Promises Were Meant To Be Bro...

By TriciaMahone

He promised to never hurt me. But to him, it was just another promise meant to be broken. SEQUEL TO TAYLOR I... More

Becky
Flashback
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 31
Final Chapter
Note

Chapter 26

8.8K 234 30
By TriciaMahone

"You wont believe me if I tell you"

"Try me. Besides, you wouldn't have a reason to lie, would you?"

She shook her head and got into position

Becky

"Well..."

Rita sat there sitting up in listening position, waiting for me to start talking but nothing came out

"Becky, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's alright, really. I just don't know where to start"

She nodded understandingly

"Well to start off, who's this guy you need to talk to? His name is Austin, right?"

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my slightly wet hair. My lips pierced together before speaking

"His name is Austin.. Austin Mahone. We-"

"Wait wait wait, Austin Mahone as in the guy that was playing on the radio earlier?"

I nodded

"But how di-"

"Just let me finish, then you can ask me questions"

She stayed quiet as I continued

"Yes, Austin Mahone. The 17 year old "hottie" from Texas. We have a history. Before he became all famous, we used to date. As you already know, I moved here from Texas. And that's where it all started when..."

As I continued explaining to her, she listened to every detail coming out of my mouth.

I explained from the day Taylor used to be his girlfriend, how I was madly in love with him, him calling me a jealous bitch, when I went into a coma, when we first got together when he sung to me at the tree house, cheating on me with Taylor, thinking she was pregnant with his baby, everything. I didn't leave a single detail out.

She didn't make a single sound as I continued explaining.

"Taylor found me at the mall and took me to her hotel. That's when we officially became friends. That night, Austin called her phone asking if she knew where I was. I took her phone and had a talk with him. Told him things between us are over. "

Tears slipped out as I remembered the phone call

Flashback (Becky's POV)

"Austin I'm tired of trying to make our relationship work!"

"w-what?" 

"I'm tired of all this! Trying to make us work out!"

"Can we meet up and at least talk about it?"

His voice filled with pain and sorrow, but I brushed it off

"No. Y-You will hear my out. After what I saw, I-I'm not ready to face you."

My voice cracked as I continued

"Austin, I love you. You know that right?"

"I love you too but-"

"But nothing Austin. I'm tired of this.  I'm done with it. I'm tired of being in a relationship with you but being so afraid that when you leave, you'll go out and cheat on me again like you always do"

I heard him gulp, not wanting to say anything to upset me.

"I-I'm done with all the pain, the tears, the lies. I'm tired of thinking we'll ever have that fairytail relationship I've always dreamt of and broken promises! "

"We can work it out baby!" he sobbed

I clenched at the phone tighter as  tears escaped my eyes

"I'm not your baby Austin! Why don't you understand that?!"

His breathing got heavy, trying to calm himself down but I continued

"Obviously those are what I'm always getting whenever I'm with you and trying to give you a chance" She continued "I'm tired of thinking you will come back around and love me the way I love you and the way you use to love me, or I thought you did. Things will never be the same"

"Becky, you know I love you. You know I'll do anything to make it to you..."  His words trembled into a whisper

"If you really loved me, you'd never hurt me this much."

"But-"

"Enough with the buts! Nothing you say could ever make up what you've put me through!"

We stayed quiet as a long pause filled the air. Nothing but his heavy breathing and my silent sobs escaping my lips.

"I-I'm sorry Becky..."

I didn't reply, my words choking in my throat

"I'm so sorry..." he whispered again

"Becky?"

I sighed as I finally spoke

"If you were really sorry, you wouldn't have hurt me again. Especially by kissing my best friend. We're done Austin. I'm done with giving you constant chances"

"please... I n-need you.." He choked out on his words

My heart shattered. But it's time to move on

"We're done."

"please... just let me make it up to you.." He begged but I shook my head viciously even though he can't see

"No. Austin Carter Mahone, the guy I called my best friend, the guy I fell in love with and the guy who I trusted with all my heart. I never thought you'd be the guy who'd also hurt me this much and break all those promises"

Without realizing, my sobs became louder

"Becky...." He whispered. His usually happy toned voice going into a soft painful tone.

"just leave me alone. please. It's better for the both of us.."

"I'm sorry Becky! I-"

Before he had anything else to say, I hung up. Finally ending it.

End of flashback

She had a shocked expression plastered on her face but quickly hid it. She took in a deep breath and exhaled, as did I.

I wiped away the remaining tears

"woah.." she finally spoke

The air grew thick as silences filled

"Do you believe me?" I asked in a low voice

She stayed silent and looked away.

"I don't know.." she trailed off

I let out a soft sigh

I wouldn't believe myself too.

"I'm sorry, it's just that he's famous. He seems so sweet and down to earth in those interviews. Why would he would do those things? Especially to a sweet girl like you"

I rolled my eyes at her statement.

Of course he would act that way. He's well known now.

"Too much to take in?"

She nodded

"Yea. Almost unbelievable."

I reached for my phone that was across from me and unlocked it. I went through my pictures then tossed it to her.

She gave me a confused look before looking down at it. Going through them, her eyes widen with shock.

"Is this the picture sent to you?"

"Yup" I casually replied.

The sadness hid in my eyes as I pulled of a small smiles to brighten up the mood.  I'm not mad at her for not believing me. Even I wouldn't believe myself.

What are the chances of a new transfer student knowing a celebrity like Austin? Well I guess I'm the lucky one. Note to sarcasm.

Looking up, she scrolled through the rest of my pictures, seeing as it's filled with old pictures on him and I. Her jaw lowered down, wide open.

"Believe me now?"

She looked at me with sorrow

"I'm sorry for not believing"

"It's ok. I wouldn't have believed anyone too if they told me this kind of story"

She handed me back my phone

"You two looked cute together."

I smiled

"We did?"

"Yes, but I can't believe he's that much of an asshole. He makes himself look seem as if he's really good and innocent in those interviews"

I chuckled at her comment

"I know"

I lied my phone on my nightstand 

"Wait, how did you get your phone back if you threw it?"

"His mom-"

"Michele?"

"Yeah, Michele gave it back to me a few days later."

She let out a sigh

"What's wrong?" my voice slightly concerned

"Nothing. He's just really hot and I had no idea he did this to you. I wanted to meet him but now I feel like punching him if I ever saw him"

I burst out laughing at what she just had said. Finally calming down, I talked

"It's ok to feel that way. I know he's cute" I blushed

"Ooo so you still like him?"

I glared and threw a pillow at her face

"Shut it"

Playfully rolling her eyes, she stuck out her tongue

"So are you actually going to try to talk to him? I mean, if I were you I wouldn't have the heart to do it."

I bit my lip thinking about it

"Yea, maybe.  I have to get over him sooner or later, right?"

"Yes, yes you do."

With a deep exhale, I rested my head on my hands and closed my eyes as memories filled in.

Memories of the time he was mine. The time when I was only his. When he would always press his lips on mine as I craved for more. When he would hold me protectively never wanting to let go.

Always reminding how much he loves me, how much he cares for me, how beautiful I am to him. When he would chase me around if I didn't give him a kiss. When he would kiss me my cheek out of the blue and tease me by calling me by my full name because I hate it so much.

When he would be his awkward and weird yet cheeky and adorable self around me.

A small smile appeared on my lips. But soon faded away realizing they're just memories.

Realizing they're all gone now. Nothing but meaningful memories to us. To me.

My thoughts were cut off when my phone went off, notifying me I have a new text. I reached out and noticed it's from Mickey.

From: Mickey

We can fly there in two weeks! See you then babe (:

Smiling, I put my phone aside before remembering that text I got.

"Hey Rita, did you give my number out to anyone at school?" I asked, putting it away

She smiled innocently and nodded

"To who?"

"Please don't get mad at me. I-"

"Don't worry, I wont. I'm just curious."

"Ok. I gave it out to Tony. Remember the boy I said was checking you out today?"

I thought back to earlier, remembering that conversation before she switched on the radio as Say Somethin started playing

"Oh yea, isn't he the guy in out English class?"

"Yup."

"Oh" I shrugged. Now I know who texted me

"He's cute" I said

"I know. But how'd you know I gave your number?"

"Because I think he texted me"

Once again, I tossed her my phone and checked my messages. I don't mind because I delete most of my texts.

She smiled and handed it back to me

"Yea, it's most likely him. Why don't you reply?"

"Because I didn't know it was him who texted me"

"Oh.." she said dumbfounded "Well reply now!"

"No, it's too late and-"

"Stop. Do it now. Besides, it's only a quarter past ten"

Hesitantly, I replied with an "ok" and texted him. It wasn't much. Just a simple "Hey"

To: Unknown (Tony)

Hey (:

It wouldn't hurt to flirt a little. Maybe this way I can get over him

"Ok there, I sent it"

"Good. Now all you have to do is talk to him tomorrow"

I shook my head

"Oh come on, why not?" Rita pouted

"Because I barely know the guy"

"Then get to know him. Besides, you texted him just now"

"Good point. I'll just see if I'm in the mood tomorrow"

With that being said, I pushed Rita off my bed causing her to fall

"What was that for?!"

"You, my lady, are sleeping on the couch just like always."

I pointed to my couch near the window. I have a pretty big room, so it could fit. It made me feel more at home.

After shutting off my lights, I lied down 

My phone lit up once again, but I decided to ignore it until tomorrow.

It wouldn't hurt to flirt a little, would it? Maybe it could get my mind off of him for a while. 

But I couldn't help but remember everything Austin and I used to do. As my eyelids felt heavy and minutes later, I fell a sleep with a small smile on my face

Maybe it will help me get over him.... 

I hope...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 1.2K 12
Y/N always keeps her promises. Always. And this time it ends up hurting her.
5.3K 159 43
who knew pinky promises can be broken?
329K 9.5K 53
"You've hurt me enough!" She screamed at him. "I know and I'm sorry." He cried out. "But maybe what hurt you can be the one to fix you."
12.7K 439 24
My life was a mess until i meet Austin, he turned my life upside down and i love him for it. I just never knew when your at your happiest, it can als...