Shattered Violets (girlxgirlx...

By Shattered_Violet

Once Violet enters the club, she looks and acts just like your average stripper. No one can question her beau... More

Shattered Violets / Copyright
Shattered Violets~1
Shattered Violets~2
Shattered Violets~3
Shattered Violets~4
Shattered Violets~5
Shattered Violets~6
Shattered Violets~7
Shattered Violets~8
Shattered Violets~9
Shattered Violets~10
Shattered Violets~11
Shattered Violets~12
Shattered Violets~13
Shattered Violets~14
Shattered Violets~15
Shattered Violets~16
Shattered Violets~17
Shattered Violets~18
Shattered Violets~19
Shattered Violets~20
Shattered Violets~21
Shattered Violets~22
Shattered Violets~23
Shattered Violets~24
Shattered Violets~25
Shattered Violets~26
Shattered Violets~27
Shattered Violets~28
Shattered Violets~29
Shattered Violets~30
Shattered Violets~31
Shattered Violets~32
Shattered Violets~33
Shattered Violets~34
Shattered Violets~35
Shattered Violets~36
Shattered Violets~37
Shattered Violets~39
Shattered Violets~40
Shattered Violets~41
Shattered Violets~42
Shattered Violets~43
Shattered Violets~44
Shattered Violets~45
Shattered Violets~46
Shattered Violets~47
Shattered Violets~48
Shattered Violets~Epilogue

Shattered Violets~38

24.5K 457 41
By Shattered_Violet

38

It wasn’t long until dinner was served and the conversation was turned back over to Damon and my father. They spoke about what my roles would be and some other business bullshit that I didn’t really care about. Still I tried to pay attention to it, just in case it would come in handy down the road.

Once we were done, Damon pulled out my chair for me and whispered in my ear. “Meet me in my office in ten minutes.”

I nodded in agreement and left the dining room. I had to admit I wanted to sneak a shot of whiskey to calm my nerves, but I figured I needed to keep my wits about myself. Also the fact that if Damon smelled booze on me, it might ruin everything I planned on doing.

Going into the kitchen, I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and looked around the room. There was Hilda still working and cleaning up after the caterer.

“Hilda, why are you still here? I thought you’d be gone hours ago?” 

“Oh! Miss Vivian, you frightened me.” She jumped back, splashing water down the front of her apron. “Is there something I can do for you?”

“Yes, there is; go home. I’ll take care of loading the dishes.”

Hilda stopped what she was doing and looked at me. “Miss Vivian, I couldn’t. There are just a few more dishes and then wiping off the counters. It won’t take me long. I swear.”

“Hilda, now! Just give me your apron.” I demanded.

She didn’t hesitate but dried her hands and took off her apron. Handing to me, I could see the reluctance in her movements.  “Are you sure? What will you husband and father say?”

“Hilda, I don’t give a flying fuck what they say. Now go home and get some rest. Are you working tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Good, we have some changes to make around here, and I’ll need your assistance.”

“Sure thing Miss. Vivian. What time do you need me?” Hilda asked.

“I don’t want you here before ten.  Go home and get some rest.”

“But… but, what about breakfast?”

“I’ll handle breakfast, now go.” I demanded with a laugh.

Hilda didn’t say another word. She grab her purse and jacket out of the coat closet, and head right out the door. Pulling the apron over my head, I tided it loosely around my waist. Once I found the scrubber in the sudsy water, I finished washing the few dishes that we left, putting in the dishwasher. It felt good to busy myself and I did love being in the kitchen.

It made me think of Angel and Tone. After a long night at the club, we’d come home and I’d head to the kitchen to make us all something to eat. We’d spent so many mornings sitting around the kitchen table eating, as I listened to them talk about their lives, always keeping my life story to myself; afraid to share. I wonder if I actually opened up to them, if I’d be in this mess right now?

Before I realized what was going on, twenty minutes had passed. Oh shit. He’s going to be pissed. I finished wiping down the last counter and rinsed out the dish clothe. Handing it over the side of the sink to dry, I slipped off the apron and left the kitchen in a hurry.

There he was, sitting at his desk, going through some papers. I noticed the tumbler or amber liquid next to him. Standing just outside the threshold, I knocked on the door.

“Come in sweetheart.” He said as he stood up from behind his desk. As I made my way into his office, he walked over to greet me. “Where were you, I was just getting ready to come find you.”

“I was in the kitchen cleaning up a little.” I confessed.

“What happened to the maid, Heidi?” He asked.

“You mean, Hilda.” I corrected him. “I sent her home. She was dead on her feet and she’d done a lot of extra work to help me today.”

“Well, I don’t see any harm in you doing things around here if it makes you happy.” Damon said.

I sat in silence for a moment, taken aback by his comment.

“So you don’t mind me taking on household responsibilities round here?” I asked.

“Hell now sweetheart. If you want to busy yourself with wholesome womanly things; by all means go for it. I’ll stand by you.”

I couldn’t help but stare at him Blankley. Womanly. Wholesome. You’ve got to be kidding me, as of two days ago I was stripper. Dumbass!  “Oh, okay.” I answered.

Damon led me over to a couch sitting on the far wall. After I took a seat, he sat down next to me.

“So, what do you want?” I asked him.

“Well, you said at dinner that we needed to get to know each other. I happen to agree with you. What I want to know is what you’re really looking in your quest to run the house?” He asked point blank.

If you only knew. “Just what I said at dinner. I need something to keep me busy and why not learn all the ins and outs of running a household. Especially, when the house we speak of is mine.”  

“About that, how do you know the house is yours?”

The truth was, I really didn’t. I only had what Hilda said, so unless there are documents, it wouldn’t hold up in court. Plus, there was the fact that once I mentioned it, my father started to choke on his wine. “Just something I’ve been told.”

“So you don’t know by fact.” Damon continued to question.

“No, not buy fact, but as my husband, can’t you look into it for me. I mean if it’s mine, wouldn’t it be best to now know.”

“True, it would be best. It’s not like I don’t make enough to support us and ten homes like this, but still if the money is yours it should be known.”

Smiling, I knew I had him. The more I had Damon push to find out if the house and money were truly mine, the more he’d get under my father’s skin; only driving a wedge between them in the end. We continued to talk about my plans for the house. I explained how I wanted to take over the shopping and meal planning.

“Well I don’t know about you going out of the compound just yet.”

I hated that he still wanted to keep me a prisoner, but he’s not stupid. I’d have to admit that if I had to chance, I’d run far away from here, taking Angel with me.

“What about online shopping? I’m sure I can find everything we need. I mean Liz could even help me in the meantime. What do you think?”

Damon thought for few moments before answering. “I’m sure it can be arranged, I’ll call Liz in the morning to see if she is able to free up her schedule.”

Afraid a few more questions, I turn the conversation to something else. “So how did your meeting go today?”

Damon smiled as he answered. “Very well, thank you for asking. I’m sure you’re aware with our recent nuptials, I have handed over a large contract to you father. We spend the day hashing out the final details with our lawyers. It seems that everything is set in place as long as all factors are met.”

“W...what do you mean all factors.” I had to admit that I was afraid to ask.

He smiled and me and brought his hand to my face; caressing my cheek. “Nothing for you to worry about my love.”

 Nothing to worry about. What the hell. Of course it was something to worry about. Every move the make can ruin any chance I have of getting out of her. “If you say so.” I replied.

“Well my beautiful darling, I have some paper work to get to before I turn in for the night.” He told me.

Getting the point that it was time for me to leave, I stood up. Damon followed right behind me. I had to admit I didn’t know what to do. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight.” I told him as turned to walk away.

I didn’t get far before I felt Damon’s hand clasp around my wrist, pulling me and spinning me into him. Feeling his chest collide with mine, I gasped for breath. “Vivian, I don’t know how long I can wait for you, but I’ll try to hold out until you’re ready. I love you too much to mess this up.” He told me, before his lips came down on mine.

I don’t know why, but I let him kiss me. I figured it would only help me in the long run. I needed Damon to believe I was giving him a chance to win me over. When he finally released me, I pulled away quickly. I could feel the heat in my face and it caused me to blush even harder. “Goodnight Damon.” I said, as I backed away from him, until I knew I free run up the stairs and hide behind my own bedroom doors.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 3.2K 36
It's been three hundred years since the emergence of a vampire virus. A virus which only affected unborn male babies. The world has come to accept th...
260K 5.2K 24
"Hush, my beautiful girl. Everything is going to be okay. Trust me. Shh..." He whispered whilst wiping the tears from my face, trailing his finger do...
72 14 10
Violett has strange powers. The only thing is it affects her mind when she uses them. She doesn't know how to use them yet without them affecting her...
1.2K 13 6
!WARNING!: This book contains graphic violence, strong language, drug use, and brief mentions of suicide ::: There will be a time in life when you wi...