The Nanny (EDITING)

By loveme1819

Za'Rayah (Zuh-Ray-Uh) Parker is from East Garfield Park in Chicago. The rough city raised her to take nothing... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
A\N
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (part 1)
Chapter 14 (part 2)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
About that....
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Q&A
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (Part 1)
Chapter 37 (part two)
Genesis High
Chapter 38
Child's Play
Child's Play has started
Wattys?

Chapter 10

9.2K 337 39
By loveme1819

Chris POV

Za'Rayah sat cautiously at the table and looked dead at me. 

"They set us up.", we said in unison before laughing. 

 "I'ma kill Mike.", I said shaking my head. "You look beautiful by the way."

"Thanks. You look handsome.", she said blushing.

"I know. You know, I always look good.", I swept my shoulders playfully.

"So...this is a date huh?", she questioned nervously, looking around at the lit candles and the wine that the waitress had sitting on the rocks. 

"I guess so. We might as well have had one. It was gonna happen eventually.", I smirked.

"Oh really?"

"Yup. If I woulda asked, and you wouldn't have turned me down right?"

"Hmmmm....", she thought tapping her chin.

"Oh forreal? I see how it is.", I laughed. 

"No but seriously, I think I would have probably said yes. Maybe.", she smirked.

Lyin ass.

"Whatever Rayah. You already know wassup."

She shook her head giggling as she sipped her champagne. I watched her intently and she stared back at me and winked. I reached over the table and grabbed her free hand.

"Why do you insist on playin with me?", I asked her.

"Whatchu' talkin bout?", she asked tucking her hair behind her ear and leaning forward.

"Keep on.", I said releasing her hand.

"I will. Trust.", she replied crossing her legs in the booth seat.

Before I could speak again the waitress came to take our orders. Luckily she didn't try anything or Za'Rayah woulda exchanged words with her.

Once the waitress left to bring out food back, we sparked up another convo.

"So Chris. How's Dezirey?", she asked.

"Ion know. We haven't talked since last week sometime. I gave her some money to get her hair done.", I said lying to see her response. I actually haven't seen her in about two weeks.

"From the looks of it, the girl never uses the hair money you give her. Her hair actually is kinda slayed. Not in a good way, maybe in a Santa Clause way. Kinda resembles his beard.", she said sipping her champagne again.

I laughed so hard I started to choke on my drink. Once I revived myself I spoke again.

"Nah Nah. That was mad rude. You ain't have to cross the line like that.", I said calming down. "I was lying though. I ain't pay for nothin'. I haven't talked to her in bout two weeks. Around the time we last saw each other before today."

She got quiet. And looked away.

"I'm sorry about what I said that day. That was disrespectful of me. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just have a short temper. I know I led you on. I was feelin' you though. I was just so confused. If it makes you feel better, when you left I didn't smash Santa weave. ", I said scratching my neck.

She giggled.

"Its fine. I accept your apology. I know I kinda over reacted. Its just that, I don't really know anybody, and you we're the first person I trusted in a while. I was feeling you too.", she sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know how to. I don't wanna risk my job, to try something."

Our food finally came and we started eating. We both ordered spaghetti and meatballs.

"Why did I order this and a nigga wearing all white.", I laughed as a meatball roll around my plate.

"Here.", she put end of the noodle in her mouth and leaned forward.

"Oh you on some Disney puppies shit. The nigga and the tramp?"

She laughed punching my shoulder. She ate the noodle and giggled.

"Why do you always play? You have serious problems.", she said wiping her mouth with a napkin.

"My bad. You wanna try again?", I asked putting a noodle in my mouth. She caught the other end and her lips slowly came to mine. Then she bit the noodle and laughed.

"Nigga you thought!", she laughed while pointing at me. I was determined to get her back.

Nobody tricks Breezy.

"Aww. I sowwy. Didn't I hurt the little superstar?", she asked licking her lips.

"Keep on. I'ma call your mom and tell her you bullying me.", I said while laughing.

She laughed too and suddenly she stopped.

"I miss her...", she sniffed.

"Oh! My bad,  I forgot..."

"Its fine.", she smiled dabbing her eyes with another napkin.

I went over to the booth she was sitting in and comforted her.

"Its gonna be okay. You know they give the biggest battles to the strongest soldiers. You a lil' solider. Without the army suit. And the case is gonna be a breeze. I wanted to wait and tell you but, I think I should tell you now.", I said pulling out my phone.

Za'Rayah POV

He showed me a picture of a man.

"That's my step dad. When I was younger he used to abuse my mama, and I would always jump up and protect her. I was her little soldier and she always told me thank you protecting her. She's a strong woman and I'm thankful to have her, knowing I could've lost her long ago. Anyways, we had to go through this whole case thing to put him in jail bout three years ago.", he explained.

"The case went good and he was sentenced to twenty-two years. Before he could turn his self in, he committed suicide. It was hard for my mama. She really loved him despite how he did her. Despite what he put us through."

I don't know why but I didn't expect our situations to be so similar. I shed a few more tears. I don't know why he stayed around longer than everyone else. Anybody else would have left me with these problems, to deal with by myself.

"I would tell you my story but I don't wanna ruin our night.", I said sniffing and pulling myself together. I look terrible when I cry. I looked down at my hands and I felt him tilt my chin to look at my face.

"Your beautiful. I can tell you don't see it just yet, but once I make you mine I'll remind you everyday.", he spoke.

I leaned in and kissed him. This time it wasn't in the heat of the moment. I knew what I was doing.

"Let's go to our next destination.", I smiled.

"You sure?", he asked kissing me again.

"Positive."

***

"You may now walk along the beach and if you keep walking you will see a boat sitting at the dock, at the end of your walk. He will tell you what to do from there.", the chauffeur said as he dropped us off at the beach.

"This is nice. They went all out.", I said looking at the beautiful blue water.

"Yeah, they did they thing."

We walked along the shoe hand in hand. I held my heels in my left hand as we walked to the boat. When we got to the boat we were rowed to this small island 200 yards away. There was a small house with many lights on it. It was beautiful.

"This is yours for the night. Call the office in the phone book in the morning when your ready to leave. Have fun!", the captain said a handed Chris the keys, and he rowed off, leaving us on the sand. 

"Well...I guess we can watch a movie or-", I cut him off by jumping up on him. He caught me and I whispered in his ear. 

"No movies. I have something in mind."

A/N

How ya feelin?

What do you think is gonna happen next?

Comment

Inline-Comment

Vote

Share

Follow me.

Love ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 28.3K 67
Billionaires and Monsters #1 Casandra Hernรกndez is a young hard working billionaire living in Santa Montes along with her widowed mother. After bei...
289K 7.2K 59
COMPLETED Clare Dixon thought she couldn't trust anybody but her parents and her best friend Lisa until the day she was forced to marry that good-l...
621K 20.7K 84
****WARNING; THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE SCENES***** "Do you ever think of me when you lie? Lie down in your bed, your bed of lies And I knew better t...
1.1M 56.3K 66
Highest Ranking Received #1 in General Fiction "Only once in your life you find someone who can completely turn your world around." After being sent...