Mate Or Not. You're Still A J...

By SimplyAWriter_D

Lux loved her new life with her pack, the pack she'd joined two years ago after meeting her pen pal --the alp... More

Mate Or Not. You're Still A Jerk
She's Gone
New Home
Unexpected News
The genius Fighter
Surprise.
bonfire
Getting To Me
A Low Blow
New Friends
Break-down
What I Am In His Eyes
Trying To Avoid him
This Is War
Oh we definitely will!
You Called Me Beautiful
A Chance
Fight For Me
A Little Push
Shopping with the twins
Respect
Complications
Explanations
Losing Control
Drunken Behavior
Unforgettable Night
Doubts
Fairytale Gone Bad
Don't have it in me
The Search Begins
Trying not to break
The Fight
Too much to take
Feeling Broken
Soulmate
Christmas preparations
Best Kind Of Love

Mood Swings

507K 9.6K 3.3K
By SimplyAWriter_D

Okay I know I suck for putting a cliffhanger :P But I just couldn't stop myself :$

Okay so there might be a few mistakes but I'm planning on editing the chapters later so bear with me on this one :$

Anw. Pic of jared over there ------------>

Enjoy :)

===============================

Lux's P.O.V.

 "But you can't forgive me either" Jared said "can you?"

I thought about it. Could I forgive him?

 "Jared I...I don't know" I said pulling away from him. "A part of me has already forgiven you I mean you'll always be my brother. But frankly" I looked down at my hands in my lap "I'm scared"

Jared lifted my face so I'd look at him "you really don't know how sorry I am" he whispered "I really am...for everything. Lux, just give me a chance to prove to you I won't treat you like before. I'll make it up for you I swear. Just let me"

I bit my lip nervously as I stared at him. A second chance, it was a simple request. I thought back to my mom and how happy she was that we would have dinner as a family again 'like we used to' her words rung clearly in my head. So many things happened and along the way we stopped being a family. That just wasn't right.

"Okay" I whispered. He beamed and hugged me tightly

 "You won't regret it Lux I swear I'm going to make it up to you. I swear it" he said while practically squishing me

 "um Jared...can't...breathe" I said and he pulled back and I smiled at him drying his wet cheeks. "Now go wash your face so we can go to dinner"

He hugged me once more and kissed the top of my head "I missed you" he said

I smiled weakly "I missed you too"

After Jared and I went downstairs I could tell my parents were a lot happier, they must have heard. Damned wolf senses.

Jared and I headed to the pack house after dinner and we walked inside together. I immediately saw Jason who shot me a questioning look.

I'll explain later  I told him and he nodded. I made my way to up the stairs thinking of how eventful my day had been, first meeting Melissa and then Jared. I thanked god I was heading to my room to sleep and nothing more would happen....but I spoke too soon

Just then I saw Whitney come out of Damon's room in nothing but one of his shirts. She saw me and smirked, winking at me before turning and heading to her room. I just stood there, frozen. Whitney's words clear in my head They've always been mine. Had Damon always been hers? What was I thinking of course he was. That's why he didn't search for me when I left. That's why he still doesn't tell people I'm his mate. Because all this time he's had Whitney, all this time he'd never cared for me, not in the slightest.

My wolf was screaming at me to go and kill Whitney but I stopped her, I wouldn't give Damon the satisfaction of knowing how his betrayal affected me. But for some reason I still couldn't move as an all too familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach kept me in place. A feeling I swore not to let overwhelm me ever again, hurt.

 I shook my head and forced myself to walk to my room. As soon as the door closed I jumped face-first on the bed. Yelling profanities in my pillow. I heard a knock on the door and lifted my head slightly to tell the person to come in, thinking it was one of the boys.

But from the scent that hit me as soon as the door opened I just froze, it was Damon.

 "Lux?" Damon asked and I told myself to calm down as I sat up and looked at him.

 "What do you want?" I asked rudely, I made a mistake a while ago and showed weakness and I was paying for it now.

 "I heard about you gave Jared a second chance" he said and I furrowed my brow, did Jared really tell him.

 "Mind link remember? He couldn't hide it from his happiness he was practically shouting how he was going to be the perfect brother, he didn't know I was tuning in" he admitted guiltily 

 "Good for you" I said rolling my eyes.

 "Tell me something" he looked slightly annoyed "Why can you give him another chance so easily but don't even spare me a glance? Really Lux, I'm your mate" I looked at him angrily as I felt my eyes darken, he had the nerve to call me his mate now after he just finished banging that bimbo

 "Damon, go out before I do something that would involve a great deal of pain to you" I told him 

 Now anger crossed Damon's features, I knew why. He was an Alpha, and the way I was talking to him was not acceptable, but I couldn't care less

 "No I want to know why you found it so easy to give him another chance. Why your so adamant on staying like this with me." he said angrily

 "Maybe because he actually showed regret. Maybe because he'd been looking like hell ever since I came. Maybe because he knows he made a mistake and is trying to make up for it. Maybe because he isn't acting like YOU" I snapped at him and in a minute I was pinned against the wall of my room with both of Damon's hands on either side of my face.

 He was breathing heavily as he stared at me with piercing black eyes. A pissed off Alpha, never a good thing.

"Get away from me" I said but he stayed still I thought of pushing him but that would just anger his wolf more and besides he was alpha and no matter how strong I was he was stronger.

"Are you going to give me another chance?" he asked and I took a deep breath to calm myself. Really? Did he really think I'd give him a second chance now?

"When hell freezes over" I told him, anger lacing every word as I refused to submit to his closeness. It wasn't as hard considering I had a fresh image of Whitney in his shirt.

"You will not talk to me like that" he said through clenched teeth

 "I will talk to you in any way I want I'm not in your pack" I told him angrily. I could tell he was about to lose it.

 "What you're in Jason's?" he asked angrily "Your family is here Lux" he stated

 "My family is with my boys" he growled at that. "And speak about them and you cross the line Damon I'm serious"

 "You're mine Lux" Damon said grabbing me by the hips and pressing my body to his "MINE" he growled.

Oh lord how I hated him at that moment. I started pushing away but he kept his hands on me 

 "I'm not anything to you" I said through clenched teeth "I'll never be"

His grip tightened on me then and I felt his excitement which set me in panic. He wouldn't do anything, would he?

Jason get your ass up here right now  I said after my weak struggles. UGH! Screw Alpha strength if he was another wolf I would have him dead by now

What what's wrong? I heard Jason say as his steps floated to my room.

 Perverted alpha   was my explanation

WHAT?! Five angry voices sounded in my head and in a second my bedroom door was slammed open and Damon loosened his hold on me to look behind him. I used his moment of distraction to pull myself away from him and slapped him hard against the face as Jason took a step towards him. 

Don't I told Jason 

What? Why the hell not?! he asked angrily 

Because we can't leave here. Our pack is at stake I just wanted you guys to distract him. I told him

I don't care we'll fucking kill him Lux  he said

No!  I said and though I would have loved to see him take a few punches I knew we couldn't risk it, our pack needed to be here.

 "Never  touch me again" I told Damon "Now get out"

Damon took a step near me but stopped at hearing five angry growls from the door. He turned towards my boys and snarled at them. I immediately stood between them and looked at both sides.

 "Go Damon" I said, he stared at me for a while before nodding and going for the door. The guys seemed reluctant about moving for him to pass through but one glare and they moved, knowing I'd be mad at them if he didn't.

Damon glanced at me one more time before leaving but instead of seeing anger in his eyes I saw...pain? UGH! What was up with that boy? One minute he's banging that slut, the next he's mad saying I'm 'his' and then he's like a love-sick puppy. He was killing me with his god damned mood swings.

The door closed and I was faced with five angry guys. I sighed, was this day ever going to end?

 "What happened?" Jason asked, his jaw clenched and his hands fists at his side.

 "Isn't it obious? He got mad and his wolf took over" I explained

 "But why did he get mad?" Chase asked and I shrugged.

 "Because I gave Jared a second chance" I mumbled and they all stared at me in shock "What? You guys saw how he was and he broke down like literally broke down when I went home. Guys he really regretted it, so he wants to make it up to me" I shuffled my feet not meeting their gaze.

 Just then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, I looked up and saw Taylor smiling warmly at me 

"Your have the kindest heart Lux" he said "Just perfect" I beamed at him and hugged him and pretty soon all the guys were hugging me.

"Okay, loving the brotherly moment here guys but seriously...Five huge guys and little me. I think I should be running out of oxygen soon" I said

They all laughed and pulled away from me and I kissed them all on the cheek before they left so I could sleep. I ran and got in my PJ's just wanting to get to the bed before something else happened. But nothing did as I got into my bed and drifted to a peaceful sleep.

The next day I woke up to a delicious smell. I dresed quickly and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen.

 "Don't touch these. Eat your own breakfast those aren't for you" I heard a stern voice say

 "I just wanted a taste" another answered. I walked into the kitchen to see some of the guys on the kitchen table and but they all shut up once they saw me. Jared beamed at me and walked up to me and hugged me.

 "Good morning baby sister" he said smiling "I have taken the liberty of making you breakfast" he smiled at me.

 "Coco pops?" I asked hopefully. 

 "Better" he said as he led me to the table. I looked at the table and my mouth fell open 

 "Are those?" I asked and he nodded 

 "Chocolate chip pancakes" he stated as I stared at the two. TWO plates with chocolate chip pancakes literally piled on them. Wow did he really make all these just for me.

 "Wow I haven't eaten those since...well since we were kids" I smiled at the memory.

"Yup I used to make them to you every Sunday and then we'd play video games which reminds me" he brought something from the kitchen counter "COD tonight?" I looked at him in disbelief. Wow, I guess he really meant it when he said he was making it up to me.

I nodded and his smiled brightened as he shot Zach a look as he tried to steal from my plate. I giggled and handed them a plate. "I can't eat them all" I smiled at Jared "But thanks a lot" he smiled and when I finished eating we all headed to school.

 "Damon looked pissed today if he tries anything when we're not around just call us okay?" Taylor whispered to me as we went through the school doors.

 I giggled "You worry too much Tay. You know I can fend for myself" I laughed as I walked but Taylor grabbed my arm to stop

 "I'm serious Lux. Damon is an Alpha, they're possessive and tend to lose control when it comes to their mates" he told me and I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek

 "I'll call you guys if anything happens" I told him and I saw relief pass through his eyes.

 "Promise?" he asked and I smiled before hugging him. 

"Promise" I said but umped back at hearing a growl come behind us. I looked behind me and Damon was standing there glaring daggers at Taylor and Taylor was glaring right back.

 "Is there a problem here?" Jason said coming up next to me and Taylor.

Damon now changed his glare from Taylor to Jason. "Yeah there's one hell of a problem. He had his hands all over her"

 "You piece of shit now you come here and want to--" Taylor said but Jason cut him off

 "We don't see how that's that involves you seeing as non of them are from your pack" Jason said placing an arm around my waist with a smirk on his lips. If I didn't know any better I'd say he was doing this just to infuriate Damon more but why would he do that? right?

Right then Chase and the twins also appeared at our sides. Oh for Christ's sake did they really want a fight?

 "Okay guys" I said standing between Damon and the guys "Let's just go to class"

Damon smirked at that and kept his gaze at the guys "Yeah we have first period together Lux" he said smugly and I glared at him. But it was true we had English together and non of my pack was with me.

I saw Jason take a threatening step towards Damon and let out a growl which Damon responded to with a growl of his own

 "You guys seem to be forgetting it's not an all were school" I said sternly "So cut the growling" I turned to the guys "yes I have first period with him" I could almost feel Damon smirking behind me so I looked back at him "no I won't even be near him"  Damon's smirk dropped into a scowl

I waited for Damon to walk away before I walked towards Jason and hugged him seeing as he was so tense. I pulled away and looked at all of the guys "Look I already promised Tay I'd call you guys if something happens okay? Don't worry guys please? you know I can take care of myself."

 "The second anything happens Lux" Jason warned "Tell us" I nodded and smiled at them 

 "Now get to class" I told them before turning on my heel and heading to class.

The bell was just about to ring when I reached class and took the seat farthest from Damon and next to Melissa, at least I had one friend here.

 "Hey" I said sitting next to her. She smiled at me and reached in her bag and pulled out a book.

 "You said you wanted it" she put it on my desk 'the hunger games' I smiled and thanked her before putting it in my bag. "So what team are you? Peeta or gale?"

I shook my head "nu-uh I don't discuss teams in public places. When Twilight came out and I said that I think both teams are lame and that Twilight is fake I almost ended up on hanging on a fishing net in Alaska" I laughed "I swear if it wasn't for my speed I don't know what might have happened" I shuddered as I remembered all those human girls looking at me as if I'd cause world war II.

Melissa laughed "Yeah I guess that's the annoying part about being a were. You can't watch a movie like that without laughing at some of the things they come up with"

 "but you gotta admit" I told her with a sly grin "That movie has got some fine, and I do mean fine, guys" she giggled and I heard a growl come from the back of the class. I didn't even glance back knowing who's it was, it was obvious.

Melissa laughed "When you find your mate you won't think any guy is cuter than him" I lost my smile and allowed myself a glance at Damon. he didn't have a glare on his face, or a scowl, hi face was just expressionless as he stared at me obviously he had heard what Melissa said

 "Yeah, when I find him" I told her turning my gaze from Damon before his glare returned.

 Has he tried anything? Chase asked through the mind link Seriously we're one step away from killing the dude

I sighed No he hasn't so chill guys. Please and focus on the class now or I'l block you and you'd have to focus I warned them and they all agreed. Melissa and I chatted during the hour when really my mind was on one thing. Damon. What was with the change of attitude? and what did it mean?

===============

Okay so how many people are hating on Damon right now?

I personally love Taylor *sigh* he's just so darn cute in a dangerous kind of way :P 

Tried to make this chapter longer really hope you all liked what happened between Lux and Jared and aren't disappointed cz tht would suck :S 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 2.6K 32
It's been almost one year since Lena was last seen after Dylan's rejection. After a few months there were rumors of her wolf's appearance from differ...
460K 11K 28
From nerdy to bad-ass. Ariella Stone is heading back to her pack after three years. She lost weight and recieved medication for her pimples. She has...
66.5K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
1.3M 42.3K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...