Let's Call it Love

By Avirose

Meeting 'The Perfection' was a dream come true for many people, mostly fanatical girls. Scarlette happened to... More

Dedication
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 1 The Race
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 2 The Mother
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 3 The Scarves
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 4 Meeting Up & Homework
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 5 The Search
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 6 Coffee and Cookies
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 7 Teddy Bear & Dance
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 8 Welcome Back
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 9 The Unexpected Outing
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 10 Getting Ready
Let's Call It Love: Bonus Chapter 1
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 11 Root Beer Bottles and Good Friends
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 12 Party and Alvin&Nobody
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 14 Rey & Birthday
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 15 Lying, Partying, and Riley
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 16 Planning
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 17 Sleepover and Switching Places
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 18 Crazy&Fun Date
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 19 Beach Trip
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 20 Surprise Attack
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 21 Homecoming
Let's Call It Love:Chapter 22 Mysterious Admirer
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 23 Didn't Prevail
Let's Call it Love: Chapter 24: Two Twits and Two Kisses
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 25 Friendship and Time Apart

Let's Call it Love:Chapter 13 Bad News & Sleepover

554 8 1
By Avirose

Let's Call It Love

Chapter 13

Bad News & Sleepover

I turned to see someone leaning on Chase's shoulder. We stopped kissing and I looked everywhere and landed on them.

"Dalton, what's wrong, baby?" Janelle asked me. I was distracted of course.

"Nothing," I said nonchalantly.

I saw them, it was Scarlette sleeping soundly despite the noises made in the party. Chase was just trying to act casually. I saw him gently brushing her hair to the side because it fell on her face.

Jan giggled. "Look at the cute couple there," she pointed at the two.

"I agree. They look cute together."

Somehow, my heart filled with love, was feeling down right now. Like there was weight on it. I took a deep breath and ignored the feeling.

Chase who was staring somewhere else pulled her closer to his body and tried to hug her. My eyes widened in surprise. He's never done that to a girl.

I saw her frown in her sleep and woke up, trying to let go of his grip. He tried to act casually and looked somewhere else. She woke from her nap.

After that, my heart didn't have that big weight anymore.

"Can I go home?" Scarlette asked drowsily.

"Okay, let's go then," he stood up.

Scar looked at me and weakly smiled, then bowed. They both left after that.

What was I experiencing just a moment ago? We decided to leave the party because there was less people and it was getting late. School starts again tomorrow.

༺༻

I woke up to the sound of sweet laughter. I got on my feet, and walked down stairs quietly. I saw my mom talking to a guy, looks to be about her age.

"Morning Scar!" My mom greeted me.

I gave her a puzzled look. Who is this man?

"Hello, good morning," the guy greeted me. He had a british accent.

I nodded my head politely at him.

"Scar, this is Carter. My Fiancé," she introduced me to him. They reunited and held hands.

All I could show was shockness. Since when did my mother get a fiancé? I mean, how come I just met him now?

"C-congratulations," I gave them a smile.

"Honey, I know this will be a big shock, but we are moving to London," she announced.

My jaw dropped to the ground. Did I hear her right? London?! I was definitely going crazy. I was probably wide eyed right now.

"W-when?" I inquired.

"Next week," she replied, thrill in her voice.

"You're kidding with me right? Next week is Christmas!" I exclaimed.

"And is Royce okay with this?" I asked her.

"I'm not kidding. And yes he is. In fact, he's very excited."

I looked at the clock. I was running late than usual. I ran to my room, dressed in my uniform and headed out. I can't believe this.

I arrived to school with me running all the way there. Sweat formed on my face and I wiped it off with my hands. I can't believe I'm moving to London!

The classes I had, I couldn't pay any attention. I think I could kill someone.

"Your going to what?!" they all asked me.

"Move," I said pissed.

"When?"

"Next week."

They all groaned. I buried my head in my arms.

"Are you ever going to come back?" Jace asked.

"In two years," I said groaning.

Two years. Too long.

༺༻

"Want to spend the night?" Dalton asked me.

I was in his car after school. I'm not sure why I am but he practically begged me to come with him. Right before we left, Janelle gave me a sadden but fierce look.

"Sure," I replied.

"Did you cancel any plans with Janelle tonight?" I asked him warily.

"Yeah," he admitted.

I opened the car door and tried to exit but he held on. It was useless to get out, so I went back in.

"Dalton," I paused, "I don't want my friend to get mad at me for stealing her boyfriend."

He pffed me, "Its fine. Why do you worry so much?"

"Isn't our hang out tomorrow? Why so early?" I asked.

"I want to spend time with my good friend before she leaves for two years," he explained.

I looked at him in awe. We arrived at his house quickly bringing escorted inside.

I saw Mrs. Ryne and bowed to her.

"Long time no see, Scarlette," she greeted me with a warm hug.

I laughed. "How have you been, Mrs. Ryne?"

"Good, good."

"I thought you were Janelle, well I don't-"

"Mom we talked about this!" Dalton interrupted her.

She quickly placed her hand in front of her mouth, as if stopping herself.

"We're going," he took my hand and led me upstairs to a comfy looking room.

He closed the door gently and I stood there awkwardly as he made himself comfortable.

I explored the room with my eyes. It had a big plasma tv and a queen-sized bed with a little sofa in the end of the bed. There was also a stack of dvd's near the tv.

He laid, front first with his hands in his face. He stared at me. He patted the spot next to him.

"Are we watching a movie?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes at the dvd's.

"Yep."

I walked over the dvd's and I saw "Friends With Benefits". I put the cd in, as he instructed, and it started. I laid down, in the same position, next to him. The light from the screen mesmerized me.

"Do you want popcorn?" he asked.

"Nope," I replied.

He reached for something on his side of the bed and placed a big container of red licorice in front of the both of us.

I opened the container, getting some for myself. He was about to grab one but I put it away.

He gave me an irritated look. I grinned at him but gave it back. The rest of the movie dragged on and on and I began to become sluggish.

"Good night," I yawned and closed my eyes.

I could feel his eyes on me.

. . .

A half an hour later.

"Dalton..." she called for me.

I paused the movie and looked at her sleeping face.

"Yes?" I asked nonchalantly.

"I'm smitten with this boy," she said.

She's sleep talking.

"And?" I was getting curious.

"Well the thing is, he's very much in love with his girlfriend," she said in a sad voice. Her eyes still closed.

"Who might this lucky guy be?" I asked her, curious.

She took a deep breath and stopped talking. Who is this guy she's smitten with? I was feeling tired too and I slept.

. . .

I woke up, seeing Dalton sleeping next to me. It was so cute. I giggled quietly.

It was probably morning now. I checked my phone and it was 9 am.

I shook him quietly. He groaned but looked at me.

"Yes?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

"How would you like to spend our day today?" I asked him cheerfully.

"Sleeping, eating," he suggested.

"Promise me something."

"What is it?" he inquired.

"Let's take a few pictures together? Now? In your sleepy state?"

"Fine," he said, as I grabbed my camera from my bag and snapped a picture. We both checked and we were both smiling in the picture.

A maid, bursted open the door making me surprised. She placed a bunch of clothes in the bed.

There was black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, a grey striped top, along with a white tank top. I'm guessing, I'm going to have to wear that.

The maid told me to get ready in the bathroom. I did as told, brushed my teeth (they got everything ready). And put my curly hair to the side.

I went out to find knee high black converse. I wore them with socks and smiled. I adored them.

Dalton was standing there, casually. He was nicely dressed with a black jeans, a white dress shirt, along with a black vest, and a tie with stripes of gray. It fitted him.

"You look pretty," he complimented.

"Thanks," I bowed my head.

"You look cute."

My phone rang loudly, I answered it. I put it on speaker phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey!" It was Janelle.

"Hi, what's up?" I asked her.

"Let's hang out today! I know Dalton's there! Let us three hang out!" she exclaimed.

"B-"

"Kay, see you at my house!" she hung up.

I put my phone down, biting my lip. How a long day this will be?

"You heard all, right?"

He nodded. We got out of the house and picked her up. We went to this mall and they went in front of me, Jan hanging on to his arm while they pointed at things. I looked at pleasant things by myself, saying what I think about them in my head. I'm the third wheel.

They decided to get ice cream. They shared a mint chocolate. I got chocolate chip.

I got some dripped on a guy's shoe.

"Oops."

I got a tissue and passed on to him, giving him a sheepish smile.

"Thanks so much, miss," he said sarcastically with a british accent.

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry, sir."

"Can you get me another tissue," he paused waiting for my name.

I got him another tissue and said Scarlette. "And who are you if I may ask?" I inquired.

"Benny," he held his hand out.

"Well nice meeting you, Benny. I'm going now. Sorry for the bad impression," I bowed my head and walked off with the couple.

Awkward experience. Meeting a random stranger near to an ice cream store.

Dalton and Janelle seems to be having a date and I'm the third wheel. I'm gonna leave.

"Dalton," I texted, "I'm gonna go home. Mom needs me to pack. Thanks for last night.. And the clothes. Have a nice day with Janelle. Bye!"

I shut off my phone and took the cab back home. I made up the lie so I can leave but I do want to pack.

Maybe after two years everything will still be the same. Even if I'm skeptical about that.

. . .

The day Scarlette leaves already..

I spent my whole week hanging out with my friends. It was fun, I admit, and I'm going to miss them.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Janelle and Megan said in unison.

We were now at the airport, The Perfection was there, and so were Mikaela, Janelle, and Kale.

They were both hugging me tightly, before I told them to let go. I had to go in soon.

I moved on to the Perfection who were looking somewhere else. I went to Jace first who was giving me a smile.

He put his arms out wanting a hug. I hugged him and stayed like that.

"It was nice pretending to be a couple," he whispered in my ear. You could hear him laugh in his voice.

I chuckled. "Yes, sure it was nice. When I come back, I better not know you dated over two hundred girls or else you'll be dead!" I warned him jokingly.

I moved on to Chase. Before I did, Janelle already moved to Dalton, hugging him tightly as they kissed.

I think Chase saw me staring and just hugged me straightforward. I hugged back eventually though.

"Don't break Mikaela's heart, I'll kill you if you do!" I warned him, whispering in his ear.

"I'm not even going out with her!" he shrieked.

I giggled. We let go and I looked at them all. Even though it hurts, I couldn't give Dalton a last hug.

Just out of the corner, I saw Mrs. Ryne smiling sweetly at me. Everyone was surprised, honestly. Mrs. Ryne always has a busy schedule yet she could come. I walked over to her, hugging her. We both sat down in the airport chairs.

"I'll miss you so much, even if I barely got to see you!" she said in a sad voice.

"I'll miss you too, Mrs. Ryne. I hope to see you again after two years," I said, looking forward to it.

"Well I have something to give you too," she handed me a picture.

I looked at it, surprise in my eyes. It was the day I went over for the first time to their house, doing that homework for each other. It was me and Dalton's head's sleeping next to each other in the table.

I gave her a weak smile.

"I know your smitten with my son," she told me.

My eyes grew wide, "Please keep that as our little secret. Even if I'm in love with him, it won't change anything because his heart only yearns for Janelle. No one else."

She nodded, understanding, "I'm so sad seeing you go. Well you're coming back in two years, and make sure you come visit me right away!"

I laughed with her, "Sure Mrs. Ryne. I have to go soon." The laugh disappearing in my voice.

"Scarlette, dear?" she asked me.

I twisted around, waiting for her to say something.

"Nevermind."

I waved bye once more and walked towards my friends. I hugged Megan.

"I'm going to miss you," she whispered.

"Me too," I gave her a weak smile.

I let go and hugged Kale. He was crying a bit which I found adorable and funny. I giggled.

"I'm going to miss you too Kaley," I admitted.

"Come back okay?" he sobbed. I patted his back gently.

Janelle immediately crushed me with a bear hug. I feel that there's some tension between us but it's going to be gone, once I'm gone.

"Take care of yourself and your boyfriend," I warned her.

"I will!" she answered, a bit of sadness in her voice.

And lastly, Dalton. My heart felt sad as it is from everyone else but when I moved on to him, I felt greater sorrow. Like a weight is on my heart.

I slowly hugged him and kind of put my head to his chest, for one, he was way taller than I was.

"Take care of yourself and Janelle, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm going to miss you," I whispered.

"Me too."

I let go, unwillingly remembering Janelle. My eyes begin to water, I felt a tear ran down my cheek.

"I'm going to miss you guys! I'll see you soon!" I shouted at them with enthusiasm in my voice.

I got out my passport and airplane ticket and walked to my family. I looked at them once more but eventually checked in.

I knew eventually they would all change. Even if it's only a slight. Things changes over time, even people.

"Two years will be a long time," I sighed.

"I'm ready to meet a new older brother!" Royce practically screamed in his childish voice.

I became intrigued with what he said. Is this older brother younger than me or older than me? I asked myself. Due to the point I'm clueless I decided to ask Carter.

"Hey Carter," I paused taking a breath, "Are we going to live with someone else?"

He gave me a warm smile, "In fact, we are Scarlette. He's kind of the same age as you. He's 17 too."

All I could say was "Oh."

He just nodded and continued to look somewhere else or to chat with my mom.

"What is his personality and name?" I inquired.

"His name is Rey." Ooh Rey. Nice name. "He is nice and funny at times.. but he gets a little cocky," he admitted.

A cocky kid name Rey. Sounds interesting. "That's something to look forward too," I said in a deep voice.

He laughed at what I said. "Hopefully you guys would get along. I mean you guys are the same age," he told me in a matter-of-fact voice.

I shrugged, "Maybe. Just maybe."

We went in the plane, ready to take off. The flight was approximately 10 hours.

I put on that blindfold and rested my head on the side. I'm going to try to sleep. I'm not going to go in a crying jag now. At least not yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 12 4
He walks into her life on cheery Satuday, and she falls in love with him instantly. Time goes on, they get to know one another, and she only falls h...
403 15 12
When Mercedes moves to Miami after having to deal with family issues, she soon realizes a dreamy looking guy is her neighbour and his name is Austin...
1.5K 106 21
Aurora, 17 years old, she is stunningly beautiful, and pure, she's hot tempered and strong willed. Guys lined up for her attention, girls envied her...
9.8K 344 36
"If you loved me, I wouldn't be a secret." °•°•°•° Paige is the luckiest girl in the world...according to her and maybe every girl in Bishop High-tha...