Saved by a Woman (GirlxGirl)...

By Albaluz

Alex is no princess. Her life is no fairy tale. She has gone from home to home ever since her parents were ki... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Eight

71.5K 1.5K 388
By Albaluz

                                                             Chapter Eight
                                    ~~~~~ Alex - Lunch with a beautiful girl ~~~~~

The restaurant was beautiful. The Chinese culture was seen in every detail. The red tables were elegantly arranged as well as the booths. The room was dark red with beautiful lights on the walls. Everyone was eating and having pleasant conversations.

The waitress guided us to our table. She was tall and had long black hair. She was very friendly and polite.

"What would you like to drink?" she asked as we took our seats. Her name was unpronounceable. She had her pad and a pen in hand waiting for our orders. Kylie ordered Pepsi while I ordered Mt Dew.

"Coming right up, you enjoy your lunch." the waitress gave me warm smile and left to get our drinks.

My stomach made its loudest protest ever. I groaned both in pain and embarrassment. The smell was incredible and was killing me.

"Alexandria Santiago, just listen to your stomach and go grab some food." Kylie tried not to laugh but ended up laughing when I literally bolted to the buffet without another word. I didn't need to be told twice.

I got two plates and started to fill them both. The first plate was a salad. I didn't go overboard, just your simple salad. The second plate was a different story. This plate was filled with every type of chicken available, some very good looking shrimp, some rice, and many other things that looked appetizing.

It didn't really help that I had that voice in my head yelling at me to grab this and that. 'Shut up.'
I had lost Kylie a few moments ago, so I went to sit on our table to wait for her. Our drinks were already there waiting for us.

She arrived a minute later with a plate of salad. Her eyes got wide when she saw my plates. She sat down and started eating her salad.

I unrolled my fork and put the napkin on my lap. I got my fork and started to wrap some pasta on it. I was stopped when I was about to eat it.

'Alexandria Santiago!' what! 'Forgetting something?'

I quickly caught myself and put the fork down. I closed my eyes and put my hands together.

"Forgive me father for I will sin. You see, I'm hungry and this food was just there waiting to be eaten. It would be a bigger sin to let it go to waste." I opened one eye and looked at the food. "Oh God have I told you lately that I love you? ‘Cause I'm about to worship you by eating this food." I hear Kylie laughing and just now notice that I was praying out loud.

Hey! Why didn't you say something? 'I can't think straight, just finish your prayer and give me some food!' When it comes to kylie, who can?

"Amen!" I say and once and for all eat the food in front of me. No conversation was started. Kylie eats silently while I eat everything edible that is in front of me. Once in a while I would pause and drink my soda but soon continued eating.

'You're eating like a pig.' dude I'm feeding you. Does it really matter how I'm eating right now? 'Yes because Kylie is right there in front of you!'

Once again I drop my fork and cuss myself out. Kylie simply chuckles and wipes her lips with a napkin.

'I hate that napkin.' why? 'Cause it can touch her lips.'

She had a different plate. 'When did she leave?' I have no idea since I was too busy feeding you.

"I’m so sorry." Was all I said. I look down on my plate and notice that both plates are completely clean. My eyes get wide when realizing that I just eat all the food.

"Don't worry about it. Want some fruit or ice cream?" she stacked the plates and got up. I followed behind my stomach no longer growling.

Kylie went straight to the fruit section and got two plates. She turned around and froze. We were so close.

Since she was way taller, I had a great view of her lips. Involuntary I smelled them. 'Oh. My. God.'

She was at least a head taller than me. I literally had to bend my head back to look at her in the eyes. She was quiet and looking at me straight in the eyes.

"How's the weather up there?" I asked stupidly. She instantly started laughing. People around us started to look at us weirdly, but Kylie didn't care. She continued to laugh and soon had to hold the edge of buffet table so she wouldn't fall. Her laugh was adorable. It wasn't too loud, it wasn't awkward, it was simply perfect and pleasant to hear.

"Umm the weather is warmer in the summer and colder in the winter." she said once she controlled her laughter. She was still smiling at me. It was one of those breathtaking smiles that made my heart skip a beat or two.

We grabbed some fruit with some little deserts and went back to our table. 'Have you noticed something?' what? 'You keep saying 'our table' like its nothing.' well it is OUR TABLE.

"Alex may I ask you something?" Kylie played with a grape on her plate but looked up to ask me.

"Shoot."

"Umm how old are you?"

"16." I say wiping my mouth.

"What’s your favorite fruit?"

"Watermelon," I said without hesitation.

'You hate watermelon.' not anymore. 'Oh my gosh so you think she kissed you?' I don't know. 'You do realize she might have stolen you're first kiss, right?'

"Do you always do that?" Kylie asked when I got back from where I was. "Do what?" I asked her confused.

"Have private conversations with yourself inside your head. It’s pretty cute seeing you argue with yourself." Kylie once again caught what she had said and blushed.

"Yeah sorry, I thought I got rid of it but it just won't leave me alone."

'Bitch I know you did not just refer to me as 'it'.' oh yes I did. 'You are so going down, Alexandria!' whatever.

Kylie was once again laughing. I closed my eyes and listened to her laugh. I could die a happy person if the last thing I heard was her laugh and the last thing I saw were her amazing eyes, if the last thing I touched was her skin, if the last thing I smelled were her lips.

"Have a great day ladies." the waitress put the bill with two fortune cookies in front of us and smiled at me. I picked up one of the two and opened it.

A thrilling time is in your immediate future.

I look up to see a smiling Kylie reading her own fortune. 'I wonder what hers says.' I fold the paper and put it in my back pocket.

"You ready to go?" she asks getting up. As I was about to reach for the check, she slapped my hand away. I glare at her but she just simply smiles at me. 'Why does she do that?' I don't think she even notices what she does to me.

The walk back to the school was pleasant. I smiled since my stomach was happy and not growling at me anymore. We made small talk, where I leaned many things about Kylie.

Kylie is a junior. She has a younger brother named Gabriel. She's the captain of the cheerleading team. She loves summer dresses. Her favorite color is blue. She was born and raised in Wichita, Kansas. She- 'Dude stop.' but there's so much more. 'Don't worry we have time.' what do you mean we, she's mine.

'No she's Anthony's.'

I suddenly stopped when I remembered him kissing her. The same intense anger flows through my veins. Gritting my teeth and balling mi hands is the only way I can think of controlling it, and it doesn't works.

“You OK?” Kylie asks looking worried. I snap out of it and walk towards her. I don't have to fake a smile; it came naturally as I saw her beautiful face.

                               ~~~~~ Kylie - It's on like Donkey Kon ~~~~

Kylie had never enjoyed someone company as much as she had enjoyed Alex’s. Kylie laughed like never before.

When Alex prayed for her food, Kylie couldn't help but laugh as the girl talked to god like she was talking to a friend.

Alex had done and said things that had affected Kylie in ways she couldn't comprehend.

I’m head over heels for this girl. She thought as Alexandria was so close to her. She almost died of laughter when Alex asked her about the weather. Her laughter could be heard all throughout the space.

She was aware of the stares people gave them. Little kids laughed at Alex as she stuffed her mouth with food, but Alex never noticed. The girl ate like a beast.

Kylie felt anger rush through her whole body as the waitress looked at Alex up and down, checking her out. She gritted her teeth and fought the urge to beat the waitress. But of course, Alex was too busy eating to notice the waitress eying her from afar.

When they had finished eating the waitress came with the check and fortune cookies. The waitress Bent down and smiled at Alex totally ignoring Kylie. Once again Kylie had to fight with all she had in her, so she wouldn't reach across the table and kill the waitress.

Thankfully the waitress left before Kylie could do anything to her. Alex was of course oblivious to the waitress’s actions and everything around her.

Kylie smiled as she read her fortune.

The love of your life might be right in front of you. Don't hesitate to act upon it.

She saw her watch and immediately started to hurry so they wouldn't be late for their next class. Alex was about to get the bill but Kylie hit her hand away. She simply smiled and went to pay for their food.

The question came in a split second to her head, how much do I have left after this? Kylie simply avoided these thoughts and instead looked and smiled at the girl.

Once again, Kylie saw the waitress undress Alex with her eyes as she ran up and down her body as they were heading out the door

This time Kylie opened the door for Alex and when Alex wasn't looking, gave the waitress a gesture that was according to Kylie unladylike. The waitress simply raised her eyebrow at the jealous Kylie.

The walk back to school was pleasant. Kylie was surprised that she had told Alex almost everything about her. Never had Kylie ever told anyone the things she had shared with the girl.

Something was happening something that Kylie could not comprehend nor stop from happening. She liked the girl not as a friend, not even a best friend, she wanted more. She needed more. And that is exactly what she is going to get.

Since Alex had violently killed her locker, Kylie had to go with Alex to her locker. Kylie had put her gym bag in which she had the few things she had taken this morning in the girl’s locker. Alex opened the locker and gave Kylie the combination. She memorized it and grabbed her things for her next class.

"So will I see you in gym?" asked Alex closing the locker. Kylie smiled and responded with a yes.
They split and went to class. Kylie stayed behind to wait for Anthony so she could apologize for not having lunch with him. Her cheer squad was mad when they saw her pass by, but Kylie simply ignored them and tried to find Anthony.

He was waiting for her at her old damaged locker. He was leaning against someone else locker and had his arms crossed. His anger showed in every feature.

“Where the hell have you been? Anthony stood up and confronted Kylie. He was red with anger. Kylie had once seen him like this but preferred to bury the memory in the back of her mind.

“Anthony I'm sorry. I went out to eat with a friend and my phone was on silent.” Kylie leaned to kiss him and for the first time, Anthony calmed down and kissed her back. She felt better now.

Anthony hugged her waist and took her to class. When arriving at the classroom, Anthony once again kissed his girlfriend and left to his own class just as the bell rung.

"Miss Balthazar, if you would stop kissing your boyfriend for a second you might just be in time for my class." Mrs. Miranda was a cool teacher but hated when her students were late, especially after lunch. 

“I'm sorry ma'am it won't happen again.” Kylie said and went to her seat in the back of the class room. 

Kylie was way too embarrassed to notice anything around her. She jumped when someone behind her tapped her shoulder. She turned around and instantly changed her mood when she saw a smiling Alex begin her.

Kylie turned around and tried to focus on what the teacher was writing on the board. Since once again she couldn't concentrate, Kylie stopped listening to the teacher and wrote a note to Alex. 

Thanks for joining me for lunch. I had fun. 

She folded the note and passed it back. In seconds she had a response from Alex.

No problem. We should do it again sometime.

And that's how it begun. The note passing went on for the whole hour and was never interrupted. Kylie saved the notes in a folder and started to pack for gym.

Alex was waiting patiently for her after class. Kylie smiled and followed Alex. Anthony found them and kissed Kylie in a way that was too possessive. She pulled away and saw that Alex had her fists folded and was looking away.

Anthony glared at Alex which made Kylie erupt with anger. “I'll see you after school.” Kylie told Anthony as she grabbed Alex’s hand and headed to gym.

“OK people, since I exhausted you yesterday, I have decided to let you guys rest today. I need you guys to chill as Kylie and Miss Santiago take my test.” Mr. De la Rosa had a grin on his face. The girls went to get dressed and were out in as little as five minutes.

After stretching they were off. Kylie started off slow and found that Alex was right next to her.
“You’re pretty good for your size.” Kylie teased.

“So are you, you know slow but good.” Alex laughed and sped up leaving Kylie practically eating the girl’s dirt.

“Hey!” Kylie yelled and sprinted to catch the girl. She catches up in no time. The race was intense. Kylie was running and was staring to run out of breath. Alex seemed to be slowing down which gave Kylie an advantage. Her celebration was cut short as the girl sped up impossibly fast.

"Oh it's on Alexandria Santiago!" she yelled to the girl a few feet away. The whole class was intrigued and cheering for the girls. Bets were set.

"You have to catch me first to consider you a threat." Alex sprinted yet again and was now ahead by a lap.

“Oh it’s on like donkey kon!” Kylie yelled after the girl. Kylie ran faster and faster until she had finally caught up to the girl. After a few more laps, they were both exhausted but didn't give up.

"How about we just call it a tie." Kylie suggested to Alex. She could barely get the sentence out. Alex nodded and they both stopped running at the same time.

Mr. De la Rosa approached them and told them their next assignment. “Push-Ups.”; he said almost enthusiastically. The girls groaned but went down on the floor.

“Up, down.” said Mr. De la Rosa to the girls mapping a steady pace. Alex had a huge grin on her face as she saw Kylie staring at her.

Kylie couldn't help it, Alex had muscles, and they would show up every time she went up and down up and down. Kylie snapped out of it and focused her strength on the pushups.

15 Minutes had passed and the girls did not want to quit. They looked straight forward and still went on Mr. De la Rosa's pace.

“Kylie come on we both know neither one of us is going to give up.” Alex said while still doing her pushups. Kylie smiled and went all the way down on her last push up.

"Ok ladies I'll give you a five minute break, then we will continue to sit-ups.

Kylie helped Alex up and went to get a drink of water. Alex had been hard to beat. To everyone, Kylie was considered the most physically fit girl in the whole school, but Alex is taking everything out of her.

Mr. De la Rosa called them back before any words could be exchanged.

The girls lay on the floor facing each other. They got into their positions and once again started on a steady pace. “Up, down. Up, down.”

"So you cheer." Alex asks sitting up.

“Yep." Kylie answered. “I'm the captain” The pride was expressed. Kylie smiled at the fact that not even Bianca could take her place, although Bianca never seems to give up.

"Impressive."

"You play sports or something?"

“Yep I play soccer," she paused as she went down but soon continued as she got up.

“Basketball, softball, volleyball, tennis, you name it.” Alex was getting tires and so was Kylie.

After one more sit up both girls looked at each other and smiled. It was time to quit.

Finally the test was over. Both girls were tired beyond belief. Kylie's entire body ached. Cheer leading practices were never this brutal.

~~~~~

Should I continue?

-Alba Luz :^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 596 36
Kyla goes to King, which is the top basketball team in the conference. Courtney and Maya both attend Valley High, who haven't beaten King in ages. Ma...
2M 73K 44
Alexandra Isabelle Alvarrez - a driven, Filipino-American 17-year-old girl who just wants to breeze through her senior year and fulfill her bigger dr...
540 18 19
Alexandra is a typical highschooler. She has decent grades that are passing. She has Neil, her bestie. Then her big crush on Hanna, a popular girl.Th...
564K 12.4K 32
Most people know when they've fallen in love. They know when they start to develops feelings for someone. But figuring that out can be hard to do whe...