Let's Call it Love

By Avirose

Meeting 'The Perfection' was a dream come true for many people, mostly fanatical girls. Scarlette happened to... More

Dedication
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 1 The Race
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 2 The Mother
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 3 The Scarves
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 4 Meeting Up & Homework
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 5 The Search
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 6 Coffee and Cookies
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 7 Teddy Bear & Dance
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 8 Welcome Back
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 9 The Unexpected Outing
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 10 Getting Ready
Let's Call It Love: Bonus Chapter 1
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 11 Root Beer Bottles and Good Friends
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 12 Party and Alvin&Nobody
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 13 Bad News & Sleepover
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 15 Lying, Partying, and Riley
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 16 Planning
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 17 Sleepover and Switching Places
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 18 Crazy&Fun Date
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 19 Beach Trip
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 20 Surprise Attack
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 21 Homecoming
Let's Call It Love:Chapter 22 Mysterious Admirer
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 23 Didn't Prevail
Let's Call it Love: Chapter 24: Two Twits and Two Kisses
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 25 Friendship and Time Apart

Let's Call it Love:Chapter 14 Rey & Birthday

606 8 0
By Avirose

Let's Call It Love

Chapter 14

Rey & Birthday

I tapped my hand into soft brown hair. It squirmed in it's seat; I felt the motion.

"Royce?" I asked, taking off my blindfold.

I looked at my annoyed little brother's face. He had his arms crossed. I laughed at him.

"I swear you get older everytime I see you," I told him ruffling his hair. He squirmed as usually, trying to slap away my hand.

I stopped and took out my iPod touch, plugging in both my earphones. I went into my playlist and put on "Your Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. This song is absolutely soothing and sad.

I took a deep breath. Somehow I still have the picture of me and Dalton on my bag, not crumpled up yet. Examining it, I saw a few words from the homework and when he slept there, his mouth was etched into a smile.

I felt fingertips on my right arm. I turned to my brother who was pointing at a stewardess giving little containers of, by the looks of it, chocolate cakes. I took off the earphones. She gave us a polite smile.

"What would you like?" she asked, in a high soprano voice.

"Chocolate!" he said, grabbing one immediately off the cart.

I raised my hand, "Same here please."

She passed me one and left with a have a "nice time" talk. I opted the container, the chocolate smell going to my nose. I smiled. I dipped my fork in, and took a bite. It was yummy.

Royce was all happy and giddy because of it. This is why I love my brother. He gets happy too easily.

My now-finished container; I placed it to the side of my little table and rested again. The steward people gave us a menu of what we would like to eat. My brother wanted a cheese and bacon burger with fries. I flipped through the pages, scanning for pastas. I finally found the section.

A steward came and asked us, "What would you guys like to have?"

She wasn't the same person that gave us the chocolate cake. This time, the girl was petite. She got out a little notepad and was ready to right down our orders.

"I would like to have Alfredo sauce pasta with shrimp and chicken," I told her, closing the little booklet, giving her a polite smile, "My brother would like to have a bacon-cheese burger with fries."

"What drinks do you guys want?"

"Water, and no lemon with it please."

"Coke!" Royce stomped his hand on his little table.

She bowed a little and left.

"How much are you hungry from 1 to 10?" I asked him.

"One and a million," he admitted.

After five minutes of waiting, our food got delivered. He hastily took a big bite out of the burger. I laughed at him. He then threw a few piece of fries in his mouth, munching quietly. I stared at him in amazement. He did that a couple of more times before he burped so loud. The burger burp attracted many people. All he said was, "Oopsies?" and giggled, putting his hand over his mouth.

I giggled with him. I took a sip of my water and did that ah sound. I was tingling from all the coldness of the ice cubes. How refreshing. I ate a bite of pasta; the sauce was mouthwatering.

I finished a few minutes before Royce did. I was careful not to drink too much water because, I have a bladder of a squirrel. When I drink too much, I pee non-stop. I don't like going back and forth to my seat and to the toilet in the airplane.

I put on my earphones and turned up the music as soon as I heard the song, "Because Of You" by Ne-yo. I liked this song.

"I'm taken by the thought of it, and I know this much is true. Baby, you have become my addiction, I'm so strung out on you...," I sang along this part.

I became silent after that, giving Royce who was staring at me, a forced weak smile. I'll take this two years in London a little vacation. Except this vacation is too long.

"How you kids doing?" Carter asked.

"Pretty good," Royce said.

I gave him a polite smile before closing my eyes.

♥.•*•.♡.•*•.♥.•*•.♡.•*•.♥

"Wake up, honey," my mom shook me until I regained consciousness.

I looked at her in confusion, "Yes?"

"Let's go."

She walked, making me follow her out of the plane. We got our luggage from the luggage place and walked out.

A cold breeze instantly merged me as soon as we got out, giving me a shiver down my spine. My two plaid luggage made a rolling sound as soon as it hit the ground.

I heard a guy shouting, "Hey dad! I'm over here!"

I looked, seeing a slim and muscle toned figure in front of my mom and Carter.

He had dyed midnight blue (In the sunlight) black hair, light skin tone, and was tall. He looked nicer than what his dad said about him. Boy was I wrong.

Royce and I walked up to the three of them, waiting patiently, while I was tapping my left foot on the ground.

We then looked at each other, seeing that the guy had chocolate brown eyes. He looked at me, with no emotion at first, but then etched a smirk across his face.

He hugged my mother and his dad without taking his eyes off me. It was creepy. I looked away from him. He unexpectedly walked up to me, taking my luggages. He stood there, acting casually.

"It's nice to finally meet my step sister," his voice was weird.

I gave him a creeped out look but held my left hand out for him to shake seeing as my parents, (I'm going to count Carter as my parent) were watching closely. He shook it gladly, never taking off the annoying smirk.

He walked off from me to my mother. Royce was jumping from excitement to meet his new brother. He hugged the kid for a bit and ruffled Royce's hair with a joking look. Royce didn't even fix his hair because of what he's feeling. They got along so well already. Everyone already started to make their way to the two cars that were fancy.

What's weird is that the Perfections are all 17 even though they at their Senior year. Funny, am I right? They should be at least in my grade. Did they started school early?

Anyways, I shook off the thought, as everyone got into the two cars. Mom and Carter in one car, while Rey, Royce, and I in the other.

I would have found it more comfortable if Rey sat in the front with the driver, but instead of that, he sat next to me and Royce. He was talking to my brother, while taking glimpse at me for some reason. Is there something on my face?

I looked out the window to find it raining, but not hard. I quickly wiped whatever was in my face but continued to stare out the window.

"I'm Rey," he introduced himself to me. I turned to his smiling face now.

"Scarlette but call me Scar. Nice to meet you."

"So Scar," he paused, "how old are you? I didn't get much details from my old man."

I looked at him surprised. Carter doesn't look old at all! He's probably in his early thirty like my mom.

"I'm 17, but in junior year. When's your birthday?"

"My birthday is in November 24th, 1994," he said proudly.

"You just turned 17?" I asked shocked.

He nodded, "I'm older than you by a month, loser." He snorted at me.

This guy was looking for trouble, I bet. "Oh yeah? At least I'm not creeper like you," I retorted.

We both looked off the windows, ignoring each other. The feelings between Rey and I were probably going to blow up this car. Royce was in the middle of it, staring at us, annoyed.

We arrived in a big driveway with a beautiful fountain that wasn't running water. Too bad.

Christmas was coming soon and snow flowed down from the sky, into the street grounds.

The place was huge! It looked like a white mansion. I saw Carter and my mom getting out of their car and looked at the house. They hugged passionately and kissed. I was ready to throw up.

"Let's go in you guys!" a maid greeted us, with warmth in her voice. How nice.

She explained how the drivers will bring it up to our room, while we were eating. I'm still not used to the time zone. It was seven hours difference. That's big. It's evening now.

As I walked passed the nice and polite, middle-aged lady, I shook my head no. I caught a glimpse of the beautiful house.

"I'm sorry, Miss. I don't please to eat tonight, I ate airplane food a little while ago. Can I see my room now?" I asked her.

She nodded and gestured for me to come in.

I heard a snort on the background. "You actually like the taste of airplane food? What are you? A pig?" he asked me.

I felt my mouth twitch and my eye. I turned back at him, "Well who's sounding like a pig for snorting, huh?" I retorted.

He became silent and went with everyone else, leaving me with the lady. She led me to several hallways, which I now have to memorize.

She opened a white colored door revealing a spacious room. Damn!

I walked in to find a set of my own sofa and tv and even a queen-sized bed on the side close to the window. Sweet! I also saw my luggages but ignored them.

I squealed lightly and threw my body at the bed, staring at the ceiling.

The maid laid a fresh new clothing for tonight. It was a bathrobe and towel, and toiletries and PJ's.

I looked around for a bathroom in my room, and yes there is one! I grinned happily and halfway skipped to the bathroom where I stripped my clothes off and entered the shower. There was already shampoo, conditioner and soap! I rubbed the shampoo in my head and rinsed afterward and also put on conditioner. There was a lufa on the corner of the shower so I bent to pick it up. I rubbed my soap in my lufa, making it bubbly, rubbing it against my skin. I rinsed my body off and stayed still for a moment. I closed my eyes and put my face on the warm water, relaxing.

After a minute I turned the shower off and put on my night clothes, along with the robe. I dried my hair with my towel and placed it in the side. I brushed my teeth, washing my face, etc. I held my dirty clothes on one hand.

I got out to be met with Rey looking at me, impatiently. I got freaked out.

"Finally!" He said in a flat tone, as if having a weight get off him.

He brushed passed me and into the bathroom. Why the hell does this guy use my bathroom for? I'm pretty sure he has his own. I felt a little mad but I'll talk it over with Cocky guy.

I crawled into bed, my eyes drooping down. I still kept them open, waiting for him to come out. It's already been 30 minutes. He seems to be more of a lady than a man. I took less than that.

Just when I was about to close my eyes, I heard the bathroom door open revealing Rey with a robe, and a wet tousled hair. It could be his everyday look for all I care.

I glared at him. He shrugged at me and mouthed, "What?"

"Why would you use my bathroom if you have your own?" I asked him, angry.

"I don't have one. We have to share," he explained.

"Kay then, get out of my room."

"Bye," he rolled his eyes at me before walking off.

Halfway through the door I stopped him. "Your more of a lady than a man, Rey," I laughed.

He glared at me, but didn't answer walking off, slamming my door loudly. I giggled a few more before I actually knocked out in the bed.

I actually got on bed AT NIGHT correctly on my first day. Despite the fact that, I'm still not used to the time zone. Or maybe I'm just feeling tired today.

It's nice meeting Rey, the cocky, mean, smirking guy, more of a lady type, slim and muscled toned figure guy. Not. I bet it will be hèll for both me & Rey.

. . .

"Hey, wake up!" someone shook my arm hard.

I grabbed their wrist and threw it. That didn't stop him. It was Rey alright.

"What do you want Rey?" I said in my tired voice.

"One, your hair is like a haystack and two days before Christmas."

I glared at him, "So, what if it is?" I asked.

I squirmed in my bed, trying to find a comfortable spot.

"Well, Elaine (My Mom) and my dad told us to go to the mall and get gifts. We are going to a Christmas party at Christmas night and we have to exchange gifts," he explained.

I groaned, "What time is it?" I asked him.

"Three o'clock in the afternoon,"

I rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed, groaning. He was already all dressed up, acting casual, with that annoying smirk on his face.

"I'll get ready," I told him, pushing him out of my door, as hard as I can but he won't budge an inch.

I gave up, getting my clothes out of my new closet. I got a grey tank top, blue skinny jeans, and my light brown boots and went to the bathroom.

I dressed up in my warm clothes, making myself remember to get a brown jacket and a gray beret slouchy beanie. I brushed my teeth thoroughly and washed my face.

I decided to leave my hair on loose. I got out and got my jacket and beanie. I went back to the bathroom to put them on. It worked. I came out, seeing Rey looking at me nodding. I gave him a disgusted look.

"How do I look since you're already looking at me?" I asked in a flat tone.

"Nice."

I put on thin socks and put on my shoes. The driver drove us to the nearest mall which would be, Rosewood Mall (Author's note: This mall is just made up).

Well what do you know? I had to go get a gift with Rey. Fantastic.

I already have an idea of a good gift. A shirt, two wristbands, a necklace with a angel wing.

Good thing Rey went off on his own, so I did too.

In the end, I got a Grey Varsity Cardigan, a grey beanie like the one in my head but isn't the loose kind. I paid for it with the money Rey gave me (because of the difference between dollars and pounds..).

I walked out of the store, satisfied with what I bought. I looked around, no Rey in sight.

I'm lost, I cried to myself. I don't know anyone's number. At all. I frowned but decided to look for him.

After an endless amount of time wasted on trying to find him, I still don't know where he is. A hand held my wrist, I turned around and there he is. With a bag over his shoulder.

"Were you looking for me?" he asked, smirking.

I nodded, "Did you get everything?"

"Of course."

I feel so stupid! I hadn't noticed that Rey has an accent like his dad. Stupid me.

My stomach rumbled, signaling I was starving. He wiped his mouth with his hand, chuckling.

"Can you at least buy me something?" I pleaded with him.

"Fine."

I lit up in happiness, "Thanks so much!"

After a few minutes of waiting, he got me a cinnamon pretzel and root beer. I thanked him, as he just nodded once and waited for me.

"Hurry up!" he snapped, impatiently.

I glared at him, "I'm not done yet!" I yelled.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bench and all the way to the car.

I glared at him on the way home. I greeted Royce with a wave and also my mom and Carter.

"How was the shopping with the two of you?" Carter asked me, politely smiling.

I faked smiled. "It went great!" I said in fake enthusiasm.

Rey rolled his eyes at me. "I'm going to wrap it up, come with me Scarlette, will you?"

I nodded, unwillingly. I followed him to look like the study room that was full of wrappers, ribbons, and tape.

I got a gift wrapper that was sky blue, with snow falling down and little children building a snowman. The snowman had a carrot nose, stones for it's eyes and cheerful smile, and tree branches for it's arms.

I took a rectangular shaped gift box, it was flat of course, after all, it is just clothes. I placed all of my presents gently, smiling. I put on the cover.

I imagined a jolly person receiving the gift, with a wide smile on his face, lighting up the whole room with just the smile.

I put the wrapper on the bottom and wrapped it up. I put both light blue and white ribbons to match the wrapper. I finished mine, finally.

I looked at Rey who was struggling with doing the wrapper. I sighed and walked over doing it for him. He told me to move over but I knew he will get nowhere.

I put a red ribbon on his present and left the study room, along with my presents.

I heard footsteps catching up to me.

"Thanks," he muttered.

I nodded and left to my room. I spent my whole day sleeping.

I woke up early in the morning the next day. I ate a ham sandwich cause I was starving. I decided to explore the house even though I was still in my PJ's. I found my way through the backyard.

It had a big rectangular pool, a big jacuzzi, and a two-people swing.

I sat down and swayed it a bit. "I miss my friends already...," I murmured to myself.

Just then something jumped out of the bush in the back, scaring the crap out of me. I screamed.

"Happy Birthday, Loser!" Rey yelled, a smirk on his annoying face.

I held on to my heart, "What was that for?!" I asked angrily.

"My birthday present."

"You sure made a good birthday present," I said sarcastically.

"Happy Birthday, sweetie!" My mom bursted out of the garden door along with Carter and Royce, who had a birthday hat on.

"Happy Birthday Scar!" Carter greeted me.

"Happy Birfday!" Royce screamed.

I hugged them all, excluding Rey. It will be too awkward and I've taken a dislike on him.

"Looks like Rey got to you first," Carter said.

I nodded. "Honestly I forgot it was my birthday," I admitted in shame.

They all laughed at me. They were all dressed up decently up in the morning, while as for me, I'm still in my sleeping clothes.

I excused myself from them, embarrassed. I dressed up into a black, long-sleeved winter dress, black stockings along with my black high top converse. I put my hair on loose.

I brushed my tangled hair carefully. I saw my cell phone light up, I walked over still while brushing my hair and checked. I had 6 messages.

I pressed on the first one, it was from Janelle.

"Hey Scar! Happy 17th Birthday! Have a good day!" She texted, I smiled a little, imagining her in my head saying that in a cheerful voice.

I checked Megan's, Jace, and Kale. I finally looked at Dalton's.

"Hey Scarlette! How's London? We all miss you. It's almost Christmas, Merry Christmas! :) And Happy 17th Birthday! I wish I was there to spend time with you on your birthday. I would have visited you already by now but I want to spend time with Janelle this Christmas. I hope you have a great birthday and Merry Christmas!" he texted. I smiled then frowned. It was mixed emotions I guess.

I then checked Chase, "Hey Scar. It's not the same when you're not here! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday. Come back here soon okay? We all miss you. Especially Kale, I've been trying to cheer the guy up. Take care of yourself," I smiled at the text.

I greeted them all Merry Christmas and sent somethings to Dalton and Chase. I threw my phone on the bed.

Rey came in, and stared at me. "Why do you look all depressed?" he asked curiously.

I shook my head no. I etched a light smile on my face. I grabbed his shoulder and pushed him out of my room, along with me. We walked out, and they were already dressed all nicely. We headed out to a fancy restaurant.

.+*+..+*+..+*+.

The one in the picture is Chase :P

Jeremy Thurber is playing Chase Tristan Palmer in my story! If you don't like him, then please ignore him i guess?

I'll be posting pictures of who i want to play the characters. (:

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 12 4
He walks into her life on cheery Satuday, and she falls in love with him instantly. Time goes on, they get to know one another, and she only falls h...
1.5K 106 21
Aurora, 17 years old, she is stunningly beautiful, and pure, she's hot tempered and strong willed. Guys lined up for her attention, girls envied her...
1.4M 51.4K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...
178K 6.7K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...