Detached

By divine123

Between not doing school work and having a verbally abusive mother that changes like the wind, why even look... More

Detached
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 2

126 8 3
By divine123

Chapter 2

Once Avery saw me I tried to shield myself from their vision with my binder only to fail in my attempt. Avery ran over to me and pulled my wrist, leading me towards Cole. “Luna you’re such a weirdo.” She said pulling my binder down to see my scowling face. Smiling Avery looked to Cole. “Cole this is my best friend Luna, Luna this is my old friend Cole.” Her eyes sparkled that stupid way they always did.

I frowned at her then looked back to Cole who was smiling, I rolled my eyes. “I know, we’ve met.”

That only made his smile wider. “Yeah Avery she owes me a pencil, did you know she really sucks at math?” Avery chuckled.

My mouth dropped although I knew it was true. “Whatever, I have a class to get to, check you later Avery.” I waved walking away speedily.

She said by while Cole caught up to me. He’s one persistent guy. “What class do you have?”

I snuck a glance at him. “P.E.” I mumbled.

He looked at his schedule then clicked his tongue. “With Mr.Henderson?” He asked as if he was seriously interested.

I looked to him confused as we walked down the poorly lit hallway. “How’d you-” He cut me off with that annoying smirk of his.

“I have him too.” He laughed and I shook my head.

I groaned and sped off in the direction of the girls locker room, I stood behind the door happy to be away from him. “Hello ladies.” I smiled as everyone was getting dressed. I walked to my locker as they either glared or smile at me. Opening my locker I felt something drip on my head, looking up I was then drenched in ice cold water. It still had ice in it, it made me shiver, shuddering I looked at my clothes in my locker... They were ripped to shreds. Gritting my teeth I walked out into an opened area where all the girls either laughed or gasped. wiping my eyes I looked to the person that I knew was the culprit.

“What the hell Fiona.” I hissed looking at her and her posse. Blonde hair and blue eyes, that pretty much described them. But what kind of freaking name is Fiona?

She smirked. “Are you talking to me, freak?” She growled looking at me disgusted.

My fingers twitched at my side when she said the word ‘freak’. I looked at her with a smirk. “The only freak here is you, looking like you just came out of Barbie’s Malibu dream house. So Barbie, where’s Kinny? Oh I know, he’s hanging himself because he doesn’t want to look at your ugly possessive butt every day.” Although my teeth chattered my words came out tough.

Her eyebrow arched. “At least I don’t look like a wet dog.” She stepped to me.

I let out a laugh. “Oh, oh really? Wet dog, that’s all you got? You should be glad I’m not kicking your butt all over this floor, you know like last time?” I gave her a daring smirk.

She clenched her jaw and was about to speak but the female teacher came in to check on both classes. “Ladies, ladies, move aside. Oh my gosh Luna what happened to you?”

I looked to Barbie with a glare. “This idiot put a bucket of water with ice in my locker. And shredded my P.E. clothes.” I growled.

The teacher looked to Fiona surprised. “Is that true Miss.Blue?” Like I said before what the hell kind of a name is Fiona.... And the last name Blue? Seriously?

I shook as Fiona looked to the teacher, puppy dog eyes. “Of course not Mrs.”

I scoffed. “Barbie’s lying, I’ll show you.” I stomped to my locker trying not to slip. But I swear I almost did when I didn’t see the bucket or the shredded clothes. My locker was squeaky clean and my clothes were in tact. I cracked my knuckles as I looked at Barbie.

The teacher told everyone but Fiona and I to leave, she investigated and didn’t find anything. “Luna, I’m sorry but I don’t see anything. And nothing can happen without proof.” Sorry green eyes locked on mine.

I pulled on my shirt as Barbie smirked. “What about this, this is proof enough.” I said and she shook her head starting to leave.

She stopped. “Get dressed, we’re outside today.” She left.

Fiona laughed. “Fiona: one, Trick: Zero.” Then she exited the locker room.

I rolled my eyes and got dressed, I was happy to see my underclothes weren’t really affected by the water and ice. I quickly put on my clothes which were of course basketball shorts and a school shirt and changed shoes ready for a run, to blow off some steam.

By the time I got into the gym everybody was gone, so I jogged to the football field, all the way around the school. I was panting when I got close to the track. I smiled brightly when I got to the track, I looked around and girls including Barbie and her posse were either painting their nails or on the phone. While the guys were playing football, basketball or soccer.

I caught a glimpse of Cole, he was playing football but I ended up shrugging it off and slipping in my earphones turning up the music. I started off jogging while humming to the music, I wasn’t even really focused. So when Cole popped up and snatched my Mp3 from me I was surprised.

He smiled. “What kind of music are you listening to Luna.” He put the earbuds in his ears and then yanked them right back out. “I think I just went death!” He yelled pulling on his ears.

I tried to get it back but he sidesteps me. I turned back around and chased after him as he ran with it in the air. After a few minutes it got annoying. “Would you just give it back already, I haven’t even started my run yet.”

He placed a finger on his chin then looked down at me with a thoughtful smirk. “You’re a runner?” He assumed and I nodded, “Well how about I race you for it?”

I thought about it and shrugged. “Fine, you’re on.... Two laps around?” I walked to the starting point of the track. He nodded and told one of the guys to watch us, I got in my starting position and he got down all the same.

They counted down as he looked at me with a smirk. “You’re going to miss your Mp3 when I kick your--”

“Go!” Somebody shouted and we took off, this dude was like a freakin' bullet... Okay so maybe I underestimated him, I laughing and shook my head. I started off slow so I could have something to push off of once I got on the second lap.

We both lapped around once and then I started to speed up, I pumped my arms and breathed through my nose as we both neared the end. Speeding up I started to pass him but as I did he caught up. Where does he get all this gas from, I mean the way he started off he should be slowing down by now. I pulled through continuing to pump my arms and take it in long strides, but just as we were both about to cross the finishing line something long and colorful caught my legs. As it tangled itself around my calves I tripped and rolled landing upward in a tangled mess. Everyone laughing and of course the first person to speak was Barbie. “Luna, looks like you need to watch where you're going.”

Propping myself up on my elbows I noticed Cole glaring at Barbie... Well at least we don’t like the same person. Getting down on his knees he helped me untangle the jump rope from my legs. Grabbing my arm he pulled me up and smiled. “You did good, had me thinking you would have won.” He looked all over my body. “You hurt anywhere?”

I scoffed. “Yeah but I didn’t because of Barbie over there.” I threw a thumb at her. “Nah, I’m good.”

He nodded. “Well, I’m still going to give you your Mp3 back.” He handed it over with earphones in tact.

My eyebrows furrowed. “But you won.” What am I saying just take it and run!

He shook his head. “Not officially.” Everybody started booing him. He put it in my hands and I shrugged and put it in my pocket. “But we should do it again sometime, you know when everybody’s not around.”

The guys make kissy faces and acted like they were making out with somebody. I laughed and Cole rolled his eyes. The girls on the other hand scoffed and walked off. At the moment I didn’t feel like running so I ended up sitting on the fake grass basking in the sunlight.

It was nice and warm, something to warm up my still chilled bones. Even though it happened only like what thirty minutes ago I still felt cold. Changing the song I looked up at the sky, I saw a couple of weird things in the puffy white things they call clouds.     

I closed my eyes for a few minutes but when something blocked the nice sunlight from my body I felt cold. “Whoever’s in my way is going to get hit in three, two, one.” When they didn’t move I looked up to see Bitch Barbie and Thing One and Thing Two at her side. I sighed. “What do you want Orger?” I asked annoyed, smirking at myself.

Thing One and Thing Two laughed and Bitch Barbie glared at them. They quickly shut their trap then Fiona looked back at me. “Well don’t you look lonely, laying over here without any friends.” I closed my eyes again.

I sighed. “I have friends they’re just not in this class.”

Fiona scoffed. “You mean, a friend... as in one, uno.... Well I guess you couldn’t call Avery your friend since you're really just a charity case.” I opened one eye looking at her.

“You don’t want to mess with me Plastic.” I closed it again smirking as I felt the warmth again. “You’re going to get your butt kicked.”

Fiona laughed. “You wouldn’t lay a finger on me.” I opened both of my eyes making sure if she was ready to test that theory. “Then you’d be expelled and you won’t be on the track team anymore.”

I blinked at her. “Are you serious?” I laughed. “Idiot, I can run anywhere I want to run... I don’t need the track team to run stupid.”

She flipped that stupid hair of hers. “Fine if that’s what you think.” I rolled my eyes as she walked away. Man I hope that’ll be my last encounter with her because she is very annoying.... And stupid... And just ugh... Barbie!

I shook my head and closed my eyes again then put my earphones back in my ears. Humming to the music minding my own business I basked in the warm sunlight then just as I was getting to my favorite part of my song the earphones were pulled out of my ear. I grit my teeth not bothering to open my eyes. “I have a pencil in my pocket.... If I move real quickly I could stab you and give you led poisoning and you’ll know to never stop my music again.”

“Ohh somebody’s touchy today.” That familiar voice that I knew from second grade, Seth Jones. I could hear the fake grass crunch as he sat beside me. “Mrs. Taylor asked me to help you with your math outside of school.”

I groaned opening my eyes and sitting up. “Who?” I looked at him perplexed as he talked about some teacher.

He gave me a look. “Luna, our teacher... Mrs. Taylor, math...” He slowed it down on the last part.

Realization struck me. “Oh that’s her name?” He rolled his eyes and deadpanned.

He nodded after slowly dragging his hand down his face. “Yeah, she wants me to help you with your math.”

I made a sour face. “You mean you’re going to be my tutor.”

He nodded. “Yeah, I’m going to make it as easy as I can.”        

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah yeah whatever. You can attempt to help me today...” I stood up looking around at everybody that seemed pretty active. “You wanna throw a ball around or something so we can get some points?” I asked watching as he sat there.

Seth sat there for a while thinking about it. “That’s like the worst way to get points why don’t we just play soccer or something.”

I didn’t want to play soccer... so they could trip me again, then I’d have to get kicked out for stabbing a kid with a pencil....I told him how I felt about it and he told me that I should work on my ‘anger problems’. I rolled my eyes. “I don’t have anger problems... people just need to stop pissing me off...” I glowered.

The gym teacher blew his whistle and we all gathered in our group and walked back around the school. I noticed some people walking through the school doors to get to the locker room. I smirked and followed them, Seth on the other hand face palmed again, I shushed him.

Closing the door quietly I walked down the hallways normally but when I saw Avery I tried to walk the other direction... of course she noticed me. “Luna! Don’t try to hide from me, your hair is a dead giveaway.”

Groaning I looked back to her. “Hey, Avery.” I dragged out my hello.

She smiled and walked to me. “Do you want to go to the movies today? I’m totally ready to go see that new movie.”

I was about to tell her how I’d actually love to go, I really wanted to see that movie. I shook my head and she frowned. “I can’t... I’m having this guy come over.”

Avery’s eyes sparkled. “Oh yeah? Is he a potential boyfriend or something.” She smirked.

That dork Seth popped up in my head and I laughed. “No, he’s just going to be helping me with my math...”

Avery’s eyes widened. “But I thought you didn’t want to have a tutor, plus you know you could have asked me.” She frowned a little bit.

I shrugged. “My teacher, whatever her name is, recommended him. We’ll just see how this goes... But I need to be getting to the locker room to change again.” I dragged my hand down my face realizing that my clothes were wet.

Avery furrowed her brow. “What’s the matter?”

I sighed. “My clothes are soaked.” She asked me why. “Fiona put a bucket in my locker so that when I opened it ice and cold water spilled me.” I bit my lip... “I need some clothes.” I mumbled. Then Avery said she had some extras in her locker, opening it she gave them to me.

I quickly changed in the bathroom and rushed to the locker room thanking her on the way. Opening the door I put my gym clothes into the locker and gathered my stuff so I could leave. Just as I put the backpack strap over my shoulder the bell rang and I walked outside. Waiting for me was Seth I looked to him. “Are you sure your parents are cool with you coming over?”

He nodded as we got on my bus, and took a seat. “Yeah, it’s only tutor-” I gave him a look. “Err I’m only helping you...” He changed that up pretty quickly. “What about your mom.”

I shuddered at the thought... “She should be fine with it.” I hope...

What'd you think??

Hey guys don't forget to check out the EXTERNAL LINK! This is where you can join the Detached fan club/ group and ask questions, express theorys and all that jazz. Click it! :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 25.9K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
6.5K 314 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
3.2M 83.3K 53
"Do you have a boyfriend?" At this I had to laugh, I was one of the school's biggest nerds, I was never going to date anyone. That was a fact. "No...
494 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...