic. I gave Astrid my best 'puppy dog' eyes.

I looked up as thunder clapped overhead and rain started pouring down to the ground. I was soaked to my skin within a couple of minutes.

Astrid huffed, turning to open the door, mumbling, "One night only." My tail wagged even faster as I trotted through the door.

My head turned as I surveyed her house from a different angle. I jumped as the door slammed behind me, the thunder muffled by the house.
Astrid ignored me, proceeding to walk upstairs. She was grumbling to herself as I jumped up after her. I had to act like I didn't know where to go because I did know but she didn't know that.

"This way," Astrid snapped, grabbing the scruff of my neck before I could walk into Ryan's room. My ears twitched as we walked across the hallway. It sounded like he was on the phone to someone.

I stopped dead in my tracks and listened hard, my ears now twitching viciously.

"Yes, OK, OK," Ryan was saying. He was pacing. "But Sir!" He yelled, stopping dead in his tracks. Who was he on the phone to? "You still haven't told him, but why? ... Why does he need time? ... I apologise, I am just confused ... "

Desperate to hear the rest of the conversation, I pulled myself out of Astrid's grip and leapt over to Ryan's door. I did not dare enter. I listened more closely; Ryan had sat down. I heard his hand run over his face.

"OK Sir, I'll see you tomorrow." He hung up.

I missed the last little bit! Whoever he was talking to, obviously wasn't a good person. My wolf kicked in and I started to growl. Astrid grabbed just in time and half- dragged me into her room.

She shoved me over to her bed, then ran to the door and closed it. Astrid was fuming. I could practically see the heat radiating off her. "What is wrong with you?!" She said rather loudly.

Again, acting like a huge, innocent stray, I sat on my hind legs, my head tilted.

"Ugh!" Astrid groaned, chucking mine and her bags onto the bed. They flew over my head, missing me by an inch. Astrid fumbled around her jacket pocket and took out her phone.

After unlocking it, she brought it up to her ear. I heard my bag vibrate. Astrid stared at in disbelief as she went over. She grabbed my bag and I winced as she shook everything out. All my books, pens, my notepad and my phone ...

Wait ... MY NOTEPAD! She can't see that. Oh no, oh no. There's drawings of her in there! She'd get so pissed if she found out I was drawing her!

My eyes widened as she leaned to grab it. I leaped over, snatching it out of her hand. Astrid stared at me.

"Hey, give that back!" Astrid started to chase me around the room. I knocked things over on purpose. Whatever I did, I could not let her have this notepad.

I crouched and jumped to the side as she made a grab for me. Then I saw the window ... it was open ... I ran towards it. Astrid saw and sprinted after me.

Astrid's arms locked around my neck as I tossed my head, opening my mouth. The notepad flew out the window, landing in a patch of mud, the rain already starting to ruin it.

Astrid groaned irritability. "Great ... now I owe Harry a new notepad ... "

Astrid, once again stormed off. I watched as my favourite drawing of her got ripped to shreds ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

729 45 12
Following a young woman (Y/n) who fled from her home village at a very young age, winding up on a remote island away from most civilization. Where sh...
1K 21 17
You the reader is Astrid's little sister you are one year apart Astrid is 15 and you are 14 and and hiccup is 15. And you are friends with hiccup fro...
3.6K 33 14
Hiccup is a child living on berk, he is bullied abused and made a laughing stock by everyone including his father. The only person who didnt bully hi...
72.2K 2.4K 24
Updated to Chapter 3: One Song It's been four years since I left high school. I'm in college now hoping to become a P.E. and music teacher in Berk, t...