The Brides

By ShraddhaBhatia6

Highest Rank: #33 in Romance Three Best of Girl Friends, all set to marry their arranged husband. Nidhi a sw... More

Character Sketch
Bachelorette Night
Lehangas
Wedding
Reception Party
Obstacles
Destinations
Families
Sight Seeing
Marriages
Love and War
Sufferings
Realizations
The Charity Event
True Self
Confessions
The Inspection Day
The Merger Party
Declaration
Weekend
Italy
Fairy Tale
Feedback
Announcement
Hospital
Home
Reunion
And then, I met you.
Have I turned you on?
Mine, All Mine.
Finally
Wattys2016!

Trick and Treat

15.7K 557 13
By ShraddhaBhatia6

CHAPTER 5

TWO WEEKS LATER

After a disastrous reception party everyone was determined to try harder so as to keep their fake marriage a secret.
Two weeks later Avinash's lawyer called and informed them about their appointment and hence the legal procedure started.

"I need to rush back to my office. Ridhsie, Are you coming?" Gautam asked hurriedly.

"Of course." Riddhima said and approached the car, after biding her goodbye.

"Sweetheart, would you like me to drop you somewhere?" Gautam asked Sneha with a smirk.

"Thank you very much, dear husband. But I have my own car." She said sweetly yet sarcastically. "I'm running late, goodbye." And was the first one to leave.

He chuckled and got in the car with Riddhima and left after Sneha.

"Mayank can you drop Nidhi? I have a meeting." Avinash said.

"No problem." Mayank replied.

Avinash was about to leave, when Nidhi called him. "Avinash? What time should I expect you,today?" she asked timidly.

"Don't." He answered in a business tone and was climbing in his car when she called again.
"Wait! What do you mean? We need to leave for Udaipur today."

"I have meetings lined up Nidhi. Mark will take you." He said and climbed in his car. She saw his car vanishing and sighed.

"Shall we?" Mayank polity asked.

"Ya, sorry." She smiled weakly and Mayank like a gentleman opened the door for her to climb in, and then took his seat.

It's been two weeks, and they developed a good bond of friendship.

"So? What do you wanna do today?" Mayank asked searching his box.

Every night it's a tradition for them to do something crazy. First it was difficult for her to believe that a man like him would share her crazy interests and ideas, but when he opened his years old treasure box she gasped when she saw a box full of board games!!

"Umm... let's try something new!" She said excitedly.

"And??" He raised his eyebrow.

"Hide and Seek!!!" She said and clapped her hands.

"And then Ankh mai choli!!" He jumped on his feet. "I'll count, you hide!"

That night they forgot the world and the house was full of laughter. They bid their goodbyes at 3 a.m. to attain some decent sleep, or maybe to avoid angry Riddhima bagging their door, all over again.

"So, Udaipur, huh?" He asked to break the awkward silence that was lingering inside the car.

"Best friend's wedding. You know, I hate shopping but I spent last two weeks doing the same, and now.. I don't think, that I'll go with Mark." She said and had a sad smile, at the memory of her childhood with Arav.

"I know that it mind sound crazy, but I'm attending a weeding in Udaipur as well. I'm leaving tomorrow morning." He said.

"Oh..Is it? Where exactly?" She questioned.

"Chunda Palace." He said.

"No way!!"

"What happened??" He asked, worriedly.

"You are invited to...??" She ignored his question and asked again.

"Arav Mittal's wedding." He said.

All of a sudden she started laughing uncontrollably, completely confusing the person next to her.

"Nidhi?" He finally asked.
One moment she is upset, next she is in deep shock and now she is laughing out of nowhere.

"Arav Mittal is my best friend. I'm talking about the same wedding, Mr. Sharma." She managed to answer him somehow between her fits of laughter.

He frowned, glanced towards her, and came up with an idea.

He pulled his cell phone and dialed a number. "Hey, Avinash?....No need to send Mark. Nidhi and I have common destinations....
...... yes.......... okay, bye." He disconnected.

The moment she heard Avinash's name her laughter vanished and she was staring him with a blank expression. "What was that?" She promptly asked.

"Well, I thought that it's good for us to save some resources, plus I'm not that bad of a company. If you like."

"Drive fast!! I have a weeding to attend!" She exclaimed and all her plans of enjoying her best friends wedding, the way they planned it, were coming back to her along with her joy.

_______________________________________

"Mom please.. I can't!" Gautam firmly said on his cell.

"Gautam, they couldn't make it.. they really want to meet you and Riddhima!" His mother answered in same tone from the other end.

"I have a very important merger party round the corner, I just can't, that's it!" He said.

"They want to see our daughter-in-law, they haven't even seen her even once. You are leaving today! End of the discussion." His mother said.

"Mom bu--"

"It's for biji, Gautam. Bye." She said and disconnected the call.

'Dammit!' He threw his cell phone on his desk.

'What am I suppose to do now? Riddhima will kill me! Too late to tell her the truth.' He thought and sighed.

Some time in past :

"Riddsie???" He rushed in her office.

"What?" She asked.

"We got the biggest project of our lives!" He happily declared.

"And what is that?" She raised her eyebrow.

"The Glassglow's and MLM's merger party." He announced.

"Shit! so it's really happening! This is going to be the most powerful combination ever! MLM? Oh.. Sneha works there and god! This is crazy!" She exclaimed.

"Exactly!! The glassglow belongs to my friend..... You know what? The world is going to witness one of the finest party of this decade." He said happily.

"Friend? I know most of your friends. Who is it?" She asked in a confused tone, ignoring the rest.

"Yes... umm.. well you can handle MLM and leave the glassglow for me." He said and left before she could ask any more questions.

The moment she'll get to know who owns The Glassglow. She will bring the world upside down and he can't afford it.

Back to present:

"Send in Riddhima, please." He intercom, he had to execute his plan. There was no other option.

"Yes, Gauti?" She pushed the door.

"Err, Riddhima. Come sit." He said and she frowned.

'He is using my full name! Strange! Some thing is really serious.' She thought, took a seat.
"Well???" and asked .

"Riddhima, I have an emergency at home. Mom called... I...I really need to go." He said with a sad tone and also pretended to cry.

"Oh.. all okay??" She worriedly asked.

"It's biji... she is on her dead bed and she wants to see me.... and.....and...." He covered his eyes and was literally shaking.

"Hey... Gauti.. no.. please don't cry." She rushed and held him.

"We have a merger party.... and.. and.. there is a meeting today in the Glassglow....and... then my biji...." He said in a sad tone, sniffing and hugged her back.

"Gautam, wait... it's okay.. You go home take some rest, be with your biji as long as you want. I'm here, I will take care of everything. Trust me, it will all be okay." She said.

'I wish' He thought.
"You will?" He said while looking in her eyes now.

"Come on! Show some faith in me!" She smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh.. thank you so much!" He hugged her tightly.

"Go now!" She chuckled and pushed him out.

"Yeah, Hasta la Vista." He said, kissed her cheek and left.

"Physcho" She repeated Sneha's word and laughed. "Let's see now, who is there in Glassglow."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gautam rushed back home as he knew Sneha isn't there, it was easy for him to function.

"Maria!! you packed our bags?" He called.

A thin lady, who was in her 30's came running in the main hall. "Yes, sir. I packed all the necessary things that you and Mrs. Chauhan might need."

"Thanks, Maria. You are an angel." He said and smiled.

Maria blushed. "Do you want something else sir?"

"Just my wife." He said.

She frowned and apologetically answered, grunting her teeth. "Sir.. She is not here."

"I know. Well Maria, I'm going to my native place. We won't be back for next 2 weeks." He answered.

"Very well, sir." She answered with a big grin.

"Do you want something? From my pind(village)?" He asked proudly.

"Umm...No sir." She answered.

"Well, I will ask the teacher to pick something up. Bye, take care." He said and left.

"Huh! Just a matter of time. He'll leave her too." She mumbled when she was all alone in the house.

He drove like a crazy beast as if his life depended on the accelerator and reached Sneha's office within 20 minutes.

"Hi, I'm Gautam Chauhan. I'm here to pick Ms. Umm. Mrs. Sneha Sharma." He said and gave his sexiest smile to the receptionist, using his charm to get his way.

In return she blushed and asked him to wait for a moment.
"She is on her way down here, Mr. Gautam."

"Thanks. Btw, your eyes, my god! The most beautiful set, I have ever seen." He winked.

She giggled in response.

"Gautam?" Sneha called from behind and when he turned he was stunned.

She was dressed in a beautiful suit. Perfect attire to present her in front of his family. Moreover, she was looking amazing in it. It was weird for him, because he always preferred a mini skirt over a suit.

"Stop gawking and speak!" She said and folded her arms.

"You look ravishing!" He happily said.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Let's go." He said and caught her arm.

"What? Where? No!" She resisted.

"Please ma'am, you have to be my life savior." He pleaded.

"Then the life saver needs to know how and why?" She asked promptly not losing her stands.

"My biji... wants to meet the love of my life.. Now let's go." He said and started dragging her out again.

"What? No, ask Riddhima. Gautam wait I can't." She pulled him back.

"I can't take Riddsie, it's a long story. I will explain. But now, please let's go!!" He tried dragging her but she pulled her hand again.

"No! I have work!" She said.

"Please... ma'am... Please... Please..." He dropped on his knees, with folded hands and started begging, turning heads towards them.

'Gautam Chauhan on his knees, for the first time.' He thought.

'Oh my god this.. This is so embarrassing.' She thought.

"Gautam get up, don't create a scene in my office!" She said in horror.

"Come with me" he whispered.

"No!" She said firmly.

"Pleaseeeeeeee...." He literally cried now like a small child and more people started noticing, including her boss.

"Oh gosh!! Okay fine!! Get up!" She pulled him up. This man, will be my death.

"Good, let's go." He said and literally dragged her out, without even listening to her and stopped, only when she was secured by her belt on the passenger seat.

"I need to inform my boss." She hissed.

"Done." He grinned.

"I need to take some clothes.. I'm not--"

"Done, already. Off to Sanghol." He shouted and she sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE GLASSGLOW

Riddhima saw the building from afar. It's hard to not notice a building completely made up of glass. It matched its name.
This glass was glowing in the afternoon Sun, reflecting the great market value of the company.
She parked her Audi and took a deep breathe.
"It's okay, Riddhima. You can handle this. It's not going to be tough. You are strong. Breathe." She chanted to calm herself.

After Gautam's departure she rushed back home and changed into a pretty dress paired it with her high heels and did her hair and minimal make up. She desperately wanted to impress then man sitting on the 45th floor.

She stepped inside the main hall and gasped. Everything was pitch perfect! Even the receptionist was dressed in a black business suit and was looking exceptionally hot. With all the good-looking women walking around with utmost elegance, She felt a bit out of place.

"Good Afternoon, May I help you?" Hottie receptionist asked with a brilliant smile.

"Hello, I have.... Actually I'm here from TheCarnival." She asked, nervously.

"Just a second ma'am." She smiled and clicked some buttons on her TAB. "Mr. Gautam Chauhan was expected today."

"Yes, I'm Mrs. Riddhima Chauhan, the Vice President of TheCarnival. He couldn't make it, so I'm representing him today." She completed with her best possible smile.

"I see." She smiled and called someone. "Someone will be here to guide you." She said and handed her visiting pass.

Just after a minute another hotie walked in.
"Hello, I'm Shanaya. Mr. Singhania's Personal Assistant. Kindly follow me." Hottie no. 2 said and started walking towards the elevators.

Riddhima frowned on the mention of Singhania, but assumed that she misheard and follwed her.

The doors opened on the 44th floor.
WAITING AREA
Was written in bold letters.

'This waiting area, was equivalent to a pent house itself.' Riddhima thought.

"Have a seat ma'am. I will inform Mr. Singhania. Would you like to have something?" Hottie2 asked.

"Water." Riddhima gulped hard.

She nodded and left.

'Singhania....' Funny. She thought.
From past two weeks Avinash and Riddhima are purposely avoiding each other and if by any chance they come face to face, they end up arguing for hours.
Every mean, ends with a quarrel.
'Why the hell am I thinking about that idiot now? Focus!' She thought and stared checking the papers in her hand.

"Miss Riddhima? Mr. Singhania will see you now." Hottie said and asked her to follow.
They went on to the 45th floor. The complete floor was his office, complete damn floor!

The hottie2 opened the door for her.

When Riddhima entered she saw a dead hot man who was talking on the phone and she gasped.
He was just like a Greek god as she read in her boom! But unfortunately his back was turned towards on her.

She patiently waited for him to disconnect his call and the moment he did she spoke.
"Good Afternoon, Mr. Singhania. I'm--- no freaking hell!!!" She gasped in horror now when he turned.

'Avinash!!! Gauti you are so dead.' She thought in horror.

"What do you want now?! Just for once can't you leave me alone?" He asked.

"I was missing you so much that I came straight running to your office Avi, baby." She acidly said.

"Oh god, not again. Tell me what you want and then get out!" He said and took his seat.

'If you are going to be a dog, I'm no less than a bitch.' She thought.
"I here to discuss the merger plan. I'm handling your party now." She announced proudly.

"The deal is off." He said.

"What????" She shouted and got up.

"Don't shout in my office, Mrs. Chauhan." He said calmly.

"You can't be serious!" She yelled.

"I'm." He said and a wicked smile left his lips.

"You doing this on purpose." She shivered with anger.

"Obvious enough." He said and smiled.

"You asshol--"

"Ah.. I don't think it's a good thing to talk to your clients like that." He said pleasingly.

"Stop testing my patience." She hissed.

"I'm, Mrs. Chauhan." He said and a small laugh escaped his lips now.

She was about to speak when hottie2 entered. "Sir, do you need anything?" She asked, gently.

"Mrs. Chauhan?" He smiled towards her.

"I don't plan to die so soon, yet alone in your office." She replied irritated.

"Excellent, one latte. Please." He said, and Shanaya returned.

"You can't do this to your friend. It took us almost three months! You can't cancel it lime that. It's not ethical!" She said worriedly but didn't lose her composure.

"Well, I can. But as my Gautam is involved, I can go ahead with it. You said, you are handling the plan?" He asked.

"Yes.." She reluctantly said.

"Good, I want the ball room theme." He smiled.

"What??!!! But you asked for the 80s!" She said furiously.

"I did, change it." He said.

"No way! We can't. It's just a month away!"

"I can shift the date, the venue, the theme. Whenever and however I want. Now it's up to you. And did I mention that I will be your worst nightmare.?" He asked.

She fell silent for a minute. "You did, and in return I promised to kick back your Ass. We'll meet again Mr. Singhania with the revised plan next week. Thank you sparing your precious time. Good day."
She said.

" I need it within two days." He said.

She took a deep breathe. "Sure." smile ans elegantly left the place.

Destiny is a funny thing.
Now, Destiny lies in different destinations.

Note:
All three offices of the men above.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 474 6
Since ancient times orange blossom flowers were equated with purity, innocence and chastity, and were consequently associated with brides. It is trad...
3.3K 260 30
What if the ARRANGED Marriage,as it was thought to be, isn't actually arranged. Then, would you call it an Arranged marriage or a Love marriage? Or...
1.8M 94.3K 60
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
246 2 32
"You jerk what did you do?" "Babe relax, did you not like my surpise," "No, I loved it," "What do you mean?" "I mean, I am happy that you are goin...