The Lost Heroine (Heroes of O...

By amanda_denney_writes

Annabeth Chase wakes up in an unfamiliar house, surrounded by people in white bathrobes and weird necklaces... More

Chapter 1: Annabeth
Chapter 2: Sadie
Chapter 3: Annabeth
Chapter 4: Sadie
Chapter 5: Annabeth
Chapter 6: Sadie
Chapter 7: Annabeth
Chapter 9: Annabeth
Chapter 10: Sadie
Chapter 11: Annabeth
Chapter 12: Sadie
Chapter 13: Percy
Chapter 14: Leo
Chapter 15: Piper
Chapter 16: Jason
Chapter 17: Zia
Chapter 18: Hazel
Chapter 19: Frank
Chapter 20: Leo
Chapter 21: Calypso
Chapter 22: Sadie
Chapter 23: Annabeth
Chapter 24: Piper
Chapter 25: Carter

Chapter 8: Sadie

2K 45 51
By amanda_denney_writes

OUR GROUP, WHICH WAS GROWING SLIGHTLY LARGER BY THE MINUTE, walked over to the sword fighting arena. As we walked, I pressed the angel symbol on the hilt of my sword, and it shrank back into a wristband. 

The arena was filled with kids and teens with weapons. They were fighting with swords, daggers and spears. A blonde haired boy stood at the front, yelling instructions. Finally, the blonde boy yelled, "All right, Ares! Class dismissed! Good job today!"

The kids cheered and ran off, most of them still holding weapons. The blonde boy stayed behind. He looked about eighteen. As his face came into focus, I noticed that he had bright blue eyes and a scar on his lip. He was wearing glasses with gold frames. He also had a tattoo on his arm. 

"Hi, Percy," the boy said, raising his hand in greeting. "Piper, Leo, Calypso, Hazel. Who're you?" His gaze landed on me. 

"I'm Sadie," I replied. "Don't ask any more questions, because I won't know the answer."

The boy raised an eyebrow. "I'm Jason. Where's Annabeth?"

"Always the question, isn't it?" I noticed. 

Percy explained the situation to Jason. Jason looked horrified. "Annabeth's missing?" he repeated. 

"Yeah. We're going to find her," I said hastily. 

"Gotcha. Let's go to the archery range-- that's where Frank and Nico are. Will and Frank are trying to teach Nico how to shoot an arrow."

"Uh oh," Hazel said. "Nico's my half brother. He's terrible with a bow and arrow."

"Half brother on the godly side?" I guessed. She nodded. 

"Will is Nico's boyfriend," Jason added. I raised an eyebrow and opened my mouth, but Jason's look stopped me. I swallowed. "Okay."

When we reached the archery range, there were three kids standing next to each other, shooting arrows. Two of them were really good, and one was awful. The first guy was tall and blonde, with a Camp Half-Blood shirt and necklace. 

The second guy was Asian, with black hair and a tattoo on his arm like Jason's. He wore a purple shirt and blue jeans, with a white pouch tied to his belt. 

The third guy looked Goth, with his shaggy black hair, aviator's jacket, and black jeans. He looked a little older than Hazel, maybe fourteen. 

I guessed the Goth guy was Nico, because he was terrible at archery. His arrows went basically everywhere but the target. 

I ducked as one of Nico's arrows flew over my head. Leo jumped out of the way as it whizzed by his left ear and embedded itself in a nearby tree. A girl shot out of the tree and made angry chattering noises at the archers, shaking her fist. Then she pulled the arrow out of the tree and melted back into its trunk. 

"Sorry, Flora," the blonde guy said. "Nico, we're aiming for the target, remember?"

Nico rolled his eyes, grinning nonetheless. "It's not my fault I'm not a son of Apollo, Will!"

"Better work on your aim, di Angelo," Will replied, smirking. I snorted. "You nearly killed Leo and that girl over there. Hey, guys! What's up?"

"Apollo," Leo said. Hazel swatted him on the arm. "Hey!" he protested. "It's true!"

"This is Sadie," Jason said. 

"I'm Will Solace," said Will, waving. "Son of Apollo."

The Asian boy set down his bow. "I'm Frank Zhang. My dad's Mars. Ares in Greek."

"I'm Nico di Angelo," the Goth boy said. I was right. "Son of Hades, or Pluto if you prefer."

"Annabeth is missing," Percy told them, and I watched the smiles melt off the boys' faces. 

"Missing?" all three of them exclaimed at once. I zoned out as Percy explained. 

I tried to remember anything about my old life. I grew up in the UK. Then... something happened, I didn't know what, that made me move to America. Brooklyn, I was pretty sure. And I definitely had a brother. I strained to remember his name. Carter! His name was Carter. Our last name... what was our last name? I glanced at my new bracelet and noticed a small symbol underneath the angel. It looked like a bowl and a zigzag line inside a circle, but I knew what it meant. It was Ancient Egyptian for KN. Kane. Sadie Kane. 

There was a goddess named Isis. Her symbol... I touched the angel pendant. It was a symbol of Isis. 

"I remember!" I yelled triumphantly. 

"Remember what?" Percy asked excitedly. 

"I grew up in Britain, then moved to America," I began. "I live in Brooklyn now, with my brother. I also remembered what the symbol means. This symbol." I held out my wrist to show them the bracelet. "This is a tyet, symbol of Isis."

Leo frowned. "ISIS? Isn't that a terrorist group?"

"What? No! Well, yes, but it's also a goddess."

"A goddess?" Percy repeated. "I've never heard of her."

"Is Al Qaeda a goddess, too?" Leo asked. Calypso smacked him on the shoulder. "Don't joke about that."

"She isn't Greek," I said impatiently. "She's Egyptian. In Brooklyn, we use the gods' magic, and follow the path of a certain god."

"Wait... Egyptian gods exist, too?" Will asked in disbelief. 

"Yes."

"Well, Greek and Roman exist," Frank reasoned. "Why not?"

"Also, I remembered my last name." I pressed the tyet on my bracelet, which grew into a sword, and pointed at a spot just under the hilt. "This is my last name in hieroglyphs, Egyptian picture writing. KN."

"How do you know that?" Percy asked, openmouthed. 

"I don't know."

"Wait, your last name is KN?" Leo asked. "What kind of a last name is that?"

"That's rude, Leo!" Hazel chided. 

"Not KN. Egyptians only write the consonants. It's Kane. Sadie Kane."

Percy gasped. "Sadie Kane?"

"Yes. Why?"

"You've got a brother, right? Carter?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 202 11
What if Fem Percy wasn't always greek? What if Yami had a wife in Egypt? What if there was an eighth Millennium item? Persephone Jackson has had a no...
1.3K 29 15
*COMPLETED-25K+ WORDS* Bella Cooper is defiant and strong, even when her modernized finishing school for girls tries to rip her opinionated personali...
188K 3.3K 32
This is just a little thing I've wanted to do for a while- write a Percabeth fan fiction. So this is basically during The Mark Of Athena, and The Hou...
82.3K 1.8K 42
"Hello I am Percy Jackson, welcome to camp half blood." "Camp half blood? Half what? Vampire? Werewolf? Both?" "Half God." Annabeth pecks Percy on...