Total Possession

By PrettySG

AshMatt Fan Fiction Matteo Guidicelli was determined to have her. He's going to seduce her. Sarah G... More

Total Possession
Chapter 1.1 Strike it rich
Chapter 1.2 Break through
Chapter 2.1 Powers that be
Chapter 2.2 Get in deeper
Chapter 3 Battle round 1.0
Chapter 3 Battle round 2.0
Chapter 4 Knockout round 1.0
Chapter 4 Knockout round 2.0
Chapter 5 Scare out of one's wits
Chapter 6.1 Hot under the collar
Chapter 6.2 Too close for comfort
Chapter 7.1 Naked truth
Chapter 7.2 Black as night
Chapter 8.1 Speak of the devil
Chapter 8.2 Picture paints a thousand words
Chapter 8.3 Add insult to injury
Chapter 8.4 Go against the flow
Chapter 9.1 The mind boggles
Chapter 9.2 Ahead of time
Maligayang Pasko at Masaganang Bagong Taon
Chapter 10.1 A foregone conclusion
Chapter 10.2 For love
Chapter 11.1 Live in hope
Chapter 11.2 Love affair
Chapter 12.2 A black mark
Chapter 13 First love
Chapter 14.1 Unforgettable
Chapter 14.2 Love to bits
EPILOGUE : One's one and only

Chapter 12.1 The Great Unknown

1.8K 47 28
By PrettySG

The next few days were challenging and demanding. Sometimes exciting and other times difficult. However, they had accomplished what they came for.

"You two have some fun," said Mr. Chang, a shipping tycoon and owner of one of the largest shipping companies in the world, with a fleet of 180 ships. "Forget work. It's Chinese New Year."

"Xiè xie nǐ, Mr. Chang. We'll be there." Matteo said after signing the agreement of his latest business enterprise.

Matteo had committed them to a party, a formal affair being held at the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore near the renowned Orchard Road shopping and business district. Those in attendance would be the city's social elite and country leaders.

Sarah was not looking forward to the occasion.

"Alam mo, hindi mo naman kailangan dalhin pa ako dito," Sarah said. "Matteo, iba ako sa'yo," she said finally.

"It's the difference that has me up at two in the morning having cold showers," he said huskily.

The confession was unexpected and as her gaze met his again she saw the raw hunger in the dark male face.

"Matteo, nakatira ako sa isang squatter area, at ikaw.....you're all around the world. You just want an affair, isang libangan kapag bumisita ka....."

"No, mali ka. Higit pa diyan ang gusto ko," he said softly. "You have got into my head, my bones, and my blood. I have never been so obsessed with a woman before, Sarah."

She stared at him.

"But I have to be honest too," he said. "Women always complicate things by talking about love, when what they really mean is passion, and desire."

Sarah took a deep breath before she said, "Hindi ka naniniwala na ang dalawang tao ay maaaring magmahalan at mabuhay ng maligaya magpakailanman?"

He made no comment.

The elevator doors opened and they stepped inside. Their ride to the Island Ballroom and the private Chinese New Year's eve party was quiet and tense.

After stepping out into the hallway, Sarah slightly lifted her long gown that touched the floor. 

She took plenty of deep breaths. She was trying to prepare herself for the great unknown.

Earlier she had second thoughts about the black and gold corset gown Matteo had chosen for her to wear. The strapless, body-hugging fit, floor length creation laced up the sides and front like Victorian underwear, pressing her breasts upward.

She felt exposed.....naked.  

Then there was the diamond necklace shimmering around her neck, along with matching diamond earrings. Once more, they were gifts from Matteo.

Nervously, she combed her hair using her shaking fingers. Matteo took her hands in his. He surprised her. She jumped. He must have felt it because he gave her a look. 

"Calm down," he warned though he smiled for public use. "You'll do fine."

"Some things can't be bent to your will. Kahit ikaw pa ang pinaka mayaman at makapangyarihan." She smiled for a show, too. Though she was far from happy.

Why did he have to look so deliciously handsome in his tuxedo?

He offered her his arm. His smile was charming. "Shall we join the others?"

Sarah felt like Cinderella. Except she was arriving on the arm of the handsome prince.

She had known her world was so different from Matteo's but not until stepping into the ballroom did that reality hit her hard.    

She was aware of the gentle buzz that Matteo was drawing, especially from the young female party as they walked inside the Island Ballroom.

She had a strong urge to spin on her stiletto heels and stomp out, go home, and change into a loose T-shirt and jeans.

She opened her mouth to tell him exactly that when Mr. and Mrs. Chang welcomed them. Sarah smiled with difficulty.

"You two lovebirds enjoy," said Mrs. Chang. "Help yourselves."

"Xiè xie nǐ, Mrs. Chang," Matteo said with a smile.

He sling an arm about Sarah's shoulders and said. "Let's check out the appetizer table, Miss Beautiful. Nagugutom na ako."

*****

At the far end of the hall, a stage ran the entire width of the room. A small orchestra played softly while couples danced.

Matteo stood, bending over her and drawing her to her feet before she could protest. "You can't come to the party and not dance," he said in a whisper.

She found herself on the dance floor, stiffening helplessly as his arms enclosed her.

Sarah loved this and hated it.

Loved it because she just loved being with him, watching him. Hated it because it marked the end of her service to him. The end of working with him.

He liked her and he told her so. 

But love.....? No.

He might not see her as the classic gold digger but at the back of his mind, she was still the woman who had been happy to sell her own personal principles for the sake of financial and emotional security.

She had used his brother, whether she wanted to admit it or not, and so he had no doubts about using her for his own personal pleasure.

But here she was. Loving him more with each passing day. 

Knowing that, she was a fool.

"You seem distracted," he said softly. He pulled her even closer. He settled her into the broad area of his chest. His chin was nuzzling the black silk of her hair. "Ano bang iniisip mo?"

Tungkol sa atin at kung saan tayo papunta, she wanted to answer. About what will happen to me when we are back in Manila. Will you even visit to see me or will you even call? Will you even learn to love me back or will you decide to move on?

"Ah, wala. Iyong trabaho ko sa restaurant. At si Gabby, siyempre."

"Puwede kang huminto sa pagtatrabaho." Matteo moved her slightly from him, keeping her within the circle of his arms as he looked down at her face.

"Ah, oo. Magandang ideya. Puwede akong umalis sa trabaho at hintayin na lamang na magbunga ng pera ang malaking puno sa likod ng bahay namin." She laughed to find that he was not laughing back. "Nagbibiro ka lang, hindi ba?"

She felt his eyes wandering over her face. 

He liked looking at her face.

"I'm a rich man." His eyes were watchful. "I can afford to support you."

Sarah fought hard not to react to his words as though they were a slap in her face.

"Ibig mong sabihin, you can afford to buy me."

"Sarah, hindi ko na kailangan bilhin ka. You are already mine for the taking."

"Matteo." She turned her head to look away. "Minsan pinapahanga mo ako." Her eyes started to well with tears and she tried to stop them from falling.

"I'm just being honest." He had pulled her close again and she didn't resist.

"Ito'y nagpapakita lamang na magkaiba ang mga mundo nating tinitirhan. Gusto kong kumikita sa sarili kong pagsisikap at hindi umaasa sa kahit sino."

"You were prepared to be reliant on my brother," Matteo pointed out.

Bad idea, he thought, bringing Paolo into the conversation.

He knew that she still saw him occasionally during the week. That he would sometimes take her and Gabby out for a meal occasionally.

All's fair in love and war, Matteo had thought.

Paolo had lost her. However, their friendship was still there. 

The thought still irritated and troubled him.

He wasn't jealous. No, that wasn't it.

What he didn't like was that the situation between her and Paolo should have ended in something final and messy.

Sarah looked at him and remained firmly quiet. She and Paolo had kept their secret but she knew that their continued relationship got on Matteo's nerves.

"If anything, I am in a far stronger financial position to take care of your needs and your son."

Sarah was shortly distracted by the mention of her son. Matteo hardly ever discussed him.

"My son is none of your business, Matteo."

Matteo felt his body tense and then immediately told himself that she was right.

They continued to dance in silence.

******************************************************************

Thank you so much for the past votes and comments. Love, love, love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 9.9K 62
My collection of JENLISA one shot stories. May contain some stories written in Filipino.
10.8K 145 36
Kailan masasabing sapat na ang paghihintay? Kailan masasabing tama pa ang paghihintay? Alamin ang sagot sa istorya nina Geraldine at Mannie.
26.6K 178 25
When the Sexy surgeon Wandee Ronnakiat becomes involved with boxer Yeo Yak and their relationship develops from friends with benefits to something mo...
219K 4.5K 53
"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful music producer and CEO, Magui Feola, we...