supernova (11th doctor)

By astra0

"Rule one: The Doctor lies to everyone, except Nova. Rule two: Nova tells the truth to everyone, except the D... More

Area 51
The Eleventh Hour (pt 1)
The Eleventh Hour (pt 2)
The Eleventh Hour (pt 3)
The Beast Below (pt 1)
The Beast Below (pt 2) / Area 51 (pt 2)
The Beast Below (pt 3) / Area 51 (pt 3)
Victory of the Daleks (pt 1)
Victory of the Daleks (pt 2)
Victory of the Daleks (pt 3)
Time of Angels (pt 1)
Time of Angels (pt 2)
Time of Angels (pt 3)
Flesh and Stone (pt 2)
Flesh and Stone (pt 3)
Vampires in Venice (pt 1) / Tests (pt 1)
Vampires in Venice (pt 2)
Vampires in Venice (pt 3)
Amy's Choice (pt 1)
Amy's Choice (pt 2)
Amy's Choice (pt 3)
The Hungry Earth (pt 1) / Tests (pt 2)
The Hungry Earth (part 2) / Tests (part 3)
The Hungry Earth (pt 3) / Cold Blood (pt 1)
Cold Blood (pt 2)
Cold Blood (pt 3)
Case
The Lodger (pt 1) / Court (pt 1)
The Lodger (pt 2) / Court (pt 2)
The Lodger (pt 3)
The Pandorica Opens (pt 1)
The Pandorica Opens (pt 2)
The Pandorica Opens (pt 3)
The Big Bang (pt 1) / Court (pt 3)
The Big Bang (pt 2)
The Big Bang (pt 3)
A Christmas Carol (pt 1) / Trial (pt 1)
A Christmas Carol (pt 2)
A Christmas Carol (pt 3)
book 2 now available

Flesh and Stone (pt 1)

10.6K 436 328
By astra0

When I opened my eyes again, there was a throbbing in my head. I looked around to see everyone was crouched down, recovering from whatever happened after the jump, except for the Doctor. "Up! Look up!" He instructed us, but I had no idea why, too busy trying to snap out of my daze.

"You okay?" River asked Amy and I.

I nodded and stood, looking up, realizing that it looked like everything had flipped, like gravity went backwards... and now I understood how a gravity globe worked.

Amy winced and held a hand to her head. "What happened?"

"We jumped," River stated, helping the rest of the team recover.

"Jumped where?"

The Doctor was moving around now, still rambling. "Up, up! Look up!"

"Well, basically, I think we jumped... up," I tried, observing my surroundings, trying to piece everything I knew about physics and gravity together in my head.

Amy furrowed her brows. "No we didn't."

The Doctor moved Amy a little out of the way as he knelt down and began using his sonic on an indent in the floor. "Move your feet."

Amy didn't really mind and kept scanning the area confusedly. "Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain."

I kept looking up and jumping in place, still not completely getting it. "Oh my god, physics is broken."

The Doctor stood up between Amy and I. "Nope, not broken, just artificial. The ship crashed with the artificial gravity still on. One good jump," he jumped himself as if in demonstration, "and up we fell. Shot out the grav-globe to give us an updraft, and here we are!"

The Doctor went back to using his sonic on the floor, and I followed him, crouching across from him. "So does the... grav globe, act like a, centrifugal force?"

"No, it's−" he paused and looked up at me, "Yes actually. How did you know that?"

I smiled, looking down at the circular door he just opened with his sonic. "It's like what they're trying to do in space. I keep telling them," I swung my legs over and fell into the ship door, landing upright on my feet, even though it didn't look that way from the top, smiling to myself in excitement. "Newtonian mechanics."

I looked around in the corridor as the Doctor jumped in behind me, and Amy and River peered over the hole. "Doctor!" Amy called, while River called for me instead.

"It's just a corridor. The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you-- don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move!" The Doctor used his sonic on a keypad to the side as one by one everyone piled into the corridor.

"Okay, men, go, go, go!" Octavian ordered, catching up to the Doctor. "The Angels, presumably they can jump up too?"

When everyone was inside, the door closed, and the Doctor removed his sonic from the keypad. "They're here. Now. In the dark, we're finished. Run!"

He ran for a large door behind him, but that one closed too, blocking our only escape. Lights were flickering, alarms were blaring, and tension was high. "This whole place is a death trap," Octavian yelled, but it sounded more like an observation than a complaint.

The Doctor turned his back to the escape door, all of us surrounding him as he tried to think of a way out. "No, it's a time bomb. Well, it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic," A clattering was heard through the door we entered from, which we all knew to be the angels trying to get in. The Doctor's eyes widened at the sound. "Oh, just me then. What's through there?"

"Secondary flight deck," River responded, not taking her eyes off the exterior door the angels were trying to break in through.

Amy was breathing hard, trying her best not to panic. "Okay. So we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity fails?"

"Let's not think about that," I tried.

The Doctor nodded, figuring Amy would keep pestering him for an answer. "I've thought about that."

"And?" She prodded.

"And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See, I've thought about it." He continued to try at the locked door, but nothing worked. "The security protocols are still live. There's no way to override them, it's impossible."

"How impossible?" River asked sternly, concentrating on some wires against the wall.

"Two minutes."

"Well, that's not completely impossible..." I tried. At least there was some time, but as soon as I spoke the words, the hum of the engine powered down, the way we came through re-opened, and the cavern above could be seen.

"The hull is breached and the power's failing," Father Octavian observed, and right on cue, the lights went off for just a second, but every second counted. When they turned on again, the arm of angel could be seen at the opening.

"Sir! Incoming!" A cleric warned us, as if it wasn't obvious.

The lights kept flickering, and none of us really knew what to do about it. Even the one person who might actually know seemed lost. "Doctor! Lights!" Amy panicked, while all the lights blacked out. Only a small blue hue filling the corridor from a few lights on the ground could be seen, but even then, we could barely see each other's faces in the darkness.

"River, Nova..." The Doctor said slowly, and I realized the whole team was staring at us while River was looking down, almost in regret.

"What?" I asked. They were all staring at us with slight awe and fear, and I had no idea why. When I asked for an explanation, I didn't know what I was expecting. But it definitely wasn't for the Doctor to cautiously step closer, and reach to me for a lock of my hair.

I looked to Amy with a slight glare that she didn't understand yet. Even if it... didn't happen yet, she was the first one to be so taken with my hair, and I still had no idea why, until the Doctor picked a few strands. I squinted at them and took them from him, and looked through all the strands in my hair, noticing that just a few of them were glowing faintly. I turned to look at River, hoping for an explanation, when I noticed that a few strands of her hair were glowing too. It was a subtle glow, so subtle it might not even be that strange, but of course—it was still a glow. With a few of River's curls faintly giving light, I noticed her swallow hard when I gave her a questioning look, and wondered again if she was really honest about being my best friend. 

I couldn't help but think that she was hiding something, something that had to do with me.

The lights came on again, and a group of angels were in the hall with us now, paused in a yelling position with arms reaching out to get us.

"Clerics, keep watching them," Octavian ordered his men.

"And don't look at their eyes. Anywhere else. Not the eyes. I've isolated the lighting grid. They can't drain the power now."

"Good work, Doctor."

The Doctor turned around this time. "Yes. Good. Good in many ways, good you like it so far..."

"So far?" Amy questioned, with a hint of worry in her voice.

The Doctor opened a small hatch of wires on the wall opposite River and began working on them. "Well, there's only one way to open this door. I guess I'll need to route all the power in this section through the door control."

"All the power?" I fidgeted, not at all liking where this was going.

Octavian obviously didn't really care at this point, and only wanted to make it out alive, not taking his eyes off the door as he responded. "Good, fine, do it."

The Doctor walked closer to the angels in front of us. "Including the lights. All of them. I'll need to turn out the lights."

River turned her head with a worry in her face, and so did Amy, but they both knew it was justified. It was the only way out, and Octavian figured it too. "How long for?"

"Fraction of a second, maybe longer. Maybe quite a bit longer."

"Maybe?"

"I'm guessing. We're being attacked by statues in a crashed ship, there isn't a manual for this!" The Doctor ran back to sonic the door.

Amy stood unmoving, glaring at him hard. "Doctor, we lost the torches. We'll be in total darkness."

"Well, there's the glow-y hair," I tried, hating how I felt so helpless in the situation.

The Doctor finished with the door and turned to Amy. "No other way!" He explained frantically, before turning to Octavian. "Bishop?"

Octavian only shook his head and approached River who was leaning against the wires. "Dr. Song, I've lost good Clerics today. You trust this man?" His tone was almost condescending, but he was helpless, and the Doctor seemed to be the only one who might know a way out.

The Doctor approached them, giving River a calculated look, curious about her response. River looked at Father Octavian sternly, almost seeming afraid to look anywhere else. "I absolutely trust him."

"He's not some kind of madman then?"

There was a slight pause before she responded, "I absolutely trust him."

The Doctor grinned at her, patting her shoulder and turning to the door again. "Excuse me."

Amy went back with him, but I stood right where I was. Maybe whatever Octavian said could give me a clue about my future. About who I was, or... will be.

"I'm taking your word, because you're the only one who can manage this guy on our team. But that only works so long as he doesn't know who you are, and the girl doesn't know who she is. You cost me any more men, and I might just tell him both. Understood?"

River nodded. "Understood."

Bishop sighed. "Okay Doctor, we've got your back." He must have noticed the cautious look I was giving him, because he smiled and pat my shoulder, but I only flinched. What is it that I become?

"Bless you, Bishop," The Doctor responded from the escape door. I joined them again, hoping I could help somehow. He asked Amy and I to press a few buttons and such while Octavian continued to give orders to his men.

"Amy, Nova, when the lights go down, the wheel should release. Spin it clockwise, four turns." The Doctor instructed us, going back to the panel of wires.

I nodded. "Ten."

"No, four, four turns," the Doctor corrected me, but I didn't know why.

I nodded again, "Yeah, okay," I responded nervously.

"Ready!" The Doctor shouted, placing his sonic in the circuit.

Octavian nodded. "On my count then. God be with us all. Three... two...one."

The lights went out. 

"Fire!"

The clerics opened fire on the angels, the flashes of light they were making showing they were slowly advancing, closer and closer to us. Amy and I began turning the huge wheel while the Doctor and River did whatever it is they were doing with the wires.

"Doctor, quickly!" River rushed.

"It's opening, it's working!" Amy shouted, getting the door open enough for her, River, and I to slip through.

"Fall back!" Octavian ordered, and one by one the clerics moved through the doorway that seemed to orderly for chaos followed by Octavian and the Doctor. In the hallway, the Doctor soniced another panel, opening another doorway that led to what looked to be the ship's control room.

Amy, River and I rushed behind him to the panel. "Doctor!" Amy shouted, noticing that the angels were turning the wheel on the supposedly locked door, but Octavian attached a small device to the door that stopped it.

I turned my head and walked closer to the door, trying to look at the device. "What's that?"

Octavian seemed proud and assured. "Magnetizes the door. Nothing could turn that wheel now."

The Doctor raised his eyebrows, continuing to type on the screen in front of him. "Yeah?"

The wheel slowly began to turn again, and I jumped back. It appeared that they were struggling to get it open, but nonetheless, they were still getting it open.

"Dear God!" Octavian gasped.

"Ah, now you're getting it!" The Doctor fiddled around with the control board, pulling wires here and there. "You've bought us time though, that's good. I am good with time."

Another door wheel started spinning, causing another worried 'Doctor!' from Amy. "Seal that door. Seal it now!" Octavian ordered, and his men put the devices on the doors again, then stood in position with their guns aimed at it.

"Doctor, how long have we got?" Octavian asked.

I ran back to the Doctor's side, trying to make sense of what he was doing. "Five minutes, max," he guessed.

"Nine," I said, in a voice that was eerily calm, nearly sounding automated.

The Doctor turned to me sharply. "Five," he repeated.

"Uh, yeah, five," I assured him.

"Why'd you say nine?" he asked me, looking at me worriedly now.

There was no denying it now, the angel in my soul was really there, but I truly didn't remember saying nine. "I... didn't say nine."

"Yes you did, I heard you," Amy confirmed.

I shook my head. "No I didn't."

"We need another way out of here," River interrupted, looking around at the slowly moving doors.

"There isn't one." Octavian responded bitterly.

"Yeah, there is, course there is. This is a galaxy class ship, goes for years between planet-falls. So," The Doctor snapped. "What do they need?"

River turned to him sharply, gasping. "Of course!"

"Of course what? What do they need?" Amy asked, not catching on.

I leaned over to her. "I think they need air?" I tried, but she gave me the strangest look, so I turned away.

"Can we get in there?" Octavian asked. Apparently he understood what was going on too.

The Doctor turned to face the wall behind him. "Well, it's a sealed unit, but they must have installed it somehow..." he pressed against the wall. "This whole wall should slide up. There's clamps. Release the clamps!" He rolled some equipment that was blocking the wall out of the way and used his sonic on some parts built into it.

Amy was still staring at the wall confusedly, trying to figure it out. "What's through there? What do they need?"

"They need to breathe," River responded, and Amy turned to me, giving me another look again with a surprised 'huh'.

The Doctor stood back as the metal wall he was working on slowly rose up, revealing a natural-looking scenery of hundreds of trees and dirt.

Amy was shocked, stepping closer. "But that's... It's a..."

"It's an oxygen factory," River finished for her, but Amy wanted to come to her own conclusions.

"It's a forest."

"Yeah, it's a forest, it's an oxygen factory," River tried explaining.

"And, if we're lucky, an escape route." The Doctor reminded us.

I blinked, in awe. No matter what technical name River gave it, it was still a forest in a spaceship. "Wow," I took a deep breath. "Eight."

"What did you say?" River asked me.

"Wow?" I responded, kind of in question.

I turned to Amy, but she only shrugged. The Doctor clapped his hands together. "Is there another exit? Scan the architecture, we don't have time to get lost in there."

"On it!" Octavian called, stepping into the forest. "Stay where you are until I've checked the Rad levels."

"But trees! On a spaceship?" Amy asked the Doctor.

I laughed. "Oxygen. I can't believe it!"

The Doctor smiled. "Oh, more than trees, way better than trees, not just oxygen. You're going to love this." The Doctor stepped into the forest and walked up to a tree, pulling a piece of bark open to reveal circuits inside. "Tree Borgs. Trees, plus technology. Branches become cables, become sensors on the hull. A forest sucking in starlight, breathing out air. It even rains. There's a whole mini-climate. It is an eco-pod running through the heart of the ship," The Doctor jumped back to us with a grin on his face. "A forest in a bottle, on a space ship, in a maze. Have I impressed you girls yet?"

Amy chuckled, and I did too. 

"Seven."

"Seven?" The Doctor asked me, joining us back in the flight deck, standing only a few inches away from me.

"What?" I asked, hoping it didn't sound too terrified. I had to keep telling myself that this was for Amy, and there was no way back. I also kept telling myself that maybe if I ignored the whole thing it would go away.

"You said seven," the Doctor observed, studying my face closely.

I stepped back a little under his intense gaze, not really sure if I wanted him to see what was in my eyes. "I didn't say seven," I denied stubbornly.

The Doctor was still studying me with a new wonder and a slight protectiveness, but River was eyeing me as if this had happened before. She was looking at me with her arms crossed, as if she knew that whatever happened, it was because of me. "Yes, you did,"

I shook my head, and then Amy was looking at me suspiciously. "You did, though."

"I didn't, okay? I don't remember saying anything. I didn't say anything," I defended, hugging myself almost in recoil, feeling everyone's eyes on me. I turned back to the forest at the sound of Father Octavian's voice.

"Doctor! There's an exit, far end of the ship, into the Primary Flight Deck," he called to us, from somewhere inside the forest.

The Doctor turned for just a second, "Good, that's where we need to go," he approved, before staring back at me. Instinctively, I leaned back.

"Plotting a safe path," Octavian informed us, but the Doctor still refused to look away from me.

"Quick as you like," he called back to him, still trying to read my eyes, until his radio whirred.

"Doctor? Excuse me. Hello, Doctor? Angel Bob here, sir."

The Doctor pulled out the radio from his pocket and moved to sit in the command chair. "Ah. there you are, Angel Bob. How's life? Sorry, bad subject..."

"The Angels are wondering what you hope to achieve."

"Achieve? We're not achieving anything. We're just hanging. It's nice in here, consoles, comfy chairs, a forest. How's things with you?" The Doctor joked, but his tone didn't sound playful.

Everyone was silent when the angel replied. "The Angels are feasting, sir. Soon we will be able to absorb enough power to consume this vessel, this world, and all the stars and worlds beyond."

"Well, we have comfy chairs, did I mention?" The Doctor replied quickly.

"We have no need of comfy chairs." The Angel replied.

The Doctor looked back to Amy and I, "I made him say 'comfy chairs',"

Amy laughed, and I smiled. 

"Six."

The Doctor stood quickly, speaking back to the angel. "Okay, well, enough chat. Here's what I want to know: what have you done to Nova?"

"There is something in her eye."

I took a deep breath and looked around the room, trying to look for a reflective surface to see if there was anything. I found a small, triangular-shaped button that had a mirror on it on the console and leaned down to try to look in my eye.

"What's in her eye?" The Doctor asked from behind me.

As I finally got my eye in the small triangle shape, I jumped back as soon as I noticed a grey figure reflected all across my brown iris. I knew the angel wasn't lying when he responded, "We are."

I pushed myself off the console. "He's... he's not lying."

"What did you do, Nova?" River asked me calmly, but I could tell there was something else brewing underneath.

I shook my head. "I don't know," I lied, and the look River gave me told me she knew just as much. "Five."

Amy narrowed her eyes at me, gears turning in her head. "She's counting down. Why are you counting down?"

"I don't know," the Doctor shook his head, staring into my eyes again.

"Well, counting down to what?" Amy asked. I looked down, knowing what it was, trying to control my breathing. The Doctor brought his hand to my face, slowly lifting it to face him, making me look him in the eye again.

"I don't know," he spoke again, softly this time.

The radio screeched. "We shall take her. We shall take all of you. We shall have dominion over all time and space."

The Doctor turned away from me and sat in the chair again, pulling out the radio. "Get a life, Bob. Oops, sorry again. There's power on this ship, but nowhere near that much."

The radio crackled. "With respect, sir, there is more power on this ship than you yet understand."

As if right on cue, a loud noise that sounded like something between a woman screeching and nails raking across a chalkboard filled the room, and maybe even the entire ship. River turned her head back and forth, trying to figure out where it was coming from. "Dear God, what is it?"

The sound of stone crumbling ended the screams, but Father Octavian didn't dare put his weapon down. "They're back."

The radio sounded again. "It's hard to put in your terms, Dr. Song, but as best I understand it, the Angels are laughing."

The Doctor leaned forward, and slowly brought the radio close to his lips. "Laughing?"

"Because you haven't noticed yet. The Doctor in the TARDIS hasn't noticed," the angel over the radio taunted.

"Doctor!" Octavian shouted, noticing the Doctor rising up from his chair slowly, fearing he might do something rash.

The Doctor continued to rise, recalling, feeling something behind him, while I remembered something I almost forgot. "No, wait, there's something...I've..." The Doctor turned around to see the crack in the wall from Amy's room, the one that seemed to be following him everywhere. "Missed."

The Doctor ran around the console to get a closer look at the wall, looking surprised. 

Amy followed him. "That's... That's like the crack from my bedroom wall from when I was a little girl."

"Yes."

Soon enough the room started shaking, rumbling, and all of us struggled to keep hold. "OK, enough, we're moving out!" Octavian ordered.

I followed River as she approached Amy, the Doctor hurrying to the crack in the wall. "Agreed. Doctor?"

"Yeah, fine!" He called back, reaching up, using his sonic on the crack.

"What are you doing?"

"Right with you!"

"We're not leaving without you!"

"Oh, yes you are. Bishop?"

Father Octavian called to us from the forest. "Miss Pond, Miss Nova, Dr. Song, now!"

Before I could complain, River was already grabbing Amy and I and dragging us towards the forest and away from the crumbling room that was about to be attacked, with more force than I expected. Even though I wasn't that strong in the first place, I would normally put up a fight, but something felt off. Something in my head felt... cloudy, and before I knew it I was trudging along behind Amy and River through the forest, the Doctor still behind.

As the clouding in my head became more intense, a pain rushed through my brain along with it. I moved slower, feeling dizzy, trying to force my eyes to stay on Amy's red hair in front of me. When she turned, whatever focus and control I had left over my pain went away, and I felt it even worse. I tried not to show it, but she seemed to notice. "Nova? You okay?"

I wanted to respond, to tell her I was doing fine, but I was too focused on trying not to sway. River turned also. "Nova?" She gripped my arms, "Nova, what's wrong?"

"Four," I said numbly, and for the first time, I realized I said it. I put my hands up to my head, wanting to lie down, knowing I couldn't deny it anymore. It was happening. I swayed a little towards River and stumbled. I slowly crouched down curled up on a moss-covered rock, not comprehending whether I did it myself.

"Med-scanner, now!" River called, and moments later I felt her move something around my arm.

"Dr. Song, we can't stay here, we've got to keep moving," I heard Octavian reply.

"We wait for the Doctor," she replied stubbornly.

"Our mission is to make this wreckage safe and neutralize the Angels. Until that is achieved..."

"Father Octavian, when the Doctor is in the room, your only mission is to keep him alive long enough to get everyone else home, which includes keeping Nova alive, or else he'll never forgive any of us and I'll never forgive myself, and no one will work with you. And trust me. It's not easy. Now, if he's dead back there, I'll never forgive myself, and if he's alive, I'll never forgive him. And, Doctor, you're standing right behind me, aren't you?"

I felt something between relief and excitement at the sound of his voice. "Oh, yeah."

"I hate you!"

"You don't. Bishop, the Angels are in the forest," the Doctor called, as I felt him touch my arm on my other side, River behind me.

I heard Bishop call to his men. "We need visual contact on every line of approach."

"How did you get past them?" River asked the Doctor.

"Found a crack in the wall and told them it was the end of the universe."

My vision became less clouded, and I was able to see Amy crouch by the Doctor. "What was it?"

"The end of the universe," The Doctor picked up a med scanner. "Let's have a look then."

"What's happening?" I asked, almost afraid of saying anything else.

I felt River rub my arm. "Nothing. You're fine."

"Don't lie to me. I can regenerate anyway, right?" I asked.

I was able to move my eyes up slowly to see the Doctor furrowing his eyebrows at the scanner. "I'm sorry, Nova. This doesn't look like it. Eye. Something's in your eye. What does that mean? Doesn't mean anything," he rambled, standing up and pacing.

"Doctor," I said.

"Busy."

"Doctor, look at me."

The Doctor turned back to me slowly and crouched down, not saying anything, so I continued. I couldn't think straight, my mind hurt, and I knew why. I had to try to speed up his thinking process. Granted, it was probably faster than everyone else's thinking processes, but I already knew the answers. "Look in my eye."

"The image of an angel is an angel," Amy remembered, trying to help.

"Right, so a living image in a human mind. We stare at them to stop them getting closer, we don't even blink and that's exactly what they want, cos as long as our eyes are open, they can climb inside. There's an Angel in her mind," the Doctor cut himself off, coverimg his mouth with his hands almost in horror. Even though I couldn't find the strength to look up at him again, I knew the look he was giving me was a worried one.

I chose to do this myself. I had to remember that I was saving Amy, and that was a good thing, after letting the daleks go. I knew I had to close my eyes, but I didn't want to. "Oh god. Three."

"Doctor, she's going to die!" I heard Amy panic.

"Please just shut up, I'm thinking. Now counting, what's that about?" I heard some crackling and felt a lack of warmth in front of me, and thought I saw the blurry figure of the Doctor moving away from in front of me with his radio a few feet away. "Bob, why are they making her count?"

"To make her afraid, sir." I heard the angel reply from a distance. I thought about the fear I had. Before, when I was counting down, I was slightly afraid, but I felt assured in the fact that the Doctor and River and Amy were there, along with a team of soldiers. I wasn't afraid of the countdown.

Now that everything really did hurt, and I couldn't see straight, it felt real, but it still felt like a game. Like I was playing a dangerous game with the universe, seeing how much I could defy its original plans—how much I could change, how much I could save. Crouched down, eyes almost squinting shut, waves of pain washing over me—I feared that the universe was winning.

"Okay, but why? What for?"

"For fun, sir."

The Doctor growled in frustration and threw the radio, and the area went silent except for the beeping of the scanner still attached to me. I knew everyone was staring at him.

"Doctor," I called weakly, but I wasn't really sure why. I didn't need an explanation, I already knew what was going on. There was just something about him being near me that made me feel more comfortable, or more... safe.

The Doctor came over and knelt by me, and Amy moved closer to him. "Doctor, what's going on?"

"Inside her head, in the vision centers of her brain, there's an Angel. It's like there's a screen, a virtual screen inside her mind, and the Angel is climbing out of it, and it's coming..." The Doctor paused, "to shut her off."

"So then, we turn off the screen," I recommended, trying to make sense of it all, and trying to remember what Amy did before. It's a little bit harder in this state.

The Doctor stood again, "Right. If it was a real screen, what would we do, we'd pull the plug. But we can't just knock her out, the Angel would take over!"

"Then what? Quickly!" River rushed.

"We've got to shut down the vision centers of her brain. We've got to pull the plug, starve the Angel."

I heard beeping come from the scanner that River was messing with. "Doctor, she's got seconds!"

"How would you starve your lungs?" The Doctor asked.

"Stop breathing," I replied, finally knowing and remembering what was coming next.

"Nova, close your eyes!"

Something inside of me twisted in fear at the thought, and another wave of pain came over me. "No," I moaned. "I can't. I don't want to, I really, really don't..."

"Good, because that's not you, that's the Angel inside you, it's afraid! Do it! Close your eyes!" The Doctor kneeled beside me, and I found the strength to look up at him again. He was looking at me with sincerity and worry, and nodded at me. It was a small gesture, but it signaled that I would be okay. 

I took one last look at him and tried to commit it to memory, a small fear lingering in the back of my mind that I may never be able to ever again. I realized I wasn't afraid of the universe winning. I was afraid of the fact that with all these secrets around me, River being my friend, Bishop knowing me, my hair glowing... I had no idea what I was getting into.

Then, hesitantly, I did it. I closed my eyes.

A/N: Nova is in some real trouble now, and all her feelings and all the secrets she doesn't know are mixed up in between. It's crazy, but it's pretty fun. I am SO EXCITED just for you guys to read this. Just wait for it.

When I get another comment I will upload the next chapter :) I already have it in drafts! Thank you all so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 41 5
Alcyone Hart has spent all her life studying stars and planets and galaxies, believing there's more than meets the eye. She wouldn't call herself a t...
42 0 10
Everyone avoids chaos. Everyone runs from it. Me? I find peace. I shut off everything and everyone. Especially when its been years since the invas...
81.3K 2.7K 48
Mary Perdita didn't know a thing about herself. That's not just seem deep metaphorical phrase, she really didn't. Mary Perdita is just a name that sh...
57 11 15
For Nova there are too many questions that need to be answered. She tries to find the truth about who she is, but also wants to understand the world...