Runaway ϟ The Flash [1]

By sheismental

❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthr... More

CHARACTERS.
The Start & The Dead.
Hungry.
Taking Care.
Late For Work.
Not Fast Enough.
I Can't Do This.
Fights.
Sweetheart.
The Man In The Yellow Suit.
New Boy.
The Burning Man.
Merry Little Christmas.
First World Problems.
Jealousy?
Revenge Of The Rogues I
Snart Is Smart.
I Got My Girl Back.
Future People.
Morning Love.
Time.
Figure It Out.
Cannot Outrun.
PROLOGUE.
NEW BOOK

Forgivness.

7.1K 147 67
By sheismental

HAILEY ANDERSON.

"You think that Hailey forgave him?"

"I don't know and i don't really care, they just look so damn cute. I ship it"

"God Cisco"

"What? Are you going to tell me you don't ship them?"

"..."

"That's what I thought"

ϟ

Hailey wakes up, groaning and feeling her eyes puffy.

"Well if it isn't Mrs.Allen" Cisco smirk and Hailey opens one eye and shakes her head as she yawns.

"For god's sakes my head is pounding" She tries to move but Barry's arms are around her waist and her legs are tangled around Barry's. She smiles softly and her hands go trough his hair, pushing it back and just messing it up a little bit more.
She looks up and sees Caitlin and Cisco with their eyebrows furrowed, Cisco looked at them as if they were puppies which made Hailey feel even more uncomfortable. Caitlin's arms were crossed over her chest and with a disapproving look on her face.

"What now?" Hailey harshly snapped while looking at Cailtin.

"After everything he said and did"
Caitlin shakes her head.

"Well yesterday you were prepared to excuse his behavior and now you are doing the contrary?" Hailey tries to sit but fails as Barry tightens his grip around her waist.

"I just don't get it, i know he likes you like a lot but do you seriously think this is going to work between you two?" Cisco gasps as he hears Caitlin saying that. "Whatever, not my business right?" She walks towards the other room and Hailey sighs loudly. Barry starts waking up, she feels his hands moving around her waist. Barry looks at her, his hand finds it way to her cheek and with his thumb he caresses Hailey's cheek, making her eyes close in satisfaction.

"Good morning" he whispers. His voice is groggy, and deep. It makes Hailey shiver.

"Good morning" She whispers smiling, making Barry smile even more.

"And you still question me about shipping Bailey?" Cisco says to Caitlin and she ignores him. Barry looks at Cisco surprised.

"Oh hey guys" his eyes are now fully open and his legs aren't tangled with Hailey's anymore, he gets up leaving and empty space on the really small bed.
Hailey tries moving her broken arm and Caitlin runs up to her.

"Don't move it !" Caitlin almost yells and takes Hailey's arms, checking it. "It looks like its fully healed"

"Wait, so she heals fast too?" Barry asks as he tries to adjust his hair.

"Apparently" Caitlin checks her face, bruises and scar almost unnoticeable. "It's difficult being a doctor when you guys heal super fast" Caitlin chuckles and Hailey gets up.

"God i feel dirty" Hailey says and watches Barry as he raises his eyebrow. Cisco smirks and playfully pushes Barry. "You guys are disgusting" Hailey responded as Barry and Cisco chuckled. "Im going to my apartment" she starts checking every single pocket of  her pants. "Where's my phone?, holy shit if i lost it, i swear I'm going to die" Hailey starts looking everywhere.

"Yesterday you were beat up by the fastest man alive and the day before that you fought with Captain Cold and Heatwave, leaving you with 2nd degree burns on your back. I highly doubt you would die because you lost your phone." Caitlin says almost immediately. "But here it is, i took it from your coat when you were on a full sleeping beauty mode." Caitlin chuckles and Hailey takes it softly as she puts the device on her chest and sighs in relief.

"Thank god, i mean thanks Caitlin" She smiles at Caitlin and it seems like the tension that was between them 10 minutes ago is gone.

"No problem"

Hailey immediately checks her phone only to see that she has 59 missed calls from Karina.

"Shit" Hailey says as she jogs towards the door. "Thank you so much guys for taking care of me." She yells as she jogs.

"Need a ride?" Barry asks and takes her into his arms using his speed to take her home, she wraps her hands around his neck to avoid falling. Once they get to her apartment he puts her down and as soon Hailey's feet touch the ground she throws up. "Im sorry" Barry quickly holds her hair, avoiding it from the puke. When she is done she takes a napkin she had in her pocket and wipes her mouth.

"I wasn't ready" Her cheeks turn red and Barry chuckles.

"I should've asked, sorry"

"It's okay, at least I'm not late for my own funeral" She smiles looking at his green eyes and she shakes her head. "I should probably get um in" She points at the door and Barry slowly nods. His face drops and she sees guilt on his face. "Barry, what's wrong?" She takes a step closer and grabs his hand, making invisible circles on it with her thumb.

"Everything Hailey, just everything" He pulls away.

"Barry you can talk to me, you know that right?"

Barry's heart almost breaks when he hears that, how is that she can still be so loving and caring when he had done a lot of damage to her. He felt the need to kiss her pink plump lips but he also felt guilty and wanted to stay away so she wouldn't get hurt.

"I know" Barry smiles softly and kisses her cheek, so slowly and sweet that it makes Hailey melt from the inside. "Are you free tonight?"

"Well if there isn't any bad guys out there that White Chameleon or The Flash need to catch." She tilts her head smiling. Barry shoves his hands on the pockets of his pants.

"Hopefully they will rest for one night, so is that a yes?" Barry looks shyly at Hailey and she smiles.

"Its a date, Barry Allen."

"Great, see you tonight Hailey Anderson" he walks away with a smile plastered on his face, his phone rings and he answers.

"Bartholomew Henry Allen where were you?! I have been calling you all day"

"Calm down Iris, i had to do some stuff at the lab; I'm just leaving"

"You are such a liar, I'm at the police department, in your lab" Barry detected anger in her voice and Barry closes his eyes thinking in another excuse. "You know, you are not good at planning surprise parties, i always find out about them" Iris giggles and Barry's eyes open wide.

"You caught me" Barry fakes a laugh but it was convincing enough for her, he totally forgot about Iris Birthday.

"I need to hang up Eddie is here, see you tonight at my 'surprise' party" Iris hangs up.

"god I'm screwed up" Barry says as he walks towards a flower shop.

ϟ

Hailey opens the door slowly, and sees her aunt peacefully sleeping on the couch. Hailey feels bad at lying to her aunt, but she has too. What if one of those Metahumans kidnap her aunt or what if they hurt her? She will never forgive herself.
She slowly walks up to her aunt, taking her hand into hers.

"Kari" she whispers and Karina wakes up immediately breathing heavily, her eyes wide open, quickly looking at Hailey.

"For gods sake Hailey" Karina takes he into her arms and hugs her as tight as possible. "I was so worried, why weren't you answering any of my calls?, where were you?" Karina takes Hailey's face with both of her hands and looks at her in the eyes.

"My phone died, and i was with a friend. We went out yesterday and she was really depressed because um her boyfriend broke up with her, you know drama" Hailey quickly made up that excuse and tried to sound as convincing as possible. Karina slowly nodded.

"Don't ever do that to me again, i swear i almost go crazy." Karina looks at her again and notices a small scar on the top of Hailey's eye. "What happened here?" She touches the scar and Hailey barely feels any pain.

"I-um, I hit my head with the door of her house, we were a little bit drunk." Hailey chuckles and Karina gets up still not convinced.

"You want some breakfast? I can make you Huevos Rancheros, you know your favorite" she wiggles her eyebrows and Hailey's stomach growls. "Yep I'm making that" Karina chuckles. Hailey felt good, being back home and being just a tiny little bit more normal.

She watched TV for a while and they sit on the small table as they eat their breakfast.

"Im going on a date tonight." Hailey says as she raises her eyebrows and smiles.

"Huh I'm guessing with the attractive guy with green eyes and really good breath?" Karina raises her eyebrows while smirking.

"How do you know he had good breath?" Hailey laughs with her eyebrows furrowed.

"You were about to kiss him, I'm guessing he had good breath."

"We ate big belly burger before coming here."

"Nasty" Karina shakes her head. "Anyway so it is him?"

"Yep his name is Barry, Barry Allen" Hailey smiles and Karina looks at her.

"He makes you happy?" Karina asks, resting her chin on her hand.

"He does" Hailey blushes.

"Then he is approved, but if he hurts you i will make sure he isn't able to have kids." Karina points at Hailey with the fork. "That's a warning"
Hailey laughs.

ϟ

"God Joe what am i going to do?" Barry walks over the same spot over and over again, making Joe dizzy.

"Would you please stop doing that i think I'm going to have a headache, son" Barry stops and looks down at the ground. "And I don't know Barry, i mean Iris would love for you to go to an  actual date-" Barry gives him a look.

"I have gone to dates before"

"Blind dates that Iris has planned, doesn't count" Joe chuckles. "As i was saying, i don't know Barry. Hailey seems like a good girl so i hope that Iris will understand, but then again it's her birthday."

"You are being so helpful right now" Barry rolls his eyes and sighs. "Thanks Joe"

"You're welcome" Joe smiles and pats Barry's shoulder as he walks away.
Barry sighs again.

"I will figure it out on my own" Barry fakes a smile. Maybe it wasn't good to think about it too much, Iris has been his friend (and crush) half of his life; maybe she will understand how much Hailey means to him, after all he has been talking to Iris about Hailey.
But it was Iris's birthday, how did he forgot? how is he even going to miss it?.
While Barry thought about all of these things his phone kept ringing, it made his head ache so he chose to pick up.

"Hello you are talking to Barry Allen, currently stressed forensic scientist, how can i help you?" Barry says faking emotion in his voice as he rubbed his eyes.

"Well i hope that he isn't too stressed out to miss his best friend's birthday." Iris voice sounds happy and that makes Barry's decision even more difficult. "By the way you and my dad are such bad liars and bad surprise party planners, I am at Jitters and so far 3 people told me that they are coming to my birthday party tonight." Iris chuckles.

"Well what can i say?" Barry chuckles.

"You are coming right? It would suck without you."

"Well...." Barry trails off.

"Oh god you aren't coming."

"I have a date tonight Iris, like a real date."

"Let me guess, Hailey?" Iris scoffs and Barry starts getting annoyed.

"Yes"

"Well have fun" Iris hangs up and Barry stares at the phone in disbelief.
He has always been there for her, couldn't she be happy for him? After finally getting over her. He sighs again, he uses his speed to go to S.T.A.R Labs and sees Caitlin there.

"Don't you rest?" Barry jokes and Caitlin looks at him smiling.

"I could say the same to you"

"Weeell it hasn't been a great morning." Barry sits on a chair at the main desk and ruffles his hair.

"Well what happened?" Caitlin sits next to him.

"Let's just say that there's a girl, amazing to say at least and there's another girl who is my best friend and i asked the girl on a date, she said yes buuut it's my best friends birthday party tonight which by the way I totally forgot. I talked to my best friend and she basically hanged up on me" Barry rambles and Caitlin raises her eyebrows almost chuckling.

"Would it hurt you to say their names? We all know who those two girls are." Caitlin chuckles and Barry smiles. "I mean you have always been there for Iris, and Hailey is a really good girl maybe little bit stubborn but hey i'm not judging." Caitlin starts tapping her index finger on the desk, Barry pays special attention to that action for some reason. "I can't give you an actual opinion Barry, do what you think it's right. Oh and if you do go to the date, you should give her daisies i heard that those are her favorites." Barry nods although he know that, Caitlin gets up and as she walks away she pats Barry's shoulder. "Just don't screw it up" She smiles taking her coat and walking away.

"I will try not to" Barry mumbles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 2.8K 72
ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇ|❝ɪ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ, ꜱʟᴏᴡʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ.❞ - ➼ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ; (ʏ/ɴ) ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰᴏʀᴇɴꜱɪᴄ ꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴄᴘᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴ...
75.4K 2.2K 31
"Don't you know that I'm just a girl off the streets? You have a life outside of all of this, Barry. Friends, family, a home that you can be safe in...
85.6K 2.4K 85
After helping Supergirl defeat Non and Mydrid, Barry finds out a troubling secret back in Central City. There's meta humans running around causing tr...
11.9K 377 19
Disclaimer: I don't own flash or pictures or songs. All the facts in the story may not be exactly in point, because I don't remember how everything w...